Rabenstein
Captain

Versatile Ringmaster

4,150 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Member 100
  • Informer 100
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 2:55 am
I'll let you control what happens here. You can ghost any of my characters wherever you want them to go. You can godmod right now, so long as no one dies. <3

Bingham, I’m so sorry that I lied to you. You have been kind and I should have just told you the truth…My mother has told me since I was very young, that the King had lost his child and wanted me to replace her. When my mother refused, she told me that he became angry and was going to have me killed. So when I met the two of you and found out you were looking for me, I lied because I was convinced you’d kill me if you knew who I truly was. Still it’s no excuse.”, Over the course of Linwe’s speech, Bingham began to feel quite remorseful about yelling his sentiments just a few moments ago. Here she was, afraid for her life, and here he was complaining about an unnecessary climb up the mountain. ‘ Corpus Bones Bingham, how cruel of you.’ Bingham shook his head to and fro.

Hogwash Lil-Linwe, you thought you were in danger, there is no reason to apologize.”, The act that Lily had lied to them was not the distressing factor here. Having learned all about the Red Witch and the truth behind Seylin, Bingham felt like the odd one out. They had their secrets, and Bingham was just a weak blacksmith who wasn’t trained to fight more than practicing a few ‘parry’s as a lad. Linwe didn’t seen to hear his apology, and Bingham walked forward to listen to her speak. They were all in a grave situation, and Bingham did not wish to just stand by and ‘listen’.

I don’t know what to do exactly…if you two were to come back with me to the tower and hide, I’m afraid my mother or Marak would be able to find you out…I don’t think I could take it if either of you were harmed because of me.”, Bingham wanted to say that he wouldn’t get caught, and that they would all make this through together; but, he couldn’t guarantee that. He didn’t have a master plan like Seylin, and trying to think up one with a mind inexperienced at plotting was quite the trifling thing. Even Seylin seemed quiet and baffled. Which was never a good sign to Bingham, who had always seen the man with a knowledgeable expression on his face. It seemed all three of them had reached a stand still, and so Bingham began to ponder about the goal none of them wanted. Linwe’s marriage to the goblin King. Bingham had heard of women being stolen and dragged underground, never to be seen again. Most goblins were so ugly that stealing brides was a necessity just to continue their species. Their magic depended on constantly bringing in new blood, even the peasants of their underground kingdom…married ‘animals’ such as lions or tigers and bred with them. Just the thought of Linwe down there with such things made Bingham feel queasy and perturbed. A shadow of a brilliant idea started to ring in the back of Bingham’s head, but he couldn’t make out the bell.

Bingham.”, Seylin finally spoke, and the blonde looked him in the eye. “
Yes?

I need you to fetch the magic rope.”, Bingham nodded and turned around without questioning the man. Thing. Whatever. ‘Isn’t it a little suspicious that out of everything he asked you to do, he said: fetch the rope?’, Bingham felt his lip curl in a grumble, but Seylin had given him a task. Knowing how special the rope was, and that they were trying to reach a ‘tower’ the rope could be very important. Their success could all depend on him fetching the rope, and as mundane as the task seemed, Bingham was anxious to prove that he could be useful. Like a far off singing Bingham knew he could hear something trying to spark his attention in the back of his subconscious mind, but he still could not make it out.

That’s peculiar…”, The blonde mused when he finally saw the rope on the ground; neatly coiled into a circle as if someone had just spent ten minutes writing the length of the material around their hand. ‘ This magic rope sure is useful…’, Bingham thought, and wondered what the fairy would think when the ringing in the back of his head finally clashed in his ear like a giant cymbol.

That fairy had been gone for far too long…Something had to be horribly wrong…

In panic, Bingham ran back to the darkness of the tunnel using the dim glow of the rope to find his way before realizing that Seylin and Linwe were gone. ‘
Where did they go?!’, had they tricked him into leaving in the hopes of him getting away safely? Or because Seylin thought he was useless? Unsure what to think of this development, Bingham swallowed his pride and crept forward through the unfamiliar tunnels, hoping that he wouldn’t get lost in the process of searching for them.

Seylin!? Linwe!?”, Bingham called out; but there was no answer.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:10 am
User Image

XXXWhen I see you cry
It makes me smile

▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇

User Image
                Hazel easily followed the side of the rocks up until she reached the tower. She felt a smile tug at her as she proved that she was better than that measly human. Humans always thought they were better than fairies. Could they fly? Nope. Fairies were clearly superior. Still she was having fun watching them. It was something Hazel always did. Before that, she couldn’t remember. Hazel didn’t much like to think of the past and instead focus on the fun things of the present.

She looked around the room and at first saw nothing. No princess. Hazel sighed slightly. They really should have taken her advice and took that little farm girl or whoever she was. It would have worked. Hazel was sure of it. The thought of magic spells to prove it were not on her mind. She was about to go find those humans and tell them the news. That was when something caught her eye.

There was some woman who appeared in the tower. This woman was definitely not the princess. In fact, Hazel was convinced it was the witch. Watching her closely, the woman started to frantically search the tower. Hazel found herself giggling at the absurdity of it. This woman looked ridiculous in her opinion. When the woman stumbled, Hazel enjoyed a good laugh at her expense.

Hazel realized that the witch had spotted her a bit too late The glowing lights encircled her, and while Hazel was quite intrigued by the lights, the fact that they were pulling her into the tower frightened her a bit. There was no escape at this point so she could only focus on convincing the witch to let her go. Before she thought out a plan she became distracted by a bottle that the witch had with her. On the bottle was Hazel’s name and instantly, she felt like she needed the bottle. It was hers after all. ”Where did you get that?” She was too curious to remember that she could be in danger in the witch’s hands.

((I like these twist. I’m wondering what happened to Seylin and Linwe that made them gone or what possibly happened to Bringham… ^_^))

▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇

DarkYang109
Vice Captain

Distinct Hunter

Rabenstein
Captain

Versatile Ringmaster

4,150 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Member 100
  • Informer 100
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:22 pm
User Image
User Image

In the darkness of the goblin kingdom, the daytime lanterns were lit only bright enough to omit a gentle glow. Orange light reflected upon polished ebony marble as a slender figure ghosted through a mile of corridors, each one carved by expert dwarvesmen nearly a century before. As the female in the pale yellow dress walked deeper and deeper underground, the hallways started to grow narrower and the unavoidable claustrophobic sensation began to creep into her stomach. As elves grew up sleeping almost outdoors, in tents or nearly wall-less houses, the years of adjusting to feeling no wind on her face and being so compressed had yet to fully achieve their work. Ignoring the sickness as best she could, the older elf soundlessly walked down a flight of marble stairs towards a large stone door. The door, magically enchanted, blinked at her arrival so late in the afternoon. When elves and goblins slept.

Your highness, are you leaving the kingdom at this hour?”, While the elfin woman no longer had the invisible door symbol painted on her forehead to prevent the gates from letting her outside, the door had spent many a day arguing with the woman who it could never let outside. Old habits died hard, one supposed, but the door always seemed to be trying to sway the older female to change her mind when she happened to be close enough to speak to. Thankfully for the door, the woman resisted a grumbled expression before averting her eyes for a moment to stare at the fork in the tunnels.

No, door, I am trying to find where Marak has kept our prisoner.”, A very bad feeling began to channel through the door as to where this subject was going. The previous King’s Wife knew very well that Marak had given specific instructions for his mother not to interfere in the matter.

Where is Linwe being held?”, The door looked relieved at a question it could answer, and letting out a soothing breath, the door flickered his eyes towards a tunnel on the left.

The west district, M’lady, fourth level, in the noble house of Goregothe.”, The elf could not help but make a small face as she averted her eyes towards the tunnel that the door had looked at. The woman had walked down so many stairs to be dis at ease and to hear she had to walk all the way back upstairs and knock on a household door at this time in the afternoon was not a pleasant ponder. As kind as the Goregothe household was, she knew the bird-like snake husband to be have an irritable temperament. ‘ Strange, I thought they moved to the fifth level one and eight years ago.’And making her way up the stairs, the elf woman followed yet another series of tunnels led by the dim lamplight of the daylight hours.

~

Reaching an almost empty goblin manor home not thirty minutes later, the woman sat at the edge of a lavish feather bed with her eyes on the sleeping Linwe. The elf lady had not been given many details on how they managed to find her or how they obtained her, but judging by the fashion in which the girl slept, the woman assumed it to be the cause of some form of enchantment. ‘
I can attend to that…’ Thought the woman as she set her left hand on Linwe’s cheek in the hopes of elven magic waking the girl up from her slumber. Speaking a magical spell under her breath, the women slowly withdrew her hand when she believed she saw signs of movement.

Linwe, dear, are you awake?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:27 pm
User Image

User Image
Meanwhile, in a room of stone that lay but ten yards behind the door that the elfin maiden had conversed with, Seylin woke up in a less than satisfactory manner. With Linwe waking up from her enchanted sleep, the man had woken up as well, and besides the scent of freshly cooked lamb still warm on the nightstand, the man woke up feeling quite discontented. For the first he had a powerful headache, and for the second he was in a room with only a small lamp to illuminate it. Which was more than enough for Seylin to recognize where he was. Given the shape of the oil lamp, he was in the goblin kingdom. Why? The man could only assume it had to do with Linwe being forced to become Marak’s bride. Still disoriented from a bash to the head that he could not remember, the man sat up in the plain little bed and tried to blink for his eyes to get used to the dim light enough to find a way out.

How long have I been in here?’, and what was worse, was it too late to prevent a goblin marriage? Seylin started to reach for his sheath to grab his short sword when he realized that his bag and weapons were gone. Not by the bed, or set aside for him to grab. What was more, the man stood to find no door on any side of the room. With stone walls on every side, the man realized that it would take goblin magic for him to be let out or for the door to appear, and the man was trapped in a prison or an oubliette. Kicking the wall in frustration, Seylin bashed his fist against the cold, plain, concrete-like stone with a snarl on his face.

Let me out!”, Seylin demanded; but, there was no reply. Waiting several minutes, the man paced and attempted to shout again to no avail. With nothing else to do but sit and wait, the food he was in no mood to partake of began to grow more and more appealing to him. Staring at the black stone plate that seemed to be simple pottery, the man grimaced uncomfortably. There were no forks or silverware, and the man knew that Goblins never used such things. They even believed that silverware was insulting and didn’t craft them entirely except to cook with. As if the lantern hadn’t been enough to solidify him into believing he might never get out of that prison room, the lack of silverware was another reminder that tied his stomach into knots.

Seylin could not sense Linwe’s emotions from his stone prison, and perhaps that worried the man most of all. '
I hope you are faring better than I am Linwe.'

Rabenstein
Captain

Versatile Ringmaster

4,150 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Member 100
  • Informer 100

DarkYang109
Vice Captain

Distinct Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:27 pm
User Image

User Image

Darkness. That was what surrounded Linwe. She didn’t know how she got there or when but it was all she could see. Fear was keeping her in place. One wrong move could be the end. That was what her gut was telling her. Yet it was also saying she had to move or she would be killed as well. What could she do? She felt trap with no escape insight. How she longed to be back home in her nice soft bed. Closing her eyes she could almost feel herself there again.

Opening her eyes shocked her. Here she was lying in her bed. How could this be? Did it matter? All that mattered was that she was safe at home again. A place she never wanted to leave again if she could help it. The world was too dark of a place to venture off into. Then her mother was there. Linwe felt so happy at seeing her, she jumped from her bed and rushed into her mother’s outstretched arms. Here was where she felt safe. How could she have ever thought of leaving her dear mother?

Something was wrong. She felt her mother’s arms become cold around her. Braving a glance up at her mother’s face, she saw something cold and twisted there. It frightened Linwe and caused her to stumble away. That was when she noticed Seylin there, chained to a wall. In all the time that had passed, Seylin had left her mind. How could she let that happen? She was about to ask her mother to let Seylin out of the chains when she saw her moving towards Seylin, a knife in hand. Before Linwe could make a sound, her mother plunged the knife into his heart. Linwe tried to scream but it was useless.

What happened next was too fast to see and Linwe couldn’t have prevented it. Somehow she had been thrown out the window and was falling down the mountain. This time she was sure to meet her end. There would be no water to break her fall and even if there was she might drown in it before reaching safety. She kept falling into darkness. The same darkness that she began in. No voice to call out for help. No help would be found anyway. This was the end…

Linwe awoke with a start, sitting straight up in the bed. Her eyes searched around frantically for anything familiar she could cling too. There was nothing. Everything that surrounded her was foreign. And what scared her most of all was a woman who was seated on the bed she was lying in. The woman was beautiful and knew her name. Linwe vaguely recalled her being awaken by it. Still nothing felt right about this place. ”Where am I? Who are you? Where’s my mother? Seylin? Bringham?” She felt her breath quicken and she knew she would need to calm down to keep a level head but she was too frightened to do so.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:45 pm
User Image
User Image

When the girl jumped awake the older elf was slightly taken aback. Blinking from surprise, the woman raised her hand in a ‘wait’ gesture as if that could help calm the young one who must have awakened from a dark reverie indeed. ‘ Marak might not like me in here, but before I grow old and perish, I will do my best to look out for his well-being.’ A mother simply acting from maternal instinct, the female sent the girl a smile before let her hand rest in the air.

Where am I? Who are you? Where’s my mother? Seylin? Bingham?”, The elf woman felt bombarded by questions, and so she waited for the girl’s breathing to become more regulated and calm before she lowered her hand to her lap and proceeded to answer.

My name is Aglemar, but I am sure that my son has spoken of me under the name ‘Agatha’. I am the four thousandth, twenty third, King’s Wife of Marak the Blue Scaled; Marak’s mother.”, The woman paused to offer the gentlest of smiles.

My dear, we had a scout following a trace left behind from a murder on our lands. From what I have been informed of, the scout saw you in the company of a human that had slaughtered a small family of goblins in the Sherlve farmlands.”, The woman paused to take a quick breath.

The scout worried for your safety Linwe, and so he enchanted Seylin and yourself into a slumber and returned to the goblin Kingdom. I know not whom Bingham is but...Marak went to visit your mother as soon as he heard of the ambush…”, The woman’s voice began to drift away and dwindle into nothing as if there was more she longed to say. For the time thus, the woman’s face appeared kind; but, conflicted, and while she made no efforts to force Linwe to stay or speak against her will, there was pain in the woman’s eyes. Even if she tried to hide the evidence well.

Rabenstein
Captain

Versatile Ringmaster

4,150 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Member 100
  • Informer 100

DarkYang109
Vice Captain

Distinct Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:02 pm
User Image

User Image

Linwe focused on keeping her breathing even but still felt shaky from the distruption of waking up in unfamiliar territory alone. The woman in front of her appeared kind but Linwe no longer knew if she should believe what she saw. There were too many lies that had been told to her. How could she trust anyone without the facts in front of her?

When the woman told her that she was Marak’s mother, Linwe felt slightly at ease but still on guard. She knew Marak of course and being with his mother must mean that he had something to do with this. Although that still wasn’t enough to calm her for the fear of being trapped underground with the goblins and never seeing her mother or anyone else again.

Linwe was silent as she tried to register what this woman was saying. Something about someone seeing her with a person who had killed a family. But she had been with Seylin. That would have to mean…. But Seylin wouldn’t kill an innocent family. She believed that to be the truth. After all, Seylin had protected her when he barely knew her. He couldn’t do something like that and turn around and do something so cruel.

”Where is Seylin at? Can I see him? Please?” She wanted to have the comfort of having someone she knew with her through this. Marak would be someone she would want to talk to at some point to get the truth out of him and somehow convince him not to go through with his plan of keeping her here. But that could wait until after she had been reunited with Seylin.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:19 pm
User Image
User Image

Simply from being a magical being as opposed to a regular human, ‘Agatha’ could feel the concern coursing through Linwe’s body flowing through her veins. While this was not as powerful as if she was sitting near another elf, she knew enough to gaze into Linwe’s eyes in compassionate concern. The girl had never been taken underground before or even left her tower more than a mile at most, so of course the girl had reason to feel estranged. Feeling the strange twinge in her aura to not speak badly of Seylin in the girl’s presence, the woman tried to smile and once more hide the pain that dotted her features.

My dear, the world does not think very highly of goblins. I know, for my entire childhood, I was taught to loath them myself.”, The comment was made to make Seylin’s crime more understandable. Numerous knights had attempted to strike a goblin guard if given the chance, and while some rare goblins looked human enough to not need magic to change their appearance, it was not very hard to spot a goblin. Seeing as how most cannot see in sunlight and must therefore sleep during the day. The family that had been killed had been farmers posing as humans in a secluded little farm where they could buy and trade and yet remain well concealed. They had a nice little vineyard that produced a wine that Marak had enjoyed; however, it was not the lack of ever tasting the wine that had her son shut up in his room and unwilling to speak. Perhaps she hesitated too long, or spoke too quietly, but the girl spoke again and the elf left her reverie to give heed to her mouth.

Where is Seylin at? Can I see him? Please?”, With a distraught frown, Agatha shook her head as an answer. The child would of course need more of a reply than that to be satisfied, and so the woman scooted a bit closer to have a more private conversation even though the house was next to empty.

I do not know where Seylin is being kept, I did try and find out that information, but trying to find out anything when Marak purposefully keeps information from officials is next to impossible. Marak has shut himself into his room ever since he left to go talk with your mother. I do not know why he won’t show his face, but he will not stay in there forever I am sure. He…he does need to go to court and decide Seylin’s fate.”, The woman spoke the words with more confidence than was displayed upon her face. There was a great weight on her shoulders, and with a gentle sigh the woman finally turned her head to hide her face from view. Truth be told the woman did know why Marak needed the personal space, but it was for a reason too ghastly to speak aloud. Especially to a girl who might not understand. Had her mother taught her anything about goblins, she would know that their magic relied heavily upon the King. If he was taken out or destroyed before an heir was born…it would mean the dwindling down and ruination of their entire race. A part of the elf wanted to explain more, but she felt it unwise to add to Linwe’s currant burden.

"
He must come out sometime..."

Rabenstein
Captain

Versatile Ringmaster

4,150 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Member 100
  • Informer 100

DarkYang109
Vice Captain

Distinct Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:19 am
User Image

User Image

Linwe barely listened as this woman spoke about how the world viewed goblins. Her mother had not been too fond of goblins either but why did that matter? Just because people didn’t like goblins didn’t mean that Seylin killed anyone. The thought that they were accusing him of such a thing angered her. It was more aggravating that she couldn’t see him and speak with him. She may have only known him for a short time but she felt connected to him. He was the third person she had ever spoken with in her life for such a time and shared so much with. It was natural that she would feel a special bond with him.

After asking her question, Linwe made sure to listen to what Agatha had to say. Something about Marak being shut up in his room. The way it sounded, Marak was the one who knew where Seylin was being kept. Linwe thought that if she talked to him than he would take her to see Seylin. It was as simple as that. Marak should like her well enough. Otherwise, why would he have visited her so?

”He…he does need to go to court and decide Seylin’s fate.”

Hearing those words caused the anger to once again course through her veins. Linwe couldn’t take being in this bed anymore. Pushing herself off, she at least felt a little better once she was in a standing position. ”Decide his fate? He’s done nothing wrong. Seylin has saved my life I’d like to think more than once since I’ve met him.” She remembered the way he guarded her from falling when they were climbing the rocks and she was fairly certain if he continued on his way without her then the Ogres would have gotten her.

”Take me to Marak. I will speak with him. I’ll do whatever he wants as long as I get to Seylin and he is let go safetly. I’ll even marry him if that’s what he truly wants. I do not wish to and it was the reason I left my tower in the first place but if it means he’ll let Seylin go then I’ll do it. Just take me to Marak so I can speak with him.” Linwe knew she was rambling but she couldn’t stop the words coming out of her mouth. Yes, she knew she just agreed to marry Marak and live her life forever underground but that didn’t matter to her at the moment. She was worried about Seylin.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:25 pm
User Image
User Image

Decide his fate? He’s done nothing wrong. Seylin has saved my life I’d like to think more than once since I’ve met him.”, The girl was suddenly very upset, but the elf woman stayed calm to appear composed and remain understanding. So much truth had been kept from this girl, and Agatha wished that the girl had not been brought up in such a place as the Black Tower. Numerous times changeling children were exchanged for human babies to ensure more brides for their people, but Linwe had been switched with the princess, and as fairy enchantments are usually permanent and can effect the genetics, she would never have to worry about suddenly becoming ugly. Outside of a handful, all goblins were ugly, but it was not something they could help or would if they could. They believed that if you were born with a claw, then it must be used. They believed in strength and doing what had to be done for their people. Marak the blue scaled had been a very peaceful goblin, and while it took many years to get to know him past the snake skin to conceive the heir, she did not regret knowing him as much as she thought she would when she was stolen.

Take me to Marak. I will speak with him. I’ll do whatever he wants as long as I get to Seylin and he is let go safely. I’ll even marry him if that’s what he truly wants. I do not with to and it was the reason I left my tower in the first place but if it means he’ll let seylin go then I’ll do it. Just take me to Marak so I can speak with him.”, Halfway through Linwe’s speak the elf woman paled suddenly, like a spear had suddenly been punctured through her back. As the girl kept talking the pain could be seen in her eyes more and more until the woman finally raised her hand as if to say ‘I have heard enough’ in a kindly gesture.

We have magic here that can prove a person innocent or guilty, but Marak did not need to use it when they spoke before you awakened. Seylin admitted to killing those goblins from Sherlve farm, and you should know that there is nothing more that Goblins love than revenge.”, The woman looked away in shame. She always thought Goblins were barbaric, and she felt they always would be. But they would never wrongfully subject a person to a harsh punishment without being certain of their guilt. Each punishment was different, and it was entirely up to the Marak to decide such things. As her son had yet to come out of his room, she hoped that he would let Linwe speak with him, but he was quite distressed in spirit. Closing her eyes in surrender, the woman stood.

The fact that Marak has not come out leads me to think that he is still weighing whether or not he wishes to convict him; but, remember that there are goblins here who are quite upset that Marak is taking this long to decide. If he will let you in to speak with him, you may speak with him, but I hardly think that…given the circumstances…marriage will be an option.”, She was vague intentionally, and hastily ceased her speech to subconsciously convey that she wished to speak of the matter no longer.

You’re shoes are by the bed here. Grab your belongings.”, Agatha stood from the bed and let her pale yellow gown cascade behind her as she approached the door, opened it, and waited for Linwe to finish grabbing her things. Waiting longer than she liked, though it took hardly any time for a person to put on their shoes, the elf woman led the girl down a flight of brown marble stairs and walls covered with mosaic art and designs. Even a crystal chandelier graced the ceiling, but it seemed that the lights emanated from the crystals themselves, and not by the oil lamp gracing only one part of the foyer wall. Opening the gilded door, The elf led the girl out of the lavish home and into…open spaces.

Under the strange sky, which was actually Rorot Lake held up by magic cast a millennia before, there was a large valley that spread under the lake. Homes and buildings were carved up along the walls of the city-wide cavern. No space being wasted, and more of the walls being carved away by dwarves as the elf woman took a moment to admire the kingdom’s beauty. It was not unlike any other capital city, it had gardens and parks to walk through, and aside from there being so little light seeping through the lake to touch the kingdom during the daytime, it had grown on the elf woman. Considering she could never leave it for so many years, she had in a way been forced to like it. By her own self of course. Even the smallest houses were just as fine as the larger buildings, all made from lavish stone or different hues of marble that were constructed much like greek homes with roofs that could be used as patios since there was no rain in the kingdom. Moss grew instead of grass, but that was a welcome change, and it made up the majority of their parks plant life.

The place where the elf maiden stood was yet a few miles from the royal court building that had been built into the nearest edge of the underground that came to a stop just over their sky. The head of the castle-like mosaic covered building poking up through the bottom of the lake. As if always drowning without the water going in through the windows. As most of the kingdom was asleep at this time of the day, the woman decided to take the longer route to show Linwe one of the parks made specifically for the elves.

Knowing how prone they were to claustrophobia because of the lack of wind and plant life, the goblins had expertly crafted parks and trees made out of metal with bronze leaves or gems for leaves to resemble all sorts of trees. While they could obviously be fake, they were carved so impeccably life-like that Agatha had to admit to being comforted by their presence even though she would always long for real forests to walk through. In hindsight, she found it quite humorous that humans thought they took the humans down to dripping, dull, ghastly caves. Underground? Yes, but it could not be ghastly when the Goblins took such pride in making the place as beautiful as it was strong. Goblins believed that even the peasants deserved the same luxury as the nobles, and so no family was made to live in bad surroundings whether it was smart enough to marry other goblins, humans, or dwarves, or marry animals. Once a genetic aspect from an animal found its way into the kingdom, the ‘deformity’ could pop up anywhere. That being the reason why a noble family, who never mated with animals, could have the paw of a tiger, or the scales of a serpent. That was just how goblin magic worked. One drop was all it took to be a goblin, and magic linked them all together.

Strolling through the park towards the towering building attached to the ravine, Agatha did not pause very often for conversation. She explained little bits about the goblin kingdom, explained why the parks had been created, and tried to convey that she had learned more of the goblin nature during her stay with them. They worked so hard to make their human and elf brides happy here, and not just because the bride’s happiness made their children healthier and stronger.

Don’t jump when you see a goblin dear, it only makes you appear foolish. Goblins are not beautiful, and most times not even symmetrical, but they care strongly about fashion. The one beauty they can control. This gown I’m wearing was crafted by a goblin/elf cross that used elven magic to craft it and goblin magic to make sure that the hems will never split apart.”, Agatha concluded their conversation as they exited the park before she walked down iron brick streets towards the royal court; Pausing at the gate only long enough to nod her head towards a finely dressed goblin no larger than a dog. The beast resembled a bat and a badger with fur covering its entire body, and while it wore little clothes, it sported a very fancy hat with a long feather plume sticking out the side of it. A peacock feather completed the look of grandeur, and the beast smiled its sharp teeth at the previous ‘King’s Wife’ before seeing what appeared to be a human girl behind her. The goblin looked shocked and surprised, but only because it rarely saw humans in the goblin kingdom wearing such a simple little dress.

Greto this is Linwe.”, The bat badger blinked, attempted to bow by lowering its front legs, and trotted up to the human with what looked to be an attempted smile on his face. Only then could the old queen see the suit cuffs around the ankle part of his hoofs, and let out a smile that his wife must have dressed him today.

Linwe Valier? What a pleasure to meet your acquaintance.”, The creature sounded like a raspy bear when he spoke, but there was a gentle-ness waxing his tone, and the goblin tried to smile before the queen mentioned that they were here to greet the king, and the creature excitedly trotted his hooves across the iron bricks to tell one of the other guardsmen, clad in ebony cloaks, this wonderful news. No doubt Greto would wish to tell his wife the moment he returned home, and the elf woman almost smiled at the creature hurrying away. No doubt the goblin believed that Linwe was here to marry the King of her own free will, which always made for stronger goblin kings, and this could potentially get the kingdom in an ecstatic uproar. Worried for any disappointment her kingdom would have to endure, the elf woman walked up mosaic bejeweled steps to a golden door and waited for the door to open. When it did, the elf was greeted by lavish white marble dimly lit by a gold and tiger’s eye chandelier. On the walls were designs in robust symbols like pyramids and triangles and fork-like images that made up a few ancient goblin characters rarely found outside of spellbooks. The room or lobby was vast and exquisite. A bear-like ape faced giant walking down the halls in a lavish suit that did little to hide the expanse of blue feathers covering his body. At seeing the queen the nobleman smiled and began to walk towards them. The elf bowed a curtsy, and the goblin did the same. A fine brooch attached to the front of his tunic.

Good evening Tinsel.”, The beast replied ‘m’lady’ as if this greeting happened every day before the queen walked down a gilded corridor to a part of the wall that opened upon her touch. Stepping inside the little room, the queen waited until Linwe entered it before tapping a magical symbol and waited for the door to close. The room suddenly began to feel as though it was moving, and soon the door opened to different surroundings. The entire wait being a dreadful five minutes.

A few more flights of stairs and we shall have reached the royal chambers.”, Speaking matter-of-factly, the elf stared reminiscing at the furnature and golden vases that held bejeweled flowers made to look real like the trees in the park. It had been a present from her husband after she had been stolen, and the dent from when she had thrown it was still subtle on the side of the vase. She regretted that action now, but at the time she felt justified in hating the man. Stolen brides always behave this way, and so she was easily forgiven for little antics by the people. Walking towards an ebony marble door with golden symbols, he woman knocked and waited. There was no knob on the door, and unless Marak decided to allow them entry, there was no way for her to get in now that she was no longer a King’s Wife.

Degete…are you awake dear?”, there was no answer, and the elf began to feel discouraged. She doubted highly that her son could possibly sleep with the stress he had endured, and so the lady knocked again just to be sure.

Linwe is awake Degete…she wishes to speak with you.”, Agatha thought she heard a slight sound on the other side of the door, but when it did not open right away the elfin woman cast a worried look in Linwe’s direction. Just as she was about to give up and try again in a few hours, the door began to open as her mouth opened to speak.

Marak was not there, but a fire was lit in the fireplace and the back of the armchair faced them. No doubt she saw her son wearing his ebony cloak to hide his face, and it being an act to display grief, the mother thought it best that he would wish to converse with Linwe alone.

I’ll be out here Linwe…whenever you and Marak are done conversing, find me again and I can show you around the kingdom or we can fetch something to eat together.”, The elf smiled as she walked to a comfortable looking chair and sat down to wait for her. Marak was obviously in the arm chair of the living room in his quarters, but he made no effort to get up from the chair.

Rabenstein
Captain

Versatile Ringmaster

4,150 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Member 100
  • Informer 100

DarkYang109
Vice Captain

Distinct Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:34 pm
User Image

User Image

Linwe worried as she saw the woman raise her hand to stop her. She was certain she had angered the person who seemed to be responsible for her fate. However, she couldn’t worry about that. There was no time for such things after all. If she messed up then she messed up and would have to deal with the consequences. She didn’t expect to hear what came out of the woman’s mouth.

Seylin was guilty. He even admitted to it. How could that be? Everything was just confusing right now. She wanted to go back to a time when things made sense to her. But she knew that was impossible. And she also knew that she was naïve back then. She didn’t want to be that way and that would mean living with what she knew. She felt pain in her chest at this news still. Seylin was someone she trusted. Yes, he had appeared cold-hearted at times but was he really capable of killing a family. According to this woman, he was.

Once the woman said that Linwe could speak with Marak if he allowed it, she didn’t hear much else. Maybe Marak would be able to explain things to her in a better way so she could understand it all. It didn’t take long for Linwe to gather her few belongs and put on her shoes. The idea that her confusion would not last much longer was a nice thought. She held onto that for fear that if she didn’t she would lose the sanity she had.

Their walk through the Goblin kingdom surprised Linwe. She never thought this place could look…well… beautiful. She always associated underground with a dark place, simply tunnels and not much else. What the goblins had done was simply spectacular. Linwe didn’t think that she would be able to live there forever but visiting would be fine with her. It was already more marvelous than anything she had seen above ground but she hadn’t been around much up there in the first place.

Linwe wasn’t quite sure what Agatha meant about seeing a goblin. She had seen Marak after all. He was a goblin and there was not much too disturbing about his looks. It was when they came across the goblin that Agatha called Greto that she understood. Linwe held her composure but still was a bit shocked by the appearance. She grew slightly afraid when the goblin approached her after Agatha introduced them. When he spoke though, she allowed herself to calm down again and offered the goblin a smile. ”It’s nice to meet you as well.”

As they continued on, Linwe wondered if they would ever get there. The journey seemed to take forever but she knew that was simply because she was anxious. She wanted to speak with Marak and to see Seylin so he could at least explain himself. That was what she wanted most; to talk with Seylin. But in order to get to him she knew she must talk with Marak.

Finally they reached their destination and Linwe felt fear start to overtake her. She had never feared Marak before but after everything she learned, the goblin King was starting to scare her. She had no idea what to expect from him anymore. Would the things he say be a lie to her? Would he actually tell the truth? How could Linwe know the difference? More questions began to pile on her as the wait for Marak to answer began to grow longer. Finally the door opened.

Linwe looked at Agatha as she spoke about what they would do after she was done conversering with Marak. She nodded simply and then took a deep breath before walking into the room. She looked at the back of the armchair. Maybe this whole thing would be easier if she didn’t have to look at Marak’s face. She focused her attention on the back of the chair and allowed herself to speak. ”Marak? I’m not sure exactly what is going on. I’m very confused as to who to believe at this point. I know that Seylin…. That he admitted to killing some people. I don’t know if I believe it but also don’t understand magic very well. But… Seylin is my friend. I trust him. I want to speak with him if that’s possible. Please. If you allow me that I will do whatever it is you want me to do.”

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:29 pm
User ImagexXUser ImagexXUser Image_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
【Despite the lies that you're making, your love is mine for the taking】
MARAK┣【I will be the one that's gonna hold you, I will be the one that you run to】
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
User Image
                                      Marak? I’m not sure exactly what is going on. I’m very confused as to who to believe at this point. I know that Seylin…That he admitted to killing some people. I don’t know if I believe it but also don’t understand magic very well. But…Seylin is my friend. I trust him. I want to speak with him if that’s possible. Please. If you allow me that I will do whatever it is you want me to do.”, How long had Marak been waiting to hear this question? At least seventeen long years that he had watched the girl grow up in Sylvanis’ care. He knew that this day would eventually come, and for that reason alone he had let the door open for Linwe to come inside and speak to him. For the longest moment the hooded figure remained seated in the arm chair, contemplating the future, before the figure stood and Marak turned around to pull down the hood that covered his—her, face.

You should know that Goblins never lie child. It’s simply not in our hearts to do so when we saw how much evil lying does. I cannot verbally lie to you, but in keeping facts from you and being vague I have withheld many truths for your own protection.” , Walking towards the door as if there was absolutely nothing wrong with his body, Marak made a gesture with his hand for Linwe to follow her, nodded to ‘his’ mother (who looked quite distraught to see his body in this form), and walked down a corridor, up a few flights of stairs, through another corridor that led to a room that didn’t have any walls. Nay, the walls were the edges of the lake that magically remained like a wall around the room. This room was bright enough to need only one lantern to be that perfect ‘dim’ lighting, but the goblin lit another lamp simply because he knew that the girl would feel more comfortable if she could see her surroundings. The room smelled strange from having at least a hundred different potion ingredients in bottles on the shelves attached to the only wall.

I could sit in that chair and tell you the truth, but it would be so much easier to show you who you really are and why you were raised the way you were.”, There was a very serious expression on Marak’s face as ‘she’ stared into Linwe’s eyes. The statement Agatha made about marriage no longer being an option probably made much more sense under the circumstances.

I will not show you if you aren’t sure that you want to know. When I went to speak with your mother yesterday, she assumed I kidnapped you to be my bride and cursed me.”, There was a deep rooted anger on Marak’s face, but it was not meant to be directed at Linwe. The anger lay within, in the despair that would occur if he could not change back into a man.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
xxxxxx【No, you'll never be alone; when darkness comes▬The Goblin King▬I'll light the night with stars; hear my whispers in the dark】
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Rabenstein
Captain

Versatile Ringmaster

4,150 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Member 100
  • Informer 100

DarkYang109
Vice Captain

Distinct Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:17 pm
User Image

User Image

Linwe stood waiting for Marak to respond to her. The waiting was the worst part of it all. Why wouldn’t he speak to her? Linwe felt like a child waiting for a parent to scold out a punishment. For some strange reason, she felt like she had done something wrong with her actions and that was why she was feeling the way she was. Of course, she had gone against her mother’s direct orders not to leave the tower. But if she hadn’t then she wouldn’t know the things she learned along the way…she wouldn’t be in this situation either.

She looked up when Marak stood up. Now she would find out some things at the very least. After that long wait she doubted that Marak would just dismiss everything she had spoken of. When he pulled down his hood, Linwe felt like she had been tricked into some kind of trap. The figure in front of her was someone she had never seen. There was something familiar about this ‘woman’s’ face but she just couldn’t place it. And then the woman opened her mouth and the voice that came out reminded Linwe so much of Marak that there was only one solution to this problem. The figure in front of her was Marak.

After Marak spoke, Linwe felt upset. Her suspicions were true and Marak had been lying. Well he just admitted that Goblins couldn’t lie but he didn’t tell her the truth which was the same thing as far as she was concerned. How could the people in her life do such things to her? Everyone she had ever known had lied to her. What was the point of it all?

As Marak gestured for Linwe to follow, she did as she was told. She felt like she was ten again. Marak would come visit her in the tower quite a bit and Linwe always listened obediently to everything he told her to do. It could have been from a fear that if she didn’t, then he would choose to never come back and Linwe was always desperate for more socialization with any person. This walk didn’t take as long as the first but it didn’t feel too much shorter either. When they reached the room where Marak stopped, Linwe didn’t have a chance to ask why they were there.

The words ‘she’ spoke tugged at Linwe. ’Who I really am?’ She was Linwe…wasn’t she? Maybe all that stuff about her being a princess was true after all but that would still make her the same person, wouldn’t it? She wasn’t sure what the truth actually was. It almost seemed better if he would just tell her what the truth was. Showing her seemed a lot more dangerous. And seeing something was harder to forget then simply being told.

Hearing Marak speak of her mother, Linwe brought her attention back to him. All the things she was hearing about her mother were not flattering in the least bit and Linwe still didn’t know if she should believe any of it. But he did say that goblins didn’t lie… ”How did she curse you?” It was the only thing she could bring herself to say although she wanted answers to her many questions.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:24 am
User ImagexXUser ImagexXUser Image_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
【Despite the lies that you're making, your love is mine for the taking】
MARAK┣【I will be the one that's gonna hold you, I will be the one that you run to】
User Image
                                      How did she curse you?”, Out of everything he –she- had mentioned, Marak raised an eyebrow that the girl would question that out of everything she spoke; however, if that was the only question she longed to know at this present moment, then he/she wasn’t going to reveal more than she had requested. With a gentle sigh, Marak thoughtfully pursed her lip and tapped the second middle finger of her right hand against her chin as if contemplating how best to state the obvious.

Well Linwe, I was born a King’s heir, and as you might have noticed, my features are slightly more feminine than that.”, Not intending to be sarcastic, the cursed female let out a gentle sigh before glancing towards the wall of water and brooding for a moment’s pause. There was so much more to this curse than Linwe realized, and she was unsure how else to say it than be perfectly blunt with bold honesty.

I cannot change back Linwe. My magic is the most powerful in the goblin kingdom with the exception of the King’s Wife Charm, and yet she manages to have found a demon powerful enough to bestow so strong of an enchantment upon me. I do not know if this is temperorary, or if the death of Sylvanis could even restore me to my original form; but, if I cannot produce an heir with my wife then my entire kingdom will begin to wither and crumble…as soon as I am gone. Unlike humans, our kind need the King’s magic and bloodline to hold everything together. It was the way that the first fathers made us, along with the elves. When I go…new goblin babies will become weaker and weaker with no powerful protection against attack using magic. Our magic will be gone Linwe…”, Perhaps it was an intentional mistake in the manner of dwelling her tongue on the word ‘our’ when it fell from her lips. She seemed to be saying ‘our’ as if to convey that Linwe was a goblin herself, and the goblin hoped that the young lady was wise enough to decipher the projected code. As if this was subliminal, the female began to converse further.

Even if I bring you back to your adoptive mother, I doubt she would withdraw this curse from me. You might not be aware of this, but I am old enough to be your grandfather- or ‘grandmother’ given my currant physical state. Sylvanis, or Verelle, and I…have not always gotten along so well.”, As if this was comical, Marak chuckled under her breath and pinned her golden eyes on the girl he had sent to the tower oh so many years ago.

I know for certain that greed is not the only thing that she cares for anymore, your adoptive mother is quite worried about you. Would you rather I continue holding my tongue and send you home?”, The hint of a mischievous grin pinched the corners of Marak’s mouth, but only the ghost of a smile touched her facial features. This was a serious conversation, and while some thoughts were quite comical, he knew better than to risk making the other feel as if this conversation was less critical than it was.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
xxxxxx【No, you'll never be alone; when darkness comes▬The Goblin King▬I'll light the night with stars; hear my whispers in the dark】

Rabenstein
Captain

Versatile Ringmaster

4,150 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Member 100
  • Informer 100

DarkYang109
Vice Captain

Distinct Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:53 pm
User Image

User Image

Linwe waited for Marak to speak. She felt a sort of calm as she spoke with him. There was still dread surrounding her but her emotions were not causing her to have random outbursts like they were before. It was a sort of numb feeling as well. Linwe wasn’t sure she liked it but there was nothing to be done about it now and she returned her attention to Marak as he spoke. So his appearance as a woman was her mother’s doing. It seemed a bit ridiculous of a curse but she could tell that it was effecting Marak.

She stayed silent as Marak continued speaking. Linwe could feel Marak’s pain in his…well her voice. Her mother had to reverse this. Hearing Marak talk about the death of her mother made her pause. How exactly did she feel about that? Her mother had been the only person who had been constant in her life. She had raised Linwe to be the person she was today. She was a loving mother, wasn’t she? Of course, Linwe heard stories about how cruel her mother could be. Did that mean that she deserved to die? Once again the numbing feeling was there and Linwe felt a bit sick in her stomach for feeling such numbness while the talk of her own mother’s death continued.

As she listened to Marak speak of what the Goblin race was like, Linwe couldn’t help but notice a word being said that seemed to include her into all this. As if what happened to the goblins affected her as well… ”Our magic will be gone Linwe…” Why would Marak say that? Why wouldn’t he say that his magic would be gone? The goblins magic would be gone? Why was he speaking to her as if she wasn’t lumped in with the rest of the humans? Somewhere inside of her, Linwe knew the answers to these questions but she couldn’t bring herself to accept it yet. It was all too vague to really make any sense at the moment.

Adoptive mother? That was what confirmed it then. Linwe was … a goblin. She couldn’t understand how this was possible but once the thought was in her head she knew it had to be the truth. Then why was Sylvanis her mother? So many questions appeared once one answer was given. She couldn’t look at Marak for the confusion that was surrounding her again. She, again, longed for the comfort she used to have in the tower. Things made sense back then.

”Would you rather I continue holding my tongue and send you home?”

And there it was. Marak was offereing her the peace she longed for. She had the opportunity to go back to the way things were. To be able to hug her mother and not worry about what she might be planning. To know herself as Linwe, her mother’s daughter and nothing more… Could she do that? After meeting people like Bringham who always wanted others to be happy and all he wanted was the simple life. There were also those like the fairy that had teased her on the rocks. She wouldn’t have to deal with her again but at the same time Linwe felt she could handle that. Then there was Seylin…

”What would happen to Seylin? May I talk to him?” She pulled up the courage to look into Marak’s eyes when she asked this.

The Crypt

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff