Reply It's A Girl Thing!
Ethnicity/Culture Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Akuma Dulcet

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:17 pm
Ah, well, my great-grandfather on my dad's side was Native American, but being the lazy person I am I've never actually looked into the culture..born in raised in the NC, which I hate because of its hillbilly-ness, which actually gave me a stupid western accent. DO NOT WANT. >.<  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:01 am
Well, my ethnicity is Hispanic,
but I was raised with my mother, who is white, so I guess my culture is mostly Caucasian with a bit of Mexican thrown in?
I'm really a mutt though. On my dad's side, I'm mostly Mexican/Hispanic and Italian, and my Mom's side is even more diverse. Lots of European thrown in, German, and Irish mostly. I even have a little royalty thrown in, because a princess decided to marry a bard.
I was born in Arizona [♥], but am now living in Texas.
I don't really have a culture,
I mean, I love Mexican food, especially chorizo, but nothing really authentic.
Heck, I think we almost eat more Texan food then anything else.
As for the holidays, we celebrate all the main ones. Nothing too special there.

alienli

Friendly Tipper

Seliece

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:36 pm
(I don't think I've posted here before, have I? xD;; )

I'm Taiwanese, born in the US. I speak Mandarin at home, but I also speak Taiwanese and English. I've gotta say that I love my culture. I love the food, the culture, the music, etc. I'm addicted to Taiwanese dramas and music, too, haha. SO GOOD.

I'm craving some homemade Chinese food now. ;_;

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:40 pm
My mother is full Armenian and my dad is half Spanish/White..

I basically tell people I'm Half Armenian Half White..

Like the Kardashians wink

Both of my mother's parents are Armenians from Turkey.

Territorial Art

Harley91594

Wheezing Lunatic

5,350 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:43 pm
I'm Mexican-American. My parents were born in Mexico and moved here a bit after they got married. My brother and I were born and raised in Illinois.
People always assume we eat Taco Bell because we are Mexican, and I think that's really rude. That's like saying all Italians eat pizza from Domino's every day, or that Chinese people eat at Panda Express. A restaurant can't have genuine cultural food unless the chef is from the culture the restaurant claims. Anyway...
We don't celebrate Las Posadas or Dia de los Reyes. We have plain ol' Chistmas with a tree and presents. But we don't have stockings, poinsettias or mistletoe all over the place, just a tree. : )
We celebrate other major holidays too, like Easter, Thanksgiving, and all that jazz. So yes, we are Hispanic and have assimilated into American culture. But we didn't lose our culture along the way.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:00 pm
I'm Korean American, born and raised in the United States. My parents immigrated from South Korea. My dad came when he was around thirteen and then went back got married and brought my mom over. I love being Korean. It's amazing. We have the best food ever and our traditions are pretty cool. I also love the Korean pop culture. It's very entrancing. hahaha. The only downside is that Koreans have a tendency to be overbearing when it comes to academic related stuff.  

faerie wisp

Infinite Pandora

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:19 pm
Do you realize all I've been through?

╔═════════════════════════════════════════════╗

•••I'm African American, German, Spanish/Latina, and American Indian. With a British accent, or so I'm told. But I have a speech problem, so I hate it when people catch me when I mess up my r's.
I was born and raised in California.
I don't know a lot of my cultures. My family just eats whatever we want...>.>;;

╚═════════════════════════════════════════════╝

Of course you don't, fool.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:22 pm
i was born in italy, raised in california, america. i'm agnostic, and unsure of my culture.  

Cold Oktober

LacrymosaVampiress22

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:52 am
im african american and some of native american. (moms side) idk what else i could be from my dad's side.
i think both of my parents are from wisconsin. at least i know my mom is.
im from here too.
um culture. i dont really know. i like many cultures and try to learn and do stuff from them. im into japanese more though since i wanna move there soon  
It's A Girl Thing!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff