Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Welcome to the Rehab Center Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 86 87 88 89 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Supertheory

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 8:09 pm
Heya all, My name is Waz, or Magz irl.

I've been studying Paganism in general, and Wicca specifically for quite a while now (about 9.5 years, but very on and off.) Somebody directed me here, and I must say I'm quite pleased with what I've seen so far. I probably know as much about Wicca as the average "christian-who-doesnt-go-to-church" knows about Christianity.

The resources here are beautiful, and everyone seems very, very helpful. I'm interested in learning all I can, about every tiny detail of every trad/ritual/divination you know. So if you ever want to just write about something, or find something you think I'd like, you dont know how much I'd appreciate it if you sent me a link, or a book title.

Oh, I love to bicker with people, so if you're in the mood for a good debate, give me the topic and a week. It'll be fun.
heart
Waz  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 8:23 pm
Meiriona
Ms.J
hi, everyone can call me White Raven. I'm fairly new to being WIccan but would love to learn more.It's great to know that there are others like me going through some of the same things as i am and that they are willing to pull together and help each other out.I live in a narrow minded home unfortunately but i pull through any way. My friends are real great about accepting me for what i am and we pulled together even more because of it. I actually enjoy talking to people who are willing to listen before they judge, i may not know a whole lot but i am vbery proud of what i am.
white...raven... gonk I sense an afinity with our money grubbing least favrite author. please let me sense incorrectly
Agh... the fluff that has poisoned such words. My full "pen name" is and will forever be Ess Ravenfrost. I've had it for ages, 6 years or so(that's a long time for me ;_; ). It was taken from another Mmehdoen ethnic term (fictional world that I've created) that vaguely sounded like ravenfrost when spoken aloud. Of course, the actual root word was constructed of letters that can't exactly be entered in an e-mail/forum sn/aol sn. xd So, I thought Ravenfrost was pretty. Degrade me all you want, but I'm proud of my fake last name. mad whee Granted, it is much better than "Silver Ravenwolf". *Cough*
[/babble]  

Ess

Deoridhe
Crew

Fashionable Fairy

11,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 9:09 pm
Ess
Agh... the fluff that has poisoned such words. My full "pen name" is and will forever be Ess Ravenfrost. I've had it for ages, 6 years or so(that's a long time for me ;_; ). It was taken from another Mmehdoen ethnic term (fictional world that I've created) that vaguely sounded like ravenfrost when spoken aloud. Of course, the actual root word was constructed of letters that can't exactly be entered in an e-mail/forum sn/aol sn. xd So, I thought Ravenfrost was pretty. Degrade me all you want, but I'm proud of my fake last name. mad whee Granted, it is much better than "Silver Ravenwolf". *Cough*
[/babble]

I was lucky; my fluff history is cleverly hidden via another language.

Deoridhe is a modification of the Irish Gaelic word: "deoiridhe," pronounced 'jeery.' It is the most mild form of the wanderer/outcast words in Gaelic (I was tickled to find out from a friend of mine learning Gaelic that she ran into the word deoiridhe and thought of me, and that I had read the connotations correctly despite my ignorance). I made the first half of it into a 'dthey' sound which is common in Germanic languages, so the entire mess is pronounced 'dthey-or-ee.'

My patron is Odin, the eternal wanderer. Arg, my fluff, it is showing. ^_^

My onlin family name is "Grimsdottir." Grimnir is a kenning (other name) for Odin which translates to "masked' or "the masked one."

So, literally, my name translates to "Wanderer, the Masked One's daughter." with three languages represented - deoridhe is mostly Gaelic with a Germanic style pronounciation for hal of it, and 'dottir' is used in Denmark, the land of my Grandmother's family.

Both wanderers and masks are so cliche. *winces*  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 11:12 pm
Hello everyone! I'm blindfaith^_^, well that's the name I go by here anyway, but any shortening of it is all good too...as long as I can recognize it. I suppose I should have posted here first to announce myself, but I was lured away by all the shining interesting topics.

Well I'm here now. I joined to learn more about pagan/wicca traditions. From what I've seen around gaia here is easily the best informed area of gaia to look through and learn more. I've really only been studying for about six years, and many of the sources I used were clearly wrong and inaccurate. Although I have been clearing a lot of that up on my own, and now I'm more careful about what I do and don't read. Also, becoming a student in reiki, has helped me learn lots of new vocab and a better understanding of guides, auras, chakras, meditation, energy work, healinga and such.

Most of the opinions I currently hold are based off of personal experience I have and certain feelings I hold and not actual facts, but I never make any claims they are facts.

Well yes. Now I'm going to go back to going through topics and I'm going to try not to be too fluffy.  

blindfaith^_^

7,200 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200

[(~Callista~)]

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 8:41 am
Hello everyone!

I'm Callista. I'm here to learn all you can teach me. I heard about Wicca about a year and a half ago, but I knew many other forms of paganism long before.

I'm coming in with and open mind and hoping to prove my doubts on some books and websites right.

Honestly my fluff is insanely high. I'd really like to lose it. I feel like a stuffed animal.

Pleasure to meet everyone. heart

~Callista~  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 9:29 am
[(~Callista~)]
Hello everyone!

I'm Callista. I'm here to learn all you can teach me. I heard about Wicca about a year and a half ago, but I knew many other forms of paganism long before.

I'm coming in with and open mind and hoping to prove my doubts on some books and websites right.

Honestly my fluff is insanely high. I'd really like to lose it. I feel like a stuffed animal.

Pleasure to meet everyone. heart

~Callista~

The fact that you admit that proves that there is hope for you. heart I like you already. Welcome to the guild.  

Triste Morningstar

blindfaith^_^

7,200 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 2:26 pm
~Callista~ I love your sig. One day far far far from now I will figure out how to post links and pictures in my signature and it will be more interesting...until then I'll just admire other people's  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 2:39 pm
Hello, everyone. You can all me Spirit, or Falc., depending on what you want to do.
I don't know what my beliefs would be categorized under, but I'm a very fluffy pagan. sweatdrop
I haven't been a pagan for very long at all. All of a month. ( redface ) But I've been interested in pagan religions for a long time. I'd really like to learn more.  

Spirit Falconer

AvalonAuggie

4,050 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 11:21 pm
Hey all!

okay, I didn't know where to put this random message, but I'm moving back to campus and I'll be away from the internet for a while at least, we've got tons of network problems. So fear not, I'm not dead or anything, and I'll be able to check back eventually.

have a great week, everyone!
~August  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 9:43 am
I suppose I should probably post, since I joined awhile ago and all.

My name is Amanda, but most people usually call me Manda. I have been pagan off and on for 8 years, but just recently (the past 2) have I started getting serious about it.

I am currently working on my ADF dedicant program. It has been severly neglected though. Hopefully once I get my school and work scheduals straightened out I can work something around that.

I tend to follow the Norse path, and lable myself Vanatru. Lately however I've also been following Discordianism. Yes, a Vanatru Discordian. Don't ask how it works, I'm not quite sure myself.

Ummm...other introduction stuff. I just turned 20, have a cat named Mizou who I adore and am Styskel's gf. That's about all I can think of. sweatdrop  

Ms Fallen Angel

WereJace

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 10:15 am
Hello folks, and good (insert timezone appropriate greeting here) to you all.

I am WereJace, a Gaiatranny, meaning that IRL, I am actually a woman. Surprise, surprise. I just liked how the guy avatar looked. I work as a stockperson in a plus-sized women's clothing store up here in the frosty northern flatlands of Canada, and stripped away the last of my fluffy quotient a few years ago.

To pin down my exact belief system, I'd have to go with pagan agnostic, meaning that I'm not a believer in Abrahamic Monotheism (Christian, Muslim, Jewish), but instead am an esoteric worshipper of the divine. I don't claim to know what's out there, I just know that it is. I am fortunate enough to have two friends who are very close to me, both of whom also practise esoteric, magic based religions. My best friend is studying Wicca at the moment, putting a form onto the belief system he's followed for years, and my fiancee is a former coven priestess. My 'style' is a little less formal. I never got around to naming it, but the best title that comes to mind is 'practical magic'.

Stop laughing.

I practise magic in a very basic way. I've studied symbols, chants, etc., and now I pretty much just make it up as I go along. Most of my magic is done in my home, and involves whatever I feel is necessary for the desired effect. In the past, I've done spells with salt, dirt, grass, oregano, marijuana (shhh), sex, bathtowels, t-shirts, water, my big cookpot, kitchen knives, blood, wine, juice, the laundry machine, the stove, the fireplace, paper, ink, pens, pencils, the phone, the computer, music of various genres, shouting, singing, chanting, ribbons, candles, DVDs, CDs, floppy disks, jugs, glasses, mugs, whiskey, tobacco...well, you get the idea. It's a big, long list.

However, once upon a time, I too was a fluffybunny pagan. I was all about the christian hate, and the black clothes, and the horrible persecution of my people. I even deluded myself into thinking that my mother was a suppressed witch. I know now that all of my pretentiousness was useless, and now I only hate Christians who hate me without even knowing me, I wear black because it's slimming, and I learned some damn history. I've also come to accept that my mother was not, in fact, a suppressed witch. She's barely even Christian.

So, that's my excessively long and insanely detailed introduction. Questions, comments and mad laughter are all accepted. biggrin  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 2:13 pm
Hi I'm Kath,

I've been pagan for well - if i'm honest about 30 years, although I had a flirtation with Christianity in my youth. I'm also a witch, and i do cast spells.

I was researching Wicca for a roleplaying game and picked up "A guide for the Solitary Practitioner" and voila! Someone took me by the hand and explained what I'd know for years, but couldn't articulate. I've moved on from that time, although I do think Scott Cunningham is a good starting point, and a lot of his other books are good references.

I adore researching history, get irritated with Christians who don't research or stufy their own religious background, and seem to have "living in sin - please convert me" on my forehead the number of evangelists i attract.

My basic faith is real simple - God and Goddess, cycles of death and re-birth. Everything else is simply window dressing, and is highly personal to each person with faith. But I feel most drawn to Celtic mythology - possibly because I'm in the Uk and we have a lot of prehistoric circles and standing stones around which you can still feel the earth power if you're not too closed to it.  

minchkin

maenad nuri
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 6:03 pm
minchkin
Hi I'm Kath,

I've been pagan for well - if i'm honest about 30 years, although I had a flirtation with Christianity in my youth. I'm also a witch, and i do cast spells.

I was researching Wicca for a roleplaying game and picked up "A guide for the Solitary Practitioner" and voila! Someone took me by the hand and explained what I'd know for years, but couldn't articulate. I've moved on from that time, although I do think Scott Cunningham is a good starting point, and a lot of his other books are good references.

Wait, I'm confused. I looked at your profile and you are 33. I can accept that you've been Pagan for awhile even with that...but you can't have picked up Cunnighams Solitary Guide about 30 years ago, it's only 16 years old.

I'm sure you just got your facts wrong, you're very articulate.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 6:36 pm
hi everyone! I don't know exactly where to put this so I thought here is as good a place as any. I'm moving on campus tommorrow and I have no idea how long it will be until I can get back to my beloved gaia and the ever precious guild. I hope soon, but I just thought I'd post the warning anyway, so if I'm not on for like a few days....never fear ^_^ I shall return  

blindfaith^_^

7,200 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200

Hiei_no_miko

1,600 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 10:11 am
Hallo, my name is Annie, I'm 17 and have been fluffy for almost 4 years now. You people are brilliant, correcting mislead fluffheads like me. I was raised in a non-religious home and nobody here really cares what I decide to believe. It's nice to see that I'm not the only mislead person on Gaia....  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 86 87 88 89 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff