Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Drunken Dwarf Tavern

Back to Guilds

Tags: Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply Roleplay (dice)
[3.X/PF Midnight] The Spark of Hope <Recruit 0/6> Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Seph Baelzara

Dedicated Gaian

12,050 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:30 pm
If no one applies come Monday night around 8pm EST, I'll launch. But at the same time I won't close applications. I'll just figure out where to insert said players.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:11 pm
Seph Baelzara
If no one applies come Monday night around 8pm EST, I'll launch. But at the same time I won't close applications. I'll just figure out where to insert said players.

HUZZAH  

inukai132

Seph Baelzara

Dedicated Gaian

12,050 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 6:19 pm
Mere hours after the news of the Master dying in his sleep, droves of kin ranging from the small elflings, to the mentally handicapped orcs, to traitors of the Shadow whom thought they could infiltrate Izrador's ranks had been imprisoned and enslaved under the rule of one powerful Legate. He kept all of his servants under a tight leash, expected everything to be rightfully so. His meals hot, the room he was in at a comfortable temperature, his baths drawn, and his bed made tighter than any military standard. He allowed absolutely zero margin of effort from any creature, and those that failed to do so were brutally tortured, malnourished, and made to never forget their mistake. He held no favorites or mercy--not even to the women whom were with child, or the children whom were not of his own blood or creation.

But now with the vindictive creature laying breathless within his bed, and most of the mansion ransacked, those that wished for freedom, ran through the massive double doors in the foyeur to the outside, leaving the slower, careful, and perhaps smarter ones behind. No noise has returned from their exit. Not even the pounding feet of Orc or Goblin soldiers as they might trespass through the mansion.

After a quick meal those that have remained behind sit within the great hall of the dining room. Their positions near each, and the infinite expanse of freedom reigns before them. Of those left is merely you four. The mansion has been stripped bare for all of its worthwhile, easily taken possessions. There is nothing left for you here. Except maybe a temporary respite and roof over your head before the soldiers of the Shadow come in and check in on your Master. Where then your future is up to them, and once more, no longer your own.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:01 pm
Kere sat among the others unsure of what to do as she eyed the odd group. True under the captain of the guard she was protected as long as she acted as his favored scout and hunting pet, but there was no guarantee's the elfling would be able to avoid danger under a new master. Nor that a new Legate would find as much amusement with the Orc Captain and his young elfling pet's relationship.

That and she thirsted for freedom like a man who'd lived in the desert his whole life yearned to see the ocean. She had been raised in captivity, but that didn't stop her from being fascinated by the stories a few other Danasil had whispered too her in thanks for her help.

She wanted to know what was beyond these walls even if she felt some regret leaving her adopted keeper. If they didn't leave soon though all would be for naught.  

Mortane

Dangerous Prophet

Jacior

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:22 pm
Martin stood as he was used to doing by now, when they weren't made to kneel. His hands were at his sides, idly playing with the fabric that constituted his clothing. His eyes were darting back and forth everywhere not settling on one thing too long. He looked like an animal caught in a trap.

The last Legate had taken his bow and put him to work in the kitchen, his only words of protest having swiftly been beaten out of him, leaving him with his facial scars. It was too warm here and too noisy.

They needed to leave, he couldn't figure out why they hadn't yet. It seemed obvious they needed to go, but no one would. Everyone else already left and it was just them. So why couldn't they figure out they needed to leave?  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:26 pm
Inukai paced back and forth thinking about his freedom. He had been gone from his family for so long that he wondered if anybody was still left.
'Pat...Pat...Pat'
The rhythmic echoes of his footsteps called out into the darkness of the now still mansion. Should he leave and risk it out in the wild? Sure he was trained to survive, but he had no idea where he was or where he would be going. Plus he might get a reward for staying here... No, that wasn't an option. He wasn't going to be a worm at the feet of the next Legate for who knows how long.
'Pat...Pat...Pat'
He paced while he looked around at the other three servants, a small Elfling and two larger humans like himself. Honestly, most everyone there looked like they could get along in the wilds without much of a problem. Inukai continued to pace and plan out an escape and a destination.  

inukai132

MT the Clown
Captain

Beloved Lunatic

10,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:10 pm
Hunched over with his body covered in flowing rags, Hector was glad his scraggy beard absorbed all of his tears. He was free to return to the forest home and his beloved family. Perhaps it was foolish to believe that his family was alive or would welcome him with open arms. But he was breathing free air once more and these modest hopes has kept him going. It kept his body from failing despite the beatings that never protest, past the starvation, and the animalistic lifestyle. Even now, with the massive bundles of wood strapped on him, he would not be stopped. Death was fast approaching, but he would have to earn Hector.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:07 pm
The footsteps halted abruptly and were replaced by a 'wurgurgle' emanating from Inukai's stomach. He had the things he stockpiled and was ready to get going and at least get some food. He turned around to address the other three as best he could.

"So.. I think we should maybe... um.. get some food or something now that we c-can. We don't want to st-starve wait-ting for the guards to come, d-do we? I can hunt pretty well and I was t-t-trained in the forest and how to get food and hunt and stuff. So what d-do you guys say?"

Inukai stuttered his way through his speech, talking to strangers was never his strongest skill, and his eyes shifted between the three others, waiting for a response from either of them. He grasped his hands together to keep them from trembling. His eyes quickly jumped from face to face, searching for a sign of approval.

((Hooray for a CHA of 9))  

inukai132

MT the Clown
Captain

Beloved Lunatic

10,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:22 pm
Shuffling over, Hector slowly and gently places a massive hand on the young man's shoulder. Speaking softly like he used to with his daughters, "It's alright son. Relax. Here, I'll go with you. I was the one responsible in making sure the fires were fed and some rooms smelled like the forest. I did some huntin' too. I'll join ya."  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:26 pm
The shuffling of feet and murmured voices had alerted one of the few creatures whom had strayed behind. It was a massive giant of a man, an indentured servant of the Legate, and what would otherwise be a loyal servant of the Shadow whom ventured into the same space. Krog was his name, everyone knew him well enough by his large, giant-like stature for an orc, the blood red eyepatch over his left eye, the slight limp he held over his right leg, and most importantly, that he was the only one whom on a regular basis, disappeared from the mansion without a trace and the Master never once scolded him for it.

He did the heavy lifting for whatever was necessary, and chopped logs for the fires to keep the mansion warm.

"Krog can help." His graveled voice echoing over the empty room. "Krog try help others. They no listen.
"Krog know way out, no get harmed."  

Seph Baelzara

Dedicated Gaian

12,050 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Elocutionist 200

Jacior

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:39 pm
Martin's eyes focused on Krog. "I can't leave." His voice was tiny, quiet, and pitiful. "I need my bow." He pleaded, but it wasn't sure who he spoke to. "I can't leave without it." His eyes went back to darting around, his hands now violently gripping the cloth of his pants.

"Can you help me Krog?" His eyes refocused. "Then we can leave." His voice wavered a bit.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:58 pm
Inukai spoke quickly, without making eye contact to the man beside him.

"Ok, um.. I'm not exactly sure where we are, I haven't been outside much since I was kidnapped. I think you and I should g-go hunting and bring back some food for now we can le-leave once everyone's ready. B-by the way, my name's Inukai. I am.. was responsible for delivering messages from one end of the building to the other. I'm pretty light on my feet I guess."

Inukai swallowed and noticed for the first time how empty and quiet the house was without the servants. Part of him was curious to see what exactly killed the Legate, but he knew better than to go any farther back into the house than he needed to.  

inukai132

Mortane

Dangerous Prophet

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:09 am
Kere stood ready to bolt at the sight of the orc, but soon calmed a bright smile flashing across her face when the large orc mentioned he wanted to come with them. Falling into place next to Krog she tilted her head back flashing a grin up at him. On her rounds she'd often seen the orc leaving, but had never moved to stop or go after him. Those hadn't been her orders and though she was somewhat sad to leave her adopted keeper behind it felt good knowing one of her older allies wanted freedom as much as she did.

"I'm listening Krog. Which way is out?" She asked curiously tilting her head slightly to the side, a gesture she always gave when curious. Hearing the other humans voice she turned to face him.

"I believe I know where they're keeping your weapon. The guards have a small store house for such things on not far from the kitchens. I've been sent there many times to fetch and return things, but I'm afraid I cannot pick the lock and am not strong enough to bust the door down."  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:24 pm
Martins eyes switched focus from Krog to Kere. "Is that why you came by the kitchens so much? I always wondered about that." His eyes darted around the room again. "We need to move quickly. The longer we linger, the worse off we are." He grabbed Kere's wrist and pulled her in the directions of the kitchens.

"Quickly, we need to go." He stopped for a second and looked back. "I'm sure there are supplies for everyone there. We should equip ourselves for a swift leave." He glanced at the gathered faces. "We'll be back in a moment." He started pulling on Kere again down the hall. "Someone needs to make sure the Legate's body gets burned." He called back over his shoulder.  

Jacior

Mortane

Dangerous Prophet

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:42 am
"Yeah I used to run errands for the captain of the guard and was often times sent to fetch his meals and retrieve things. I agree with you on us needing to get out of here. The guards will be returning to the barracks soon expecting their meal and when it doesn't come they'll come looking." Kere cautioned, having learned both the Captain of the Guards and the guards in general's schedule over her life in the keep. Kere was a small slim catlike little elfling, her skin a light bronze where it wasn't covered or marred by dirt and ash. Her hair was a dark copper blond and was done up in many small braids that hung around her hair like dreads. Most striking of all though were the rich blue green eyes that peered out of the delicate frame of her face. She most certainly didn't look like a servant of the guards leading one to wonder how she'd ended up serving the Captain.

"Why would we burn it? Err nevermind better make sure he doesn't get raised in undeath." She mumbled motioning for Krog to follow her. "Come on big guy we're gonna need you for this. There's no way just the two of us can get that door open." Kere called motioning encouragingly for the orc to follow them as Martin dragged her down the hall towards the kitchens.  
Roleplay (dice)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff