Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

divena

11,525 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 10:06 am
Nova suddenly felt much better. She had only met one person. Wolf was keeping TWO strangers a secret.

Zahavah... was having a stroke. That was what this feeling must be. That could be the only explanation for her racing heart, for the lack of breath in her lungs. For the piercing pain she could feel just above her left eye. Her youngest children were giving her a stroke. "Alright," she breathed slowly, fighting the urge to close her eyes. "I want to meet this Natasha as well. We won't tell your father about her either... or her father. Who I want to meet. I want to meet everyone from now on. Anyone the two of you meet, I want to meet. Understood?" Assuming she ever let them out of her sight again.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 10:40 am
"Okay, just, be nice to Natasha," Wolf said searching for the right words. "She's a little...different. Like, um, remember a few weeks ago when Dad saw the "Tentacle monster under the surface of the water?" He gave his best grin, "That was 'Tash. But she's awesome. She's like my best friend so...you can meet her but...really dad can't know about her....I don't think that will go well."

"Addy," Pavlov blinked and sighed in sudden relief. "Wh-what are you doing here?"

"Family's hurt, reason enough," she said shortly. She would have to thank that little friend of hers for letting her know what was going on. And thank him again for not attempting to eat Grimm. "Where's Mom?" she asked suddenly realizing her father was out here in the forest alone. That could only mean, "Mom!" she rushed past her father following the scent of blood on the ground and in the air.  

Angelique DelaMort

Moonlight Phantom

12,900 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150

divena

11,525 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 11:05 am
"I'll be nice to her," Zahavah promised. "And I won't tell your father. But I want both of you to promise me right now that you won't keep anyone else a secret from me." She frowned at her youngest children, needing a guarantee that they wouldn't get snatched up by some predator without her ever knowing.

"I promise," Nova muttered. She jumped when she heard a shout and darted to her mother's side with a little whimper.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 11:31 am
"Mom..." Adalind sighed in relief seeing the mare was conscious and seemed to be ordering the little shrimps around. "What happened?" she demanded a litter sharper than she'd meant to. Her father being hurt would not have shocked her so much, true she worried for him with his....issues. But her mother was granite, and unbreakable rock that supported everyone in the family. If she could be hurt than nothing was certain anymore. The star could fall from the sky, the sun might no longer wise - the world was all upside down. And there wasn't a thing she could do to help.

"Skinwalker," Wolf answered quietly. "Dad was going out to make sure that it was gone."

"Didn't see anything," Pavlov said approaching the group. "So I think we're in the clear."  

Angelique DelaMort

Moonlight Phantom

12,900 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150

divena

11,525 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 11:49 am
Zahavah felt a knot of tension she hadn't even notice loosen inside of her. Some of that painful pressure on her chest eased. Fear... that's what Pavlov had called it. She really didn't like it. She smiled reassuringly at Addy, relieved to see at least one of her oldest daughters was safe and sound. "We managed to chase it off," she informed Addy. She glanced at Pavlov, checking him over subtly to see how he was holding up. Taking off to check for the skinwalker couldn't have been easy for him, even if he didn't find anything.

Nova peered up at her older sister. "It was so scary... Wolfgang was so brave..." she wasn't, and she was a little embarrassed by that.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 12:15 pm
Adalind snorted, "Walkers in this area? That's new and not a welcomed change." She looked down and lightly rested her head on Nova's, "Makes sense, I suppose, he looks like Mom, might as well act like her too. You realize that means you need to call him off when he's about to do something incredibly stupid, right, Nova?"

Wolfgang snorted, "I don't do stupid things...I think my stuff out well in advance. It's not like I take naps above a snake hole or anything like that..."

"Viper pit," Adalind correct him.

Pavlov sighed and moved to stand by his mate. The children were arguing in their affectionate manner and it felt good -it felt normal.  

Angelique DelaMort

Moonlight Phantom

12,900 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150

divena

11,525 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 12:23 pm
Zahavah leaned against Pavlov, soaking in the ordinariness of the moment. Some more of her tension eased away. Her family was fine. Akis was missing, yes, but she was sure that her other daughter was fine. She'd know if something had happened to Akis, wouldn't she?

Nova rolled her eyes to look up at Adalind. "But he's a boy," she complained. "How am I supposed to keep him from doing stupid things?"  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 12:46 pm
As innocently as she could manage Adalind replied, "I thought you liked challenges?"

"Are you okay?" Pavlov asked Zahavah quietly.  

Angelique DelaMort

Moonlight Phantom

12,900 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150

divena

11,525 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 1:11 pm
Nova pouted. "You're thinking of Akis. I don't like challenges. I like quiet..." The mini filly really did take after their father. She was probably the only one of the children who did.

Zahavah nodded a bit, taking a deep breath. "Doing better," she murmured. "How do you live like this? So... afraid... all the time... it must be terrible..."  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 2:34 pm
"It's...not fun..." Pavlov agreed slowly. "But I don't really have a choice in the matter. Fortunately much of what I see is not real....some part of my mind knows that, but today." He sighed shakily, "Today was a different thing."

"Then you can quietly keep him out of trouble," Adalind replied simply.

"You know I'm right here..." Wolfgang muttered. "Listening to every word you say. Right here."  

Angelique DelaMort

Moonlight Phantom

12,900 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150

divena

11,525 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 4:52 pm
Zahavah shook her head slightly. She could understand how today was different, but still. Feeling that way... "We need to do something, Pav..." This was a wake up call, really. She hated to admit it but... "I think we need to find some help protecting our borders or... something. I can't protect all of you." Yep, she felt a little ill at those words, and she was careful to keep her voice low so as not to scare the children.

"How can I do that? He's so loud all the time," Nova huffed, ignoring her brother. "And he goes into the river whenever he gets annoyed with me."  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 5:09 pm
"But...who?" Pavlov asked not trying to discourage his mate's intentions but he had always been a loner. It was still something of an adjustment to always having their ever growing family around them. Then again, he did want this little family to be safe and he didn't trust himself to be their end all protector. He still counted himself very lucky that the walker today hadn't eaten him on the spot.

"You do the best you can with him," Adalind said softly. "Boys always manage to find trouble. It seems to be their gift."

"I'm still Right here..."  

Angelique DelaMort

Moonlight Phantom

12,900 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150

divena

11,525 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 5:30 pm
"I... I don't know," Zahavah sighed. She closed her eyes, suddenly feeling so old and tired. She shook it off and looked up at him. "If you can look after the kids a little more, I'll find some trustworthy guardians for our family." She knew now that she couldn't do everything. But Pavlov wasn't the cowering, simpering stallion she had always figured him to be. He'd proven that, when push came to shove, he would step up and do what had to be done. She could trust him to take care of the children if she couldn't be around.

Nova sighed heavily. "That's a silly gift to have. But I guess I'll do what I can... Are you staying, Addy?"  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 6:22 pm
"You're going to leave the children alone....with me?" Pavlov asked arching an eye brow. "Why don't you wait to make these decisions until you're feeling a little better?" It pained him to recognize him, but his invincible mate had taken a hit that day, and not just a physical one.

Adalind sighed, "Maybe for a little while. I have...things I need to take care of. But I'll stay for a little while."  

Angelique DelaMort

Moonlight Phantom

12,900 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150

divena

11,525 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 6:39 pm
"I wouldn't leave them with you for long," Zahavah quickly assured him. She understood the wisdom in holding off on making any big choices, but if she didn't come up with a plan right now,she felt like she'd back slide into that horrible gut wrenching emotion again. "Maybe an hour or two... long enough for me to check things out or...er... interview... guardians... or something..."

"Good," Nova sighed, relieved. "I missed you. I've been all alone with Wolf! By myself! And mom and dad. But they don't count."  
Open/Private Canon IC RP

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff