Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaians of Florida

Back to Guilds

A place for Floridians to meet other Floridians! 

Tags: Florida 

Reply Gaians of Florida
Hurricanes 2OO7 Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Queen of the Blue Twins

1,250 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 5:32 pm
Vickicat
xxDomesticGoddessxx
Yeah, we lost power for like 17 days with Frances, had it 3 days and got nailed by Jeanne for 9 more days, but now we live on the emergency grids too and they say we'll be back up in a matter of hours too. Frances was like 24 hrs for this house and Jeanne was like 14 hrs.
Bring them on!! Party at the castle for the next one!

How do you find out if you're on an emergency grid? I'm pretty sure we're not because they are terrible about our power. If I ever get my own place, I want it to be on a hospital grid. gonk

We live near the school that is a major evac center for us. But we got lucky mostly. The peeps across the street are on a seperate grid as well as the peeps behind us on the next block. Like I said we got lucky. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 7:28 am
Ugh, the power outage situation when I was living at my parents house was terrible. We would sometimes go 2 weeks without power. Stupid old part of town. stressed

Anyway, I'm hoping that the place where I moved to gets power back quicker. I'm not too concerned about it since my parents bought a generator and have their camper in the yard - but still. Living out of a trailer for 2 weeks doesnt sound like my idea of fun.  

Miss-Abba

KissinDigital

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 7:43 am
I lived in my office for a week after one storm, cos the office is next to a hospital grid. It's hilarious cos my boss bought a generator and everything and every time, by the time she gets it all hooked up, we've got power.

Anyway. I know this storm could be devastating but MAN I wanna get hit close enough that I have to stay home. xDDDD  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 8:24 am
yay! doesn't look like the storm is going to hit us anymore!

i mean, granted it's still too early to tell for sure where it's going to hit but at least we're not in the direct path anymore. whee  

Miss-Abba

KissinDigital

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 9:22 am
crying  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 1:56 pm
Miss-Abba

i mean, granted it's still too early to tell for sure where it's going to hit but at least we're not in the direct path anymore. whee

I hope not. It seems everyone else wants it to hit. XD But I really don't. I've had my birthday plans messed up by hurricanes other years... Maybe we'll get lucky and one will come later and everyone will get to stay home from school/work. I just don't want one coming now. D=  

Vickicat
Crew

Shy Poster

13,115 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Cart Raider 100

.[FoxBoy~DigiMatt].

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 2:03 pm
Miss-Abba

Booooo.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 9:00 am
no luck here..

but a 25000W diesel generator with a 500 gal. tank sure helps..

wink

family got tired of waiting for FPL.. so we setup our own..  

U238Willy

CrazyRob

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 11:40 pm
Wasn't this topic a sticky before? ninja  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 11:42 pm
When you edit a post as a regular member, it takes away stickyness apparently. ..

I just forgot to come back and sticky it after I was re-modded xD  

Kiss in Digital
Vice Captain

Pentium 6.0

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 11:41 pm
We're not in the direct path either, so I'm not too worried about it. As with most Floridians, we tend to brush them off as nothing.

heart

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 11:29 pm
Good luck all you Floridians! It looks liek this one is going to fly right up Texas' a** and maybe Oklahoma is going to feel it a bit.

It's been raining like the 80s around here lately, time to dig the ditches out again! gonk

Coyotecom

Kiss in Digital
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 6:42 am
Coyotecom
Good luck all you Floridians! It looks liek this one is going to fly right up Texas' a** and maybe Oklahoma is going to feel it a bit.

It's been raining like the 80s around here lately, time to dig the ditches out again! gonk
BEND OVER scream

xDDDD  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 10:11 am
ello  

tetsmer

Gawker

Astral Shayde

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 12:40 am
Jinzouki
Has Disney/Universal Studios ever been severly damaged by Hurricanes? I made a joke with my friend the other day over the internet and phone about Orlando being protected under the Magical Disney Barrier, since I have never heard of Disney being severly damaged by hurricanes. It's Mostly us in South Flodira who seem to get severly pwned by hurricanes/tropical storms >.< ....at least from what I've heard of surprised

I don't think severely, lol. But actually about two years ago my stepbrother had his wedding there and one went right through disney. A tornado hit, you can actually see a clearing of trees somewhere when you are on the monorail of where it was. (I was in NJ at the time though, so I don't know exactly where.)  
Gaians of Florida

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff