Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

saedusk
Crew

Dedicated Bunny

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 6:01 pm
Though Aprife had eased his way into the speech and found himself relatively comfortable by the end, he was admittedly pleased to see the hand rising above the crowd without hesitation, leaving very little room for silence. Even better, the question posed was a good one. The sweeps had withered his patience for ignorance, after all. Ah, he'd have to keep that in check, it wouldn't do to leave a bad impression here.

"There are plans in the works for further expansion, enough to ensure we can actually function as an independent society. Medical facilities are a priority. Considering training facilities and instructors is, too. We all have to be prepared for the worst and not everyone here has gone through the same conditioning... It's best to get everyone up to speed.

On that note, we'll need everyone to keep working with us if we have any chance of actually building everything we'll need. And honestly..."
he shifted his weight, half-shrugging as his eyes drifted away from Keionx and around the rest of the circle again, "... we're still in need of supplies. Weapons, food, other non-natural resources... If anyone has a possible connection outside Salamire, let me know about it."

Aprife was turning back to Keionx, halfway to giving her a small nod to show he was finished when a familiar voice caught his attention instead. Reefy was a nickname he didn't particularly mind if he were being honest. It was obvious Maneki enjoyed handing them out like candy, and he certainly didn't feel like raining on the kid's parade, but hearing Forera use it instead almost had him rolling his eyes. Almost.

"Forera," he returned in short greeting, sounding momentarily deadpan. "No one's going to make you stay past the meeting, if that's what you're asking. You're free to do whatever you'd like. If you're planning on leaving the swamp, though, might be a good idea to let someone know."

DraconicFeline

quite uneventful

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 6:51 pm
Poe was brought back to Alternia when his friend sat by him and pulled his hand out of his sweater. "Oh! Wow, Neki, hey!" he said quietly, and looked at the bracelet placed on his wrist. It was all sorts of colors, and looked very crudely handmade, like most things in the swamp. It was very nice though... Poe smiled. "It looks great!"

He listened intently to Aprife's words. The yellowblood adult was just so cool, and smart! That's what head of intelligence meant, right? Smartest? He'd have to think of a good joke to tell him later. Poe tried to commit the other names and titles to memory. He thought he sorta knew who those were, considering they were also the only Big Adults.

Byakko, who was taking care of Maneki, was obviously the rebel leader, and he'd seen her around. She was kind of... intense, but nice enough. Odette offered help to those who wanted to go to their hives... Vremea was a medical person... Wasn't that also Tete's job? Or maybe he just did the science and robotics and cool stuff like that! And Zeffer... he knew that one for sure! That's the big cool blueblood. Poe thought he should go ask him sometime if he could join the patrols! He still felt... pretty useless.

The greenblood began to notice his friend was still holding his hand, and he felt his face turn green. The tealblood's hand was really warm, and it was comforting. Poe hoped he wasn't sweaty or anything, and he gave a light squeeze. When Aprife finished talking, his hand was released and another question was asked.

"O-oh I'm okay..." he said. He was feeling a bit better now anyway! He grinned and reached under his chair, where he was keeping a jar of fireflies. "I love them! Did you help catch them? They're very... delightful!" he joked. Placing the jar on his lap, he tilted his head and looked at Maneki, thinking about what Aprife just said about resources. "Um, do you think Ree- I mean, Aprife... that we would want to get my woolbeasts? Besides Lanata, I mean," he started, playing sheepishly with the bracelet. Woolbeasts were still a natural resource, sort of, but if they needed more stuff..."I had a lot more at my hive and, uh, maybe I really need to get them into the swamp too... That'd be helpful, right?"

Magician Arcana
nekineko

purplerosesbeauty

Springtime Spirit

Sypon
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 11:53 am
“Well damn!” Aerona laughed. The energy between these two was infectious. She drew her braid across a shoulder and listened to the two converse. Being considered so highly by Luxara was a point in her favor. After bonding with her, she was definitely warming up to the redblood. She hummed quietly and nodded along with their comments, but not being a part of the main conversation she took a moment to continue looking around the swamp.

And there he was. The purpleblood, Cerpin. He joined the blueblood and Forera, and the three took a seat. Highbloods sticking together? Aerona grit her teeth and felt a fire rise in her cheeks. Their past grievances with eachother aside, she didn’t expect the cooly clique to form so fast. She’d have to have a word with Forera later.

Aerona turned back to her conversation partners, but the Strategist Aprife had begun the initiation. She shifted in her seat and listened intently, taking mental notes on her tasks and those in charge. Reconfirming the mission: Hemoequality. She hoped the coolies could hear that in the back. Aprife Invasi, Zeffer Siroco, Byakko Mawiya, and Odette and Vremea. She had yet to chat with Zeffer, but soon realized he was integral to her concerns. With patrols and internal defense and security at stake, he was a must to ask questions – but later.

Holding herself back from applause, Aerona waited for questions to pop up – soon seeing none other than the high-falutin’ orangeblood who had been with Odette at The Root. Dang! She really did live up to her hero title. With Keionx’s legitimate questions and her quaint pattern of speech, Aerona was invested in the answer. However, a question that was… Not as legitimate popped up soon after. Forera stood and immediately made a fool of herself.

A personal break? Aerona’s hands clenched into fists. She shot venomous side glances at Etsali and Luxara and clicked her tongue in disgust, hoping for some solidarity. You didn’t just take a break from the Initiative, you idiot. What are you even here for? Simmering, Aerona made another mental note: Never mind have a word with Forera. She’d have to beat her a** into place later.

KitsuneAura
what a jerk amirite ladies

Gl!tch~
dump forera and get with me luxara

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 12:09 pm
Was Forera for real right now? Luxara leaned back, rolling her eyes. And yet in the past, Forera insinuated she couldn't keep her mouth shut. Oooookay, then. The greenblood caught Aerona's glance and returned it with a disappointed head shake. I know, right? she tried to convey, wordlessly.

When she got an opening, after a cute little midblood spoke up, she raised her hand. "Sir! Hey, there! Captain Intelligence Officer! I can't say I can help with connections to people outside of the swamp, or at least ones who can risk being involved, but I can definitely help with hunting creatures that live around here. I can teach others, too, if they wanna learn. It's a messy process to get the meat, yeah, but it'll keep us going. I can volunteer to scavenge, too, if you need. Anything to help!" Was that a slight dig at Forera? Noooo, never!

"And going off of what the kiddo just said, going back to hives, should we have a volunteer system to help people move their stuff from their homes on over here? It's probably more risky for some folks more than others, and we gotta watch each other's backs, right?"

Sypon
Anything for you Ace emotion_kirakira

saedusk
: D

Gl!tch~

Fashionable Genius

4,475 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200

zeflamigo

Interstellar Astronaut

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 1:49 pm
Silent but present, Odette stood to the side of the action, letting her fellow officers hold the show. Aprife was an impressive speaker, more than she had anticipated. He said everything that needed to be said, and it was apparent that he had prepared for the moment. They were a stronger team than she had expected, after everything that happened. Bigger, too, she thought, still amazed at the sheer number of new recruits.

Feeling almost prompted by the two greenbloods, she turned to face them, taking a deep breath, quelling her nervousness before speaking up. "I'll be helping with that," She explained, giving a small smile. "My powers allow me to conduct more discreet, faster work. It's dangerous for you to try to return on your own. I'm willing to lend a hand to anyone in need of relocation assistance." She folded her hands together, looking to the crowd. "We want everyone to be happy and comfortable living here. I know it's a big change, I want to do my part to make the transition as easy as possible, for all of you."

"Anyone can approach me personally after the meeting, if need be," She finished, and paused for one last smile. Turning back to Poeias, she gave him a little nod of acknowledgement. It probably wouldn't be a one-troll job, but she'd definitely help get those woolbeasts for him. Not only because she wanted to help the boy, but she knew they'd definitely prove to be useful in the outpost.

She exhaled, a warm fluttering still lingering in her chest after she talked. Despite how worried she was to speak initially, the words came more easily than she expected. Perhaps she was driven to impress her fellow leaders, or perhaps the new recruits. More than anything, Odette wanted to provide an image of solidarity, for all of the rebels present tonight. Hopefully she was doing a good job.

purplerosesbeauty
save the sheepies

Gl!tch~
and the gerbs

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 4:18 pm
      Vremea sat toward the side of the group, chatting idly with the other officers, feeling a lot older than she looked from her spot near the front. With such a large group of trolls currently in the room, Vremea had to fight to keep the stupid grin off her face and appear calm-- But the pure excitement and promise of relaxation for the day was enough to make her skin practically glow. A surge of pride pushed through her as her eyes fell upon each face that was there, observing many familiar and new faces. She was a little quizzical at not seeing Milieu there-- She hadn't seen her around recently, but she figured that was because of terrible timing on both ends. Today she was counting on seeing the rest of the scouts, and granted, she'd already seen Kei there. Stryke as well, along with a few others like Rasali and even Etsali.

Watching Aprife give his speech, Vremea nodded occasionally at what he said, eyes always searching for the rest of the scouts throughout the entirety of it, feeling only a little worry-- They'd be fine. This place was safe. They even had patrols now! Relaxing herself, her golden-eyes stayed on the other officer, watching him address the questions of the group, a pleasant smile on her face. Odette had spoken up too, assuring them she'd help and offering her services after. Throwing a softly smile in her direction, the yellowblood clasped her hands together tightly. It was almost her turn!

The moment things seemed settled, Vremea stood and walked over to where he had been, excitement making her smile grow wider. This very meeting had been something she'd been waiting the rebels to do since things went haywire back when Errade betrayed them. It had been a few weeks now since the Outpost was discovered by the rebels, and she was sure the trolls were looking for a way to possibly meet that wasn't while working. This would be perfect to help them stay united!

"Hello all! Thank you again for coming. To clarify, I am Vremea Everai, Chief Health Director." With a friendly, welcoming smile and a soft wave toward the group around her, Vremea continued eagerly.

"You might recognize me from that night-- I was in charge of moving the Mother Grub. Those of you who stayed by me and helped move and protect her, thank you ever so much. You all did amazing work! For those who helped keep attention away from the wagon as well-- Thank you. Truly. There are no words I can say to express how thankful I am." Vremea even curtsied to show her gratitude, a light bowing of her head accompanying the slight lift of her skirts. The Mother Grub was their first "victory", and she cared for her deeply, especially now during their time of seclusion. Wigglers were so important, and they needed guidance, good guidance, should they ask for it.

"I, for one, am very impressed. It is important that in situations such as our last one, we come together and no matter what happens, we support and fight for our cause. And that, we did. We battled against the government, slipping through their caging fingers tactfully; We navigated through the perilous swamp, escaping near death from the killer beasts and drones trying to catch us... And now, we are building a village in the trees, far away from society, where we will finally be safe."

Her face was flushed from emotion, simply overcome with pride at the recounting of their tale. She almost felt her eyes water, but the yellowblood steeled herself and simply sighed with happiness. They were true survivors, all of them-- Even the new ones. They'd done so much, and Vremea wanted them to know and revel in it. She definitely wasn't one to shirk on praise!

Vremea quickly calmed herself down, feeling her pump-biscuit simply swell with joy. She clapped her hands softly before clasping them together, smiling brightly all around her. "Alright then. Enough of my rambling!" She chuckled softly with a wave of her hand, positively giddy from her small speech. "If at any point of the night one of you feels uncomfortable or has any questions, please, approach one of us and ask away. We will do our very best to answer. Your worries and uncertainties are very important to us!"

With one final smile toward the group, the yellowblood walked calmly toward the door, turning around and then addressing the entire the group-- "The next part of our night will be held downstairs. Please join me-- I will be expecting you there!"

The continuing post will happen after a few trolls have posted heading downstairs or after a few days have passed! emotion_kirakira

quite uneventful

Kawaii Garbage

18,425 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175

saedusk
Crew

Dedicated Bunny

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 5:52 pm
Whatever bad blood still lingered between Aerona, Luxara, and Forera would've been entertaining to Aprife, most likely, on any other night. As it were, in the midst of both important business and a rare chance at relaxation, he could've cared less if half of the greenblood's motivation in speaking up was to sleight the tealblood. He could've cared less what teenage drama they had brewing in their pointed glances between each other. And he sure could've cared less about Forera's attitude, the move that brought everything back to the surface to begin with. Aprife had dealt with his fair share of personal turmoil recently and that was more than enough for him.

The grin he wore never faltered and his stance never changed, though, it stayed as casual as it had been. Through both Odette's interjection and Vremea's speech, he never moved from the spot where he stood with his arms crossed. He hadn't been quick enough to give Luxara his response, but he'd wait. Through the redblood's ever-genuinely kind manner and through the other yellowblood's energetic praise, his eyes never left Luxara.

There were a lot of things Aprife wanted to ask her, but those were best left for another time, another place. Part of him had been surprised she'd stayed among them, but he supposed that left less mess to clean up in the aftermath.

"Like Odette mentioned, I'd recommend talking to her before making a move on your own to organize relocations. Especially for kids." The thought of having an entire flock at their disposal was certainly enticing, though, even if he'd have to mull over the best way to make that many woolbeasts comfortable in a swamp.

"Passing on the hunting trade, though... That's definitely something we're going to need. I think Zeffer would be a good troll to talk to about that. Or speak with me later and we'll get something organized. For now, we'd better not disappoint Vremea."

With that and a slight shrug towards the door, he began to move towards the exit. "If anyone has any other questions for me, feel free to ask now or while we make our way down."

Gl!tch~

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 5:54 pm
          The yellowblood hosting the meeting had a lot to say and while she appreciated the information, Tevini felt uncomfortable as the trolls began to converse. It had been a mistake not to find Cerpin earlier and sit with him. She felt so out of place right now. The redblood had seen Etsali wave to her earlier but there hadn't been enough time to move seats and even then, it looked like the older troll had been in the middle of a conversation. Tense, she watched as the trolls in leadership introduced themselves, taking mental notes on their names and titles. She had many questions for the Initiative but felt social anxiety wash over her and the girl stayed silent.

'Maybe... her?' Glancing over to Odette, the presence of a redblood in command gave Tevini comfort. She didn't know anything about the troll but there was a quiet strength to her. There was something about the troll that made one wonder what her story was. The younger redblood looked over to Vremea next, considering her as well. She was also a lowblood in power here- good sign. She supposed it made sense, why would there be any purplebloods here in the rebellion? So far the only one she'd seen was Cerpin... Tevini turned to see if he was still busy and was disappointed to see that he was. Would it be better to wait around awkwardly until he was done and find one of the leader trolls later? Or go ahead and ask her questions now by herself? Uncertain, the tinker troll waited a few moments before getting up and heading towards the door Vremea had invited everyone to use. Tevini didn't know what she wanted to do yet but either way, the answers awaited her downstairs.

Aprife called again for any questions and Tevini decided to organize her thoughts as she followed the crowd down.

((Just a quick short post sending Tevini downstairs! Edited to include a brief mention Aprife's post!))

Doutei

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 6:42 pm
    Oh yes, Muerte had heard about the festivities.

Was hard not to, really. He'd lost count of the nights watching trolls bustle around in preparation, making last second decisions, work on inspiring speeches... okay, maybe troll, not trolls, but that wasn't an important detail. Still, it had been strange seeing Aprife worked up, nervous. Actually, what was probably the most surprising was that he was even allowed to bare witness in the first place.

Not that he minded, or cared really. He wasn't sure what exactly to make of the nature of their... acquaintance, but he supposed it wasn't bad. Wasn't sure if he could go so far as to say he liked it, but it was a little more than obvious that there was some degree of trust precariously dangling between them. However slight or temporal it might had possibly been, it remained all the same. That at least had brought the greenblood some comfort.

But now wasn't the time to be dwelling on those things. His boot nudged the corner of a ratty looking box, testing it gingerly with his weight. He knew it would hold him because he had been standing on it before, off and on and off and on... but it was hard finding things to do with all this contagious energy. He wasn't especially excited for the actual festival—he could have cared less, honestly—but he promised he would have shown up regardless. Only seemed right to see his speech in motion. Okay maybe not his—it was, admittedly, mostly Aprife's words—but it was incredibly apparent that the yellowblood was not the type accustomed to being inspiring, and Muerte had found himself on the end of multiple rehearsals and late-day editing. It was just a totally normal favor for a totally normal officer. If anything, Muerte told himself, he was merely saving himself the unnerving sensation of second hand embarrassment. Yes, that was exactly why he helped Aprife with his speech, completely.

And here he was. Muerte had tried to work up the willpower to enter the compound, but he didn't really want to be around with the rest of them. Instead he was looming from the outside, peeked over a windowsill as he stood on the crate. It was a bizarre sort of sensation, watching the trolls inside chum up with one another. It was a very quiet feeling, something crossed between disassociation and simple loneliness. Not that Muerte Perist ever got lonely. He was completely content in his solitude.

