Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply :[ The Fifth Age ]:
:[ORP]: Hula Bob's Surf Lessons Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 28 29 30 31 32 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Wolfs Heart

Invisible Wolf

18,250 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Over Easy 100
  • Sunny Side Up 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 1:55 pm
Azure set the board down in the water and looked at it uneasily, the sand wasn't here to hold it in place. "okay." He crawled onto the board and slowly stood up and then he fell right back down with a big splash. "Oy, this might take awhile." Azure sighed.

Trager shook her head, "I wouldn't believe that." Trager wondered how there could be such big families when hers was so small. She was kind of jealous. Trager shrugged her shoulders, she didn't like getting critique from someone younger then her very much. In reality, it was a good idea so Trager took the pale anyways and filled it with sand then dumped it over. There were a few patches where the sand fell down leaving gaps in the tower, but it looked okay.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 3:16 pm
Hula Bob chuckled. "Don't worry dude. It will work. It takes a bit of tries and you have to get a little wet." Hula bob winked and then showed him again in case that would help.

"The island is pretty old. I'm sure there are older families and bigger families that I don't even know." Tiki Jim shurgged. He then looked over at the lesson which made him smile.

Waikik KiKi smiled. "That's nice. I'll make a moat." She began to draw a line around the castle. She made it deeper and deeper. Next she put water inside.  

immortalmina

Wolfs Heart

Invisible Wolf

18,250 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Over Easy 100
  • Sunny Side Up 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 3:27 pm
Azure nodded his head. "Its alright, I'm willing to keep trying. I really want to learn how to do this." Azure said. It was true too, he had wanted to learn how to surf since he had mastered swimming. "Ok, I'm going to give it another go." Azure pulled himself back onto the board. He noticed that last time he hadn't tried moving his hips or arms. Azure stood up and instantly started moving his hips and arms in somewhat of a coordination. He was able to stay on the board a whole minute.

"I guess there's a lot I don't know then." Trager was surprised at her own words. She didn't usually say thing like this. Maybe with her age she had grown more polite or something, either way she wasn't sure if she liked this new thing of admitting the bad things about herself. "Alright, you can make a moat, I'll make more towers." Trager wouldn't even bother making a moat. One thing hadn't changed and she still hated water.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 8:22 am
"That's the way dude!" Hula Bob clapped as the boy stayed on this time. "It's all about the hips. Moving them and the arms keeps you on and when in deeper water helps move it." Seeing that this was a lake and not ocean.

"That's okay. No one can know everything. So, if you don't like water what do you like?" Tiki Jim asked with a nod. Tiki Jim looked at the two. THis was how he met his mate. Surf lessons and then castle building.

Waikik KiKi nodded as she was just about done with the moat. "What do we need now?" Waikik KiKi asked with her hands on her hips.  

immortalmina

Wolfs Heart

Invisible Wolf

18,250 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Over Easy 100
  • Sunny Side Up 100
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 3:56 pm
Azure was happy that he could at least stay on for a little bit, he'd only get better at the whole balancing act with more practice. "I'll give it another try." Azure got back onto the board and tried to stand up and build the coordination of his body. The amount of time he stayed on the board slowly started to rise each time he got back on the board.

Trager scrunched up her face like she used to do all the time when she was still a child. "I don't know anymore." Trager said, and that was pretty much true. The only things she knew for sure that she liked to do were the things that Azure told her not too. Trager looked at the castle, it was kind of plain with it being only sand and all. "I think we need to add some color to it. Like flowers or something." Trager suggested to Waikiki Kiki.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 8:41 am
Hula Bob watched. He wanted to make sure Azure didn't hurt himself or anything like that. Once he was ready he would help him with the last lesson.

"Oh, well...I'm sure it's lots of fun stuff." Tiki Jim wasn't sure what to say to that.

"Flowers huh? Want to get them? I can go with you, right Daddy?" Waikik KiKi looked up at him with a big smile. She knew he wouldn't let her go alone to get the flowers.

"Sure, just come right back."  

immortalmina

Wolfs Heart

Invisible Wolf

18,250 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Over Easy 100
  • Sunny Side Up 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 10:29 am
Azure was getting sore from the amount of times he fell off the board and slammed into the water. He kept trying to stay on the board longer though no matter how many times he fell. Azure really wanted to learn how to surf. After a good amount of time Azure was finally coordinated enough to stand on the board with out falling off. "Do you think I'm ready to go deeper?" Azure asked Hula Bob.

Trager shrugged her shoulder. "Well not just flowers. Anything that could had color to this blah." Trager told her since flowers was simply a suggestion. She stood up from her kneeling position on the sand to go flower picking with the child. "Do you know any good places to get flowers?" Trager asked Waikiki Kiki.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 8:26 am
Hula Bob walked around Azure. "Let's see." He looked good now. Staying up and everything. "I think so. Just follow me." Hula Bob took his board and swam it out a ways, but not too far into the lake. He got on and began to surf.

"Well, the Fae Clearing is good, the mountains have some or we could go to my house. It's just a little ways over there." They lived pretty close to the beach and it wouldn't be too hard to get to and from. Waikiki KiKi took her hand and led her.

Tiki Jim smiled as he watched the too. He knew Waikik KiKi would be safe. He was glad they were just going to their home.  

immortalmina

Wolfs Heart

Invisible Wolf

18,250 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Over Easy 100
  • Sunny Side Up 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 9:05 am
Azure nodded his head obediently, "Alright." He followed Hula Bob out further into the lake. Azure watched as Hula Bob surf and smiled, he hoped to one day be as good as the male pae. It was amazing to watch someone that skilled surf and Azure did his best to stay out of the way so there'd be no collisions.

Trager looked back at the beach towards Azure, she knew he wouldn't likeher leaving the beach since he wouldn't no where she was going."Alright, lead the way!" Trager said enthusiastically as she walked with Waikiki Kiki. She wasn't exactly sure where any of these places were since she hadn't gotten out much when she was younger, but it seemed the young fem knew.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:38 am
"YOu can do it dude. Let your awesomeness out!" Hula Bob called to the teen. He felt that deep down anyone could do it. If they tried.

Tiki Jim looked back to the lesson. The teen wasn't doing half bad really.

It didn't take them too long to get there. "Here it is. I live here with my mom, dad, twin brother and adopted sister." She said as she made her way to the flowers on the side. "You like any?" She asked as she plucked a blue one.  

immortalmina

Wolfs Heart

Invisible Wolf

18,250 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Over Easy 100
  • Sunny Side Up 100
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 1:10 pm
[Are there waves in this lake?]

Azure nodded his head a few times and climbed onto the board. "Let my awesomeness out." Azure chuckled a little bit as he repeated what Hula Bob said. Azure sat on the board for a while before standing up and doing the coordinated surfing dance. He smiled, this was fun.

Trager looked at Waikiki Kiki in surprise, it seemed like they had a really large family. "Wow thats neat. I live in headquarters with my brother." Trager told her, it didn't sound very grand compared to what Waikiki Kiki had. "Uhm sure, and we can pick these?" Trager asked as she wrapped her hand around the stem of a bright pink flower.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 1:35 pm
((It's really up to whoever I think. I say there are small ones and with the rocking it makes it better to surf. I don't think they would be any curls to shoot though! lol wink )

Hula Bob took his board out farther in the lake. He was still keeping an eye on his pupil though. He just couldn't stay in the shallow parts for too long. It was okay, but not a challenge for him.

"Mom won't mind. I'm sure it is okay." Waikiki KiKi began to pick a few more. She soon had a handful of them. "The HQ? It's big there, huh? I hear lots live there. Is that fun? I don't like sharing my room with my brother and sister so I could imagine living with a whole bunch of strangers." she rambled on.  

immortalmina

Wolfs Heart

Invisible Wolf

18,250 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Over Easy 100
  • Sunny Side Up 100
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 3:35 pm
Azure continued to practice riding the small rocky waves the occured. He crashed into the water quite a few times since he wasn't used to the water moving so much beneath him. It was harder to keep balance in the non-shallow area of the water.

Trager nodded her head, "Okay." though it wasn't like she minded breaking the rules anyways. Trager began to pick large handfuls of the prettiest pink flowers and a few of the other colors as well. She'd only the pick the most beautiful ones though, none could have holes from insects or wrinkles on them. "Yeah its really big, I haven't seen the whole thing yet."  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:19 am
Hula Bob nodded. "I think you are doing very awesomely!" He told the teen. He did seem to get better and that's what it was all about anyway. "That's the last of the lesson. Once you can master this you can surf anywhere on the lake. "

As Tiki Jim watched then he wanted to surf too. He knew he couldn't. Not until his daughter was back so he could watch her from the water.

Waikiki KiKi giggled as she had enough. "We better go back now. Before my dad gets worried. I think we have a lot now." She then began to head back to the beach.  

immortalmina

Wolfs Heart

Invisible Wolf

18,250 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Over Easy 100
  • Sunny Side Up 100
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 12:52 pm
Azure glanced at Hula Bob, "Really?" Just as he said that he fell off the board, seemed like he could only focus on one thing at a time. He couldn't believe there had been so few lessons, it had seemed rather easy to learn, but he was surfing. That was all it must take to learn. "Thanks for the lessons." Azure said happily to the dude.

Trager nodded her head. "Yeah we can go. I don't think I can carry anymore anyways." She wondered if Azure was worried about her, probably. He worried about her so easily, but that was also because she gave him a lot of trouble. "Alright, we'll finish the sand castle then." Trager made sure she was holding the flowers securely, then followed Waikiki Kiki.  
:[ The Fifth Age ]:

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 28 29 30 31 32 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff