Welcome to Gaia! ::

Wicca: Blessed Be

Back to Guilds

For anyone interested in Wicca, Paganism, or Witchcraft 

Tags: Wicca, Pagan, Witchcraft, New Age, Community 

Reply The Academy - - [classes, how-to's, guides] - - Ostara/Mabon Party! Join us!
[Guide] Crystal Guidebook Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lysine

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 1:22 pm
I return at last, armed with pictures!
Since I last posted, I have aquired a lovely lump of Sodalite and one of Obsidian. I have a picture of the Sodalite, but not the Obsidian. D=

Amethyst
Clear Quartz (hard to see)
Sodalite  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 2:32 am
Wow. That's a lovely, informative list.

Quote:
Malachite is an excellent drawer of emotional, mental and physical blocks. Transmutes our fears and limitations. It helps to open the third eye, intuition, Clairvoyance and reveal subconscious blocks and gain clarity.

No, really?
First list I've found that lists exactly my thoughts on malachite. I've had some odd experiences with that thing. I don't like having my blocks - and shields - forcibly removed.

But you've missed my favourite crystal - Ametrine. sad
Amethyst and citrine, fire and water. Only found in one mine in Bolivia. For balancing in general. Imagine the powers of amethyst and citrine combined. Cheerful yet calm, energised, protected and ready for spiritual action and growth. Solar plexus and third eye chakra, supposed to be good for headaches caused by stomach aches - or vice versa? (I've never been in that situation, only read about it. Sorry.) Astrological sign is Libra - the balance.

I think I'm attracted to duality more than is healthy - I've wanted watermelon tourmaline for ages, and apparently that's fire and water too.

Or maybe I just like lots of colour in my shiny things.  

Funa Spectrum

Aurellion

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 8:30 pm
Hehe. smile Glad I could help.

Thanks for the info on Ametrine! I realize I did miss out a few, but hey, I'm not perfect. xD

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 5:30 am
Heh, it's just one of the few I look for. Lovely thing.

Do you have (access to) Judy Hall's crystal bible? It seems to be universally trusted in groups and individuals around my area, and there's a good few more in there that I'm not familiar with. If not, could I help add to the guide and send a few missing crystal uses your way?  

Funa Spectrum

illusen729

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 2:34 pm
Aurellion
eek Puu~uuurdy! ^_^

(yay, first crystal poster! *victory dance*)

The third row, 1st one I am suspecting to be some deviation of Red Tiger's eye: the stripes are familiar. The one next to that would be.. Adventure maybe. It's a little too light: but that could just be the light. The one next to it.. Tricky. Moonstone? Although that may be the one next to that..

Anywho, the blue on the last row would probably be Lapis Lazuli. The one next to that: (pink, on the left) I have: begins with R I think.. Can't remember. sweatdrop Oh well, when we do find out it'll be easy gold for people to identify mine! ^_^
I know this is so, SO late, but maybe Rhodochrosite? Not sure how it's spelled, though.

I have so SO many crystals and gemstones that I MUST figure out what they are. I'll take pictures soon 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 6:12 pm
in my collection well it's big.but my faves to use are my snow odsidian and amethist.  

Nymphidora

Supportive Alchemist

11,050 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Party Member 100
  • Cat Fancier 100

Eddie-Ka

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 2:45 pm
User Image

these are some of my stones, half i just bought last night at knotts, so i have no clue what they are.

Does clear quartz magnify type? because the two clear stones do.
the big black one up top is actually sparkley green.

can some one identify any of the these?
I know amber, amethyst, and pink quartz are there, the rest i dont know  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 7:56 pm
Well I know for sure that the second one on the top is Tiger's Eye (and no, it's not literally a tiger's eye. And yes, there are people who actually believe it is). And I'm pretty sure that the ones in the top right are Citrine, but I may be wrong on those. I know what a few of the others are, but I can't think of the names right at the moment, so I'll have to look them up.  

dark_angel_32189

Eddie-Ka

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 9:15 pm
yeah alittle while after posting i figured out the tigers eye sweatdrop

I dont know i was think they might be amber, but they seem a bit light...  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 2:20 pm
I was wondering if anyone could help me identify this stone. I believe it to be sodalite, but I'm not sure. Sorry for the poor quality of the picture. It is a small semi-transparent (translucent?) blue stone with a bit of brown in it.User Image  

PathlessPlot

dark_angel_32189

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 9:01 pm
I'm not sure what that is, but it's not sodalite...sodalite is blue and white.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 9:14 pm
Shoot. Well, I am putting off messing with it until I know what it is. *sigh*

Does anyone have any idea what it is?  

PathlessPlot

StrawberryDaifuku

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 5:21 pm
dark_angel_32189
I'm not sure what that is, but it's not sodalite...sodalite is blue and white.

Color, when identifying rocks and minerals, is a very poor indicator, since the colors can vary so much. It could very well be sodalite. But since, like I said, colors aren't very reliable, you should use other means of identification. For instance, find the hardness of the stone, and it's streak. If you can, find other physical or chemical properties that it has, like calcite having double refraction and a reaction to acidic substances (calcite dissolves... TT-TT ).

PM me with a list of all of that stuff, or if you're confused as to how to obtain the information. I'll research it for you.

XD Sorry if I confused you...

Anyway, here's a pic of my insane collection of rocks/minerals.
(it's not all just crystals or gemstones, there's some regular rocks... but I <3 all mah rockehs!)

Here is the link, so I do not stretch the page... {clickeh}

Most are hard to see, and I'm not even going to BOTHER trying to identify all of them. But here are the ones I've identified thus far:

In the green/white plastic case, directly below the mirror, there are four stones. In order from left to right, they are: Hematite, pyrite, quartz, and ruby.
Underneath the plastic case, two agate slices sit next to each other. One is small and blue, the other large and purple.
The pendants, from left to right, are an unknown stone, turquoise, and quartz. The large stone next to the three pendants is yet another quartz. Yes, I LOVE quartz. The other stones inside the case and in/around the red drawstring bag are all unknown, save for a large piece of turquise and a geode, plus a few unrecognizable fossils in the plastic case.

Edit: Also a peice of calcite in the case... I totally forgot that I had that one, until I looked at the picture again... XD  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 7:15 pm
I'm fully aware of that, thank you. I've been studying stones since I was in 8th grade, so like 6 years, so I do know some bit of information on how to identify stones and how hard it is to do so solely based on their color. stare

However, Sodalite is only found with shades of white and blue, most often with more blue than white, unless they're artificially colored. And it says so in every book on gemstones that I've ever read.

Those are beautiful gemstones! I have most of the same ones that you do!

As far as the unknown stones around the bag... there's a spotted one, not the purple one, but the other one, that may be leopard jasper. I'm not sure though, one reason being that I'm not sure if that's an actual stone, but I saw it somewhere once when trying to identify one that I have that looks just like that and the person had a picture of the same kind of stone and called it "leopard jasper". And the other reason being that it's in a picture that makes it a little harder to see all of its details.  

dark_angel_32189

PathlessPlot

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 6:34 am
Well, I was searching around on the internet and came across a pretty cool site
http://www.wicca.com/celtic/stones/stones0.htm

Based on the pictures and some other things I think the stone I have is lapis lazuli. It is not as bright as some of the pictures, but it is a small stone. That could account for the semi-translucent appearance.  
The Academy - - [classes, how-to's, guides] - - Ostara/Mabon Party! Join us!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games