Mama Ame
Vice Captain

Shy Conversationalist

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 3:28 pm
Prof. Moonie
Mama Ame
Prof. Moonie
Mama Ame
I realize now that I really WAS a teenager when I read Order of the Phoenix.

I mean it still is my favorite Harry Potter book because Sirius plays a major roll and it introduces Luna and Tonks but...my God Harry was a ******** overly emotional teenager. Dear Lord...

I would have to say that Half Blood Prince is my favorite book from the Harry Potter series. It's been awhile since I've read any of the books but I know that one really stood out to me in comparison to the others.

Half Blood Prince is a really good one. I like that you start learning a lot more about Snape and hes not just "That a*****e teacher that hates Harry." Plus the end was exciting with the whole "Is he good or bad?"

My least favorite is actually Chamber of Secrets. Which I know is a really popular one. I don't dislike it (because I don't dislike any of the books) but it just left the least impact on me.

I think the 4th impacted me a lot because to me the fourth book is when it really changed from a kids series to an all ages series. That's what I love about them. They grow with the characters. The first book is about eleven year olds and it has a light happy feeling to it. By the last one its MUCH darker.

I wasn't that fond of Chamber of Secrets either. Goblet of Fire was okay... but placed towards the bottom for me. Though I do agree that it does seem to be the turning part from the happy childhood to dark coming-of-age.

Oh god finally someone who doesn't absolutely LOVE Goblet of Fire! Most people I ask say that one is their favorite. I enjoyed it. I really did. But it wasn't my favorite. I missed Quidditch and all of that. Things you expect from a HP novel didn't happen.

They didn't happen in the 7th book either but we already knew they weren't because we knew he wasn't going back to school.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 3:33 pm
Mama Ame
Prof. Moonie
Mama Ame
Prof. Moonie
Mama Ame
I realize now that I really WAS a teenager when I read Order of the Phoenix.

I mean it still is my favorite Harry Potter book because Sirius plays a major roll and it introduces Luna and Tonks but...my God Harry was a ******** overly emotional teenager. Dear Lord...

I would have to say that Half Blood Prince is my favorite book from the Harry Potter series. It's been awhile since I've read any of the books but I know that one really stood out to me in comparison to the others.

Half Blood Prince is a really good one. I like that you start learning a lot more about Snape and hes not just "That a*****e teacher that hates Harry." Plus the end was exciting with the whole "Is he good or bad?"

My least favorite is actually Chamber of Secrets. Which I know is a really popular one. I don't dislike it (because I don't dislike any of the books) but it just left the least impact on me.

I think the 4th impacted me a lot because to me the fourth book is when it really changed from a kids series to an all ages series. That's what I love about them. They grow with the characters. The first book is about eleven year olds and it has a light happy feeling to it. By the last one its MUCH darker.

I wasn't that fond of Chamber of Secrets either. Goblet of Fire was okay... but placed towards the bottom for me. Though I do agree that it does seem to be the turning part from the happy childhood to dark coming-of-age.

Oh god finally someone who doesn't absolutely LOVE Goblet of Fire! Most people I ask say that one is their favorite. I enjoyed it. I really did. But it wasn't my favorite. I missed Quidditch and all of that. Things you expect from a HP novel didn't happen.

They didn't happen in the 7th book either but we already knew they weren't because we knew he wasn't going back to school.

If I had to order the books in order from most favorite to least favorite, I think I would put them in this order:

Half Blood Prince
Deathly Hallows
Prisoner of Azkaban
Order of the Phoenix
Sorcerer's Stone
Goblet of Fire
Chamber of Secrets  

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Mama Ame
Vice Captain

Shy Conversationalist

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 3:36 pm
Mine would be...

Order of the Phoenix
Deathly Hallows
Prisoner of Azkaban
Half Blood Prince (only because I dislike the Harry and Ginny relationship. And that is literally the only reason its so far down the list)

I can't decide if I want Sorcerer's Stone or Goblet of Fire in 4th place so they're tied before 4th and 5th LOL. I enjoy them both but they're not on the top of my list.

and then Chamber of Secrets.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 3:59 pm
Mama Ame
Mine would be...

Order of the Phoenix
Deathly Hallows
Prisoner of Azkaban
Half Blood Prince (only because I dislike the Harry and Ginny relationship. And that is literally the only reason its so far down the list)

I can't decide if I want Sorcerer's Stone or Goblet of Fire in 4th place so they're tied before 4th and 5th LOL. I enjoy them both but they're not on the top of my list.

I'm on the fence when it comes to the Harry/Ginny relationship. In the early books, when we discover Ginny has a crush on Harry, it was cute and adorable. But when they started growing up and what not, I wasn't that fond of the idea of them being together.

Honestly, I liked the idea of Harry and Luna being together better. xd

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Mama Ame
Vice Captain

Shy Conversationalist

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 4:07 pm
Prof. Moonie
Mama Ame
Mine would be...

Order of the Phoenix
Deathly Hallows
Prisoner of Azkaban

I'm on the fence when it comes to the Harry/Ginny relationship. In the early books, when we discover Ginny has a crush on Harry, it was cute and adorable. But when they started growing up and what not, I wasn't that fond of the idea of them being together.

^ Yes.

To me Harry and Ginny seemed too forced if that makes any sense. Ginny had a crush on him in the earlier books. Then she moved on. Then it seemed like JK Rowling HAD to give Harry a love interest. Ginny was there so she just used her.

She wrote a press release saying she wished she would have paired Harry and Hermione together which would have been even worse than Harry and Ginny. Harry and Hermione always had a BFF/Sibling relationship in my eyes.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 4:11 pm
Mama Ame
Prof. Moonie
Mama Ame
Mine would be...

Order of the Phoenix
Deathly Hallows
Prisoner of Azkaban

^ Yes.

To me Harry and Ginny seemed too forced if that makes any sense. Ginny had a crush on him in the earlier books. Then she moved on. Then it seemed like JK Rowling HAD to give Harry a love interest. Ginny was there so she just used her.

She wrote a press release saying she wished she would have paired Harry and Hermione together which would have been even worse than Harry and Ginny. Harry and Hermione always had a BFF/Sibling relationship in my eyes.

Yeah, I heard about that. Honestly, I liked Ron and Hermione being together. Their relationship actually seemed genuine and perfect. And I agree about the fact of Harry and Hermione having that BFF/Sibling relationship; I never picked up on any romantic signals at all between the two.  

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Mama Ame
Vice Captain

Shy Conversationalist

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 4:14 pm
Ron and Hermione were perfect imo opinion. They weren't throw together right away but they had chemistry.

And yeah I never picked up on romantic feelings between Harry and Hermione either.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:18 am
Two more chapters  

Mama Ame
Vice Captain

Shy Conversationalist

Mama Ame
Vice Captain

Shy Conversationalist

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:39 pm
Done!

Gonna try to read the last two this week  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:55 pm
I told both my mother and my grandmother that I want amazon gift cards for my birthday.

So hopefully that'll be at least $50.00 in books.

Amazon has all five Game of Thrones books for $19.99 on kindle. Or you can get them each individual for $4.99 each. I think I'll get the set though since I'm not worried about seperate covers and all that.

I need The Infernal Devices: Clockwork Princess which is $9.99

The Mortal Instruments: City of Heavenly Fire is $10.67 for preorder

Dangerous Creatures is coming out but there isn't a price yet.  

Mama Ame
Vice Captain

Shy Conversationalist

Mama Ame
Vice Captain

Shy Conversationalist

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:15 pm
I love buying new books even though I have a s**t ton of books i haven't read yet.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:40 pm
Mama Ame
I love buying new books even though I have a s**t ton of books i haven't read yet.

I enjoy getting new books as well. Though in my case, it isn't that I haven't read the books I already have - it's the fact that I've run out of room on my bookshelf for books and now they're starting to take over my window seat. xd  

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Mama Ame
Vice Captain

Shy Conversationalist

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:13 pm
Prof. Moonie
Mama Ame

I enjoy getting new books as well. Though in my case, it isn't that I haven't read the books I already have - it's the fact that I've run out of room on my bookshelf for books and now they're starting to take over my window seat. xd

My uncle gave me a ton of books for my kindle. Though I'm buying the series I really enjoy. I need to pick up The Hunger Games one of these days.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:47 pm
Mama Ame
Prof. Moonie
Mama Ame

My uncle gave me a ton of books for my kindle. Though I'm buying the series I really enjoy. I need to pick up The Hunger Games one of these days.

Nice! biggrin The Hunger Games is pretty enjoyable.  

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Mama Ame
Vice Captain

Shy Conversationalist

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:52 am
Prof. Moonie
Mama Ame
Prof. Moonie
Mama Ame

Nice! biggrin The Hunger Games is pretty enjoyable.

Catching Fire was my favorite. Finnick is my favorite character.  
"COS" ^Can O Spam^

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff