Welcome to Gaia! ::

Wicca: Blessed Be

Back to Guilds

For anyone interested in Wicca, Paganism, or Witchcraft 

Tags: Wicca, Pagan, Witchcraft, New Age, Community 

Reply The Academy - - [classes, how-to's, guides] - - Ostara/Mabon Party! Join us!
[Guide] Astral Projection Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

PioneerChase

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 4:27 pm
I find that if I take a nap during the day it is easier to get to the buzzing state maybe because if you nap you need less sleep therefore waking in the middle of the night, I'm not sure but I hope this helps. I have gotten to the vibrational state maybe 2-3 times but never have been successful at getting out. Any tips?  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 9:42 pm
Choir-Angel
Oh my gosh! That's what happens to me also! xp I start to vibrate, then I concentrate on it, which it then becomes even faster, and I feel like I'm spinning and buzzing, but then all of a sudden, it just stops. But me, I'm not afraid of it, at all. I've been trying to astral project for months now. But it's not working. I want to so badly, but this is all that ever happens. =/

If anyone wants to help us out, that'd be great. lol.

I'm not sure whether I'm afraid of going beyond that stage or not - ...is that possible not knowing if you fear something? sweatdrop Being uncertain of the uncertain results... ?

I hope I get to Astral Project one day *sigh* Actually! I've been wondering whether you'd be able to touch things and pick them up (after leaving your body). Can you travel to other places? <= I've read that you can but i'm honestly unsure.

Then it makes me think if Astral Projection is just a dream. It kind of makes sense because you'd be thinking about it alot and then figuring out what you're going to be doing once you're out of your body. By visualising this, you might actually start dreaming it.... hehe my pessimistic input!

innocent_angel1001

La-MoonSquid

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:37 am
God of Science
I find that if I take a nap during the day it is easier to get to the buzzing state maybe because if you nap you need less sleep therefore waking in the middle of the night, I'm not sure but I hope this helps. I have gotten to the vibrational state maybe 2-3 times but never have been successful at getting out. Any tips?

So does sleep-walking have anything to do with astral projection?  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:54 am
Erm...I don't think so. Sleepwalking is caused by lack of sleep, anxiety, sickness, drugs, etc and generally runs in families...Astral projection is just your astral body leaving your physical, this can be unconscious or consciously done. I don't think you can force yourself to sleepwalk though. lol  

Choir-Angel

La-MoonSquid

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 1:23 pm
Choir-Angel
Erm...I don't think so. Sleepwalking is caused by lack of sleep, anxiety, sickness, drugs, etc and generally runs in families...Astral projection is just your astral body leaving your physical, this can be unconscious or consciously done. I don't think you can force yourself to sleepwalk though. lol

Ahh thank you. I'm about the only person in my family that sleep walks, and I just did it last night. It was strange because the last time I had done it was when I was extremely young.
Can dreams influence it? because I was having a horrible nightmare as well.. (I apologize for going off topic)  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 2:31 pm
SiicoSeeren
Can dreams influence it? because I was having a horrible nightmare as well..

Yes, I do believe that dreams influence sleepwalking. I had a friend in elementary school that was a sleepwalker, and he would whimper and things like that, mostly when he was having nightmares.

I believe I might've started to AP last time I took a Yoga class. We were in shavasana, which is a pose where you're lying on your back, and you just completely let go and utterly relax. Well, after relieving the tension from all my muscles, I quickly felt the buzzing, as it could be described. I willed, if that's the correct term, myself to lift my right leg, and I literally felt the energy there rise from my body. I did so with the other, then both legs. After succeeding with only one hand, I still was going to try my head and possibly entire body, but the instructor ended the session before I had a chance.

It was still AWESOME!! xd

xAikaNoKurayami

Foxmore

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 9:37 pm
xAikaNoKurayami
SiicoSeeren
Can dreams influence it? because I was having a horrible nightmare as well..

Yes, I do believe that dreams influence sleepwalking. I had a friend in elementary school that was a sleepwalker, and he would whimper and things like that, mostly when he was having nightmares.

I believe I might've started to AP last time I took a Yoga class. We were in shavasana, which is a pose where you're lying on your back, and you just completely let go and utterly relax. Well, after relieving the tension from all my muscles, I quickly felt the buzzing, as it could be described. I willed, if that's the correct term, myself to lift my right leg, and I literally felt the energy there rise from my body. I did so with the other, then both legs. After succeeding with only one hand, I still was going to try my head and possibly entire body, but the instructor ended the session before I had a chance.

It was still AWESOME!! xd

wow.. that is awesome. That is how it is with me (not with AP, but with meditation during shavasana in general) as soon as I feel as though I might be getting somewhere it is over.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 9:03 am
I don't think I've ever been able to "make" myself Astral Project. But sometimes, when I'm zoning out, I'll hear someone calling my name, but no one is around (on top of that, if you've ever seen 13 Ghosts, the voice sounds like when the ghosts are talking).
Other times I'll literally have this feeling of "oh crap where am I?" or I'll have a full body shudder as if I've fallen into myself... I'm assuming this is my projecting without realizing it, but I've never been able to just... Do it. You know?

But this thread seems helpful, and I'll give it another shot when I have some free time.  

Tommy Dionysus

Fashionable Sex Symbol

10,300 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Person of Interest 200

PathlessPlot

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 8:14 am
I was talking to my boyfriend about astral projection, and he told me that he has done it before! Not on purpose and he is not Wiccan or Witch. He told me that one night while he was trying to go to sleep he felt like he was floating like on a feather back and forth and back and forth (which is an experiance I have had before, but I always messed it up by thinking) and suddenly he was in his mother's house. He told me that he could see everything. He went into his mother's room while she was asleep and saw her dog, Misty, jump on her bed. He said he looked at the clock and it said 2:25. He said he looked in on his brother, then walked through the wall, and went to a place that was all black. Next, thing he knew he was walking down the street at his dad's house. Then he passed through another wall into his house and went into his room and saw himself sleeping. He went back into his body and woke up. He asked his mother if her dog jumped into the bed at about 2:25, and she was shocked! In her eyes there was no way he could know that! I am a little jealous lol. I haven't been able to do that yet. cool  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:41 am
I'm very interested in astral projection and i get quite focused when i meditate but i can't seem to go any further. I lit incense in my room to become more relaxed. I laid down on my bed on my back and chose a spot on my ceiling to "zone out" on and focus. This is one thing i'm not sure about. I figured it'd be easier to lift from my body if it was flat on my bed. And i'm not sure if i should be keeping my eyes closed or opened. As i began to focus more my hands began to vibrate and have that slight numbing sensation so i closed my eyes figuring it would help. I took notice to the high pitched ringing in the center of my brain and imagined it a ball of blue energy. My legs weren't buzzing as much so i tried to imagine them turning blue and my astral toes wiggling. I wasn't sure want to do at this point and decided i would try to lift my hands. I could feel almost like my astral hands started to hover over my body's hands. So i slowly tried to lift my hands without using my muscles. It kind of felt like my fingers weren't touching my blankets anymore but i could feel my body's hand like it was heavy and ridged. As i continued to try i felt my body's joints in my hand slightly move so i stopped. I thought maybe i wasn't in the right position so i turned on my side. I stared off to some pencils i have on my desk and let the image fade so it was blurry. I began to feel sleeping and throughout this whole session i continued to will my body to "let me out" or "rise from my body" kind of like a chant in my brain. I'm not sure what happen next i may have began to drift into sleep but the next thing i remember was that my bed felt like it shook just one time as if the earth had shook. I thought maybe this was me getting close to escaping my body but being pulled back in but i'm not sure. Maybe i just need to practice. If anyone has any suggestions please let me know if i'm doing something wrong or if i'm not doing something.  

I Scarlet I

Flying Dicks

Mega Sex Symbol

7,650 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:51 pm
I've been trying to astral project for some time, with little luck. However.. Last night something happened to me that scared the bejeezus out of me.

I went to bed secure in the knowledge that, according to my runes, today would be a good day. (it is. Peaceful and whatnot) and after I'd fallen asleep, I noticed suddenly, in my dream "This can't happen. I must be dreaming!" so I looked up, and tried to move myself within my dream. But, I guess I tried too hard or something.. I felt myself jerk and shoot forward for a second, opening one of my eyes to see my room, then I was sucked back into my body, and I felt like I was made out of solid plastic, I couldn't move.
Soon after, although I was scared, I somehow fell back asleep.

It is important to note that I wasn't TRYING to do anything last night. I was trying to sleep. But, whenever I TRY to astral project, I usually only get far enough to feel very very soft vibrations, and even that is difficult. Does this happening in dreams make it any easier to astral project?  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 7:26 pm
it seems that the people who don't know about astral projecting can do it (like the christians and such) would that not proove that the less you try, the easier it will come? I don't really ever sleep, and I wake up jsut about every hour...so I havn't done much trying. I used to when I was little...which cause my fear of heights now, but this helped me a little, so I am going to try again tonight and start practicing more.  

~Lil Lost Piper~

Unforgiving Genius

_IceGoddess15_

6,700 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 3:27 pm
I have projected twice, first was at a friends and I really was trying, I went out of my body and to the door of the house then went back.
The next time, I just floated up to my ceiling then went back.

Here was my method(s)

1. Relax with your eyes closed. Start at your toes and imagine the mucles just turning into putty just relax them completely, then move to your feet/ankles, calves, thieghs and so on. Your body should feel numb, the tingling sensation you get when a bodypart is asleep. Okay here's the hard part, focus on the black behind your eyelids. Keep your mind clear!!
Just try not to think and that's the hard part because our brains never shuts up. >.<
Eventually you will start to fall asleep, this may take time. Your body should feel the tingling sensation now focus and lift the vibrations. You may just snap back into your body! But keep trying.

2. Focus on an object, whether its the TV or a picture. I recommend you do this while you're really tired. Focus on that object, you may just fall asleep, but keep trying! Eventually you'll close your eyes and still see that object! You'll feel the vibrations now you must use willpower to force your astral body apart from your physical body.

I hope this helped!
may the goddess bless you

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 11:43 pm
I have issues separating. My brother has about given up teaching me; he usually sits next to me astrally and tries to get me out, but I still fail. I need help actually getting myself out of my body. >>;  

[Xena]

Eddie-Ka

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 12:56 pm
ok so ive been trying to project for a while, and never even getting vibrations. But last night, i finally got vibrations. and i thought " hey im doing it" poof vibrations gone xD.
I kept trying and each time i was able to hold it for longer and longer before a thought crept in. Eventually i manage to get my whole body vibrating but i could not seperate.

so does anyone have tips about seperating?  
The Academy - - [classes, how-to's, guides] - - Ostara/Mabon Party! Join us!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games