Reply Age of Sigmar Discussion
The Wood Elves Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Angelic_Executioner

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 7:51 am
I like the idea of a Forest Spirit army, but I agree, some of the Elf models look too good to pass up, especially the war dancer lord imo. And the Waywatcher lord is based on the most overused Wood Elf pic of all time, the way watcher hovering over the water. But it still kicks a**, I knew they had to make a mini out of it sometime.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 12:04 pm
Anyone play a decent size battle against the new wood elves?
Please discuss the results.  

KyotoYakimino

KyotoYakimino

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 5:37 pm
Apparently not many people play wood elves or even play fantasy for that matter...  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 11:27 am
Actually yes I have played a few games with the army so far, and they are an absolute joy to play with. I've been using a Highborn in a sizeble unit of wild riders, and tooling him up with an annoyance of nettles and the dawnspear. If he hits and manages to wound on the charge the enemy unit is a -1 to hit, and in a challenge you need 6's to hit him, so it's been priceless to see my friends faces when they realize they can't hit him back!
The army is really something else, I was afraid that GW would mess up with them, but they did a fantastic job on both the miniatures and the rules. The specail characters are especially interesting, I just love the way Orion plays now. smile
I've been busy painting, but I did play a few games with them, one was against a khorne chaos army, and boy was I glad I took the bow of Loren/Hagbane Arrows/Alter Kindred rout. 5 strength 4 shots that don't allow armor saves makes those chaos knights awfully worried. Played a game against Savage Orcs that ended in a really close draw (3 pts!!!) and a game against Vampire Counts (Blood Dragons) that was an overwhelming victory for my Woodies!!!!  

Jerhien

ubergeist

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 12:50 pm
I have the battalion ( 24 glade guard 12 dryads 8 riders). Any suggestion on what to buy next? I was thinkuing wardancers, then a couple of spellsingers, then some waywatchers and or a treeman.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 12:51 pm
Jerhien
Actually yes I have played a few games with the army so far, and they are an absolute joy to play with. I've been using a Highborn in a sizeble unit of wild riders, and tooling him up with an annoyance of nettles and the dawnspear. If he hits and manages to wound on the charge the enemy unit is a -1 to hit, and in a challenge you need 6's to hit him, so it's been priceless to see my friends faces when they realize they can't hit him back!
The army is really something else, I was afraid that GW would mess up with them, but they did a fantastic job on both the miniatures and the rules. The specail characters are especially interesting, I just love the way Orion plays now. smile
I've been busy painting, but I did play a few games with them, one was against a khorne chaos army, and boy was I glad I took the bow of Loren/Hagbane Arrows/Alter Kindred rout. 5 strength 4 shots that don't allow armor saves makes those chaos knights awfully worried. Played a game against Savage Orcs that ended in a really close draw (3 pts!!!) and a game against Vampire Counts (Blood Dragons) that was an overwhelming victory for my Woodies!!!!

I don't think you can use magical arrows with a magical bow...
Plus, alter kindred members count as having two hand weapons...and I don't know if they can even use magical bows.  

KyotoYakimino

ubergeist

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 12:56 pm
KyotoYakimino
Jerhien

I don't think you can use magical arrows with a magical bow...
Plus, alter kindred members count as having two hand weapons...and I don't know if they can even use magical bows.
I just checked my army book and I'm pretty sure you're wrong. It said they could be fired together with certaij exceptions, and neither of those upgrades had exceptions, and it didn't say alter kindreds had 2 hand weapons.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 2:40 pm
ubergeist, I'd recommend picking up some wild Riders (You're gonna have to wait a little while or convert yours) I really don't have much use for the tree-kin, but wardancers are nice if you want to go the close combat/foot troop route. it all depends on how you like to play...so...what aspects of the army to you like best?  

Jerhien

ubergeist

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 5:46 pm
Jerhien
ubergeist, I'd recommend picking up some wild Riders (You're gonna have to wait a little while or convert yours) I really don't have much use for the tree-kin, but wardancers are nice if you want to go the close combat/foot troop route. it all depends on how you like to play...so...what aspects of the army to you like best?
I like to stand back and fling pointed sticks and spells at my foe, and sic some dryads on them when they get close.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 6:46 pm
lol well then I guess you know what you want! I'd probably go with a Highborn with the arcane bodkins/Bow of Loren, and two lvl2 sorcerors, and a lvl one branchwraith. I like to do what I call the "Tree Turret".
Take a Tree man nd sit him in your 6" of free forest, take a mage and give him cailingors staff so he can cast as many tree singing spells as you have dice and just take some archers/waywatchers for the bowmen. You should have enough magic to get your trees close to an enemy unit...then the D6 s5 shots start rolling out, along with the tree mans strangle root attacks...and enemy's won't normally be able to charge the treeman. Turns the lore of Athel Loren into a pretty damn impressive attack lore....you could do a lot of s5 hits to a lot of different units, then finish them off with the glade gaurd longbows and waywatchers.  

Jerhien

Grand Master Ixion

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 7:00 pm
I already have the book just saving some cash for the warhammer rulebook a noble a spellsinger and the dryad box.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 7:16 am
Jerhien
lol well then I guess you know what you want! I'd probably go with a Highborn with the arcane bodkins/Bow of Loren, and two lvl2 sorcerors, and a lvl one branchwraith. I like to do what I call the "Tree Turret".
Take a Tree man nd sit him in your 6" of free forest, take a mage and give him cailingors staff so he can cast as many tree singing spells as you have dice and just take some archers/waywatchers for the bowmen. You should have enough magic to get your trees close to an enemy unit...then the D6 s5 shots start rolling out, along with the tree mans strangle root attacks...and enemy's won't normally be able to charge the treeman. Turns the lore of Athel Loren into a pretty damn impressive attack lore....you could do a lot of s5 hits to a lot of different units, then finish them off with the glade gaurd longbows and waywatchers.

Hmmm. So far the only thing I have fought ( and will fight for some while) are the lizardmen. The skinks are nothing to worry about unless they're hiding something behind them, and the glade guard tend to make them scaly little pincushions failry quick and even with cold blooded they flee pretty quick. The saurus , however were troublesome. This sounds like a pretty solid strategy, and next time, I'll be aware that nobles, no matter how high their ws, aren't really intended to kill kroxigor.  

ubergeist

Jerhien

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 4:46 pm
Yeah them Kroxigor are pretty tough critters, I play Lizardmen as well. I think your best bet is again to go with the arcane bodkins/bow of loren. or if you want to go meaty in the close combat An Alter Kindred Lord with a great weapon/dawnspear an annoyance of nettles and the stone of rebirth....makes most things go poof.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 5:18 pm
Wood Elves are good... WITH HOT SAUSE!  

Brother Felix

Jerhien

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 6:25 pm
Hot sauce you say?....

mesquite bar-b-q?  
Age of Sigmar Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash