Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Spastic waffles

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 3:37 pm
Tangled Up In Blue
Spastic waffles
Have any of you heard that Darwin, on his death bed, said that his theory of evolution was wrong?

A common misconception.
Er...Sorry.

Someone just told me that, I didn't look into it further.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 10:12 pm
LRD_nick
Things cant choose to evolve.
They evolve according to where there from and which such.
Now I am not saying we didnt evolve from monkeys,We could of came up from dust and which such.

i agree on the "cant choose to evolve" part, but animals created however they were created. God created EVERY animal, female and male. when scientists claim they found a new speicies...its NOT new.....they just havent discovered it yet. creatures dont need to evolve into something new because they're created for whatever god made them. and if they die off they DIE OFF.

oh and guess what? I looked up my Exhaustive Concordance of the bible and the word "evolve" DOESNT EXIST. it is NEVER used once in the bible. if animals were to evolve dont you think god would have said something about it?

btw, an Exhaustive Concordance is a book that shows EVERY word that is used inthe bible and how many TIMES its used and WHERE its used.  

ElenaMason

1,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Haven923

Aged Gaian

7,600 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 9:26 am
thrashmetaljunkie
dude, think of it this way...dinosaurs were around millions of years right? well God himself said our time is nto his time..those 7 days HIS time, could be 30 million years in our time. Just as 2000 years for us could only be 2 minutes for God. Also, it says that the streets are paved with Gold..so let me get this straight...the universe has streets through out the stars that are paved with gold...SWEET!!!...uh...no lol, sorry bro, i'm not trying to be mean, just giving ya sumthing to think about...^^
(((I look like a noob for quoting teh first page.....))) 'Paved in gold' is a kinda metaphor. Gold dosn't rust and it lasts for a long, LONG time. It is a symbol of eternity, that Heaven lasts for eternity.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 11:46 am
SaintXenos
LRD_nick
Now I am not saying we didnt evolve from monkeys,We could of came up from dust and which such.

i agree on the "cant choose to evolve" part, but animals created however they were created. God created EVERY animal, female and male. when scientists claim they found a new speicies...its NOT new.....they just havent discovered it yet. creatures dont need to evolve into something new because they're created for whatever god made them. and if they die off they DIE OFF.

oh and guess what? I looked up my Exhaustive Concordance of the bible and the word "evolve" DOESNT EXIST. it is NEVER used once in the bible. if animals were to evolve dont you think god would have said something about it?

btw, an Exhaustive Concordance is a book that shows EVERY word that is used inthe bible and how many TIMES its used and WHERE its used.
but I am saying.
Ok let me clear this up.
What you people are sayin is God says BAM theres a tree,that tree started from a seed,god just didnt put it there.
God made the process that created us and the animals.  

dirtdevilgrunt13

ElenaMason

1,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 1:51 pm
LRD_nick
SaintXenos
LRD_nick

but I am saying.
Ok let me clear this up.
What you people are sayin is God says BAM theres a tree,that tree started from a seed,god just didnt put it there.
God made the process that created us and the animals.

um yeah, god DID just put it there. he can create something out of nothing. he created us from dust! of all things. he doesnt need a seed to start something. it exists merely off the top of his whim. are you trying to deny god's power?  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 1:59 pm
SaintXenos
um yeah, god DID just put it there. he can create something out of nothing. he created us from dust! of all things. he doesnt need a seed to start something. it exists merely off the top of his whim. are you trying to deny god's power?

Ah, but this goes back to Spinoza's point, which is that If God is all-powerful, and if the laws of nature function by his decree, why would he create a uiverse that is "so weak, and has ordained for her [nature's] laws so barren, that He is repeatedly compelled to come afresh to her aid if He wishes that she should be preserved, and that things should happen as He desires"?  

Tarrou

ElenaMason

1,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 2:05 pm
Tangled Up In Blue
SaintXenos

Ah, but this goes back to Spinoza's point, which is that If God is all-powerful, and if the laws of nature function by his decree, why would he create a uiverse that is "so weak, and has ordained for her [nature's] laws so barren, that He is repeatedly compelled to come afresh to her aid if He wishes that she should be preserved, and that things should happen as He desires"?

considering the universe "so weak" is merely an opinion, not a fact. i dont think its that weak at all. there are predators and there are prey. they hunt and each other, and mankind sometimes exstincts an animal from hunting it too much or didnt have time to preserve. its call "crap happens". thats just how it is  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 2:26 pm
SaintXenos
considering the universe "so weak" is merely an opinion, not a fact. i dont think its that weak at all. there are predators and there are prey. they hunt and each other, and mankind sometimes exstincts an animal from hunting it too much or didnt have time to preserve. its call "crap happens". thats just how it is

Except that's not exactly what he's asking. Perhaps I didn't add enough context. The quote I used comes from a part of Spinoza's Theologico-Political Treatise, and specifically from a chapter wherein he argues against the idea that miracles represent a contravention of the laws of nature (and by 'nature', it should be noted that Spinoza really means all of creation, as in the entire universe and all of its physical laws). So, as it applies to evolution and abiogenesis, the question would be, "Why would God create a universe whose laws and/or conditions were not up to the task of creating life on their own?" If in this universe, life could not have appeared on its own and evolved on its own, then we have to assume that to create it, God broke the laws of nature--laws that He Himself had established--in order to ensure the existence of life. And to Spinoza's way of thinking, if God had break the laws of nature to get done what He wanted to get done, then God had indeed created a 'weak' universe that was not up to the task of fulfilling God's ends on its own.  

Tarrou

ElenaMason

1,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 9:37 pm
Tangled Up In Blue
SaintXenos

Except that's not exactly what he's asking. Perhaps I didn't add enough context. The quote I used comes from a part of Spinoza's Theologico-Political Treatise, and specifically from a chapter wherein he argues against the idea that miracles represent a contravention of the laws of nature (and by 'nature', it should be noted that Spinoza really means all of creation, as in the entire universe and all of its physical laws). So, as it applies to evolution and abiogenesis, the question would be, "Why would God create a universe whose laws and/or conditions were not up to the task of creating life on their own?" If in this universe, life could not have appeared on its own and evolved on its own, then we have to assume that to create it, God broke the laws of nature--laws that He Himself had established--in order to ensure the existence of life. And to Spinoza's way of thinking, if God had break the laws of nature to get done what He wanted to get done, then God had indeed created a 'weak' universe that was not up to the task of fulfilling God's ends on its own.

and what exactly are these "laws of nature" you speak of? god gave animals the ability to reproduce. that in a way is reserving their own kind, but that doesnt mean they're going to survive. im surprised mankind by itself can survive. we kill each other all the time whether its by war or by simple murders or accidental murders.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 10:49 pm
SaintXenos
and what exactly are these "laws of nature" you speak of? god gave animals the ability to reproduce. that in a way is reserving their own kind, but that doesnt mean they're going to survive. im surprised mankind by itself can survive. we kill each other all the time whether its by war or by simple murders or accidental murders.

Quite simply, everything--from the more immutable laws of physics and chemistry to the rather more chaotic survival of the fittest. In fact, I'm trying to synthesize quite a few different concepts here, including both abiogenesis (chemistry/physics) and evolution (biology). Think of the universe I'm proposing as a sort of divinely-engineered machine that executes all of God's designs for it without His constantly having to tweak it. Essentially, I'm putting forth a kind of theistic evolution here.  

Tarrou

ElenaMason

1,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 12:08 am
Tangled Up In Blue
SaintXenos

Quite simply, everything--from the more immutable laws of physics and chemistry to the rather more chaotic survival of the fittest. In fact, I'm trying to synthesize quite a few different concepts here, including both abiogenesis (chemistry/physics) and evolution (biology). Think of the universe I'm proposing as a sort of divinely-engineered machine that executes all of God's designs for it without His constantly having to tweak it. Essentially, I'm putting forth a kind of theistic evolution here.

I see. But science is also mankind's interpretation of how things work. and the vast majority of it is quite accurate.....but not all of it. *stretches and yawns* man its late. and to be honest i think im gonna pull out of this debate. ill never believe in evolution so its probably pointless for me to debate in here anyway xD  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 4:28 am
N see,thats the greatness of Gods work,free speech and freedom.
She just choose to stop because of what she beleaved in.
Thats one of my points,you have your own brain,you have chooses on what you can think and do.  

dirtdevilgrunt13

ElenaMason

1,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 10:52 am
LRD_nick
N see,thats the greatness of Gods work,free speech and freedom.
She just choose to stop because of what she beleaved in.
Thats one of my points,you have your own brain,you have chooses on what you can think and do.

that and i find the topic of evolution really boring xd im not even sure why i jumped into it heart  
*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff