Reply The Library - - [spells, rituals, blessings tree, etc]
Craft Name Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

corvilla

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 7:12 pm
I have two craft names...my public one and one that i only share with the God and the Goddess. My public one Corvilla Espicks, I found simply, pen + paper +mediatation + writting down/drawing whatever my hand wants to do. After what i felt was the correct amount of time (which happened to be 2 hours). Read back what i had written. The jumbled letters seemed to fit as Corvilla Espicks.

My private craftname was harder, years of scying and meditation and passing out in the middle of a circle because of an energy overload lead to my craft name. And I will not share that with anyone since it was such a personal experience I feel no one else has the right to know.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 11:45 pm
I used my element...water, and my spirit animal.
Nimue (ne-mew-eh) Fox
Also I use Sarena Cohen as my normal one the other is one that I use for wiccan rites and writing.  

Bastenchury

Gracious Lunatic

saints who sin

8,700 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 1:54 am
If someone said, 'Three years
from now, you'd be long gone..."

Hmm. How soon after you become/convert/WHATEVER wiccan can you begin searching for a name? I mean.. what purpose does the name serve?
Is it really nessecary?

...I'd stand up and punch them out,
cause they're all wrong.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 2:00 am
Some use it to separate their magickal life from their mundane. For me, I chose to keep the name that a friend gave to me because it felt more natural than my own. I was never meant to be Allison forever. I evolved into Foxmore, and from there I might one day evolve to a point were that too no longer works for me. It is much like a butterfly. We call it a caterpillar when it is in the stage in its life where it is a child and eats a lot (I don't know much about butterflies, so bare with me. lol), and we call it a butterfly when it grows up. It is still the same creature, just in a different part of life.  

Foxmore

LadySorcha

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 7:25 pm
EndlessAutumnDays

Hmm. How soon after you become/convert/WHATEVER wiccan can you begin searching for a name? I mean.. what purpose does the name serve?
Is it really nessecary?

cause they're all wrong.

For many, finding a craft name is one of the first things they do when they convert because it can be part of the Wiccaning ceremony as a symbol of being reborn. Often have a craft name is simply a matter of self identity versus prescribed identity; not all people identify with the names that were given to them, and in finding this connection to the divine seek to rename themselves. It isn't strictly necessary, in the sense that all witches must have a craft name or else they are not truly witches, but for plenty of people it seems to be a necessary facet of their faith and their detication to the Divine.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 7:43 pm
EndlessAutumnDays

Is it really nessecary?

cause they're all wrong.

You by no means have to have a craft name, I after many years discovered mine, mostly by accident and I used it in my dedication.
I really hated my given name I dont identify with it at all, it seemed more natural to me to identify myself to the Goddess by a name that the world has given me rather than an unthoughtful name (i was named after a blonde soap star GRRRR)  

corvilla

Wiccan_Boy _1990

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 2:34 pm
my craft name is just really short it is Rye. i figured it out because i just sort of liked the name  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:41 pm
It didn't take much for me.

My RL name is Shannon. I'm named after the patron river Goddess Siahnon/Sinnan/Sianon. I feel strongly towards my name, which is water based, but feel much more strongly towards the goddess which is my namesake. So my craft/magick name is Siahnon.

:'3  

La-MoonSquid

Vata_sagittarius

Distinct Canine

7,325 Points
  • Doggone It! 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 3:13 am
siico is good name craft!^^

My name is Rain-bow  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 5:14 am
SiicoSeeren
It didn't take much for me.

My RL name is Shannon. I'm named after the patron river Goddess Siahnon/Sinnan/Sianon. I feel strongly towards my name, which is water based, but feel much more strongly towards the goddess which is my namesake. So my craft/magick name is Siahnon.

:'3

i like youre craft name it is pretty cool smile  

Wiccan_Boy _1990

La-MoonSquid

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 12:30 pm
Thank you both of you! 3nodding
I sometimes feel like I don't have as creative a name as you all, but I still adore mine. ^__^  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 7:03 pm
http://wiccapaganinfo.blogspot.com

That's my blog, I posted Magickal Names in there and there are many to choose from. Depending on what your spiritual gaurdian, animal totem, or if you are earth, air, water, fire or whatever. There are tons of names there, I got my magickal name from there.

Onyx Ravine

La-MoonSquid

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 10:05 am
Onyx Ravine
http://wiccapaganinfo.blogspot.com

That's my blog, I posted Magickal Names in there and there are many to choose from. Depending on what your spiritual gaurdian, animal totem, or if you are earth, air, water, fire or whatever. There are tons of names there, I got my magickal name from there.

This. Is. AWESOME!! I really love all of the names; they were all so unique, interesting, and there were so many of them! I hope you don't mind if I use them for other purposes other then magickal names?  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 1:22 pm
My Craft name is Raven Fire-wind. I use this name in ritual to forget the mundane parts of my life, and to be a different aspect of myself.  

Rebel_Dynasty

2,600 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200

Tommy Dionysus

Fashionable Sex Symbol

10,300 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 11:09 pm
I only changed my last name when I chose a "magical name". Candice Dionysus. I'm going to have it legally changed, and my kids will inherit this surname.
I chose it because until I was 18, my patron God was Dionysus, and as far back as I can remember, I would dream of him, in a clearing in a forest, surrounded by maenads, and feasting and partying for hours. Even when I was a baby, I would dream of him holding me and rocking me in the party, and the maenads fussing over me... He was pretty much a father figure my whole child life, because my own father worked literally until I was asleep at night, and I would never see him (and before that, he was in jail until I was 9 months old).  
The Library - - [spells, rituals, blessings tree, etc]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff