Welcome to Gaia! ::

Team Snagem: A Pokemon RP

Back to Guilds

A Pokemon Roleplaying Guild offering a wide variety of features and characters. 

Tags: Gijinka, Snagem, Pokemon, Literate, Roleplay 

Reply Side RP Board
The Start of a Long Road Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 255 256 257 258 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:57 pm
Darksol88
It may not have been boldness or stupidity so much as Aden wanted them out of his hair, and declining the offer to battle was something of a poor choice. Trainers, of course, weren't obligated to battle in the event of crossing paths, but it was often accepted to do so if possible. A way of testing each others' skill, if anything.

Tweedle A, this being the creepy old man, looked like his arm might've broken as a Rattata was sent out.

Tweedle B, which looked slightly younger but with more... pronounced ears... sent out the same thing.

"...Um." He wasn't nervous about this. If anything, he felt kinda bad. "You don't have anything better?"

"Hehe, nope! Zat's one of dem top per... per... itz really good!"

"This kid said it was!"

He had to wonder what state of affairs these two were in, when he let his Nidoran and Poliwhirl out. "Last call."

They seemed oblivious to this attempt at keeping their Pokemon from being hurt too badly.

I sweatdropped then gave a heavy sigh to myself. For some reason, Im suddenly glad I never took the gym leader tour, if or anything, avoiding nitwits like THIS. Oh dear GOD, someone help me. Then again I got my fair share of 'dem ace trainas' that decided to pop in, and of course, I'd be the one that send them right back out.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:08 am
Aden thought about being a little lenient with these two, and let them have the first strike. He learned that this consisted of a pair of Tail Whips, to try and get his Pokemon to drop their guards by acting all cute.

Maybe he should let these two have a decent shot... nah. "Ice Beam to make a path, Double Kick... that.... that... I don't wanna know his name, let's call the noodle guy 'Durr'." If these two were top percentage or anything like that, there'd be no problems handling something like that. He was already thinking of ways that the maneuver might be avoided, and maybe even countered. Just required some good reflexes on the trainer's part, alongside their Pokemon.

He overestimated their capabilities. The Rattata just... stood there. And took the speeding Nidoran, thanks to an icy slick created by Poliwhirl. And cried out in pain. "You've gotta be kidding me... don't they have standards here!?" He knew he used to be almost that bad, but...  

Darksol88
Vice Captain

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:15 am
Darksol88
Aden thought about being a little lenient with these two, and let them have the first strike. He learned that this consisted of a pair of Tail Whips, to try and get his Pokemon to drop their guards by acting all cute.

Maybe he should let these two have a decent shot... nah. "Ice Beam to make a path, Double Kick... that.... that... I don't wanna know his name, let's call the noodle guy 'Durr'." If these two were top percentage or anything like that, there'd be no problems handling something like that. He was already thinking of ways that the maneuver might be avoided, and maybe even countered. Just required some good reflexes on the trainer's part, alongside their Pokemon.

He overestimated their capabilities. The Rattata just... stood there. And took the speeding Nidoran, thanks to an icy slick created by Poliwhirl. And cried out in pain. "You've gotta be kidding me... don't they have standards here!?" He knew he used to be almost that bad, but...

I checked my watch for a moment as Aden made his way in shutting down the likes of the two Rattata. This was going to be quick. "There are going to be fights like these, Aden." I said to him. "The standards as you put them may or may not be all that high."  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:30 am
"But..." Aden sounded a little disappointed. He was expecting something a little more challenging. But maybe it was better if such a thing was saved for the gym. If he had gotten there with his Pokemon exhausted, he'd need to postpone things. "I'll just keep that in mind..."

The Rattata that was attacked? It wasn't going to be continuing this fight. 'Durr' didn't seem to really notice, and was cheering the fallen Pokemon on.

"Ah well. C'mon, go for-"

"Quick Attaaaack~!"

Suddenly, his Nidoran was sucker punched by a speeding Rattata. It missed the horn on his head, however, and avoided being poisoned. Poliwhirl wasn't fond of letting this stand, and looked to Aden before acting.

Getting a nod, Poliwhirl soaked some of the ground and let the torrent of water shoot the resulting mud in the other.... let's call this one Hurr. Anyway, it went for the Rattata's face while it boasted.  

Darksol88
Vice Captain

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:43 am
"Keep in mind though that there are trainers out there that WILL give you a run for your money though. Think of this as merely...um. A prelude?" I asked as I watched his Pokemon started to trounce on the two Rattata. God these opponents kind of...yeech. Top percentage of Rattata my hide.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:55 pm
"I think Falkner might be more of a prelude than... this..." Aden said, cringing as the poor Rattata ran from the attack and clung to his poor excuse of a trainer. At least he wasn't hit. "Can we just call this a draw? Please? I think your Rattata's scared..."

"Shut yer mouth, ya little pixie, he just wants 'im sum affection!"

Aden's stance grew rigid, and he didn't sound to be all that pleased. Sure, he's been called a fairy before and all, but that was just insulting. "...He didn't just call me... okay, finish it, I shall. Hydro Pump, Horn Attack. NOW."

The Rattata would soon find a Nidoran being propelled to it at a frightening pace, sent there by the very water Poliwhirl spewed. They tried to leave Hurr unscathed, but he was likely to end up soaked anyway. Oh well, maybe the guy will learn to hold his tongue.  

Darksol88
Vice Captain

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:23 pm
Apparently along with that spine Aden grew over the years, so did a fiery temper to go along with his demeanor. I can't help but to wonder if I am at fault for this a little. "Eheheheh." I rubbed the back of my head as the trainer started to run off. "I think we better get to the gym now before we find any more like them." I said to Aden. "I can at least attest to the fact that the Gym Leader there, as well as the apprentice, isn't anywhere near as bad as that. Otherwise I don't think I'd like being part of the gym system anyhow...though there is Chuck..." I then mused. Ugh. Stupid. Fighting. Gym leader. Urrrgh.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:31 pm
"His fault. I know I've been called names like that before, but pixie was just a bit much." Aden said, recalling his Pokemon and heading on. He wasn't concerned about the typical exchange, where trainers would sometimes give some of their funds to the winner. But he didn't want squat from those two. "Anyway, what's this about Chuck? I know you said a little about him way before I was able to go and get licensed."  

Darksol88
Vice Captain

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:36 pm
Darksol88
"His fault. I know I've been called names like that before, but pixie was just a bit much." Aden said, recalling his Pokemon and heading on. He wasn't concerned about the typical exchange, where trainers would sometimes give some of their funds to the winner. But he didn't want squat from those two. "Anyway, what's this about Chuck? I know you said a little about him way before I was able to go and get licensed."

"If you were to go in the typical order that trainers take when taking the gym tour, Chuck would pretty much be your fifth Gym challenge." I said. "He runs the fighting type gym in Cianwood City, and...well. Calling him a muscle head is a bit nice." I said. "You'll see what I mean whenever we get around to there."  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:48 pm
"I'm suddenly afraid to. And yet, you were thinking of me sparring there..." At least they finally were in the city now, and hopefully away from any other nitwits. Anything would be better than those two were...  

Darksol88
Vice Captain

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:07 pm
Darksol88
"I'm suddenly afraid to. And yet, you were thinking of me sparring there..." At least they finally were in the city now, and hopefully away from any other nitwits. Anything would be better than those two were...

"At the time, that was just for you to start off with. You may be much better off now." I said as we started to make our way into the depths of Violet City.

Like with Ecruteak, it had a old rustic charm to it. There were a couple of things that stood out in a place like this. At the far north, stood one tower. The Sprout Tower to be exact, and if one looked close enough, the tower seemed to have swayed just as a Bellsprout would. If anything, however, the center pillar, if Aden were to look one of these days, did sway.

Nearly as tall as Sprout tower would be the Violet City gym. It almost stuck out like a sore thumb admittingly, but regardless, the tower was fitting for the fights Aden was soon to about to take part in.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:27 pm
"Well, true. Still a shame that couldn't be worked out-" It didn't take long for Aden to notice the two towering structures. The style of the city wasn't anything too unusual after being around Ecruteak for so long, but seeing that was a bit of culture shock. If not for the type, he'd have questioned the idea of such a huge gym.  

Darksol88
Vice Captain

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:42 pm
Darksol88
"Well, true. Still a shame that couldn't be worked out-" It didn't take long for Aden to notice the two towering structures. The style of the city wasn't anything too unusual after being around Ecruteak for so long, but seeing that was a bit of culture shock. If not for the type, he'd have questioned the idea of such a huge gym.

"Ahhhh. Its been a long time since I made my way around these parts. Its a nice reprieve really." I said to him. "Anyways, lets go say 'Hi' to Falker and his apprentice. Or given that its fairly late in the afternoon now. Would you prefer lunch?" I asked. "Doesn't matter to me."  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:20 pm
"I guess, other than towers that make me feel smaller than they should." He wouldn't be getting over this fact any time soon. Or the rapid realization that he might want to look into something capable of flight later. "I think I'd rather try and get things started now, though. If he's not there, then we'll think of something else."  

Darksol88
Vice Captain

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:24 pm
Darksol88
"I guess, other than towers that make me feel smaller than they should." He wouldn't be getting over this fact any time soon. Or the rapid realization that he might want to look into something capable of flight later. "I think I'd rather try and get things started now, though. If he's not there, then we'll think of something else."

"Oh he's more than likely there. Falkner is a bit on the disciplined side, just like my teacher. There are those few Gym Leader's admittingly that will be out more often than not. Bugsy for instance." I said to him. "Anyways, alright then, let's get going to the gym." I said to him, walking off towards the Gym.

"Keep in mind, something Aden. You know how it was fighting against, me. Right? Fighting these gyms are something similar. I'm not going to out right say that they are going to be any more or less difficult, but you will be dealing with guys that are a lot more experienced in Pokemon battling. They might not know the whole chi scheme of things like you and I do for the time being, but that doesn't necessarily make them no less of a threat. Understand?"  
Side RP Board

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 255 256 257 258 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff