Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nintendo Cult!

Back to Guilds

So long and thanks for the memories. 

Tags: Nintendo, Gaming, Video games 

Reply 'Tendo Cult~
Your Picks For Super Smash Bros. Roster? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SingingGoombas

Shy Gawker

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:36 pm
Definitely Isaac from Golden Sun. In fact I'm sure he'll be in it. I also think Zoroark will be good considering how Lucario seems likely to be dropped since it will be 2 generations old by the time the game comes out. And since we have that Fire Emblem stage based on Awakening I'll bet we'll see Chrom.

Lastly I used to think Toad wouldn't really fit but now that variations of him have appeared as a playable character in recent Mario games he wouldn't be out of place, though his inclusion would surprise me. Especially considering Peach's neutral special attack.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:43 pm
Meta_Fish

I don't think that's how Smash Bros. works...

Don't get me wrong I agree that single player cutscenes would have been nice and I totally agree that characters like Toon Link should have their moveset redone. but most of the other stuff you said is most likely incorrect.

There is no way Falco is getting cut, and if for some crazy never gonna happen reason he did Wolf wouldn't stay either. That's like cutting Zelda but leaving Toon Link. The character priority is all messed up.

Also, Sakurai has said on numerous occasions that having too many third party characters would throw off the game, as it's primarily a Nintendo crossover so two or three is ok but how many do you want? 5, 6? PS All Stars had a lot of third party characters because Sony's first party characters are few and far between and aren't very memorable. Nintendo has an enormous roster to choose from so there isn't any need to add too many third party characters..

He also said that while some characters would be getting cut I don't think he meant like 10 of them. I bet if anyone is cut it will probably be Lucario and Ike and possibly Wolf and R.O.B. Game & Watch will stay and Marth will definitely be included as well. I will admit that I originally thought Toon Link had no chance of appearing but I was obviously very wrong on that.

Either way I'm sure this game will be great and if any more than 5 characters are cut I will be very, very surprised. I also realize you started this guild, so you clearly love Nintendo and I doubt you will be disappointed either.  

SingingGoombas

Shy Gawker

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:40 pm
SingingGoombas
Meta_Fish

He was parodying people who ask for characters that would make no sense. Specifically I think his post was meant to take the piss out of the poster above him, but...

In all likelyhood, he'd just agree. Sincerely.

Read the post he made before that one, and you'll feel silly.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:23 pm
lol  

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

SingingGoombas

Shy Gawker

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:33 pm
[Kegan]
SingingGoombas
Meta_Fish

He was parodying people who ask for characters that would make no sense. Specifically I think his post was meant to take the piss out of the poster above him, but...

In all likelyhood, he'd just agree. Sincerely.

Read the post he made before that one, and you'll feel silly.

That's the one I was quoting. Granted, you couldn't actually see the content but if you had read my post you'd see I was responding to his much longer post.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:23 pm
Didn't seem that way when I read it.  

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:19 pm
SingingGoombas
Definitely Isaac from Golden Sun. In fact I'm sure he'll be in it. I also think Zoroark will be good considering how Lucario seems likely to be dropped since it will be 2 generations old by the time the game comes out. And since we have that Fire Emblem stage based on Awakening I'll bet we'll see Chrom.

Lastly I used to think Toad wouldn't really fit but now that variations of him have appeared as a playable character in recent Mario games he wouldn't be out of place, though his inclusion would surprise me. Especially considering Peach's neutral special attack.
You're sure about Isaac? I'm not so much. I'd actually prefer it be Matthew even though I'm not a Golden Sun fan LOL!

I also don't think Zoroark is more likely than Lucario now. Sakurai talks to the Pokemon company about which Pokemon are going to be prominent in the near future. Mewtwo and Lucario both have Mega Evolutions as well as the Kanto starters so there's a really good chance they'll be in, in some manner. Zoroark could have one announced but I think he kind of faded away despite his neat Pokemon ability.

I think Chrom will replace Marth if not Ike as well.

Toad won't be in. He is confirmed to still be a Peach attack and they have enough Mario characters that they don't need to add Toad, especially considering there is nothing interesting about him aside from the fact that he's a mushroom man.

SingingGoombas
There is no way Falco is getting cut, and if for some crazy never gonna happen reason he did Wolf wouldn't stay either. That's like cutting Zelda but leaving Toon Link. The character priority is all messed up.
It was an idea and I think your comparison is a bit out of line. Falco is more of a clone in my eyes than Wolf so I'd say it's more the other way around, if anything. Wolf would be the Melee Luigi to Fox's Melee Mario and Falco would be Melee Dr. Mario. So I think Falco would be the one to go if anyone. I dunno, I just like that Wolf is more different with his moving forward smash, different blaster and his different feel to the moves.

SingingGoombas
Also, Sakurai has said on numerous occasions that having too many third party characters would throw off the game, as it's primarily a Nintendo crossover so two or three is ok but how many do you want? 5, 6? PS All Stars had a lot of third party characters because Sony's first party characters are few and far between and aren't very memorable. Nintendo has an enormous roster to choose from so there isn't any need to add too many third party characters..
I'm just saying that I think having more than two is fine. I think it'd be fine if we got Ryu, maybe Pac-Man. Sure they're nowhere near as iconic as Mega Man or Sonic, I really would love to have this game just grab fans of video games both past and present and strangle them with fantasticness.

SingingGoombas
He also said that while some characters would be getting cut I don't think he meant like 10 of them. I bet if anyone is cut it will probably be Lucario and Ike and possibly Wolf and R.O.B. Game & Watch will stay and Marth will definitely be included as well. I will admit that I originally thought Toon Link had no chance of appearing but I was obviously very wrong on that.
So you have more room to be wrong. mrgreen

SingingGoombas
Either way I'm sure this game will be great and if any more than 5 characters are cut I will be very, very surprised. I also realize you started this guild, so you clearly love Nintendo and I doubt you will be disappointed either.
I could be disappointed in some of the decisions but it's got Mega Man, it's got DK, Mario and the gang I love. My main concern is that he will cut characters to add new ones when they could just be added atop existing characters.

Also, leave things you quote in the boxes so people know what you're referencing.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 4:58 pm
Meta_Fish
SingingGoombas

You're sure about Isaac? I'm not so much. I'd actually prefer it be Matthew even though I'm not a Golden Sun fan LOL!

I also don't think Zoroark is more likely than Lucario now. Sakurai talks to the Pokemon company about which Pokemon are going to be prominent in the near future. Mewtwo and Lucario both have Mega Evolutions as well as the Kanto starters so there's a really good chance they'll be in, in some manner. Zoroark could have one announced but I think he kind of faded away despite his neat Pokemon ability.

I think Chrom will replace Marth if not Ike as well.

Toad won't be in. He is confirmed to still be a Peach attack and they have enough Mario characters that they don't need to add Toad, especially considering there is nothing interesting about him aside from the fact that he's a mushroom man.

SingingGoombas
It was an idea and I think your comparison is a bit out of line. Falco is more of a clone in my eyes than Wolf so I'd say it's more the other way around, if anything. Wolf would be the Melee Luigi to Fox's Melee Mario and Falco would be Melee Dr. Mario. So I think Falco would be the one to go if anyone. I dunno, I just like that Wolf is more different with his moving forward smash, different blaster and his different feel to the moves.

SingingGoombas
I'm just saying that I think having more than two is fine. I think it'd be fine if we got Ryu, maybe Pac-Man. Sure they're nowhere near as iconic as Mega Man or Sonic, I really would love to have this game just grab fans of video games both past and present and strangle them with fantasticness.

SingingGoombas
So you have more room to be wrong. mrgreen

SingingGoombas
I could be disappointed in some of the decisions but it's got Mega Man, it's got DK, Mario and the gang I love. My main concern is that he will cut characters to add new ones when they could just be added atop existing characters.

Also, leave things you quote in the boxes so people know what you're referencing.

Normally I would have but your initial post was so big as it was I figured putting it on top of mine would have been overkill. But ok. And I didn't say I thought Toad would be in it, I just said that now that's a far more reasonable suggestion than it was 5 years ago.

Also, the whole "dropping Falco" thing had nothing to do with who was or wasn't a clone. You're right that Wolf is a unique character while Falco is a semi-clone, but that wouldn't matter because Falco has already appeared in two Smash bros. games and he is a more important Star Fox character than Wolf. I guess a better comparison I could have made would be dropping Luigi but keeping Bowser.

And considering how Marth is pretty much a face for the Fire Emblem series there is no chance of him getting dropped. He was the original hero and, like Falco, I don't think any character that appeared in at least 2 Smash Bros. games is going to be dropped. He's a lot like Pikachu, he was there at the start and could be seen as a sort of mascot for the series even after all these new characters are introduced. Ike's fate is certainly up in the air though...

I may have been wrong about Toon Link, but one thing I know for sure is he's not going to be dropping classic characters like Marth or Falco. Unless they debuted in Brawl I wouldn't be too worried about losing them. And even then, there are plenty of unconfirmed Brawl characters who we all know will make it back (Dedede, Meta Knight).  

SingingGoombas

Shy Gawker

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:13 pm
SingingGoombas
Normally I would have but your initial post was so big as it was I figured putting it on top of mine would have been overkill. But ok. And I didn't say I thought Toad would be in it, I just said that now that's a far more reasonable suggestion than it was 5 years ago.

Also, the whole "dropping Falco" thing had nothing to do with who was or wasn't a clone. You're right that Wolf is a unique character while Falco is a semi-clone, but that wouldn't matter because Falco has already appeared in two Smash bros. games and he is a more important Star Fox character than Wolf. I guess a better comparison I could have made would be dropping Luigi but keeping Bowser.

And considering how Marth is pretty much a face for the Fire Emblem series there is no chance of him getting dropped. He was the original hero and, like Falco, I don't think any character that appeared in at least 2 Smash Bros. games is going to be dropped. He's a lot like Pikachu, he was there at the start and could be seen as a sort of mascot for the series even after all these new characters are introduced. Ike's fate is certainly up in the air though...

I may have been wrong about Toon Link, but one thing I know for sure is he's not going to be dropping classic characters like Marth or Falco. Unless they debuted in Brawl I wouldn't be too worried about losing them. And even then, there are plenty of unconfirmed Brawl characters who we all know will make it back (Dedede, Meta Knight).
To be honest, it was too long. But at least quote something from it.

I can see both sides to it. I'd rather have Wolf in than Falco as they are now because Falco plays so similarly and we desperately need villain-type characters, but I'd really like to see them all return. Falco is just my least favorite.

I'm also just saying that any character is up to be cut or kept. I never would have thought they'd CUT characters from Melee especially one like Mewtwo. If he really doesn't want to raise the roster but stay current I can see someone like Marth getting cut. You could use reverse reasoning that since he's already been in two games that they should give a new character a chance to shine.

I'm voicing my worries. My whole huge post was worries about how the game could be ******** up. Removing cutscenes, cutting characters (which Sakurai has stated he IS doing), not tuning characters very well--it's scary stuff for a game I want to be the definitive version. With Nintendo's resistive grasp on DLC, I doubt we will get more, paid or not through them either.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:51 pm
I think Nintendo fan should be on the roster, just like, a Mii inspired character wearing a Mario hat with the master sword and fox' clothes.  

DeathlyGreed

King Cat

12,725 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Dressed Up 200

SingingGoombas

Shy Gawker

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:07 am
Well they just announced that Marth will be in Smash Bros. 4!

Now, Marth's addition was very obvious to any sensible Smash Bros. fan, but the guild leader actually thought that Marth was going to be cut despite the fact that I told him that wasn't going to happen. He didn't listen of course and insisted that Marth wouldn't make it, and he also thinks that Falco and Game & Watch won't make it as well (but I guarantee you they will).

It's funny, when you run a guild that's basically dead and you finally have someone posting you'd think the leader would be elated. Instead he decided to make stupid posts in an attempt to sound smart.

The only characters anyone should be worried about are Wolf, Lucario, Ike, Lucas and R.O.B. and even they're not out for sure (I figured Toon Link wouldn't make it but look what happened). Don't let this sorry excuse for a Nintendo fan scare you into thinking they'd drop a character like Falco. Please, what's next? Dropping Zelda?

Well I'm leaving this guild, and quitting Gaia as well, so you won't be seeing any more posts from me. But hopefully this guild leader learns to treat his members with respect instead of assuming they're idiots who will listen to anything he says. Maybe this place wouldn't have died if he learned that lesson sooner.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:30 am
lmao

Who's mule were you?  

Meta_Fish
Captain

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:18 am
Why does everyone want someone from Golden Sun to be in it, if no one ever seems to give a s**t about Golden Sun?  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:31 am
Because it's a series they can say they loved to be in the cool JRPG fanclub and they can complain about new games not being made even though no one bought the third one.  

Meta_Fish
Captain

J of The Wind

Shirtless Phantom

9,975 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:23 pm
You know I was skeptic at first but I'm actually happy to see Rosalina and Luma?

I mean I'm an ice climbers fan but mainly for the mechanic of controlling more than one character on screen at a time kin d of Gimmick. Like that feeling that I've got backup without having a team battle going on kinda feel.

I'm interested to see how her mechanic with Luma works out! Do you summon him for a brief amount of time to help with a combo? Does he stay to fight until he gets killed like a Pikmin? Most likely the latter but it still leaves me so curious about their moveset together!  
'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff