Reply Passport Japan日本のパスポート
Pathetic Wapanese people Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

natoumi

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:57 pm
It's true that there are quite a bit of "wapanese" people who parade around, using one or two Japanese words, calling themselves Japanese. But not everyone is like that lol. I don't use Japanese unless I can complete a sentence. I usually only use it in everyday speech to relay information to my friends that I don't want others to hear. I'm learning because I want to be a linguist. I have tons of other languages I'm working on as well, and most are not east Asian. I cosplay and go to conventions for the fun experience. It's three days where you get to goof off with your friends, buy tons of neat stuff (I got a gorgeous corset last year), meet cool people, and learn some new things. And coincidentally, most of the Japanese things I like, such as Pokemon, I liked before I even knew they were Japanese. I was watching all kinds of anime when I was little and I loved the style and the story. (I'm not really big on anime anymore, but it used to command most of my television time.) I don't care what language something is in or what country it's from. What's neat is neat, what's fun is fun, and what's beautiful is beautiful. I could easily be as fascinated with Italy, for example, as I am with east Asia.

I'm sure the same goes for many other enthusiasts.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:33 am
natoumi
It's true that there are quite a bit of "wapanese" people who parade around, using one or two Japanese words, calling themselves Japanese. But not everyone is like that lol. I don't use Japanese unless I can complete a sentence. I usually only use it in everyday speech to relay information to my friends that I don't want others to hear. I'm learning because I want to be a linguist. I have tons of other languages I'm working on as well, and most are not east Asian. I cosplay and go to conventions for the fun experience. It's three days where you get to goof off with your friends, buy tons of neat stuff (I got a gorgeous corset last year), meet cool people, and learn some new things. And coincidentally, most of the Japanese things I like, such as Pokemon, I liked before I even knew they were Japanese. I was watching all kinds of anime when I was little and I loved the style and the story. (I'm not really big on anime anymore, but it used to command most of my television time.) I don't care what language something is in or what country it's from. What's neat is neat, what's fun is fun, and what's beautiful is beautiful. I could easily be as fascinated with Italy, for example, as I am with east Asia.

Me too, but my school does not offer japanese at all. So I mean, yes I;m probably catagorized as "Wanpanese" due to this, but I'f I found something( Rosetta stone is too expensive.) like that where I could learn quicker, I would also teach my friends so we would be able to do what you said. But since I can't, and I don't mind being called wanpanese, say it too me all you want. I just ;like anime and wish I could understand more.

But I can NEVER call myself japanese. I might get a dual citizenship, but I'll never be a true japanese. (My heritage has no ties with asia.)  

killerqueen121

3,000 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Explorer 0

musicgirl_19940

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:31 pm
i agree with you, (to a point), i differ slightly because i came to love japanese culture/language through anime (when i was a kid, i didn't know it was anime, but i loved it anyways!) and when i got older, that lead me to want to research Japanese culture and whatnot, and subsequently learn japanese,

at school, my friend is taking a Japanese class, and she's been teaching me a bit, if we're going to use japanese words, it's when we're actually speaking the language for practice.

when i graduate next year, my, as well as a few of my other friends are planning to go to Japan for a month! should be pretty awesome,

i love studying other countries' cultures and customs, it's really interesting!

i've also been studiyng the spanish, french, german, and swedish cultures, too!
they're all very fascinating!
but i do love the japanese culture! it's so fascinating!  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:06 pm
musicgirl_19940
i agree with you, (to a point), i differ slightly because i came to love japanese culture/language through anime (when i was a kid, i didn't know it was anime, but i loved it anyways!) and when i got older, that lead me to want to research Japanese culture and whatnot, and subsequently learn japanese,

at school, my friend is taking a Japanese class, and she's been teaching me a bit, if we're going to use japanese words, it's when we're actually speaking the language for practice.

when i graduate next year, my, as well as a few of my other friends are planning to go to Japan for a month! should be pretty awesome,

THAT'S THE POINT I MENT TOO!

We "Wanpanese," as we are called, are just intrested. Is that so bad? And yes, sometimes I call my sister a baka, but she would have been acting very stupid. And if were intrested, so what!  

killerqueen121

3,000 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Explorer 0

natoumi

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:34 am
killerqueen121
natoumi

Me too, but my school does not offer japanese at all. So I mean, yes I;m probably catagorized as "Wanpanese" due to this, but I'f I found something( Rosetta stone is too expensive.) like that where I could learn quicker, I would also teach my friends so we would be able to do what you said. But since I can't, and I don't mind being called wanpanese, say it too me all you want. I just ;like anime and wish I could understand more.

But I can NEVER call myself japanese. I might get a dual citizenship, but I'll never be a true japanese. (My heritage has no ties with asia.)
/late
My school doesn't offer Japanese either... I'm teaching myself and I've taught quite a bit to my friends.
I actually (successfully) translated a song the other day. 3nodding

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 5:36 am
Luckily I've never had any RL contact with weeaboos. I've seen and know some anime FANS, but not "OMG SEBA-KUN IS SOOOO KAWAII DO YOU WATCH HETALIA RUSSIA IS SOOOOO SUGOI" type weeaboos.

What about those who spell English language names out in katakana when using a non-Japanese language? Seven years after the scanlations you still get people calling Light from Death Note "Raito" and insisting Light is a dub name because a Japanese person can't have an English name, amirite? That annoys me.  

Jocund is Mello

Kuroneko 316

5,250 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:14 am
Jocund is Mello
Luckily I've never had any RL contact with weeaboos. I've seen and know some anime FANS, but not "OMG SEBA-KUN IS SOOOO KAWAII DO YOU WATCH HETALIA RUSSIA IS SOOOOO SUGOI" type weeaboos.

What about those who spell English language names out in katakana when using a non-Japanese language? Seven years after the scanlations you still get people calling Light from Death Note "Raito" and insisting Light is a dub name because a Japanese person can't have an English name, amirite? That annoys me.

Agree. People who combine English and Japanese are annoying.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:53 am
killerqueen121
natoumi

Quote:
I might be a "wanapanese" but i never say japanese things out loud... jus when im trying to write manga, sigh... but i have websites i use for such things...  

-x-VisuaL-k3I-x-fr3aK-x-

2,350 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Statustician 100
  • Hygienic 200

MatchaCosmos

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:22 pm
killerqueen121
natoumi

Japan doesn't allow dual citizenship after the age or 22. After you turn 22 they require that you choose either them or your native citizenship.

I've been looking into it because I'm wanting to marry a japanese man. they're going to make me choose between american and japanese. also they won't let me take his last name. I have to get married in america to take his last name and even then I won't get to take the kanji officially. But it beats keeping my family name.

my children will be allowed dual citizenship until they're 22 then they will have to choose. I'll probably advise them to keep american because America is ******** impossible to get into without jumping through hundreds of hoops.

But, after seven years of residing in japan on a spousal visa, I can apply for a permanent visa and stay in japan... but if you do that, just know that you still have to pay taxes to whatever country you're from as well as japanese taxes.

I've done my homework  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:28 pm
Jocund is Mello

they spell out Lights name in katakana because its not a japanese name and that is how the japanese people pronounce light. They have a difficult time distinguishing between Ls and Rs. my fiancée said it took him 4 years to be able to hear and say Ls and Rs differently. "light" and "right" sounded exactly the same to him. Oh and they can't end words that end in a consonant without adding the extra sound. It takes them a LOT of practice and a really good teacher to do that.

Technically using katakana is appropriate when spelling "Light"

I don't go over there and spell my name in Roman characters. I use katakana because most of them look at it and have no idea how to pronounce "Krista"  

MatchaCosmos

MatchaCosmos

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:33 pm
killerqueen121
musicgirl_19940

THAT'S THE POINT I MENT TOO!

We "Wanpanese," as we are called, are just intrested. Is that so bad? And yes, sometimes I call my sister a baka, but she would have been acting very stupid. And if were intrested, so what!

lol I'm in the advanced japanese classes at my university and my teacher asked mone of my classmates a question and when he answered incorrectly she was about to correct him and when she did he yelled "BAKA!" as loud as he could and our entire class laughed at him xDDD  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:14 pm
There is this unknown scent coming from the opposite one.
Although I can breathe normally, I seem to crumble eventually.
If you could love me deeper than just those words

I may be new to this thread, but I would like to give my opinion, for, like some people, I dislike it when people make fun or diss other countries because they're different.

Sure, they speak another language, but don't we all sound different to each other? You cut me, I bleed, you step on my hopes, I cry, you cut them, they bleed, you step on their hopes, guess what, they cry too.

Personally, I love to experience another countries culture, I plan to go to Tokyo, Spain, Ireland, many places just to experience it. Sure, I may not understand some languages or try to learn them and possibly sound ridiculous doing so xD; but hey, im human.

As for this "Wapanese" or wanna be Japanese, i've heard it before, there's "Wangsters" and much more, people can put on a cowboy hat and spurs and call themselves cowboys with some jersey accent. It makes no difference, like when we were all little, we all pretend to be some animal, or cowboy or indian or some loch ness monster. We're all human.

I, honestly, try to speak a language I just learned for quite a while, so I wont forget it, lol

My point, there's no point in arguing who's this and not that, we all want to learn, make friends, I know I do.

Wanna be my friend? User Image

I could believe only you standing before me.
In the suddenly showing past, the times we would touch,
Could not fill the fragile emptiness, floating on those tears.

Najira

Jellen-chan

6,100 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:26 pm
Jocund is Mello

Oh gawd, I hope I never meet a weaboo like that. I've been called one before, but I'm not really. Sure, I enjoy eating pocky and watching anime, and it's been my dream to visit Japan ever since I was a little kid, but I'm not a weaboo. xD I don't go "Omg! Thats so kawaii desu desu desu!! Nya!! Omg!!" like a stereotype weaboo. xD Actually, sometimes I am caught doing that... But mostly when me and my friend are talking about something adorable and go,"Sheild your eyes! It's too freakin' kawaii desu!! Desu!!" xD And then run off. Anyways, I got so off tra-- I'm not a weaboo.

: I But it is mean to be calling people that lol xD Some weaboos are probably nice, just not the super over the top ones.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:29 pm
@Najira- I agree xD I am sometimes caught practicing random Japanese words on my friends xD I mostly practice greetings though 0-0  

Jellen-chan

6,100 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • Generous 100

Nana Shinu Ai

7,200 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:44 pm
well i usually i start practicing some basic words in Japanese in the Japanese Academy guild because my mom never taught me that language when i was 3 or 11 years old.  
Passport Japan日本のパスポート

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff