Submit

Neferet -House of Night-

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 3:20 am
Gerbil_of_the_Vashness
Dark Angel Rai
OneWithDunamis
Ricette
OneWithDunamis

But since I don't find joy in sacrificing goats and drinking blood, I'm pretty certain Satan's wrong.
Really now? You know for certain Satan is all wrong about it all? Who are you? God? Now if its your opinion, then thats your opinion. To others Satan has it right. Who says what you or I or anyone thinks is the definate right or wrong answer or way?

So everything is subjective then? If that's what you think I'd have to disagree, simply because it's illogical.

As well, if it is true happiness that's in question, and true happiness is not achieved through the things mentioned above, then it's simply not true. If Satan is talking about emotions here and that's not universally true for all who do those things, then my opinion does matter because in this case it reflects my emotions, which is a crucial factor in Satan's claim. If drinking blood is supposed to make me truly happy and it doesn't, then he's clearly not correct.
According to Sociology, good and bad, right and wrong are subjective and vary from culture to culture, religion to religion.
that may be true, but does the individual not also decide for HIM/HERSELF what THEY percieve as right or wrong?
It's what society perceive that is right or wrong. Society is what creates all the social norms (folkways and mores) whereas it's up to the individual to follow those social norms.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 9:24 am
so the only controll an individual has over what they percieve as right or wrong is a conformity issue?  

Gerbil_of_the_Vashness

Lady Loiterer

Neferet -House of Night-

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 11:23 am
Gerbil_of_the_Vashness
so the only controll an individual has over what they percieve as right or wrong is a conformity issue?
Pretty much. Sociology is a very interesting subject.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 11:46 am
OneWithDunamis
divineseraph
OneWithDunamis
Kapplar
rainstar123
God is real!And if you dont belive it when Jesus comes then you go to hell.

So you believe in God because he threatens you into believing in him? Is this a religion or a cult?
If it's true, does it matter what one calls it? If God exists and God says those who don't believe in Him go to hell, whether we believe it or not is irrelevant if it's true. I can choose not to believe in the laws of physics, but I can't choose to float in mid air indefinitely on my own.

Yes, but Satan says that the TRUE way to eternal happiness is through him, and through sacrificing goats and drinking blood. By the same logic, you should believe Satan too, since it's irrelevant wether or not you believe, it could still be true.

But since I don't find joy in sacrificing goats and drinking blood, I'm pretty certain Satan's wrong.

You also don't find joy in being the subjugated one, the downtrodden, the beggar, the poor, as Jesus asks us to be. The reward is in the afterlife, and if Satan claims to have a better infinite gain, then by Pascal's logic, you must go with Satan.  

divineseraph

Kazydi

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:04 pm
Kapplar
oh wait nevermind he doesn't exist

Either way, people sure love to call on Him when they've hit rock bottom.

Besides dude, a post like that is most definitely NOT what these forums are about. They are for believers to come and have fellowship, and for non-believers to ask any questions that they may have. So far, all you have done is tried to start up a confrontation because you are bored and lonely and feel like fighting someone.

Are you lonely?? I'll be your friend. Oh darn, I forgot, Christians can't have a sense of humor!! *Cuts of arm* Dear Lord, please forgive me!!!

xd  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 2:36 pm
Dark Angel Rai
Gerbil_of_the_Vashness
then i disagree with sociology.  

Gerbil_of_the_Vashness

Lady Loiterer

Neferet -House of Night-

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 5:30 pm
Gerbil_of_the_Vashness
Dark Angel Rai
Gerbil_of_the_Vashness
Sociology is the study of the group and society. So you disagree with society?  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 10:10 pm
Kazydi
Kapplar
oh wait nevermind he doesn't exist

Either way, people sure love to call on Him when they've hit rock bottom.

Besides dude, a post like that is most definitely NOT what these forums are about. They are for believers to come and have fellowship, and for non-believers to ask any questions that they may have. So far, all you have done is tried to start up a confrontation because you are bored and lonely and feel like fighting someone.

Are you lonely?? I'll be your friend. Oh darn, I forgot, Christians can't have a sense of humor!! *Cuts of arm* Dear Lord, please forgive me!!!

xd

Actually guild description welcomes anyone, Christian or not, to have fellowship or to ask questions and learn about this religion.  

Ricette

KyosKitten

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:51 am
divineseraph
Aww, man, bummer about your god. Good news though, our God exists. Feel free to stop on by and check him out, he goes by YHWH.

HIGH FIVE!!! AMEN!!

Amen brother, amen :]  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:39 am
Dark Angel Rai
Gerbil_of_the_Vashness
Dark Angel Rai
Gerbil_of_the_Vashness
i guess so. most people would agree that i'm a little off my rocker. blaugh  

Gerbil_of_the_Vashness

Lady Loiterer

Kazydi

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:53 am
KyosKitten
divineseraph
Aww, man, bummer about your god. Good news though, our God exists. Feel free to stop on by and check him out, he goes by YHWH.

HIGH FIVE!!! AMEN!!

Amen brother, amen :]

Seconded. ninja  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 2:04 pm
divineseraph
OneWithDunamis
divineseraph
OneWithDunamis
Kapplar
rainstar123
God is real!And if you dont belive it when Jesus comes then you go to hell.

So you believe in God because he threatens you into believing in him? Is this a religion or a cult?
If it's true, does it matter what one calls it? If God exists and God says those who don't believe in Him go to hell, whether we believe it or not is irrelevant if it's true. I can choose not to believe in the laws of physics, but I can't choose to float in mid air indefinitely on my own.

Yes, but Satan says that the TRUE way to eternal happiness is through him, and through sacrificing goats and drinking blood. By the same logic, you should believe Satan too, since it's irrelevant wether or not you believe, it could still be true.

You also don't find joy in being the subjugated one, the downtrodden, the beggar, the poor, as Jesus asks us to be. The reward is in the afterlife, and if Satan claims to have a better infinite gain, then by Pascal's logic, you must go with Satan.

But a person's happiness is crucial in determining whether Satan's claim has any merits. If there is no joy, Satan's claim is false. Jesus offers eternal life. It's not about joy. So whether I'm happy or not is not the point.  

OneWithDunamis

OneWithDunamis

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 2:05 pm
Gerbil_of_the_Vashness
Dark Angel Rai
Gerbil_of_the_Vashness
Dark Angel Rai
Gerbil_of_the_Vashness
It's ok. So was Jesus in the eyes of the people in His time.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 7:45 pm
OneWithDunamis
Gerbil_of_the_Vashness
Dark Angel Rai
Gerbil_of_the_Vashness
Dark Angel Rai
Gerbil_of_the_Vashness
i wouldn't compare myself with Jesus, but it's nice to know my craziness is accepted.  

Gerbil_of_the_Vashness

Lady Loiterer

OneWithDunamis

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 9:03 pm
Gerbil_of_the_Vashness
OneWithDunamis
Gerbil_of_the_Vashness
Dark Angel Rai
Gerbil_of_the_Vashness
i wouldn't compare myself with Jesus, but it's nice to know my craziness is accepted.
Well we're supposed to live like Him, no? biggrin  
*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces