Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
There has to be more Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 5:42 pm
Sophist

I'm assuming when you say hyphenated forms you're talking about syncretization. I was under the impression that the extra -et hieroglyphic symbol denoted a feminine form rather than diminutive, although I have heard your argument as well.
I've seen both contextualized within the commentary of Ancient Egyptian gender roles.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 5:47 pm
TeaDidikai
Sophist

I'm assuming when you say hyphenated forms you're talking about syncretization. I was under the impression that the extra -et hieroglyphic symbol denoted a feminine form rather than diminutive, although I have heard your argument as well.
I've seen both contextualized within the commentary of Ancient Egyptian gender roles.

Hmm...did your prof pull from any particular secondary texts? I have a few books on women in Ancient Egypt and have yet to scour them for religious commentary in the area of the conceptualization of female deities.  

Bastemhet

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 8:40 am
Sophist
TeaDidikai
Sophist

Hmm...did your prof pull from any particular secondary texts? I have a few books on women in Ancient Egypt and have yet to scour them for religious commentary in the area of the conceptualization of female deities.
I have emails into two professors, a former classmate and a friend who minored in it to see what they can turn up.

I'll let you know when they get back to me.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:43 pm
TeaDidikai
Sophist
TeaDidikai
Sophist

I have emails into two professors, a former classmate and a friend who minored in it to see what they can turn up.

I'll let you know when they get back to me.

Thanks! Much appreciated.  

Bastemhet

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:17 am
So my classmate has long since thrown away their notes...

And I haven't heard back from the other three. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:35 am
TeaDidikai
So my classmate has long since thrown away their notes...

And I haven't heard back from the other three. sweatdrop

Ah. Too bad, would've loved to see further discussion of gender roles in ancient Egypt. Life happens. Thanks, anyway. 3nodding  

Bastemhet

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:54 pm
I'm holding out hope they are just really busy and will get back to me shortly.

I know one of them just got married- he may still be on his honeymoon.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff