Welcome to Gaia! ::

Children of the Night

Back to Guilds

A role playing guild with discussions about games and other things! 

Tags: Legend of Zelda, Escaflowne, Castlevania, Inuyasha, Vampire Hunter D 

Reply Retired Threads
ZOMG! A big contest! =0 {Winners in First Post} Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Art
  I love it!
  Who needs it? An imagination is a waste of time...
  {Pokes person above me with a sharp pointy hot stick} xP
View Results

xo-Snow White Queen-xo

5,300 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:16 am
I thought that Soma's was pretty good. I would love to know what happens next.

And Wavemistress' is pretty good as well. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:36 am
I think I'll give this contest about two more weeks.  

Draculas-Mistress
Captain

9,500 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

0Richter-Belmont0

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 2:37 pm
I do apologise if my good natured compliment went slightly astray Wavemistress. Your writing style is very good and highly developed and all I meant to convey was that you had the skills of a published writer, even though I myself am neither a fan or hater of Sara Paretsky's work.

Unfortunately Xetsway I am more a dedicated writer of dissertations than that of novels. I have a studious mind not an imaginative one. sweatdrop So there wont be any competition from me I'm sorry to say. sweatdrop

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 2:51 pm
Urgh...dissertations. I'm so glad that's behind us, eh Richter? I can have a welcome break from studies! mrgreen at least for a while anyway.  

SomaCruz-darklord
Crew

Draculas-Mistress
Captain

9,500 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:03 pm
Awe...well I do hope that we get more people to enter.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:56 pm
They way you write, Richter, gives you your own voice. Weither you use it or not is your own choice but do not waste a talent such as yours. It is possible for you to write a story, everyone can. Just be creative about it, for instance, what is your favorite genre of books?  

Xetsway

xo-Snow White Queen-xo

5,300 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:14 pm
Awe I'm sorry to hear you say that Richter, but if you don't want to enter that's just fine. ^_^
I bet the Mistress will do a drawing contest soon. 3nodding
Maybe you would like to enter that. smile

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:25 pm
Drawing? Eh... heh... Yeah that'd be something I wouldn't be in. Richter I think that may be your forte (There is no apostrophe so it looks like the feminine form of strong in french lol)  

Xetsway

Kanashimi-Fuyu

3,800 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Consumer 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:28 pm
December 21st, the longest night of the year. Stepping into the cold night was a beautiful young woman with wavy white- blond hair that barely passed her waist. Her eyes were a crystal blue with a hint of grey which gowed in the moonlight that bathed her in its natual glow. Her nimbled finers did their best to cluch her coat tighter to her thin bosy trying to keep the cold out and the warmth in. But there was something she had t do, and this was the only night she could do it.

She alked several blocks until she reached the cemetary on main street and proceeded to walk down the cobblestone path that ened when she reached the woods. The city wasn't a safe place in the park et alone a cemetary yet she couldn't ring herself to leave. Gathering her courage she began to push past the frozen rose thorns hanging off of naked tree brances that were atleast two inches thick.

Her grunting alerted a figure sitting atop a headstone that ovelooked a labrynth a few paces in front of hm. His black hair spiked in different directions een overapping other locks of hair andbarely moved when anther gust of wind blew past him. His once black eyes were now a ghost like white in contrast to his green ones. It was a birthright to him after his second birth setting him apart from other humans in the world now days. It was a birthright he couldn't turn off either.

He turned his head to look where the sound had been coming from and just as he uttered her name she appeared thrugh the foliage.

"Sara-"He all but whispered. His sharp features took her breath away as always and she couldn't help feelig a bit liht headed.

"Xak, I knew I'd find you here, why didn't you come over?" She asked with worry laced in every word she spoke.

He looked away and gazed at the moon that was swollen with light and appeared closer to earth that night. It was beautiful. But it also meant he'd have to feed.

"It's a full moon tonight you shouldn't be here. Go home."

His clipped tone left her speechless and annoyed. Her eyes gained that firey light that he was entranced by as she glared at him in full blown fury.

"You don't tell me what to do, I was merely concerned about you and..." She stopped mid sentence and tuned away with a blush.

Xak placed both of his fee on the ground and stood up from the headstne standing to his full height that was a good 6'1.

"What were ou going to say?"

She could here the smugness in his voice at her concern for him.

"And, that I hope.. you... get warm. Jeez don't you ever get cold?!"
"I'm dead and so is all feeling to me."

She didn't understandwhy those word hurt her so much. Xak coud see something flash in her eyes at that moment. Did he make her feel ba? Why did he even care? He never wanted to be friends with ehr in he firt place since he transferred to this large city with nothing to offer him in all the years hes been alive.

"So then you won't mind feeding from me."

All concern for her was lost.

"No. I will not."
"Why not?"

He turned away from her. Sara immediately ran in front o him.

"You feed from other people who are unwilling yet when someone offers a part of their life to you, you just turn tem down?"
"It's not that easy Sara."
"Nothing in life is ever easy-"
"Why are you so persistant about this huh?! You kow I have no control over the out come and yet you!- Ugh."

Xak held his head in a tight grip as a pin in his head swept through out his head.

"Xak!!!" Sara shouted as she kneeled in front of him. "How long has it been since you lt fed?"
"None...of your...business." He gritted out.

Sara hted to see him in pain like this, it only made her heart cry out for him.

"Xak, the reason wy I want you to feed from meis because... I want to forget."

The raven haired boy looked up at her from his crouched position on the frozen ground trying to blck out the ain in his head and listen to her at the same time.

"I want to foget aout this lifeand if... and if you happen to take all of me than maybe... I'll be with you always even if-"

Her blue eyes widened in surprise to find his lips on hers with her wrists tightly gripped in his large hands. He pressed his lips harder to hers before pulling back to reveal his green eyes only now his irises were sourrounded by an erie white glow.

"I couldn't do that to you, you know that." He gritted through clenched teeth.
"Why?" She whispered seaching hiseyes for something that might be real.

He gently placed her left palm over his and closed his eyes. For a second she was curious as to what he was doing and then she felt a light pull in her chest. Slowly her breath began to escape her.

"What is this..."
"Sara, I may look like a vampire to you and in ways I am. I have e fangs, longevity, and they unique yes but I don't drink blood." Her eyes began to glaze over. "I eat souls Sara and soon your world would turn black ad if I don't control how much I take-" He let go over her palm and nstantly her stifned amrelaxed. She began to fall backwards but never made it to hit the floo bcause h held her in a coforting embrace.

"If I don't control how much of your soul I take you may die and get loked away in the worst mory of your life."

Her body went lp in his arms and her lips began to turn and interesing shade of blue. Placing his lips on her once more, he carried ehr bridal style back to her empty aparment full of broken glass, a beaten mother, and a drunk father...

Sorry about the spelling errors I have been working nearly 40 hrs or more at work and I am tired!!!! hope everyone enjoyed this sack of lameness but I wanted to try!!! smile  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:48 pm
another thing is is that my key board is a little broken...no lie. as I type I'm going over this like 30 times to get the words spelled right.......  

Kanashimi-Fuyu

3,800 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Consumer 100

Dreamis-Tepes

5,500 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Market Browser 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 7:42 am
Kanashimi-Fuyu
another thing is is that my key board is a little broken...no lie. as I type I'm going over this like 30 times to get the words spelled right.......

I know of your pain.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 8:08 am
It was a good story. hey it's better than your keyboard blowing up right?  

Xetsway

Draculas-Mistress
Captain

9,500 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 8:20 am
I like the amount of detail in your story. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 2:12 pm
It was a good story... Wow my story sucked... A lot.. crying Why did I choose that story? I couldda submitted the Transformer one or the Lord of the Rings one with the race I created... Oh well, there's another time.  

Xetsway

Draculas-Mistress
Captain

9,500 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 3:48 pm
I'll probably make another contest like this...it will be a little bit though.  
Retired Threads

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff