Welcome to Gaia! ::

Wicca: Blessed Be

Back to Guilds

For anyone interested in Wicca, Paganism, or Witchcraft 

Tags: Wicca, Pagan, Witchcraft, New Age, Community 

Reply The Academy - - [classes, how-to's, guides] - - Ostara/Mabon Party! Join us!
[Guide] Astral Projection Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Smex Flavored Jellybeans

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 5:48 pm
Thank you so much.
^_^
It was short and seems simple enough.
Hopefully it'll work for me.
Its going to be hard, though, since
my attention span can be pretty weak at times.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:25 pm
Choir-Angel
Jen, i've always wanted to be able to astral project. But, i've never really known how. The other day though, I was relaxing, and concentrating on it. Trying to will myself out of my body. Well, all of a sudden my entire body got this tingling feeling, the buzzing. I didn't let it throw me off though, I kept concentrating and trying to exit my body. I never got out though. I've reached the buzzing stage several times now, and I still haven't been able to exit. When I try to move myself out, it's always my actual body moving. I've no idea why. It's like, I'm buzzing, but I'm stuck. =/ The first time I'd reached the buzzing stage, was only about a month and a half ago, before I'd even read this topic. =/ I had no idea if that was actually supposed to happen or not. And, now I know it is. But, I still hate the fact that I'm stuck in my body.

I know the websites and you said to try and throw myself out and such, but again, it's always my actual body moving, not my astral self. Help?

As to your dilemma... while I haven't ever projected, my arms always vibrate first (actually its the only part I've ever gotten to vibrate). If you have a part of your body that starts to tingle first, try escaping through that part first (i.e. I would try to extend my astral arms first).

As for near-projection experiences, I sometimes get this feeling... almost like I'm floating in the ocean, but I'm not wet. This only happens when I try to sleep, and as soon as I open my eyes it goes away.

By the way, you can sign me up for this class.  

Rhaegar14

I Scarlet I

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 1:04 pm
I was practicing last night before i went to bed. I imagined my feet almost dissolving into a white mist. To my surprise when i focused it up my legs and my body it would spread the "numb" tingling feeling where i desired it to. I didn't get any further than that, i just fell asleep. I think i just need to practice ever night.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 1:37 am

I've been doing astral projection for years. I'm quite good at it..I just don't know how to explain it to others.  

beckyrose_123

Priestess of Sekhmet

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:03 pm
Urrggg!! *stomps* I get soooo close! I'm buzzing all over, I get a slight...throbbing I guess in my chest region, and I get over excited and lose it!! crying

I guess I'll try again...*sigh*

-EDIT-

Is it safe to do this outside??  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:49 pm
Ohhh I'm so excited, I can't wait to try!!! whee

EDIT:
I tried for like a whole hour a couple hours ago.
I got this weird tingly sensation, and then it felt like my body was sleeping but not my head.
I could almost FEEL my astral self, but I couldn't get the "buzz" to come.

It was my first time, so I will try again tomorrow!  

o sunflower king

o sunflower king

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 1:46 am
Stand in the rain, stand your ground...

So yesterday I was trying to astral project and them randomly the vision in my eyes went from black to a flash of white.
Then the buzzing came!
I was like, " eek mrgreen ninja "
And then I got too excited and lost it. xD

Stand up when it's all crashing down.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:37 pm
I've made a few attempts so far, with very little success.

Last night was the best night so far, though I failed to get out of my body. I've only done minimal research so far, so some of the stuff was basic mistakes. I thought I managed to move my arms, though they seemed very weak, too weak to be sure if they had actually manifested or not, I couldn't be sure if I was imagining it.

At one point it felt as if my bed was vibrating. Not quickly, but like a child was jumping up and down on it. Could these be preliminary vibrations?

Occasionally I got white flashes in my vision. Could this be a sign too?

Edit: Oh! I just saw your post Jenny, so I guess it must be common, or at least we share it.

I'm a little confused about what I should be seeing here. I've read about astral blindness, so maybe its that. But will I suddenly be able to see without warning? I'm confused as to how exactly you're able to see in the astral form.  

Kyou Nitsune

o sunflower king

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 12:58 am

Ohh, you too?
My brother astral projects, so I'll ask him if he gets the white flash, too. 3nodding

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 9:47 pm
I got the white flash too, and then my whole body was like...buzzzz.
I think that must be some sort of sign of the astral perparing to leave the body.

As for 'blindness', just..if you can, move away from your body as much as you can, and the world will be more in focus. At least, that's what I've read. But the first time I projected, I was ALL the way on the other side of the room, so I could see quite clearly.

Hope that helps <3 And everyone good luck!  

_IceGoddess15_

6,700 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Elocutionist 200

o sunflower king

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 6:27 pm

A couple weeks ago, I think my leg astral projected. o_O
I was sitting, and I realized my leg felt like it was up in the air, when it reality I had it bent and my foot on the floor.

=O

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 7:58 pm
Wow! Thank you so much for posting this, as it has been fascinating. ^^ I have been curios about astral projection..mainly about what in the world it is, lol.
My main question is this: In the past while, I've been having this strange experience. It's almost on that line between sleeping and wakefulness, but right as I start to slip into sleep I see the exact room around me. The best way to put it is that I see through my eyelids. o_o
At one point I was sleeping in the car when this happened, and I swear I got freaked out and blinked, trying to wake up, but I got pulled right back (because I was tired) and closed my eyes, only to keep seeing right through them.
It was terribly strange.
My question, is this a form of astral projection?

My other question is simply...Is it possible to visit other people in astral form? This may be a silly question, but I'm honestly unsure. Could I visit someone far from me? And if so, is there a way to let them know I'm there?

Kabuki-Kun

Tipsy Reveler

The_Count_of_Capieville

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:36 pm
I've only attempted this twice.

The first time I could get the vibrations up to my knees, then slowly up to my waist, then my hands and up to my elbows. I could get my torso to vibrate no matter what. The vibrations eventually made me move to a different postion but they kept happening in my lower legs. Is this normal?

The second time was this afternoon. I could get the same as before with very slight vibrations in my stomach. They weren't very strong and I could barely tell that they were there. The leg thing happened again.

The first time I also managed to get slight vibrations in my head. Is this normal?

Also, what is the astral plane like?

Sorry for all the questions sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 1:06 am
To Countess Elsinore, it is possible to visit others when astral projecting, but only if that is what you truly desire. Generally, until one is quite experienced with astral projecting, you can only visit where your inner self truly wants to. With a lot of practice, I'm sure you can master it and go where you please. But yes, visiting others has been done before and I'm sure you could do it as well if you really tried.

One thing is though, it's generally considered rude to just drop in on people. If they know that this is something you may do and give you consent, that's fine. But just as the Rede says "An ye harm none do what ye will", most people don't like to be "spied" upon. Though I'm sure this isn't your intention.

If the person you want to visit is a witch, or is in touch with that side of themselves, their senses are probably more acute than some others and will be able to sense your presence (maybe). If they are able to astral project, than it's also possible to meet them on the astral plane. You could ask them to? I recommend buying a book on astral projection, there are several good ones out there.

To the Count of Capieville, it's possible that you're able to relax certain parts of your body more than others, and so these areas of you are more ready to project than others such as your chest, I myself am able to get my legs and arms to vibrate and then my chest and head are kind of stuck. xD For lack of a better term.

As for what the astral plane looks like, I have no idea. So I'm not much help there. I've done a lot of research on astral projecting, I have a couple of books also. I'm just to much of a procrastinator to actually do the exercises to prepare myself. That and I'm always busy. One day...Soon hopefully I'll get to it. :3

I hope I helped some.

Choir-Angel

Yukiny

1,450 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:52 pm
HI there ^_^ I've done astral projection lots of times,but soon,as school came back and I got so busy,I just couldn't do it anymore and when I tried I couldn't,my mind and body wouldn't relax or concentrate,my muscles tensed and I realized that now,I'm scared of doing it again sad but I keep trying not to be scared and I almost did it a while ago ^^,I need to get rid of this fear! =)  
The Academy - - [classes, how-to's, guides] - - Ostara/Mabon Party! Join us!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games