Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
What is Reiki Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 7:38 pm
too2sweet
I wasn't thrilled about switching Masters, but unfortunately there wasn't any way around it.
If it was me, I would have considered that series of attunements at an end and sought a new tradition.

But what's right for me in this situation is based solely on personal opinion. wink  
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 10:20 pm
TeaDidikai
Recursive Paradox
I have a question actually. Do you think that obtaining a Reiki attunement could have any unusual effects on the functionality of Aspect and Essence channeling? Based on what I've described of it and your knowledge of Reiki
My personal opinion is that it would depend on the tradition of Reiki.

Emerald Dragon could be useful. But most of the other traditions strike me as being incompatible beyond the general benefits that Reiki has- none of which apply directly to your tradition.

Okies. I still haven't figured out if I want to explore it quite yet, but Emerald Dragon is sounding nice overall.  

Recursive Paradox

too2sweet

Tipsy Fairy

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 8:16 am
TeaDidikai
too2sweet
I wasn't thrilled about switching Masters, but unfortunately there wasn't any way around it.
If it was me, I would have considered that series of attunements at an end and sought a new tradition.

But what's right for me in this situation is based solely on personal opinion. wink

Where I can see now that would have been the best choice, at the time it probably wouldn't have occurred to me. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 8:34 am
too2sweet

Where I can see now that would have been the best choice, at the time it probably wouldn't have occurred to me. sweatdrop
I can understand that.
Been in similar situations myself.  

TeaDidikai

Gho the Girl

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 2:47 pm
Question: the path that my mother and sister went to a session of is called "ushured path." I have some lit provided by them, I need help identifying whether they are valid or not.  
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 8:39 pm
Gho the Girl
Question: the path that my mother and sister went to a session of is called "ushured path." I have some lit provided by them, I need help identifying whether they are valid or not.
Can you provide their lineage?  

TeaDidikai

Adalyna

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 10:17 pm
How hard is it to find a Reiki trainer and learn Reiki?  
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 10:27 pm
Asahi Sara
How hard is it to find a Reiki trainer and learn Reiki?
Depends on where you are and how much money you can afford to pay.

Lots of traditions cost a pretty penny, have a well documented lineage and will Attune anyone who is willing to come to the nearest class. My experience is that there is someone in every major urban area.  

TeaDidikai

Adalyna

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 11:05 pm
ahh so its basically a matter of being able to afford classes kinda thing. I had a hunch it would be like that. How can you know if their lineage is valid? Any way to cross reference?  
PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 5:26 pm
Asahi Sara
ahh so its basically a matter of being able to afford classes kinda thing.
Depends on the tradition. Emerald Dragon for example doesn't charge.
Quote:

How can you know if their lineage is valid?
Shorter the lineage, the easier it is to verify. It also depends on the tradition. Some "workshop" traditions attune a hundred people at a go. stare You can guess how I feel about such a practice I am sure.

Quote:
Any way to cross reference?
Usually. Establishing basic lineage isn't too hard. After that- contacting masters and the like is pretty straight forward.  

TeaDidikai

too2sweet

Tipsy Fairy

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 9:43 pm
Quote:
Some "workshop" traditions attune a hundred people at a go.

I can't even imagine trying to attune that many people all at the same time. gonk  
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 6:23 am
TeaDidikai
Gho the Girl
Can you provide their lineage?
It's in their packet they handed out, so I guess, yes.

My doubts mainly lie in one of the parts I skimmed, that said that Reiki never causes harm, basically.  

Gho the Girl

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 9:27 am
too2sweet
I can't even imagine trying to attune that many people all at the same time. gonk
My experience is that attuning maybe ten people at a time is a max. It's about quality over quantity. You want to, as a Master, be able to ensure that you have devoted enough time to the attunement. I can go through the motions in thirty seconds flat. But a proper attunement takes longer than that.

Plus- you want to be able to devote time to answering individual questions and teaching your students the proper methods for treatment and the like.

Gho the Girl
It's in their packet they handed out, so I guess, yes.
Spiff.

Quote:
My doubts mainly lie in one of the parts I skimmed, that said that Reiki never causes harm, basically.
In one sense it doesn't. Reiki ultimately functions on the universes understanding of "correct". The universe and human's aren't always in agreement. Quite frankly, while there are some situations that I default to Reiki's understanding, there are others where human caution is more appropriate.  
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 5:58 pm
TeaDidikai
In one sense it doesn't. Reiki ultimately functions on the universes understanding of "correct". The universe and human's aren't always in agreement. Quite frankly, while there are some situations that I default to Reiki's understanding, there are others where human caution is more appropriate.

Do you think there's a possibility that getting Reiki healing would interfere in the biological elements of my transition from male to female?  

Recursive Paradox

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 9:46 pm
Recursive Paradox
Do you think there's a possibility that getting Reiki healing would interfere in the biological elements of my transition from male to female?
Don't know. I don't know enough about the biology in question. In cases where there might be an adverse reaction, all of my traditions are in agreement as to how to proceed.

Perform a limited session, check medication levels and how the patient is feeling. Monitor their reaction for a while personally (an hour or so is usually what I do) before you part and check in on them the next day. Try a longer session next time and repeat the monitoring.

If you're Second or Third Degree, do not use any inappropriate glyphs until you are reasonably sure that it is safe.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff