Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaians of Florida

Back to Guilds

A place for Floridians to meet other Floridians! 

Tags: Florida 

Reply Gaians of Florida
MegaCon '09 anyone? Meet up planing! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Best time for meet up?
Friday Afternoon
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Friday Evening
10%
 10%  [ 1 ]
Saturday Afternoon
20%
 20%  [ 2 ]
Saturday Evening
10%
 10%  [ 1 ]
Sunday Afternoon
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Sunday Evening
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Friday Anytime
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Saturday Anytime
10%
 10%  [ 1 ]
Sunday Anytime
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Whole Weekend Anytime
50%
 50%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 10

CrazyRob

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 1:10 pm
Sindeira
CrazyRob
Sindeira
Blufoo
lol @ confused parental units. lol

rofl OMG, I would never bring my parents to an anime/
sci-fi/ comic convention or any con' actually. Don't you
know what happens at these places and are you sick
'n twisted enough to want your parents to know, too?

A game of yaoi Twister.. need I say more?

I've only been to one con and I didn't have any experiences like that there. lol 4laugh xd

Only.. one? Oh, your poor fandom~! eek

You haven't been to an anime con', if you've never
participated in a yaoi Twister match or munched on
pizza, with some of the biggest stars in anime.

I can honestly say I haven't done those things. I've been deprived. I'm all about the yaoi twister. emo  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 6:16 pm
Talking about the Non-Regulars, I went all 3 days. xp I haven't had a lot of time to be on since I'm the only bread winner in my house right now and I have to do that whole working thing. In fact, I worked all night from Thursday Evening through Friday Morning, so I didn't dress up on Friday. Saturday I dressed up as a pretty fairy princess in a my 4in black platforms, black dress, black lace mini-jacket, and black fairy wings. Sunday I wore regular clothes, jeans and a black t-shirt, but I wore a ribbon sash covered with buttons and a winter camo scarf hanging on my backpack.

On Friday, my brother and I then went to the Voice Actor's Panel, which featured Vic Mignogna, Caitlin Glass, and Colleen Clinkenbeard. At the end of the panel my brother turns around and fishes my brand new copy of Conqueror of Shamballa and gets it autographed by the three of them that night and he also got Aaron Dismuke later on, since he missed that Panel. Of course my brother, unlike me, notices and acts on things like this, I completely forgot about the movie. sweatdrop

The grand tally of awesome for all 3 days was 36 Manga, 18 buttons, Ninja Star someone gave me for wearing the 18 buttons Girl Scout Style, 2 Gintama Cell Strap Figurines, 15 Stickers, 3 Fridge Magnets, 2 Fanart Hangers, 1 Heartless Fanart Poster, a Winter Camo Scarf, the Cat Ears & Tail, a Fanart Hatsune Miku Key Chain and a custom badge of her saying "I <3 U" by the same artist, and the Autographed FMA Movie DVD. I didn't think I did too bad, I mean if you include food I spent $400 the whole weekend, which is only 1/2 of the amount I purposefully saved for MegaCon this year. I expected to buy a lot more anime than I did, but I think I bought enough Manga to make up for the lack of Anime, and I had more than enough fun to make up for the cost of everything. mrgreen  

Zelexia

Barton Lover

47,400 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Team Rina 200
  • Cheerbringer 100

CrazyRob

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 6:35 pm
Zelexia
Talking about the Non-Regulars, I went all 3 days. xp I haven't had a lot of time to be on since I'm the only bread winner in my house right now and I have to do that whole working thing. In fact, I worked all night from Thursday Evening through Friday Morning, so I didn't dress up on Friday. Saturday I dressed up as a pretty fairy princess in a my 4in black platforms, black dress, black lace mini-jacket, and black fairy wings. Sunday I wore regular clothes, jeans and a black t-shirt, but I wore a ribbon sash covered with buttons and a winter camo scarf hanging on my backpack.

Pics?

Zelexia
I spent $400 the whole weekend
eek burning_eyes  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 8:12 pm
CrazyRob
Pics?
I have a lot of pictures from the con between my brother and I, but I'm not sure how/where to upload them. I have a photobucket account, but no way am I uploading the lot to that one. No pictures of me in the volume though, I'm actually quite camera shy. I'd rather be behind a camera, not in front. sweatdrop

$400? Yup! I had A LOT of fun! mrgreen $104 for 2 3-day tickets, $120+ on a weekend of eating out for breakfast and dinner with my brother, $130 on Manga whee (36 volumes for $130, how could I say no?), $10 Scarf, $7 DVD, and nickeled and dimed the other $30-ish on little things like the pile of buttons, stickers, and awesome. heart The largest costs are all easily justifiable, and were planned for in excess, I had $800 ear-marked for the con just in case I had greater desires. 3nodding  

Zelexia

Barton Lover

47,400 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Team Rina 200
  • Cheerbringer 100

Sindeira

Codebreaking Reveler

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:35 pm
Zelexia
The largest costs are all easily justifiable, and were planned
for in excess, I had $800 ear-marked for the con just in case
I had greater desires. 3nodding

I'm the same way. I'd rather bring along too much
money, than risk not bringing enough for this lone
item that I hadn't known existed 'n not only want
but need, in a life- or- death sort of way.

Do you know how it is, when your heart feels as if
it's beating outside of your chest and aches for the
one item that you simply must have? Fortunately,
I've only whimpered a few times in my con' life.

I'm a serious fangirl of the dealers' room, devoted
and true.

*lol* I came so close to finishing that off with the
cliche quote of, "Believe it!" rolleyes  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 3:39 pm
Sindeira
*lol* I came so close to finishing that off with the
cliche quote of, "Believe it!" rolleyes
xd That's so wrong in light of certain shows I deign not to speak about. Obviously I didn't get too big an attack of the "I Want _______ Now!!! scream " this year. The biggest thing for this year was Manga, and I bought every one of those I wanted without a second thought. 3nodding

Slightly off-topic, but now my step-sister, who lives in Toronto, is trying to talk me into going to Fan Expo Canada with her this fall. rolleyes I don't know if I can afford to go though since the plane tickets alone run about $400. I'd end up needing at least $1,000 before even considering it. gonk  

Zelexia

Barton Lover

47,400 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Team Rina 200
  • Cheerbringer 100

Jinzouki

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 2:42 pm
@Zelexia: Sounds like an epic weekend. I wish I could've made it gonk If you wanna upload tons of pics I DO suggest photobucket, best way to do so, or facebook works as well if you wanna keep it among friends. As for Fan Expo, go for it, its freaking fun whee I remember going there, I got to meat the guy who played Dr. Satan in Devil's Rejects and House of 1k Corpses, and Roddy Piper and saw Mini-Me around but didn't get to meet him in person. Also got to meet a popular Canadian artist. So I say its a good reason to put in some money 3nodding Plus Fan Expo covers other non-anime stuff so there is more variety than if you go to the other major convention which is Anime North (which is in a month or two) surprised  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:35 pm
I went...didn't do a meet up.

but my friend James took tons of pics while we were there.

Megacon 09 pics.  

Hitler Cupcake

7,450 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

CrazyRob

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:57 pm
Hitler Cupcake

Megacon 09 pics.

I remember you from last year's Megacon. Yay, pics! I'll take a look at them when I get home from work.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:23 am
CrazyRob
Hitler Cupcake

Megacon 09 pics.

I remember you from last year's Megacon. Yay, pics! I'll take a look at them when I get home from work.

....Really,were you that one guy from Tallahassee with your friend? <.<
You should its worth it. C:

Hitler Cupcake

7,450 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

CrazyRob

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:19 pm
Hitler Cupcake
CrazyRob
Hitler Cupcake

Megacon 09 pics.

No, I was in a group of Gaians (mostly from Orlando). If you can remember the guy with the longest ponytail, that was probably me.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 6:16 am
CrazyRob
Hitler Cupcake
CrazyRob
Hitler Cupcake

Megacon 09 pics.

No, I was in a group of Gaians (mostly from Orlando). If you can remember the guy with the longest ponytail, that was probably me.

I can't remember there where alot of people that year D;

Hitler Cupcake

7,450 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Zelexia

Barton Lover

47,400 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Team Rina 200
  • Cheerbringer 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:29 am
These are my pictures from MegaCon 2009. It took me long enough to make the time to get all this organized and ready, and even now I'm still not done with everything. I had to edit almost all of the images because my camera takes really dark pictures and the color never comes out right. Sorry, some of the pictures still don't look quite right and the comments for the slideshow are less than 1/2 done, I'm just too tired to keep going right now. sweatdrop

I'm going to ask my brother if it's cool to upload his pictures too. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:51 pm
Zelexia
These are my pictures from MegaCon 2009. It took me long enough to make the time to get all this organized and ready, and even now I'm still not done with everything. I had to edit almost all of the images because my camera takes really dark pictures and the color never comes out right. Sorry, some of the pictures still don't look quite right and the comments for the slideshow are less than 1/2 done, I'm just too tired to keep going right now. sweatdrop

I'm going to ask my brother if it's cool to upload his pictures too. 3nodding

Oh Shat you have a pic of me. D sad I know who you are)
You had those really awesome boots that could break your neck. 8>
Nice pics btw.<3  

Hitler Cupcake

7,450 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Zelexia

Barton Lover

47,400 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Team Rina 200
  • Cheerbringer 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 6:05 pm
Hitler Cupcake
Oh Shat you have a pic of me. D sad I know who you are)
You had those really awesome boots that could break your neck. 8>
Nice pics btw.<3
You know what than means right?  
Gaians of Florida

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out