Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Welcome to the Rehab Center Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 86 87 88 89 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ess

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 12:16 am
SeanV
I just saw my first glimpse of a pagan fluffy bunny. Yep, she had all the symptoms. She was all like, "yeah, christians suck and that's why I'm wiccan. You shouldn't be like that." I was like, 'jeez!'
Aren't they horrible? sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 5:03 pm
Hello everyone.

If you want to call me a "fluffy", go ahead, but here's my story. I've been a pretty devout Christian all my life, but not in the stereotypical "holier than thou" way. Recently, though, because of some abilities which I seem to have, I have come under pretty heavy pressure from a lot of other Christians. I've even been called a "witch" (although I guess speaking gender-wise, "wizard" or "warlock" would be more appropriate) by some of them, and have even been banned from an MSN chat room because of it. I figure if my fellow "Christians" are going to treat me like that, then why should I bother associating myself with them? I looked into a few of the other MSN chat rooms, and came across a few wiccan chat rooms, and found that I was generally accepted without anywhere near the drilling that I had received in the other rooms. In the end, though, what it all really boils down to is that I'm looking for a religion where I can be accepted for what I am, and also learn the true potential of my abilities.  

Jayden Kelvari

Rosemary Girl

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 6:47 pm
Jayden Kelvari
Hello everyone.

If you want to call me a "fluffy", go ahead, but here's my story. I've been a pretty devout Christian all my life, but not in the stereotypical "holier than thou" way. Recently, though, because of some abilities which I seem to have, I have come under pretty heavy pressure from a lot of other Christians. I've even been called a "witch" (although I guess speaking gender-wise, "wizard" or "warlock" would be more appropriate) by some of them, and have even been banned from an MSN chat room because of it. I figure if my fellow "Christians" are going to treat me like that, then why should I bother associating myself with them? I looked into a few of the other MSN chat rooms, and came across a few wiccan chat rooms, and found that I was generally accepted without anywhere near the drilling that I had received in the other rooms. In the end, though, what it all really boils down to is that I'm looking for a religion where I can be accepted for what I am, and also learn the true potential of my abilities.

hey
welcome

in most cases 'witch' is fine for both males and females
tell us about these abilities
what are they? how long have you had them? how old were you when they happened? and how old are you now?

and in my church, unless you used a ojui board or tarot cards, they would came those are by the power of God
A friend of mine would have dreams about what would happen in the next week
totally ruined the suprise of my friends engagement

And follow the linklist
there's some good stuff in there  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 7:55 pm
Rosemary Girl

hey
welcome

in most cases 'witch' is fine for both males and females
Alright. I wasn't really sure about that, hence the precaution.
Rosemary Girl
tell us about these abilities
what are they? how long have you had them? how old were you when they happened? and how old are you now?
My abilities include psychometry (limited), empathy, premonitions, and energy transfer. [edit: Forgot to mention the ability to sense spiritual energy (a.k.a. ghosts)]
Rosemary Girl

and in my church, unless you used a ouija board or tarot cards, they would came those are by the power of God
A friend of mine would have dreams about what would happen in the next week
totally ruined the suprise of my friends engagement

And follow the linklist
there's some good stuff in there
Sounds like you've got a good church. Too bad there aren't any of those around here x_x Just about every church and such that I've been in has wound up drilling me about my abilities as if I were Satan himself.  

Jayden Kelvari

AvalonAuggie

4,050 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 10:49 pm
Jayden Kelvari
Hello everyone.

Jayden, I wouldn't call you a fluffy at all, as you seem like a religious seeker who's exloring alternate faiths. and there's nothing fluffy about that.

As for your abilities I'm not very clear on psychometry (perhaps you could explain further? sorry.) but it seems like if you want a faith that embraces your gifts...Wiccan practice leans more toward "low" magic, but general New Age spirituality tends to involve a lot of that stuff.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 11:23 pm
Psychometry

A method of sensing or 'reading' from physical objects the history of each object (and the history of things and people associated with these objects) which is hidden to ordinary sensibility. The term was coined in the mid-nineteenth century by Joseph R. Buchanan, an American physiologist, who claimed it could be used to measure the 'soul' of all things. Buchanan further said that the past is entombed in the present.

Researchers who followed Buchanan theorized that objects retain imprints of the past and their owners — variously called 'vibrations', 'psychic ether', and aura — that could be picked up by sensitives. Psychometry is the main technique used in psychic criminology.

credit goes to http://www.occultopedia.com/p/psychometry.htm for definition

Simplified - it's the ability to sense the psychic (spiritual/emotional) "residue" on an object, although much time may have passed since the object was originally exposed to the psychic energy.  

Jayden Kelvari

Jameta

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 5:04 pm
Hello, I am Jameta... obviously. I wouldn't officially call myself anything yet- I just started studying a few months ago; however, in that short time, I have gathered a great deal of basic information and have been able to help answer others' questions. I love to learn myself, and hope my knowledge will grow with my stay. For the time being, I will not spill my total belief system, for it's a bit confusing, possibly controversial, and I have a volcanic temper and pride, as some have unfortuatnely found out.

I also know a great deal about the ancient Egyptian, Greek, and Roman belief systems (damn childhood curiosity...).  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 5:47 pm
Hello, everyone. I'm pagan, and that is about as specific as I get. I'm most interested in the older traditions, which, perversely, is the information that I am having the worst luck finding. Coupled with a severe lack of time, you see my problem. If anyone could help me, I'd be much obliged.  

Tartaruga

Deoridhe
Crew

Fashionable Fairy

11,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 10:16 pm
SithDubh
Hello, everyone. I'm pagan, and that is about as specific as I get. I'm most interested in the older traditions, which, perversely, is the information that I am having the worst luck finding. Coupled with a severe lack of time, you see my problem. If anyone could help me, I'd be much obliged.

Which older traditions in particular? At the moment, we have resident Norse, Greco/Roman, and Egyptian reconstructionalists, as well as a wide variety under "educated other." Check out some of the different threads, or start one if you're interest isn't covered!  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 10:45 pm
Deoridhe
SithDubh

Which older traditions in particular? At the moment, we have resident Norse, Greco/Roman, and Egyptian reconstructionalists, as well as a wide variety under "educated other." Check out some of the different threads, or start one if you're interest isn't covered!

Mostly Celtic, really, but anything ancient fascinates me.  

Tartaruga

Aithnea Micheals

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 9:46 am
Hello all. I'm new to the guild. I've been intresting in Pagan belifes for a while, but it has only been recently that I've been really looking into it. Two friends of mine are Pagan and are helping me to understand some of the belifes. Right now I'm reading my first book on witchcraft, Starhawk's "Sprial Dance" and am really enjoying it. Um.... Yeah.....

It's great that you guys are here to help all of us Newbies to the faith(s).  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 12:49 pm
Hello everyone, I joined because I am curious about anything spiritual, and wish to learn more about pagainism. I also strongly suspect a friend of mine isn;t exactly a full on wiccan.( I think she was taught what you call 'fluffy bunny wicca') and I just want to figure out where my beliefs stand.
I am interested in any and all ancient religions, and I know a few myths from each one.( Childhood lonely books worm).  

LemurOverlord

Triste Morningstar

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 12:58 pm
I'm Triste Morningstar, and I'm an atheist/agnostic who was born and baptised Roman Catholic, but raised in a liberal household. I am not Wiccan, nor am I looking into any other Pagan religions. However, I joined this guild mostly because of the theories and ideas I have regarding Wicca. Eventually, I will probably bring these ideas into a thread inside of the guild, but for now, I'm taking a bit of a break from debating Wicca. I am, however, always free if you'd like to talk to me about it.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 4:42 pm
hi, everyone can call me White Raven. I'm fairly new to being WIccan but would love to learn more.It's great to know that there are others like me going through some of the same things as i am and that they are willing to pull together and help each other out.I live in a narrow minded home unfortunately but i pull through any way. My friends are real great about accepting me for what i am and we pulled together even more because of it. I actually enjoy talking to people who are willing to listen before they judge, i may not know a whole lot but i am vbery proud of what i am.  

LenoreRaven

Meiriona

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 5:49 pm
Ms.J
hi, everyone can call me White Raven. I'm fairly new to being WIccan but would love to learn more.It's great to know that there are others like me going through some of the same things as i am and that they are willing to pull together and help each other out.I live in a narrow minded home unfortunately but i pull through any way. My friends are real great about accepting me for what i am and we pulled together even more because of it. I actually enjoy talking to people who are willing to listen before they judge, i may not know a whole lot but i am vbery proud of what i am.
white...raven... gonk I sense an afinity with our money grubbing least favrite author. please let me sense incorrectly  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 86 87 88 89 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff