Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Who's your spirit guide? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

[Feather]s Soul

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 7:13 pm
Jono Geo
"~-Well you your self said that when you see the Jackle that you feel Aura. I am guessing it is her way of dissuading you from doing some thing. Though in a way that You cannot blame her. Just your words and my theories. In the spirit realm there cannot be much 'proof' only feelings. It shall, it shall..-~"
Maybe I typo'd, I meant o say that I didn't feel her around when the jackle is. And if it is her, I don't blame her for anything.

But as for the 'proof', I've been given more 'proof' than just feelings before.

[Edit]
I
The jackle being her is an assumption because I never feel Aura around when I see the jackle.
neutral Just more randomness to add to why dog-like things want me dead. sweatdrop Random dream refrence, ignore that sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 1:55 am
[Feather]s Soul
Jono Geo
"~-Well you your self said that when you see the Jackle that you feel Aura. I am guessing it is her way of dissuading you from doing some thing. Though in a way that You cannot blame her. Just your words and my theories. In the spirit realm there cannot be much 'proof' only feelings. It shall, it shall..-~"
Maybe I typo'd, I meant o say that I didn't feel her around when the jackle is. And if it is her, I don't blame her for anything.

But as for the 'proof', I've been given more 'proof' than just feelings before.

[Edit]
I
The jackle being her is an assumption because I never feel Aura around when I see the jackle.
neutral Just more randomness to add to why dog-like things want me dead. sweatdrop Random dream refrence, ignore that sweatdrop

"~-Supose in my random way I answered that.. Seem like a protector more than malevolent.

To me in My Life there is the full blown conclusive feeling and then there are coincidences... I have the feelings less often then the events that string together.
-~"  

Jono Geo

miserabelle

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 3:35 pm
Personally I make it a rule to be wary around things that won't show themselves to me. I don't think I'd like it... at all.

I don't know who my spirit guides are, I used to see, and get a lot more from my meditation than I do now. I never really worked on it though so I'm in the process of beginning to get everything that I lost back again.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 3:57 pm
eiry
Personally I make it a rule to be wary around things that won't show themselves to me. I don't think I'd like it... at all.

I don't know who my spirit guides are, I used to see, and get a lot more from my meditation than I do now. I never really worked on it though so I'm in the process of beginning to get everything that I lost back again.

Yeah, it's probably good practice to be weary around things that do not show themselves.

I had a problem similar to yours at one time. As most kids, I'd believe 100% in things magical and dabbled in the Craft (even though I was ignorant of what it was called) since the time I left the church. Then school and adulthood kicked in, where everybody tells you magic is nonsense. I stoped doing things magical as much, though I did keep spirit guides through the whole thing. Like you, I lost some of the skills I had earlier and find myself having to get them back again.

It should come back eventually. It is for me. Just keep working on it! 3nodding  

Starlock

miserabelle

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 10:47 am
Starlock
It should come back eventually. It is for me. Just keep working on it! 3nodding

I'm glad it's not just me then 3nodding

It's really frustrating though, I was so used to just seeing things, people... and now I can't even get clear pictures when I meditate. Heh. I'll give it time.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 11:40 am
How do you find your spirit guides?  

Midnight Divine

Reijin-chan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 7:28 pm
Sparkle_n_Flare

I was taught a meditation, where you walk into a garden, and sit there and wait for one to come. It also works for power animals. If you're interested, I could get the verbatim for you. But I'm sure you could use other meditations as well.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 9:13 pm
eiry
*nods* But what if there was never a reason to fear it? I know is sounds like I'm too trusting, but I am. And then the question that is asked right before something bad happens, "Why would something want to hurt me?" ((*snickers*))

eiry
I agree with Reijin, give it time and practice. It should come back.  

[Feather]s Soul

Jono Geo

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 5:09 pm
Reijin-chan
Sparkle_n_Flare

I was taught a meditation, where you walk into a garden, and sit there and wait for one to come. It also works for power animals. If you're interested, I could get the verbatim for you. But I'm sure you could use other meditations as well.

"~-Sounds interesting to me if not any one else... I would like to see the original skripts.-~"
((I like that word Verbatim!))  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 7:05 pm
Little Teacup Storm
xp Maybe the term spirit guide is a little too specific. But I'm not sure how else to describe the primary non-physical person with one whom has contact. Whether this is a deity who sends you messages in a particular way, a more minor "helping" spirit whose presence you note in daily life, or something closer to a guardian spirit who warns or instructs you-- Do you have aguide of this or some other kind? How did you first get in contact with him/her/it/them? What constitutes your interaction on a typical day?

Yes, I have a guardian. . .well, he's a jackal. But he at times appears to me as a wolf. . .mainly a jackal though. All black with the tall ears, like the ones who are so commonly refered to with the Egyptians. His name, ironically enough, is Anubis. . .not to be mistaken for the Egyptian God.

I can't remember he's always been with me, like a guide. . . but he just started appearing more frequently for the last year or so. . .when I became even more open-minded to everything.

MidnightsMirror

miserabelle

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 1:19 am
[Feather]s Soul
eiry
*nods* But what if there was never a reason to fear it? I know is sounds like I'm too trusting, but I am. And then the question that is asked right before something bad happens, "Why would something want to hurt me?" ((*snickers*))

Well if you can feel that you can trust it, what more can you do?  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 7:41 am
[bump!]

Spirit guides and animal totems have always held a special place for me in my spirituality. It took me a while to find out who they are though. I discovered mine through a reading done with a medium I work with. I"ve got a bobcat, a wolf, a moose and a man. Or should I say, they've got me? ^_^ Each of them help me out with different things in my life. Wolf is a teacher, moose for seeing the long view, bobcat for self-confidence and I'm not sure why the man is around. He's not a relative of mine or anything...I'd love to do a guided meditation sometime, or a sweat, and get to know them all better.  

LadyEladrin

Friendly Werewolf

7,600 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Keistera

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 7:01 pm
I had a reading done back in... February, I think? I can't remember. Anyway, I was told that my spirit guide (one of them) was an Ojibwe man who, in life, had been a well-respected Chief or Holy Man or summat. He is, apprently, a very powerful spirit. I found it an interesting coincidence that someone I look up to - my first employer and family friend, who taught me a lot - is also Ojibwe. This spirit guide and I were consorts or something. I found that slightly creepy. During the reading, he kept referring to "sacred dance". Oh, and apparently he's been trying to tell me things and I'm not listening. Which reminds me, I need to try meditating again (my first attempt was how the Taras started coming into my life and I started studying Them).

The other one was a short Irish guy. The woman doing the reading kept thinking he was a Leprechaun, but I'm well assured that he isn't -- he's just short and outspoken, methinks. razz

I used to converse with a man named John, in my mind, when I was a child. He came to me as John Torrington (died in 1845 aboard the H.M.S. Terror). I am not sure this was actually the deceased sailor, but he was quite upbeat, comforting, and just.. interesting in general. He didn't come up in this reading (I don't tend to notice him around anymore - he may have been reincarnated, or I may have been nuts)

Yeah. No animals that I know of, just humans and my nuttiness. 3nodding I haven't had any contact with either Guide, save through my pendulum. eek  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 9:20 pm
I almost bought a cd the other day with a guided meditation on it with music etc, but changed my mind at the last minute. Has anyone ever used one of these? And if so, please share your experiences...was it worth the money?  

LadyEladrin

Friendly Werewolf

7,600 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Person of Interest 200

VwolfV

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 1:03 pm
I used to See, but some bad experiences shut that off for me and I have been slowly rekindling it. I don't know if these things are guides or not but they are the ones I have had the most interaction with, though I haven't talked to them in a long time/rarely.

>Alfie = Spider like thing that I met when I was attempting astral projection and had to "walk" through my own mind.
>Seth = This wierd angel looking guy who I sensed wasn't really an angel and I am kind of suspicious of him and leary of talking to him. He seems kinda violent at times.
>Wolves = Pack of astral wolves that I still talk to rarely.
> Raven = A raven /girl spirit that a friend had bound into a sword I got from him. I gave it back and he claims she isn't in it anymore but I feel she is with me.

As per the wolves when I went astralling I merged with a wolf and there was also a raven nearby, leading me to think that the wolf and raven are my spirit guides.

My "problem" is that anything I See I tend to be unsure that I really saw it. I worry that I just made it up in my mind.

If anyone has any advice as to how to identify/find a spirit guide it would be much apreciated.

As always, questions are welcomed.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces