Reply The Library - - [spells, rituals, blessings tree, etc]
Black Magick, what is it? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Fieryhexe

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:22 am
Wow, I always love reading other peoples thoughts on "white" and "black" magiczors. And I completely agree with those who say that the craft is not black nor white but merely what the sender intends. Its just energy, energy with no consciousness to determine for itself what is right and what is wrong. It exists and we push it someplace to do something and thats what it does. Thats what it's always done and thats what it will always do, so long as there is life.

As far as the lord and lady on a few (several posts) back, the lord and lady are merely single representatives of the mass. So instead of having an alter big enough to hold a candle for EVERY God and Goddess out there, we summarize it to one single candle to represent all of the goddesses and one single candle to represent all of the gods. And of course in rituals you can specify a certain god or goddess that fits the need.
However there are those who claim that each god and goddess is really just a named aspect of one whole.
(I wont delve into that right now though =P )
My point being, you are basically worshiping the same thing but with more names. (No offense)  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 10:27 am
I prefer to stay away from black magic, i'm a white witch because whatever you cast a bad spell it comes back to you times 3. So say if you cast a spell for you to stunt hair growth on your legs, it may not be that bad but really its personal gain so you may lose all your hair all over your body and so on. Just a word from the wise be carful what you witch for.  

Witched

Funa Spectrum

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 7:11 am
I don't acknowledge any difference between black and white magic. I just have set morals to give people what they deserve, good or bad, in my mundane actions as well as magic. It may sound like one of the LaVeyan Satanic statements, but I'm very hard to piss off.

What if someone's screwing their life up - but enjoying it (drink, drugs, excessive sex, you know the sort) - would you try and get them back in control of their future?

What if someone believes they're hopelessly in love with someone who abuses them?

Why shouldn't you help them magically as well as through mundane actions?  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 7:51 pm
My logic is, nothing is black or white. Everything is grey, and people believe in different shades of grey.

Black magic, in another society, could be seen as white magic, and vice versa. Magic is inherent, but society is shaped. Why judge magic based on what society says?

I find that you should only do certain spells when they don't hinder the cycles of life. Altering isn't too good either, but hindering a cycle is baaaaaaad news.  

Roufette

-Luthien123-

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 11:02 pm
Thankyou so much! you just explained something to me that I have been trying to find out for a while now. But who are the Gad and Godess? Do they have names? Wha do they do? Sorry, I am only new and I'm trying to get more info. Please PM me if you know anything about that.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 2:59 pm
If u use magic in selfdefense and it hurts someone (wether u intended it too or not) is it still considered black magic?

User Image  

Chieko A

Choir-Angel

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 6:42 pm
Chieko A
If u use magic in selfdefense and it hurts someone (wether u intended it too or not) is it still considered black magic?

XD I made a thread on this...Personally, I think this is black magick to...It would be better just to negate the energy, instead of sending it back to the caster. Because, really, the karma is going to get them anyways. Why risk yourself having to deal with the karma from harming them also? It's better just to do protection spells on yourself/house/etc. Karma will deal with the black magick users. But self defense or not, it's still harming someone.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 6:55 pm
Choir-Angel
Chieko A

XD I made a thread on this...Personally, I think this is black magick to...It would be better just to negate the energy, instead of sending it back to the caster. Because, really, the karma is going to get them anyways. Why risk yourself having to deal with the karma from harming them also? It's better just to do protection spells on yourself/house/etc. Karma will deal with the black magick users. But self defense or not, it's still harming someone.

ok thanks! biggrin  

Chieko A

lord of the 4 realms

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 7:52 am
Actualy blackmagick is about minipulation of energy without permission and communicating with dark creatures  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 12:25 pm
Witched
I prefer to stay away from black magic, i'm a white witch because whatever you cast a bad spell it comes back to you times 3. So say if you cast a spell for you to stunt hair growth on your legs, it may not be that bad but really its personal gain so you may lose all your hair all over your body and so on. Just a word from the wise be carful what you witch for.
It really doesn't come back times three... that's just a poem made up 50 years ago. >.>

~~~

Mind control spell? You know those don't exist... or don't work. Fate never lets anyone have sway over your free will, She makes sure of that. The only time someone would be affected by something like that is if they let themselves believe it worked... a psychological trick.

I thought I was cursed once... I had a fever and pain in my head because my "friend" told me he had cursed me. You know what? He hadn't done a thing, it was my mind letting those feelings/pains get worked up because I believed he had. I forget the word for when physical symptoms are created from the belief, but you know what I mean.

Choir-Angel
Chieko A

Why would you practice a western European tradition such as Witchcraft, and poison it with an Eastern belief such as karma? Witchcraft has no concept of karma, we have Fate.

Besides, karma doesn't punish or reward people, it just determines who they will be in the next life and the quality of said life, when they are completely unaware of anything bad they did in this one. So effectively, if you believe in karma, by not punishing someone now and letting them learn from their mistake, you could be letting them carry on and end up with a crappy future life, when they would be an innocent person being punished for something they didn't do.
I mean, would you like to be punished now for something you did in a past life (that you now, have no control over), all because you weren't taught your lesson back then? No? It's not fair is it? Didn't think so...

"You have to know how to harm in order to heal" comes drifting back in again... and I think this is an excellent example of how. Harm can be a healing process. A parent smacks a child to teach them right from wrong and prevent them from going down the wrong path when they grow up... we're just doing it on a different scale.

Miss Lune Soleil

Fluffy Bunny

22,650 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Choir-Angel

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 8:19 am
Witchcraft is a world tradition, not just western European. I believe in karma because I choose to, in fact, in the Wiccan Rede it says: Mind the Threefold Law ye should, Three times bad and three times good. I'm a Wiccan, and I believe in this. When I say the karma will come back, I don't mean in another life, I mean, if you harm some one, it'll come back in your current life. There's no sense in a future life being ruined when you can't even remember why. Yes, I do believe in it punishing and rewarding people. There are many different beliefs. You follow yours, and I'll follow mine. But don't say what I believe makes no sense, because I could say the same about your beliefs. I won't though, because what one person believes works for them, and the other may believe in something completely different.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 12:45 pm
I'm gonna have to go with Choir_Angel on this one.

While you do make some very good points, just because you (Phoenix), (or anyone else for that matter), think what she believes in doesn't make any sense.... that doesn't give you the right to tell her that it's wrong. And I think you could have handled that way better than you did.

No two people are exactly the same. For example, if you believed that you were really a goat instead of a human... no one would have the right to tell you otherwise. Now, they could disagree with it (and probably think that you're psycho), but they couldn't tell you that you wrong, because in your head it would be true.  

dark_angel_32189

[Xena]

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 6:14 pm
Choir-Angel
Witchcraft is a world tradition, not just western European. I believe in karma because I choose to, in fact, in the Wiccan Rede it says: Mind the Threefold Law ye should, Three times bad and three times good. I'm a Wiccan, and I believe in this. When I say the karma will come back, I don't mean in another life, I mean, if you harm some one, it'll come back in your current life. There's no sense in a future life being ruined when you can't even remember why. Yes, I do believe in it punishing and rewarding people. There are many different beliefs. You follow yours, and I'll follow mine. But don't say what I believe makes no sense, because I could say the same about your beliefs. I won't though, because what one person believes works for them, and the other may believe in something completely different.

I agree as well. I have a very strong sense of Karma, from personal experience. I deal strictly with helping others with my craft, because I have seen things happen to those who haven't. Terrible things that follow people for a long time. But the beauty of Wicca is that it's so flexible with beliefs. That's partially why I was drawn to it. My truth could be just as valuable as anyone else's, and thus, we shouldn't discredit the beliefs of others.

Blessed be~ heart  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 1:41 am
im sorry if this has already been asked....
what if you use a so called black spell on someone, but with good reason, say they are just downright evil, in every shape, way and form.
would the fact that you did that for the greater good balance it out, without you feeling the threefold effect?
please reply to this as a pm, cuz as much as i want to know the answer, im going to forget i posted this lol.

thankies,
neo  

RevlinHeartsblood

The Library - - [spells, rituals, blessings tree, etc]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out