Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Magical Name Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Deoridhe
Crew

Fashionable Fairy

11,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 1:22 pm
Noble_Nogitsune
There are many things that can be used to trigger such a state. I believe there is a term floating around called "anchoring", which is using various things to trigger a reaction in the brain to cause something. It may be a psionics term, if I'm not mistaken, but I believe it can be used to apply to this, as it's the effect it's after, not so much how it can be used.

Anchoring originates in Neural Linguistic Programming. It was the idea that we could, essentially, condition ourselves. It's somewhat accurate - as conditioning in humans can be strong - but humans are more capable than other animals in reconditioning themselves. NLP was big in the 70s and early 80s.  
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 10:43 am
AniMajor
I don't understand why someone would purposefully label themselves in a way where people will not judge them fairly.
I'm having huge trouble unpacking this statement. Maybe because to do otherwise may promote unwelcome homogenization in relationship to a dominant social group? Or because it can be a way of signaling to like-minded others among a generally hostile population? Or because the responsibility for the judgment may be on the judger and not the judged?  

TheDisreputableDog

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces