For anyone interested in Wicca, Paganism, or Witchcraft 

Tags: Wicca, Pagan, Witchcraft, New Age, Community 

Reply The Sitting Room - - [real-life, quest threads, chatterbox, etc]
Guild Blog, whatwhat? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Are you gonna bash and squeal about your real lif?
Maybe. >_>
36%
 36%  [ 22 ]
Yuppers.
14%
 14%  [ 9 ]
Nope.
13%
 13%  [ 8 ]
I will indeed, and I'll also help out other folks, 'coz I'm cool like that. <33
36%
 36%  [ 22 ]
Total Votes : 61

[Helmorana]

7,700 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 2:36 pm
Okiedokie, time for replies!

I'm not a spongebob fan *hides* blaugh I've never seen an episode, we don't get that show here. Goodluck with your exams! It seems everything's piled up.

LOL! xd I didn't know they thought the Two Towers applied to 9/11... What a strange thought!

I had to behave myself on the gig, I was going with my cousin who's 14 and going across the country, to the Maribor equivalent of Metelkova mesto (Metelkova City), Pekarna... (The Bakery) === (Both Metelkova and Pekarna on here)... my auntie expected me to behave myself and look after my cousin. Parents are a bit frightened of Metelkova and Pekarna. neutral Some don't let their kids go there... It's strange if you ask me and not so strange.

The gig was awesome! Unfortunately my low blood pressure kicked in again and I had to stop jumping around or the lack of air in the - it'd normally be called a mosh pit, but this time, I think it was more of a polka pit - was starting to cause an issue again. Also Jonne had a really bad cold and his voice was... just weird... so they said we're just gonna have to sing all the songs too. As if we don't otherwise. And I also don't think that Jonne's wrecked voice was due to a cold, I don't sound as bad when I have a cold, I think it was more to do with the shows and the drinking. xp

The afterparty heart
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
heart Jonne and me heart

The rest of the piccies are on my cousin's computer. stare

I know how weird parents can be. Me and my sis just got used to ignoring them when they turn cranky and irrational.

I think I'm registered at Bebo confused I think.
Rape of English (or any other language for that matter) buggggggs me too. I also don't feel much respect for people who type like that because they just all seem like a bunch of 5 y/os. English speakers who use "u" and "y" are forgiven though... I have a friend who says "u" and "y" and one or two of the most wonderful people, one of who only passed 5th grade and isn't really good at spelling, and the other one who is a historical genious and such a horribly nice guy, who passed secundary school but never really did well, or spelled properly. I don't mind it in such cases, but they're very rare and the people just have to be something special.

I also hate crowds. I got it under control now, it just kicks in every once in a while... and then I go hide to a bathroom/toilet compartment somewhere to calm down. They don't so much scare me as disgust me. I panicked sometimes but again, not cause I'd be scared, but it's kinda like... when somebody eats with their mouth open... if you do it for long enough you're gonna make me cry. It just irritates and disgusts me so bad that it makes me feel helpless and powerless and I break down completely. A few months ago I was in a long phase of not liking crowds, going to school and being in school and coming from school was torture. Everytime somebody touched me by accident while walking across the hall or on the bus I felt so horribly disgusted that I wanted to take a shower. It wasn't like that with friends, or at gigs... so I can't say I really get it. But I know the feeling.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 3:55 pm
So I guess this would be my first post in this thingy.... -hmms-

So I am particapating in this thing where you write a 50K word novel in a month....

Today, I played softball in 29* weather... it was raining and I have like no hair on my head... I am sick already... and I pretty much don't care... I got hit in the face with a bat at one point, my helmet it cracked, my face guard is chiped and my face is completely safe...

When I got home daddy got me subway... my usual veggie sub... and they put meat on it stare I wanted to scream...

Oh but on the way home daddy got me a vanilla bean frapichino... I love it... whee

So like 2 days ago, mommy bought me five new videogames... I only really like three of them... FinalFantasyVII Dirge of Ceberus, and Breath of Fire Dragon Quarter, and Katamari Damacy.... the other two are... Constantine and Death by Degress....

At school I have been put ahead of the class, I have to explain to tours what my lab class does, I'm the class scrap booker, I graduate in -deep breath- roughly 6 months and -tilts head side ways- 11 days.... I am failing my Stats & Probability class... excelling in all of my other classes... I'm involved in a very high reconigized club...

In other words I am under a lot of stress... I am terrifed of graduating... I don't want to be in the world... but I know I have to do it...

I just got hired at burger king... I'm a cashier... my first job EVER
3nodding the manger lady is a ... *cough cough* yeah...

My time is streched soo thin right now, and my g/f coming to visit me this weekend.. I am going to so happy the stress is going to go away for at least 4 days... thursday - sunday....

Oh gosh I just remembered I need to clean... a LOT... crying wehhh I am going to go insane...

Gah speaking of cleaning I have 2 research papers due friday... I am going to cry... lol how that had to do with cleaning I don't know...

soooo my life is slightly, stressful right now... but I am okay with it...

Sooo that is my life right now.... ^.^

ForbidenFaeryDesire

Aurellion

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 9:45 pm
Thanks, Vix. whee

Yeah, apparently those who hadn't heard of Tolkien before thought that P/J was having a stab at 9/11...

I've had a look at Metelkova.. I wanna go there. xd Art galleries, studios... But yeah - really bad you had to behave.. xp

Hah, polka pit... Sorry, that amuses me...

Whee, photos! biggrin Congrats on meeting Jonne. I'd never be able to do that kind of thing - just be too intimidated... I know that celebrities are actually people, but still.. >_>

It's good to hear that I'm "not alone" in disliking crowds... I'll tell that to Dad, he was getting woried. smile

Good luck with the 50,000 word novel, Lex. 3nodding I'll read it when you finish!

Blah... That softball round sounds like pure... Torture, really.. sad You have my sympathy. [hugs] Thus my great dislike of sport. >_>

Ouch. Can you make a complaint to Subway? 'cause if you were allergic to the meet... Not nice consequences, for you or them. They'd probably appreciate the complaint as well - gives them warning that that particular employee needs to go bye-bye.

Oo, oo! Final Fantasy! xd That game rawks. I've heard of Constantine - reviews seem to be really good of it.. Tell me what you think, ya?

I'm no good with probability either.. I just can't see the point. >_> Good luck.

You sound like you're having a nasty time at the moment. confused I hope everything works out for you.

Sorry if this post was a bit.. blegh, with too many smilies. I'm pushed for time, and my brain's frazzled. >_> Normal service will be resumed as soon as possible...  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 11:38 am
Uf... Lex, goodluck. That sure is a handfull! sweatdrop

Jen, Korpiklaani aren't really celebrities... Or... At least I don't think of them like that. confused I think there's a difference between metal band fans and pop band thingies fans... I watched a show once, where they let one of the fans meet a member of a boyband. She burst into tears, squeeked a lot, got all hysterical... We just say: Hey, a good show... or something like that and talk normally.

Footage from the gig. ... That darkness I shot in between was my cousin headbanging blaugh But you can't see.

heart I got my tongue pierced yesterday. heart

A week of holidays starts today!

Not that I was much in school last week confused  

[Helmorana]

7,700 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100

Aurellion

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 3:04 pm
You're right, "celebrities" wasn't the right word. >_< Sorry. Please forgive me, O Merciful One? [puppy dog eyes] xp

Wow - tongue piercing... I admire your bravery. ^^;

But not being in school is a good thing! xp Or were you horribly ill? Because that's not a good thing. >_<

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 1:56 am
Oh of course you're forgiven! *can't resist anyone's puppy eyes* Here, have a cookie too. blaugh

I dragged my cousin with me to the studio cause I would have ran out if I was on my own. So much for my bravery. xp But I was surprised of how little it hurt. It hurts about 10 times less than when you bite your tongue. But it feels funny. confused And I'm on a liquid diet for a week. Not cause it'd hurt, it just hurts so much that I feel it, and most of the time it doesn't at all, but cause my tongue takes up my entire mouth and everything is weird. Baby food, yoghurt and soup that has been through the food processor. xd The noodles are too much for me to deal with.

Heh... I skipped entire Monday cause I had to bring all sorts of papers to the City Hall thingie... health insurance after mom and stuff like that. stare And I had to do it before my birthday or I'd be left without it. Tuesday and Wednesday I just kinda missed a bus or two. And Thursday and Friday I was sick. (Officially. Unofficially I was helping mom paint a room... We were having a chemistry test nobody told me about till 3 minutes before we were supposed to take it... I said: "Moooom, I'm sick today, ok?" and after a little fight we figured out I can stay at home IF I paint the room. Better than a negative mark anyway. I have brave ideas about which faculty I want to go to... And it requires good scores.)

I like your "new" name!
So how was your day? You rarely really say... How are you? smile  

[Helmorana]

7,700 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100

Aurellion

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 7:24 pm
Cookie! If happyness was ever handed to you on a silver plate, it would be in the form of cookies. xp Thanks. ^^

Blah, hate biting my tongue. (Metaphorically too.) I read a book recently, (The Boy Who Kicked Pigs, by Tom Baker... the ultimate Doctor Who) where he bit his tongue off.. Well, not purposely. But I'll shut up now as I don't want to spoil the plot. ^^;

Mm - hate it how your friends never tell you about tests/homework. You ask, "what have I missed?" And it's always the same answer - "nothing much". So, you waltz into school the next day only to find you've got a couple of tests that day and very important homework. Then they tell me off for worrying about it. smile

Tee-hee, new name... Long story actually. I was messing about on Google and just typing in random peoples names and seeing what came up. (e.g. Jen Metcalfe - nudist model. blaugh ) Then, typed in a couple of online names.. One of which is mine, Aurellion. And bam! A load of online debates/web sites/ reviews/bebos come up, all of which is on the same person - me. xd (but apart from the RPs and evil council.. damnit, someone stole my name.)

However. All the wrong, inactive places came up, and I wanted Gaia to come up, as that's nearly the only place that I go online. Thus, the name change from --aurellion-- to Aurellion for google purposes. But, didn't work. So. I added "Warning: Aurellion is random, morbid, geeky and tidy. Yuppers. But! She is proud. [flees the scene of the crime with small chicken like movements] Oh, and Aurellion does indeed enjoy writing in third person, whoever they are. Aurellion would like to meet them. Aurellion is addicted to Gaia – nay, the internet. Aurellion has almost consumed Jen M – Aurellion was once an alter ego, but is now a lifestyle. Aurellion wonders how many times she has to say Aurellion for Google to pick it up. Aurellion shall shut up now, but insists you visit her DeviantArt." to my profile, in the hope of repeating Aurellion so many times that Google would pick it up. No cigar. >_<

Yeah.. Floccinaucinihilipilification associates impaired intellectual capacities. (Small things amuse small minds.)

Wewt, someone asked me about my day. ^^ I usually don't talk much as just I think "no.. no-ones gonna listen, and you'll just give yourself RSI from the typing." That, and the last time I did that I killed this thread for about a month. >_<; However!

Monday... [shudder] Did not want to go to school. And when that happens, I invent stuff that's wrong with me - anyone else do that? Anywaaay, managed to get into school ontime, but didn't here the bell, thus being late anyway. [sigh] Why is this world so cruel!?

[cough] Aaanyway, art first. Was... not too great. Flava (rap and R&B radio station) was playing.. We have quite a few gangsta drop outs in our class you see, and the rap always gives me a headache, and the bass breaks my stomach up.. Such a wuss... Finished all my work, looking spiffy, so twiddled my thumbs for half an hour.

Then, 9:30 saunters along ever so rudely. Why? Because gym is next. No-one is good at sport at that unerthly hour on a Monday morning, and if you're a geek like me, sport is even worse. But, I didn't fake a sickie, I'm so proud. ^^; Anyway, teacher was late, so standing out side freezing. It was hailing once in gym, all these people wearing tank tops and a pathetic excuse for shorts. Haha. But... on with the show. Grazed knee, still painful, wacked shoulder from some flamingoing dork hurling a tennis ball at me, consequently humiliated by a guy sticking up for me - shouting at the dork "you apologise now, and I wanna hear it." Very sweet. But when the whole class is watching you with their mouths wide open, and when you're fighting back tears you just want to curl up in a corner. Luckily my stalkers where at orchestra, so they didn't see the incident. Also, had a softball assesment, which I missed all the lessons on as my foot was out - shower door fell on me. Still hurts when I put my shoe on. >_< I am such a wimp.

Wewt, I'm rambling. Social studies... nothing of interest... Highly boring. So, I wrote/peer assessed my friends speeches for the tournamnet. I like doing that. Then humiliated yet again in maths for getting a good mark for my homework. Hurrah.

Then, finally, the highlight of my day. English. We're doing speeches - right by exams it's not a good look, but it's so fun darn it! I was up third, and they loved it. The subject was telepathy - so, naturally I wore a tin foil hat. It actually hurts after a while, weird... But, the teacher couldn't stop giggling at my speech.

My opening, I have to say, was pretty spiftacular. The class was just starting to quiet down, casually staring to listen. So, get up there and half shout, in true madwomen style that my spidey sense was tingling. People literally jumped in their seats - afterwards they admitted that it was pretty scary to see someone who barely manages to whisper an answer in class put on full madwomen entrange (sp?). Yeaaah... I dunno what it is, but I'm loud and confident when I'm meant to be talking, in something like a speech, but when just normally talking you can barely hear me. >_<

Anyway, got the best mark, and people where constantly laughing - with me, not at me thank goodness. You'd have to be there really... I can try and film it. wink I was a little bit worried about the jokes actually - but, people did get them, if a little late. For example, "after all - what is co-incidence? Is it something like being born on your birthday?" "Results gained by the men in white coats, with beards and long names - or maybe even long coats, white beards and names." "Deja-vu - not just a glitch in the matrix."

I think the only way to really explain it is to film it. redface

Heh heh, that's why I don't talk about my day. I ramble. >_<

Oo! Oo! And in protest at our art teacher setting us homework to help our drawing skills, I've put together a portfolio. I printed it out with our work glossy magazine-type-quality printer and put it all nice and organised into a folder. I'll then state my case tomorrow, and shove my work into his hands. Sure - some are photos, digital scribbles and book-covers, but the majority is all hand drawn. I'll let you know how it goes. biggrin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 2:59 pm
Happiness on a silver plate would be in the form of MY cookies blaugh

Princess Di's and Dodi's driver bit his tongue off in the crash. [Random memory.] I never saw Doctor Who... I used to get really frustrated when a friend of mine'd leave in the middle of a minesweeper game, to go watch Doctor Who on TV.

Yeah, my classmates are the same. That's why I now got used to standing infront of one of them and asking them for so long that they tell me exactly what they did when I was gone. stare I screwed up twice, I'm not gonna do it again. And I hate how they always yell at me cause I did my French homework. Nobody ever does it... And I have to tell them everytime that I wanna go study French and that I can't expect the teacher to help me with that if I don't even do my homework. (Though she's insane. She gives 5 pages of homework to do if we have a test the next day, and then she hardly ever checks it.) rolleyes

Google does the same with me. If I type in Helmorana or Caerdia it mostly throws out the sites I'm not active on anymore. More or less. It shows my blogs though. smile

For fear of my IQ falling rapidly, but what on earth does Floccinaucinihilipilification mean? xd I can't even pronounce that, thumbs up for spelling it!! biggrin

You should talk about your days more smile I often wondered why you never post in here.

I invent stuff that's wrong with me when I don't wanna go to school too. I can just feel it when a bad day is ahead of me. I'm usually right... confused

The bass only makes me feel kinda queasy if we're in a car and dad turns up the volume in his music-mobil. It makes the seats shake. I never get sick in cars or busses, but that just... Ugh.

I hate gym. But people do mature... At least around here. I used to get teased non-stop in Primary, but not once in Secundary. There still are people who make stupid jokes to be cool, but I have a big sarcastic mouth... It only happened once or twice. And about the guy defending you... You reminded me of something I did years ago, haven't thought of it for years too... And you made a light-bulb switch on. I think I embarassed a girl really bad... Heh... strange, how back then I thought I was doing her a favour. The stupidity...

You have Stalkers?

And your speach is awesome xd Thumbs up! I grasped on everything with a delay of a few seconds blaugh I'm not used to the accent. I love the Matrix reference. It got stuck in my head... And the laugh - ROFL!! I wish I was there, that must have been one hell of a speech. smile

Goodluck with the portfolio!

I am currently on holidays and don't do much all day... Which frustrates me. I frustrate me, but it's holidays, so I try not to. I think it might be a good idea to actually do something useful tomorrow. confused

Yesterday I decided to skip the Absinth party at a castle and stay at home. I wasn't in the mood for drinking even if I was alowed to. (The tongue. confused ) I did a David Bowie pumpkin. Kinda. blaugh Almost cut off my finger too, I was amazed at what a big pool of blood such a small cut can produce. xd We woke up a neighbour with some fireworks my cousin brought from Klagenfurt (Celovec)... New fireworks never stays untouched for long at our house. The neighbour is a pain in the a** cause he's the one that always wakes us up. ... And then he was complaining at how we woke HIM up and how he can't sleep. Needless to say he came out when the first fire-thingie exploded and waited till the last one before yelling at us.

I ate a chicken-thigh thingie today!! Without the food processor!! Mom said I found the perfect weight-loss diet... - tongue piercings. Except it doesn't work cause I eat a lot of baby food and soups instead of potatoes and meat. xd

A friend of mine from India had my star chart done for my birthday. smile The chart-reading guy said I just have to work really really hard now and I'll be successful later on, no matter what I chose to do. He also said my idea of "really hard" isn't sufficiet xd - That made me laugh. And I believe in it too. He also said I'll marry some guy I'll sometimes like and sometimes I won't. :S Meaning we'll fight a lot. Reassuring. razz  

[Helmorana]

7,700 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100

Aurellion

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 11:57 pm
xd Never seen Doctor Who? Blimey. But, in some episodes, minesweeper would be a better alternative.

I've got teachers like your french teacher. Quite a few, actually. Setting billions of homework pages, then nenver marking them... How are you meant to learn if you don't know where you went wrong!? gonk It is true, you learn best from your mistakes.

xp Thank you! Yes, it took me a little while to memorise how to spell it. >_< It means "judged worthless", and it from the 18th century or so. So many great things are, actually. [sigh] For example, Manga was from in the late 1800s.

Oookay boss. I'll try to post more, 'onest.

Mm, and when you start to invent stuff wrong with you, it gets worse, and you do actually feel ill. I think it's something that occurs for everyone. Mum did a project on it a while back, but I've forgotten all the details. >_<

Tee-hee, don't worry. Everyone makes mistakes. And it is the thought that counts. I suppose it was silly of me to get embarrased, but hey. ^^ Plus, I get to quit it next year. ^^ Only 11 lessons left! whee

Well, not stalkers per-se... Just, one keeps on texting me, think he "likes" me and one keeps e-mailing me, also thinks he "likes" me. >_< Back off! xp It's sweet
(and they are cute ninja ) and all, but I work with them in a band, and one thing that reality TV has taught me is that work environment relationships don't work. Besides, I don't really want a "relationship". I'd probably not be able to upkeep it, and just think of all those songs out there related to "damn you, you broke my heart". confused

Thank you. <3 I had no idea I had an accent, but, I suppose everyone does. The "hyup-hyup-hyup"? Good for breaking silences in class. wink

Mm-hmm, portfolio. Thing is, I've been off all week so I've not managed to give it to him. >_< And it's not just be "a bit tired" or "a bit sick" it's been bad migrains, dizzyness, lack of appetite and using one particular room in the house a lot. sweatdrop But, Miss Cousins takes me into school tomorrow, and she's a pretty spiffy art teacher at my school, so I can show it to her tomorrow, and work on any suggestions she may offer over the weekend.

Ah-hah, so you are possessed by an evil work ethic? >_> Ouch. Don't worry about it. It's what holidays are there for. Make the most of them. I understand that you don't like doing nothing, as I'm like that as well, but take advantage of the break without being ill. Do what you can. smile

Absinthe? The green stuff? xp Wise choice on skipping. I've heard the fairies can be nasty. ^^

Don't cut off y'all finger! Mum almost did that (twice actually... once in a door, oh, wait, both times on a door.) And guess who had to clean up the blood? [shudder] That was a bad night. She was crazy. Crazy mad and crazy tired, and then crazy hurt. Shortly after... well, you know. sad

Wow, I've never heard of an Indian star chart... >_> Well, I hate to do this now, but you'll thank me for it later - [whip crack]. blaugh

Eeep, Speech exam tomorrow. eek I've just been floating towards the deadline for a while now, but I'm actually really nervous now. Really really nervous. I'm not sure whether my talks long enough. I think it sounds too "over-done" as well... And I'm pretty bad in the improv exercises, just can't help laughing.. Guess I could combat that by taking on a character who's always laughing. What's more, is that I'll be stinking tired tomorrow. 5AM get up, plus not been sleeping well and off for three days previous. But, nothing is going to stop me getting in. Even if it means I go home straight after we're finished.

Aaand, next week I have "exam exams". [dies] Luckily, it's just Social Studies (geography and history) on the Thursday, then English on the Friday. I find those subjects insanely easy, and there's not much to revise more, so hopefully it'll be all good. But then Science and Maths on the Monday and Tuesday... Ah well, means I get two weekends to revise for 'em, and I've already done a bit of revision for 'em. 3 a3 Mind Maps for science, and around about 30 pages of maths. O_o

Woo-hoo, only one more candy hunt to go on. xd

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 7:15 pm
-Short simple update-

I am sick...

sad

ForbidenFaeryDesire

[Helmorana]

7,700 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 5:15 pm
Ouch Fae... sweatdrop I hope you feel better soon!
*hugs*

We don't even get Dr. Who here. xp I feel crippled.

The word, oh yes the word. I still can't pronounce it. Though I discovered a familiar word inside it - nihil! It means nothing in latin. Philosophy educates. razz And I think it's possible to confuse Nihilism with depression and the other way round. I thought it was amusing when I found out that there was an actual philosophy branch that believed there's really no point in anything. xd

It wasn't really silly of you to get embarassed, it makes perfect sense... You just reminded me that I was once "that guy". :XP Na yah... can't change history.

Ah, right... you said love isn't really your thing? Or something along those lines. I used to think that, still do... untill I fall for someone that is. xd A friend of mine lasted 3 years... I don't believe in soulmates, but there's so many different people on the planet that I think there's (as my ex gym teacher put it) a lid for every pot. I even met people like me... So that's gotta count for something. xd (However, we fight to the death every few weeks. blaugh )

... Sunday. Last day of holidays (ok, it's Monday really...) and I did nothing the whole week. Impressive. Well, I coloured a lot of Hindu gods, I found I like colouring Hindu gods... they somehow don't look stupid in pink or teal... I think Hanuman, (the one I coloured pink and teal) kinda resented it though cause when I was meditating and using his name as a mantra, it felt like someone's crushing my brains. I was told to pray to him though, so I'm gonna stick around him for a while and see how it goes.

*hugs*

How did the speech exam go?

You have Geography and History in one class? Nifty... Kinda. Less classes... but less History. :S

30 pages of maths... ? If I had that, I'd just lay in a coffin and pretend to be dead untill the end of the assignment razz I jest. But I wouldn't be pleased. xd

This week... Ok I don't have much to say cause I was being really asocial and stayed in my room most of the time. Which I enjoyed greatly cause people were starting to get on my nerves. xd

I found out a friend of mine got his nose pierced on the same day that I got my tongue, only 1,5 hour later. So in a way it's a good thing that there's classes tomorrow cause I get to see if it looks good on him or not smile

I moved My Blog from wordpress to blogger. I am very pleased! It is soooo easy to manage! And it responds in under 20 seconds... and does what I asked it to do! Amazing. But then, it's Google's.

I'm gonna go meditate and sleep now. It's 2:30... I hope I can sleep, I'm getting my insomnia attacks again. confused  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 10:40 pm
xd Tee-hee. Flock-ee-gnaw-ee-leh-pliff-ee-kay-shun. o_O That was hard... I've managed to teach most of my slightly more 'insane' classmates to say it. ^^;

Oo, Latin. ^^ I've got a Latin dictionary around here somewhere. [starts frantically searching and gets buried under a pile of clothes] ^^; Guess not. but I do!

Philosophy over pizza is fun, and wow, a philosophy over pizza session discussing pointlessness... wink

Hindu Gods, eh? I think we had to learn about those at an old school I went to, of the "rudolf Steiner" branch. They had weeeeird policies for a school. Good luck. ^^

Speech exam.

HONOURS!!

Woo-yeah-woo!

I am so happy! Seeing as I've got honours on all of my speech exam results, and best speaker in all the debates I've done, my speech teacher let slip I'll be getting the speech cup at the end of the year! [bouces round room] Plus, this is the first year that they've introduced a "speech" cup. Let's just hope the speech final for the school competion goes well...

Plus, getting honours on all the examinations means that you could be selected to partake in a national competition - whee! whee

^^; Sorry about that. But yeah, in case you hadn't guessed, honours the top mark.

I was worried after the exam though... She bombarded me with questions regarding my talk, so I panicked as to whether I had explained it correctly. But, obviously I did. ^^ We had to do a 5 min impromptu talk, and impromptu book extract that the examiner chooses, and an improv running commentry.

And... other exams have gone well so far as well. Thus the not being online so much. x_x But, we had English first, and the essay just "came" to me in there. A text response on theme for Tomorrow, When the War Began by John Marsden. Next up, Creative writing. Most people failed that section as they didn't paragraph. o_o How bloody stupid can you get?! It's fundamental!

Anywho, not my problem. But yeah, we where given a starter sentence and had to write about 200 words on it, but I did two pages. >_< I had pleeenty of time though, I was really surprised. The starter sentence was "I'd always wanted to..." So. I did "...go back there". I wrote in first person, who was a depressed pessimist about a fish'n'chip shop she used to work at. That's all I can remember. >_< Apart from a few sentences... "I'll paint a picture for you, of my little slice of hell. Icicles of fat cling to the once pure plasterboard ceiling. A mini seaside is engulfed in sweaty walls that squelch whenever a new order is released." And then rambled about the chips being slimey yet satisfying. xp

Formal writing... Eh. Again, starter topic. Alcohol being dangerous. I think I ranted on that one. Next up, comprehension. o_O That one was hard. >_<

I've not got my results back yet, soo... fingers crossed. >_>

And social studies was today. Not too bad. One section was geography/graphing/values and was meant to take an hour, but I did it in half. sweatdrop The next hour and twenty minutes was on history, where you could choose from particular topics, like the 60s, Treaty of Waitangi etc. I was gonna choose the "cheat" option (what factors contribute to a succesful work environment) but I had aaages to go so decided to see what I knew about the other subjects. o_o And I did actually knew something. I am shocked.

Only science and maths to gooo... But they're my worse. >_< I have however, made revision notes and a good luck charm.

On a health note, I'm being tested for diabetes. gonk I've gotta go for three blood tests, over seperate days. [shudder] I have bad experience with 'em. Very bad. Partly because I usually faint after them. Then again, they did take five in one day... dramallama But, the lady who did it today was great - I thought "oh gosh, she's old, she won't know how to properly use the "technology" and will use the horrible old hurty things". I was pleasantly surprised. smile

In a way I hope I do have it. Not to be a drama queen, but because I'm sick of being ill, and then going to the doctors and nothing "being wrong". ._.

This week has gone fasssst. Monday was bloody awful. I finally came to terms after a year that mum definitely isn't coming back, so had the day off. That, the previous day didn't go too well.

However, I did manage to get to the market. Yeeaah... Every year, the Haumoana market occurs. One market, once a year. ._. Soo... crowded... I got some good "supplies" - shells, bowls, goblet and purse. Emily the Strange purse, thank you very much. ^^; Next year, I hope to steal a corner of somebodies stall and sell some art..

I am rambling. sweatdrop I'm sorry!

Tee-hee, congrats on being alone. It's sometimes really hard to achieve...

Google, quite simply, is awesome. I've heard that G-Mail is also pretty nifty, but I've not heard of blooger... Nice job finding it. smile

Meep... Insomniac-ness is not good. ._. I feel your pain. Meditation usually helps. You may want to try balancing your chakras - as Michel says in her class, stick a crystal on each one. Get some incense going too. ^^ Candle-light is great as well, and it's even better if you make 'em yourself. I myself have one dedicated to sleep. It's circular, and has little blue and white slanted thick stripes. I scented it with some lavender essential oil, and put some runes on it to encourage sleep. I only burn it when I need sleep.. Similarily, I have a yellow square study candle, with Eucalptys(sp?) scents and runs which I only burn for study. ^^;

As well as that, try investigating Negators. New Zealand makes 'em, and put simply they're a collection of crystals in a little dome... thingy. One of the things they do is relieve being an insomniac, trust me. They also do a bunch of other things... Combat depression, combat illness, remove negativity.. The lot. If they don't ship to Slovenia (and that's next to Italy on a map! 4laugh ) then I can get one and ship it up. wink

Aurellion

[Helmorana]

7,700 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 12:36 pm
I don't have a latin dictionary. We have a whole bunch of ancient german ones that nobody understands... but no latin.

Who's Rudolf Steiner? :S A private school I suppose? We only have one private school in my country and it's Waldorf style. smile I kinda like it.

CONGRADS!!

I'll keep my fingers crossed for the nationals biggrin After watching that vid I believe you deserve it.

All that improvisation is making me dizzy. I could only do it about a book I like. And I'm not good at public speeches, I don't like people staring at me when I know they have no idea what I'm talking about.

Not paragraphing? confused I think they smashed that in our skulls when we were writing by dictation in 2nd grade. Introduction, gist, conslusion... Nobody writes without paragraphs after that...

That title sounds nifty! The best title I ever got in school was... on an English competition. The title was: "Pop music spoils the youth." Very appropriate... especially cause I ranted about it a million times before. xd

Are these exams important? confused They sound important... we don't have those kinds of things... except at the end of the 4th year when you take the graduation tests. Maths, English, Slovene and two subjects of your choice. I took History and Philosophy.

I don't like people taking my blood either, they can never find my veins... And if it's not just a normal bloodcheck then they keep sticking needles in my arms untill they find one. Though, I prefer that to the pinch in the thumb, the needle sticking holes only hurt when they're doing them, my thumb hurts for a week. -_-

I'm sorry to hear about diabetes... I hope you don't have it, it is a big responsibility. Life does change, but it's not unmanegable. One of my best friends has diabetes and we can basicly do everything we did before... Only that I know if she blacks out to give her sugar, and I got used to carrying it with me when I'm with her, even though I know she has it too. She was a little nervous about being on a festival and having diabetes this summer, but it was just fine. smile So if she could live through Rock Otočec, all is well. xd But I seriously hope you don't have it.

G-mail IS pretty nifty. smile I use it, more or less. For things I don't wanna lose. I have an e-mail account that came with my ISP as my "mother" account, but for most things other than coresponding I use g-mail.

Insomniac-ness indeed isn't good. My mom hasn't slept decently in years. It seems I'm walking down that road too... I'll have to try working on the chakras, I've been thinking about it. Mom has a million crystals but none of us are alowed to tuch them cause we'd polute them with our energies wink So I'll have to wait and get my own set. The last time I made my own candle was when I was 13. They were these pretty bluey-white things in the shape of a cone.

I investigated Negators. xd Mom'd love one (and needed one) and they do ship in Slovenia. (Or I figure it falls under Europe xd ) I'll think about it and save up. I could use some help, other than my lavender aromatic oil, with sleepings ometimes.

On another note, it's the weekend! I love weekends! And I saw Saw III yesterday! After a whole week of painful waiting I finally found out what Jigsaw was up to. I love those movies... I love most psycho movies but that one is just the best. The Saw series I mean... though the gore is... excessive and icky. sweatdrop A man swimming in liquid pigs, twisting arms untill the bone breaks, a doctor opening Jigsaw's skull... seeing the beating brain... Seeing a ribcage being torn open... If it weren't for the psychology and the... plot I'd dismiss the movie as just another gore wannabe horror movie but... I love psychological thrillers... I love psychological movies in general... Donnie Darko per instance. Quite far away from the Saw, but still. The Silence of the Lambs, perhaps.

And it seemed everybody I know were at the cinema at the same time. My cousin, who was with me, said she's not going anywhere with me again because it doesn't matter where we go, I always know everybody. I don't, but they just somehow pile up. neutral It was cool seeing some of them again though. smile

And the rest of the time I mostly studied. My class is full of gems and pearls that moved all of last week's tests to this week... because they didn't study... and now there's hell to pay. I have Chemistry, History and French. The French isn't that hard and I can deal with History, but Chemistry has been driving me nuts.

Also, I got a finnish textbook biggrin I love learning finnish.

And I got a book for my birthday, the Daughter of the Forest... Celtic, witchy, fairytale-ish... amazing. I couldn't put it down. The day that I got it I read till 2:30am and then thought it might be a good idea to get some sleep, the next day being a school day and all... But I lasted about 2 minutes before I picked it up again. I absolutely love it. And Klara was afraid I wouldn't like it, she brought it home from Scotland. Said, and I quote: "It's a romance, I know you don't like them, but a little change will do no harm." razz I usually read historical novels, Oscar Wilde and things like that. xp I couldn't believe how relieved she looked when I told her how much I love it.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 8:20 am
Quote:
And I saw Saw III yesterday! After a whole week of painful waiting I finally found out what Jigsaw was up to. I love those movies... I love most psycho movies but that one is just the best. The Saw series I mean... though the gore is... excessive and icky.

I totally agree, I went to see it too yesterday with my dad and brother, though more as a way for me to escaping the painful truth of what happened to us on Thursday. It has been a bit hectic since then, this is why:

My fiance quit his job ready to start a new one on Monday and, you've guessed it, there now is no new job for him to go to, the company has closed itself down leaving us with rent and bills to pay, a child to look after, christmas just around the corner and a wedding to pay for next year and no source of income eek

Talk about worrying, I'm sure it will be ok, things always work out though I can't help but feel that we have had our fill of bad tidings in the last seven years. Obviously my fiance has been trying to find something else, but it's hard and takes time.... So for a bit of therapy I went to see SAW III, and wow! I could at least think how glad I am not to be in a situation like that. Phew, I'm glad to get that off my chest.

I can also report that I did not win the £100 million, Euromillions lottery jackpot crying but then neither did anybody else, it was a rollover.....again....so I'll be trying again next week for £120 million, well, you never know....and it the money would certainly come in handy.

On a lighter note, I have started reading a new book, second of James Clemens' new fantasy series. The book is called Hinterland, the first one was Shadowfall, and I am addicted. I have only had the book since Wednesday and I have nearly finished it in the small amount of time I have to read it each day. I would definitely recommed this author, his first series (The wit'ch series) was also excellent.

Ok, I might as well add this here as no-one else has posted after me-

Why is it that some people, who are obviously looking for an argument seem to just take out their frustration on someone they don't know i.e. me, when all that someone is trying to do is help. I have never met a more unwelcoming and nasty response to that which I just got from someone. Sorry if this doesn't make much sense but I am incredibly angry right now and just had to get this down and out so that I can get on with my day without constantly thinking about it. stressed  

CraftyCow

[Helmorana]

7,700 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 10:30 am
Au... I'm really sorry to hear about the job... I know what it's like to have no money. Mom has been out of work for years... Wrong education. Though, we moved in with gran, so we at least don't have to worry about having a roof over our heads. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you and will say a few prayers in the evenings. I hope it's going to sunny up for you guys soon.

Saw did that to me too. I came out and was just happy that there's no jigsaw holding his hand over my life... Scarry thought. I don't know if I'd reach into that glass of acid. neutral

I've never heard of James Clemens, I'll check the fantasy section next time I manage to get to THE bookstore again. smile

And people picking a fight... I've just had one of those things happen in one of the Fishing rooms. I met a Croatian guy there (neighbouring country) and we started talking about what jokes we have about each other's country. All in good humor... and the lady who was in the room with us said she's reporting us cause it's insulting and against the rules. neutral I still don't get it... She asked to hear the jokes, it was our own countries and didn't apply to her in any way what so ever. rolleyes

But still... I think they just don't have anything better to do.

Yesterday... I nearly burnt the kitchen down. xd Making french fries and the oil caught fire. I found out Mr.X is related to one of my friends who offered his number and MSN, but I'm too chicken to take it. I skipped History this morning to finnish reading a book for a slovene test we were supposed to have 2nd period, only to find out, when I came to school, that we have the slovene test tomorrow and that I missed a History test by accident. neutral I also failed my Sociology test out of the blue. I haven't got the teacher figured out yet and I didn't know what to anwser to the questions... Since they were broad terms: "What is socialisation?" Blah. Direct anwsers just don't cut it, obviously you gotta explain everything too. The thing that itches me is the fact that I actually knew all of the things that I didn't write. neutral

Other than that all has been swell. I got my barbell replaced and is now not crashing against my teeth all the time and it actually looks cute razz I kana'd my hair and they smell good smile

heart I love autumn. heart

Oooo! I almost forgot! I've had a week of spectacular news! biggrin Metal Camp this year (2007) is going to take 7 days! 5 days of concerts! And Blind Guardian are coming. I adore Blind Guardian. They've been my favourite band since I first started listening to this type of music. And they've been here in October and they're coming again and I'm sooooooooo happy! biggrin biggrin biggrin *jumps up and down* Ok, I feel better now. smile  
The Sitting Room - - [real-life, quest threads, chatterbox, etc]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff