12%
 12%  [ 8 ]
None
44%
 44%  [ 28 ]
Total Votes : 63

DreXxiN

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 1:58 pm
When They say we see God through Jesus, do you really take it literally?

And the person who contradicted themself saying that God is female because he is nurturing, but later complained about stereotypical gender roles, this is for you. *Facepalm*.

Quote:
OK. Who wrote the Bible? MAN.
And MAN has his own opinions.
That's why that book is Biased.
It's not that complicated.

Oh interesting, someone comes out and claims the bible isn't perfect and is written by mortals.  
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 9:08 pm
Well if "God" exists, its a guy. Why else would the world be so messed up? Honestly.

And on the bible I keep seeing in here, it was written by MAN. Who, by nature, is fallible. Sure your God has some sort of grand cosmic scheme, but, humans can still screw with the written words. Every book has its flavor, every book has its voice, but, it was not sent from the clouds. It was written by people to record rough spots, hopeful spots, and inspirational spots in history. Simple. And I don't "claim" this. I KNOW it because you need to look at human nature. We screw up everything to some extent.  

Ricette

gigi-lin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:43 pm
I agree that God is genderless or encompasses both. I believe the reason we see reference to male gender components in the bible os becuase of the anciet culture. Think about it.... the hebrews were patrilineal... meaning they traced bloodlines thru the father of the family. the father is the head of the house hold and responsible for their well being. God the Father. Sons are expected to take over this role when fathers are out of the picture( one reason we are suppossed to care for widows) men were technically the ones allowed to speak. (okay we all know about Deborah and Miriam and etc....this is one of those little human added things)God the Son. Had Jesus been a woman, she would have been married off in her early teens and possibly stoned much less run out of town and disgraced for teaching. It just would not have worked the same. Other than this.... genderizing God has no point.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 5:14 pm
...does it really matter?  

Siren of Saturn

Siren of Saturn

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 5:15 pm
gigi-lin
I agree that God is genderless or encompasses both. I believe the reason we see reference to male gender components in the bible os becuase of the anciet culture. Think about it.... the hebrews were patrilineal... meaning they traced bloodlines thru the father of the family. the father is the head of the house hold and responsible for their well being. God the Father. Sons are expected to take over this role when fathers are out of the picture( one reason we are suppossed to care for widows) men were technically the ones allowed to speak. (okay we all know about Deborah and Miriam and etc....this is one of those little human added things)God the Son. Had Jesus been a woman, she would have been married off in her early teens and possibly stoned much less run out of town and disgraced for teaching. It just would not have worked the same. Other than this.... genderizing God has no point.

i agree with her. ^^. hence my "does it really matter".  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:03 am
What does it matter? God is God and will never change. God can also be anything and do anything so like I said, it doesn't matter.  

wafl_boy9000

TheBoyBrushedInRed

Dedicated Millionaire

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:02 am
well you see
us humans canot understand what god realy is,so he came up with a way to best refer to him father because we are his children.
he is neither male or femal its just we wouldnt understand otherwise

i mean a timeless god who is neither male or female?
how complicated is that?
xD  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:07 am
Ricette
Well if "God" exists, its a guy. Why else would the world be so messed up? Honestly.

And on the bible I keep seeing in here, it was written by MAN. Who, by nature, is fallible. Sure your God has some sort of grand cosmic scheme, but, humans can still screw with the written words. Every book has its flavor, every book has its voice, but, it was not sent from the clouds. It was written by people to record rough spots, hopeful spots, and inspirational spots in history. Simple. And I don't "claim" this. I KNOW it because you need to look at human nature. We screw up everything to some extent.

Man can not defy God like that
they cant change Gods words
Its just illogical
o.O  

TheBoyBrushedInRed

Dedicated Millionaire

TheBoyBrushedInRed

Dedicated Millionaire

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:09 am
Siren of Saturn
gigi-lin

i agree with her. ^^. hence my "does it really matter".

actually God is the one who wrote the bible through man
we just need something to refer to or else we wont understand  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:35 pm
the bible never says that god really has a gender, but they do refer to god as 'him' and 'he'  

yashua_freak

Ricette

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:34 pm
The T Bone
Ricette

Man can not defy God like that
they cant change Gods words
Its just illogical
o.O
Man has and will continue to defy God. The bible is just the first of many. God cannot make man write it all perfect. I mean look at all the versions and how many different translations of certain things in the bible.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:11 am
god has no gender he can be all that god wants to b ,god created the world in its image and thats the answer god is all gender and god is all race the world was blessed by its will  

crystalxdarc

Gambol

Shy Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:18 am
Ricette:
I don't think it's a matter of "cannot".
I think it's a matter of "chose not".

Anyway, the way God chooses to express His words is through the vehicle of man and his writing.
Man is not perfect - so how can man express the concept of perfection?
Therefore, the way God expresses himself is adequate for our understanding. Not perfect, but not lacking in an inspired way.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:51 am
crystalxdarc
god has no gender he can be all that god wants to b ,god created the world in its image and thats the answer god is all gender and god is all race the world was blessed by its will

if God is genderless...then why do you call God "he"...  

lordstar

divineseraph

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 1:41 pm
lordstar
crystalxdarc

if God is genderless...then why do you call God "he"...

Because mortals will always try to explain things they don't understand with things they do understand.

Something strong enough to craft the entire world? Must be a man. Same reason people think it's a woman- Only women can give birth to new lives.

I don't think God has a gender, and I also don't think it matters what gender people apply to God. God can be a man or a woman, and can have one face, three faces or several hundred faces. God's work remains the same.  
*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff