Welcome to Gaia! ::

HighTail Cafe (Furry Guild)

Back to Guilds

HTC is your one stop for all things furry on Gaia! 

Tags: furry, anthro, anthropomorphic, LGBT, roleplay 

Reply HighTail Cafe
How furry are you? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

aztec334

2,800 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:41 am
How furry am I? Well...
I began my little entrance into Furry styling about first year middleschool...
In th begining i had no one to hang out with, i was somewhat lonely when i saw some girls that never did excersize durring PE, and I would look their direction and such, until one day they called me over and i finally met a few friends...
Three girls, one very loud and strongminded, another silent and traquil, and another girl in the middle, rather the balance between them, they talked to me and i noticed some of thier sketches and drawings on them, and when they showed me, i was AMAZED
They drew really good looking furry art, and i felt an inclination, or conection if you will. They also drew some rather sausy drawings of each other, aparently they were a polyamorous relationship, sorta experimenting, yeah?...
And well they also got me into manga and anime xD and hentai...
But yeah, that's not a big part of my life ^^"
So yeah... Since then i've been secretly furry, since i descovered the furry/troll war on youtube years ago...
I feared being misunderstood and rejected, so...
Since then i've only told the closest of friends, and recently my gf has helped me release my furryness out ^^
I like the art, i think that while fursuits are cartoony and clunky, they seem fun as cosplay, hopefully omn day i will have ne xD But for now basics are good razz
And well, what can i say, i feel a conection with some animals, but most strong is the Grey Wolf, seen a few and they dazzle me in their simplicity and majestic stride...  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:31 am
I'm currently trying to learn how to create a costume using latex prosthetics..... Then again, I love make up effects anyway, so that doesn't necessarily count....  

Equine Molly Heart

xXHazukashiiXx

5,400 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:15 pm
Hm, I consider myself quite the furry. I started being a furry a couple years ago noticing my interest in them. I have already developed a fursona that seems to match my life quite noticably. I see myself as a wolf. Wolfs fight and hunt in a pack and, surpisingly, have a chain of command, but more like a monarchy. I'm part of the Army National Guard as an infantryman. I fight in a team, and during the seasons, I go hunting. I love hunting cause it allows me to use my instincts to take down game. But I've been looking into making a fursuit to my liking. May take sometime though.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:48 pm
Not that big of a furry. Would love to have a fursuit, but would definitely prefer a more skin tight one. Maybe self sewn. Who knows.

I've taken steps into the art. Both clean and for fun. razz But i started with humans and it leaves my animal features lacking in.. well.. distinguish.. so i can't ever really tell what animal i am drawing. I need to use references but I'm lazy.

Personality wise I'm more of a lazy cat. But I'm too leading. Yet submissive. So it's a bit difficult to find something that fits both.

Any suggestions on what a better animal would be would be awesome. ATM I'm a silver tabby. :3

That and my boyfriend is too and so I can't wait to have some fun with him.  

Kawai taiga omocha

Rainbow Receiver

FANGwoof

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:35 pm
I first joined the fandom because I love anthro art and have been drawing it since I was little. I was always the kid that pretended they were animals and I even made up characters that I would play out when I was outside playing and when I went to elementary school that was the main thing I did at recess. In my early teen years I would rp a lot with the characters I created. I also associate better with animals than with people. I'm an antisocial/socially awkward person so it's hard for me to make friends but when I see an animal, no matter how dangerous it may be, I'm never afraid to walk up and interact with it. I was watching a bear that was directly outside my window one night. It was less than 3 feet away and it knew I was there. It did nothing but look at me like it knew I was happy to be watching it and I know someones going to think I'm crazy for saying that but I felt more comfortable around it than I do around strangers.

I also think fursuits are cool and I'm saving up to get a partial.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:50 pm
I have two fursonnas that coexist >< Believe me or not its true...
My first and main is wolf. I growl when annoyed or mad or playfighting in real life, I yelp when startled, I love watching the moon, and when the full moon comes around, I like to howl then (I'm pretty good if I say so myself). I also bite when people grab me XD its a reflex.

My second is a cat, but not exactly a house cat, it feels too wild to be a house cat. XP I hiss when I'm startled sometimes (after yelping or sometimes i hiss instead of yelp) or when I get hurt. I purr when my head is petted or scratched behind the ears. I like to climb but have a problem coming down >< and i like to claw things.

I'm trying to get the parts to make an animatronix tail and ears but that won't be for a while v.v And in my past, I've ALWAYS acted more animal than human. Barking at people (still do), sticking my head out of the car while my parents drive (again still do), walked on all fours after school when no one was around... I'm getting better at running on all fours too ^^  

Bloody Rosen Knight

Demonic Shapeshifter

11,750 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Survivor 150
  • Bookworm 100

Ask Jappleack

Greedy Consumer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:57 pm
Bloody Rosen Knight
My first and main is wolf. I growl when annoyed or mad or playfighting in real life, I yelp when startled, I love watching the moon, and when the full moon comes around, I like to howl then (I'm pretty good if I say so myself). I also bite when people grab me XD its a reflex.

My second is a cat, but not exactly a house cat, it feels too wild to be a house cat. XP I hiss when I'm startled sometimes (after yelping or sometimes i hiss instead of yelp) or when I get hurt. I purr when my head is petted or scratched behind the ears. I like to climb but have a problem coming down >< and i like to claw things.

I'm trying to get the parts to make an animatronix tail and ears but that won't be for a while v.v And in my past, I've ALWAYS acted more animal than human. Barking at people (still do), sticking my head out of the car while my parents drive (again still do), walked on all fours after school when no one was around... I'm getting better at running on all fours too ^^
How do you run on all fours? On your toes and palms, knees and palms? Um, with or without shoes on? etc.

Im not really furry but thatd be awesome still xd  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:06 pm
Ryu Kei Shou Kawazu
Bloody Rosen Knight

How do you run on all fours? On your toes and palms, knees and palms? Um, with or without shoes on? etc.

lol the first, toes and hands. It takes a while to get it right, as you have to move your body just right, like I move with keeping my arms close together and center with my body so I can place my feet in front of my hands and propell myself forward. I also usually do it without shoes (Not big on wearing them anyways) cuz its more comfy that way  

Bloody Rosen Knight

Demonic Shapeshifter

11,750 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Survivor 150
  • Bookworm 100

Ask Jappleack

Greedy Consumer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:15 pm
Bloody Rosen Knight
Ryu Kei Shou Kawazu
Bloody Rosen Knight

lol the first, toes and hands. It takes a while to get it right, as you have to move your body just right, like I move with keeping my arms close together and center with my body so I can place my feet in front of my hands and propell myself forward. I also usually do it without shoes (Not big on wearing them anyways) cuz its more comfy that way

Its probably healthier to not wear shoes anyways, imagine in 200 years if people still wear shoes they are going to have immobile toes and stuff because of evolution or something.

But putting your feet in front of your hands sounds a little difficult. Is it possible for you to give more details on how you move your legs?  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:18 pm
Ryu Kei Shou Kawazu
Bloody Rosen Knight
Ryu Kei Shou Kawazu
Bloody Rosen Knight

Its probably healthier to not wear shoes anyways, imagine in 200 years if people still wear shoes they are going to have immobile toes and stuff because of evolution or something.

But putting your feet in front of your hands sounds a little difficult. Is it possible for you to give more details on how you move your legs?

Well its more to the side of my hands really, just maybeh and inch further than my hands. I'm still practicing to get better at it ^^;  

Bloody Rosen Knight

Demonic Shapeshifter

11,750 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Survivor 150
  • Bookworm 100

Ask Jappleack

Greedy Consumer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:29 pm
Bloody Rosen Knight
Ryu Kei Shou Kawazu
Bloody Rosen Knight
Ryu Kei Shou Kawazu
Bloody Rosen Knight

Well its more to the side of my hands really, just maybeh and inch further than my hands. I'm still practicing to get better at it ^^;
Good luck (: I might try it but i'd get embarressed but id certainly try it after it gets warmer outside lol.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:37 pm
Ryu Kei Shou Kawazu
Bloody Rosen Knight
Ryu Kei Shou Kawazu
Bloody Rosen Knight
Ryu Kei Shou Kawazu
Bloody Rosen Knight

Good luck (: I might try it but i'd get embarressed but id certainly try it after it gets warmer outside lol.
haha I do it at home where the only people who see are the ones who don't care XD  

Bloody Rosen Knight

Demonic Shapeshifter

11,750 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Survivor 150
  • Bookworm 100

Ask Jappleack

Greedy Consumer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:01 pm
Bloody Rosen Knight
Ryu Kei Shou Kawazu
Bloody Rosen Knight
Ryu Kei Shou Kawazu
Bloody Rosen Knight

haha I do it at home where the only people who see are the ones who don't care XD
I tried it for a moment and i looked like I was moving like a primate xd  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:25 pm
i myself feel that i am man and beast, at school i have finally found furry friends.. amazing, only took me three days.. anyways.. yea, out of all of them i think i am the most fur, i bite, i own golden white claws, i have the claws built into some pairs of shoes (although its mainly for defense), and i USED to have a suit, but at times i felt i was overdoing it.  

another fox guy

Shy Bachelor

11,075 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Brandisher 100

Mureun

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:19 am
Sometimes I wonder if I AM a furry. But then I have to remember, Dolphins are practically people (and not just any people, they are like a mafia), so it makes since why I don't act like other furries or seem to think in similiar mentalities. ( <-- My main fursona is a Pacific White Sided Dolphin )

Sometimes I wish I was more like my friends who are VERY furry, atleast in their mannerisms and the way they interact with other people ( not to mention some of my guy friends are as hairy as their fursonas, lol ). Then again, some people are just out to get furries and they can be sneaky, I'm thankful my heart is not as open and I can step back to see the larger picture, I've protected my friends this way many times. It's amazing how people just don't like furries for no reason at all, some don't even know what they are but they have these "urges" to hurt the poor souls. Literally I know this, not many people know I'm a furry so I can get into conversations where people confess this stuff all the time. It's one of my ways of looking out for my friends and knowing who and where to keep them far away from. sad

I enjoy the art, I see myself as my fursona a LOT, I'm working on two fursuits (one for myself), and I can handle my friend's more furry mannerisms ( even if I find some of it just silly sometimes ), so I think I qualify. But most of the time I feel as though I'm simply on the fence, like the "ally" to gays mentality only switch "gays" with "furries".
neutral  
HighTail Cafe

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces