Welcome to Gaia! ::

Digimon: Tamer Island Guild

Back to Guilds

#1 Digimon Guild where you can actually be a Tamer with your very own Digimon. 

Tags: Digimon, Tamer, Island, Digimon Tamer, Tamer Island 

Reply DigiLine (Tamer Profile Forum)
Lief_7 :: Wing Guardians Rise! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... 58 59 60 61 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Which Season is Best?
  The OG of course! (1)
  DNAmazing (2)
  Tamers made it feel real! (3)
  Spirits FTW! (4)
  Digi Cops Go! (5)
  Xross can't be beat! (6)
  I love being on the Hunt! (7)
  I can tell the future! (Tri/8 )
View Results

lief_7
Crew

nuGen Staff Lead

22,875 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 2:32 pm
Hope the kind
lief_7
Hope the kind
lief_7
Hope the kind

The only real way you can determine the gender of your baby is to physically make it happen. Apparently technology has come a ways where you can make your baby a certain gender, have certain eyes, hair etc.

that would be strange to do. i could understand wanting to change a serious condition or something before they were fully formed but to change what they look like seems like pushing it. There a difference between saving a life or giving them the ability to live a full one (doing what's best for your kid) and cosmetic tweaking (doing something to make yourself happy)

You make a good point but for the moment I believe they can alter the genetics of a baby who could have fatal diseases. I also believe that this method is extremely expensive so for the moment, it isn't feasible.

I would imagine so, most experimental things are and most things having to do with babies are.

And cloning, and speaking of cloning...apparently if you have DNA of your deceased furry friend you can clone them.

Hum, not sure how i feel about that either but i totally get it, it's just that the relationship part can't be cloned and you would have to train them all over again.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 2:35 pm
lief_7
Hope the kind
lief_7
Hope the kind
lief_7
Hope the kind

The only real way you can determine the gender of your baby is to physically make it happen. Apparently technology has come a ways where you can make your baby a certain gender, have certain eyes, hair etc.

that would be strange to do. i could understand wanting to change a serious condition or something before they were fully formed but to change what they look like seems like pushing it. There a difference between saving a life or giving them the ability to live a full one (doing what's best for your kid) and cosmetic tweaking (doing something to make yourself happy)

You make a good point but for the moment I believe they can alter the genetics of a baby who could have fatal diseases. I also believe that this method is extremely expensive so for the moment, it isn't feasible.

I would imagine so, most experimental things are and most things having to do with babies are.

And cloning, and speaking of cloning...apparently if you have DNA of your deceased furry friend you can clone them.

Hum, not sure how i feel about that either but i totally get it, it's just that the relationship part can't be cloned and you would have to train them all over again.

Indeed and I won't mention the cost. I suppose, from a younger generation perspective, technology is just overtaking our lives. Personally, I think its going to fast for my taste. People are becoming much too transfixed on these pieces to really live a life. People would rather judge a person by their picture than to get to know them in real life.  

Hope the kind

Friendly Gaian

12,925 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Person of Interest 200

Cuevas_506

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 2:39 pm
Hope the kind

High up in the mountain, if I can recall eleven-thousand feet above sea-level, so I'm pretty high up. And L.A., that's quite the city to live in, it'd be nice to visit the city with my younger cousin. Though it's a shame that the city can end dreams, but is there a reason for preferring to live in smaller city or town?

[quote="lief_7]
Oh that's good to hear that there are still some veterans around, and late congratulations on the appointment Lief. And I understand, no need to explain, but it's good to finally be back and see my old friends are still up and about.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 2:42 pm
Hope the kind
lief_7
Hope the kind
lief_7
Hope the kind

Indeed and I won't mention the cost. I suppose, from a younger generation perspective, technology is just overtaking our lives. Personally, I think its going to fast for my taste. People are becoming much too transfixed on these pieces to really live a life. People would rather judge a person by their picture than to get to know them in real life.

Ya that reminds me of the show Black Mirror. I would highly recommend it if you haven't watched it. kinda like twilight zone but with technology. every episode shows what would happen if we start focusing too much on different types of technology, very creepy, but very interesting. made me think a lot but i had to find something fun to watch afterwards.  

lief_7
Crew

nuGen Staff Lead

22,875 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Gaian 50

lief_7
Crew

nuGen Staff Lead

22,875 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 2:43 pm
Cuevas_506
Hope the kind

High up in the mountain, if I can recall eleven-thousand feet above sea-level, so I'm pretty high up. And L.A., that's quite the city to live in, it'd be nice to visit the city with my younger cousin. Though it's a shame that the city can end dreams, but is there a reason for preferring to live in smaller city or town?

[quote="lief_7]

Oh that's good to hear that there are still some veterans around, and late congratulations on the appointment Lief. And I understand, no need to explain, but it's good to finally be back and see my old friends are still up and about.
Thanks man. Also Fudge and Zadok are still around and probably a few others that you knew but just far and few in between.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 3:01 pm
Cuevas_506
Hope the kind

[quote="lief_7]

Wow! You really live up in the mountains! Whenever you transition from the mountains to the city and vice-versa, don't the inside of your ear's bother you?
Its a nice place to visit but perhaps not the best place to raise kids, in my opinion.
I prefer living in a smaller town because I feel people are a bit more friendlier with one another than in the city. Well, this was my experience when I moved away from the city.  

Hope the kind

Friendly Gaian

12,925 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Person of Interest 200

Hope the kind

Friendly Gaian

12,925 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 3:02 pm
lief_7
Hope the kind
lief_7
Hope the kind
lief_7
Hope the kind

Ya that reminds me of the show Black Mirror. I would highly recommend it if you haven't watched it. kinda like twilight zone but with technology. every episode shows what would happen if we start focusing too much on different types of technology, very creepy, but very interesting. made me think a lot but i had to find something fun to watch afterwards.

Hmmmm, that may be the first time I've heard about Black Mirror. I do remember watching the Twilight Zone but some of the episodes were too creepy for me to handle.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 3:07 pm
Hope the kind
lief_7
Hope the kind
lief_7
Hope the kind

Hmmmm, that may be the first time I've heard about Black Mirror. I do remember watching the Twilight Zone but some of the episodes were too creepy for me to handle.

Its a BBC show but it's one Netflix. It's only 7 episodes and they are an hour each. It's very good though. You might take break in between or during episodes though. Depending on how easily sacked in you imagination is.  

lief_7
Crew

nuGen Staff Lead

22,875 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Gaian 50

Hope the kind

Friendly Gaian

12,925 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 3:21 pm
lief_7
Hope the kind
lief_7
Hope the kind
lief_7
Hope the kind

Its a BBC show but it's one Netflix. It's only 7 episodes and they are an hour each. It's very good though. You might take break in between or during episodes though. Depending on how easily sacked in you imagination is.

Sacked in my imagination?  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 3:22 pm
Hope the kind
lief_7
Hope the kind
lief_7
Hope the kind

Sorry, phone auto corrected. Sucked in*  

lief_7
Crew

nuGen Staff Lead

22,875 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Gaian 50

Hope the kind

Friendly Gaian

12,925 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 4:18 pm
lief_7
Hope the kind
lief_7
Hope the kind
lief_7
Hope the kind

That is quite alright ^^
But I do have a very imaginative imagination.
You aren't going to use your PC/Laptop to communicate or have you found using the phone is easier?  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 7:15 pm
Hope the kind
lief_7
Hope the kind
lief_7
Hope the kind

That is quite alright ^^
But I do have a very imaginative imagination.
You aren't going to use your PC/Laptop to communicate or have you found using the phone is easier?
I only have a computer at work, so when I'm not thwrestling I use a phone.  

lief_7
Crew

nuGen Staff Lead

22,875 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Gaian 50

ZarAburame

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 7:17 pm
lief_7

I am glad both you and Zadok are doing well then. I missed a lot of the people here but I just didn't have that spark for digimon any more plus my time was constricted. Cyber sleuth really revived it though haha I am loving this game.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 7:34 pm
lief_7

Well I just saw Fudge put up a Contest so that obviously shows he is active, and Zadok, well I'll obviously speak with him once he gets on, to say hello.

Hope the kind

Yep, it's actually quite peaceful up here, and at first my ears would kind of bother me, but I grew accustom to it. Well I did say visit, because I clearly don't have any familiarity with the way things are in L.A., nor do I know anyone, but yes, visiting would be the best thing. And I agree small towns like the one I live near are quite nice, but they harbor their own issues. Though I do prefer small town to City life, may I ask this though, is L.A. as beautiful as it looks from what minimal media I've seen of it?  

Cuevas_506

lief_7
Crew

nuGen Staff Lead

22,875 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 8:22 pm
ZarAburame
lief_7

I am glad both you and Zadok are doing well then. I missed a lot of the people here but I just didn't have that spark for digimon any more plus my time was constricted. Cyber sleuth really revived it though haha I am loving this game.

I feel ya, i almost didn't come back this summer but between tri coming back and me have zero work to do in an 9 hour work day 5 days a week for 8 months I decided to force myself back in.  
DigiLine (Tamer Profile Forum)

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... 58 59 60 61 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games