He was at least fairly blind to all the petty drama, and it was better left that way. He didn't care about that sort of gossip, and he was sure he'd inevitably hear about it anyway. Living with a rumormonger did that. His thoughts slowed considerably when everyone inside began to settle, fingers squeezing under the cracked window to lift it up a little further. Aprife's voice was raspy and quiet, a little hard to hear against the background of the swamp, especially through a mostly closed window—click, there we go—he listened, and...

...It was good. An excellent speech. There wasn't any applause as trolls launched into questioning, but Muerte knew that was from a context of environment and not because it was a disappointment. Yes, there was a sense of second hand pride swelling in the greenblood's chest—not that he ever doubted Aprife. There were questions being asked, voices merely speaking up; that tealblood (his eyes rolled) and then Luxara (his eyes ROLLED), but the others were at least pretty sensible. The other officers were taking their turns to speak in turn, and Muerte kept curiously watching all the while.

He almost... felt bad. Another un-ordinary feeling; these things were all so different, disgusting, obtrusive. It was hard to handle them and that notion was almost terrifying. He really should have been in there, but it was a little too late for regrets now. At least no one had noticed him peeking in like a huge weirdo. He thought to descend the small balcony he was situated on—go downstairs like everyone else, perhaps sneak in there—but... he lingered, just for a little. He planned on calling Aprife over should he see an opportunity, but he bit his tongue with so many trolls still present. He'd get a chance later regardless if he didn't get one now. Instead he just shuffled his weight around on his feet, setting a thermos like object on the sill next to him. His hands were tired of holding onto it.

saedusk
not that he even actually said anything but gaaaay

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 10:21 am
It all sounded good when it was rounded up into a fancy speech, didn't it? Etsali had let the conversation with Luxara fall off as Aprife began the meeting, listening attentively and turning her attention to the leaders as they were named. That was important information, and good to be aware of if she was going to have anything to do with this going forward. She continued to mull over that, the question of whether to stay, as the floor was opened to questions, but the first voice to pitch in slowed those thoughts to a sharp halt.

Somehow she'd let herself forget that Keionx was one of them. She barely registered what the question had been, too busy staring across at the other orangeblood, but the answer, at least, drew her attention away from how worse for wear she had looked. They needed supplies, of course they did. Her mouth opened, an offer at the tip of her tongue, but then snapped closed as she remembered herself. Helping the kids with their hives had been one thing, but she couldn't commit to something like this until she was sure.

And then Forera spoke up. Etsali frowned, worry rising up, but before she'd even finished making the decision to have a talk with her teal-blooded friend about what might be wrong, there was a sound at her side. Her eyes snapped to Aerona, incredulous, and then cut to Luxara as she spoke up and- Worry mixed with confusion and gave way to something defensive and a little angry. Forera was a Tunnel Snake. What was Luxara doing?

The thief crossed her arms and turned her head to keep her eyes front and center. She didn't bother pulling the smile back on as she tried to trace back to the last time she'd seen her two friends working together. Somewhere along the way something had happened, that was obvious, and she'd missed it. And no one had bothered to tell her about it. But that was the sum of her experiences as a Tunnel Snake, wasn't it?

Always missing something.

As soon as everyone was done talking, Etsali stood. "I'm going to see what's up with Rera." She glanced down at Luxara, considering, and then tilted her head. "Let's talk about some things later, Luxara." She gave Aerona a little wave that fell short of a nice to meet you, and moved across towards the tealblood without looking back. She didn't know the blueblood Forera had been sitting with, but Cerpin got a quick smile and a fond ruffling of his hair before she glanced over at her friend.

"Hey, Rera, you wanna walk down with me?"

Gl!tch~
um

Sypon
whoops

quite uneventful
hello there

KitsuneAura

Magical Detective

LordPocky

Cunning Codger

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 12:00 pm
Miache Gahiji
Ever the gentleman

She was....so well dressed! Miache nearly swooned seeing such a yellowblood....he really did have such a soft spot for lowbloods. He could never quite pinpoint what made trolls like Keionx and Reemus so much more interesting and.....entertaining than trolls like Tamiya or.....his eyes fell to Forera. They'd never had a true, proper conversation, though what he remembered of her she was rather childish...and how she chose to speak up only solidified it. He pressed his lips firmly together, firmly holding back a disappointed sigh. Perhaps he just caught her at bad times.

As trolls began getting up to leave he stood as well. "To be honest I'm still not certain. But attacking and capturing wrigglers will never sit well with me, regardless who they are associated with. I made a foolish choice, but I certainly don't believe I made the wrong choice." He glanced again at Cerpin. Seeing the younger troll there and uninjured made it worth it. The thought almost made him feel better about the marred flesh. He stared a moment at the lowblood that approached them, deciding it a good time to leave himself. He stood, turned to Forera and nodded politely, "Then, if you'll excuse me," he held out a hand to Keionx before she could stand on her own, not bothering to hide the rather cocky smirk that presented itself with his offered gesture, "may I escort you down?" he asked, offering a short bow. There was just something about her that made him so amused when he offered what he would generally consider simple polite, gentlemanly gestures.

Zariah Rutace
I DONT KNOW HOW TO INTERACT WITH OTHER TROLLS OMGIMSOSRY

The orangeblood awkwardly watched this exchange, eyes shifting between his twin and the new arrival. That had to be Etsali.....he almost hoped the blueblood hadn't jumped in so he could see just what would transpire next. But....she seemed distracted by the tealblood any way. He quickly caught himself staring and got to his feet, glancing at the group a little curiously. Hm....it seemed like they were all heading downstairs anyway....even if the group broke apart a bit. Well....at least he might as well introduce himself to the other straggler.

"H-hi," he demurred, smiling sheepishly at the purpleblood. "Um....I'm Zariah. Looks like everyone else is already making their way down," he said, grinning a bit. Highbloods made him so uncomfortable....but this one (at least from what he'd overheard) sounded a bit.....lighter, a bit easier to deal with....he hoped.

DraconicFeline
quite uneventful
Yamashii

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 5:29 pm
At least no one had noticed Muerte peeking in like a huge weirdo yet. It wouldn't be long, though, now that Aprife was heading for the door. He expected the draw of the celebration they'd been promised might sway anyone else from asking more questions, so he chose not to linger or look back. No, his gaze was trained on Vremea and the exit, at least until his predisposition to keep tabs on his environment caught up with him. Eyes drifted, they caught the window. Not just a window. A Tete in the Window.

Immediately, he stopped, stock still where he stood. Only moments earlier, in the throes of his speech, Aprife had felt a pang of disappointment at the greenblood's absence. They'd spent hours together editing and refining his writing, and he'd been so sure Muerte wouldn't miss what he helped accomplish. A high hope, perhaps, but Aprife thought the time spent together, keeping busy and working, had helped ease Muerte's thoughts away from everything that had happened. Somewhat, at least. It had helped Aprife, anyway, left him with a sense of undeniable comfort. Not something he'd honestly expected, but something he couldn't help but appreciate.

So, seeing Muerte in the window had been a surprise, that much was certain, but Aprife couldn't deny it made his smile slide into something a little less harsh.

"How long have you been there?" he asked, playfully casual, wasting no time joining Muerte at his impromptu seat. Leaning on one shoulder against the wall, he eyed whatever the doctor had brought with him, now set on the windowsill, but made no move to mention it yet. "Did you hear the speech?"

Melancholies
hey there buddy

saedusk
Crew

Dedicated Bunny

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 6:39 pm
    Muerte was fairly positive emotions weren't contagious, but he matched the yellowblood's surprise when their eyes inexplicably locked. Leave it to Aprife to be constantly conscious. Still, he hadn't expected to be noticed, at least not this quickly, and not by the one individual he wanted to be noticed by. Couldn't say he was disappointed however.

Had he the empathy to properly parse that smile, he might have grasped some significance in it. As it was, he merely tipped to his head to the side curiously, both hands clasped and relaxed on the windowsill. He was in no hurry to get moving; such patience was a very unusual item worn on the good doctor, but it was there regardless, right up until Aprife started his way over.

"Absolutely none of it, I just got here." he face was deadpan, voice void of inflection as he stared down Aprife's casual demeanor.

He waved his hand for a moment before the yellowblood could get a word in, "—Since the beginning of course, you idiot. I didn't waste all that time for nothing who the hell do you take me for."

He snorted, rolling his eyes as he grasped at the thermos. Screwing the top off resulted into a small plume of steam, fragrant and sweet smelling. The contents were warm, but that much was obvious. "Here." he was offering the container forward, huffing almost indignantly, though it was mostly directed at himself. This was so stupid and he felt stupid, but... "It's... tea. You talked a lot." of course, it didn't seem like he was being particularly bothered by his throat at the moment, and honestly the greenblood almost felt bad bringing it up, but Muerte was just doing what he was supposed to be doing, y'know, the doctor-good-health thing.

"A-Anyway," he cleared his throat, breathing in the quaint scent of lemon and honey, "It was perfect, but that's only to be expected."

saedusk
help him

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 8:46 pm
Every step of Muerte's deadpan reveal had the corner of Aprife's mouth inching upward. He couldn't help it, the reaction made the true answer obvious before it even came to fruition. Leaning even heavier on the wall, he waited it out—not that Muerte would've let him get a word in edgewise—and, of course, was wholly unsurprised at the outcome.

Made sense, though, really. Why bother leaving the hive at all if only to show up late?

"My bad, my bad," he soothed. "I was starting to think you weren't gonna show, but I see you were just scoring my performance from the balcony like a true critic." There was a short pause as he watched the greenblood fiddle with the thermos. "Glad you made it."

Honestly, he was, and lately he'd been much more honest with Muerte than anyone. It was nice to have that. It was nice to have someone he could bounce ideas off of, someone he was beginning to feel like he could legitimately trust. Someone... who apparently thought enough about him to bring him tea after a long, arduous speech.

Hell, it hadn't even been that long, not really, not for most trolls, but Aprife's throat was always a bit scratchy. Had been since, well, Muerte knew enough not to bring it up in detail, so the thought hardly bothered the yellowblood. Point was, nearly every night after practice he'd made himself tea to sooth his throat. Looked like Muerte had picked up on it. Not too surprising, as smart as he was. A grateful Aprife clutched the thermos between his hands while Muerte continued his 'critique.'

The delicate scent swirled around him, familiar, calming. Aprife took one sip, two, it was enough to instantly mellow his scratchy throat. A little lemon, a lot of honey, it was just like he made it himself, just like Bumbs had taught him.

"Man..." he muttered through the steam, "Tastes great. Thanks, Muerte, I really needed this... And y'know, thanks for the help, too. S'the only reason it was perfect." The laugh before he took another drink was a pleasantly humorous one.

Melancholies

saedusk
Crew

Dedicated Bunny

Magician Arcana

Eco-friendly Shapeshifter

21,915 Points
  • Hiss of Love 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Waffles! 25
PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 9:33 pm
MORE woolbeasts? Maneki's eyes sparkled at the thought of a herd of woolbeasts floating on a raft in the middle of the swamp.They would be so. cute. Poe was nervous, but hopeful. His hope made Maneki's eagerness that much sharper and hopeful. "Poepoe! Why didn't you tell me about your woolbeasts sooner?" Maneki was practically whining, "It sounds so cool and awesome! I really want to see them and I bet they'd be a lot of help! We could have a, a petting zoo! Right outside the clubhouse and then when anyone was sad or lonely, they could go and pet them and give them hugs! What a great idea, Poepoe. You sure are smart, Poepoe."

He needed to tell Aprife about this asap. A flock of woolbeasts needed extracting as soon as they could. Maybe this could cheer up Muerte. Speaking of Muerte, where was the greenblood? Also, where was Tree Aunt? Bird Aunt and Aunt Aunt had shown up... Oh and Quiet Aunt was gone too. Why the heck were trolls disappearing? Oh well, right now he was on a mission from gog: To save them woolbeasts.

Hopping off his chair, it took only a moment to notice Aprife heading out the door. Wasn't the meeting downstairs? Not... Not outstairs. Outside. There was no outstairs, unless there were and Maneki had never heard of them. Another question he'd need to bother his lusus about.

He took off at a run to the door, and skidded sideways to a stop once he was out it, "Aprife! Listen, we have an urgent mission to - TEETY!" There he was, doctor Muerte of the grumps. Elated, Maneki launched himself at the other troll, giving him a tight hug around the middle. His face was mushed firmly into the lab coat, so his cheerful voice was muffled, "You made it! I was worried you were too grumpy again," He pulled back and smiled up at the other, "Hey! I made you one of these too." Who knew what aftermath the sudden Maneki Hug Attack (patent pending) caused the doctor, but the mutant didn't really seem to care. Grabbing another bracelet from his overstuffed pocket, he grasped one of Tete's hands and slipped it onto his wrist.

"There! When you get angry or sad, just look at it and think about all the friends you have around you. It'll make you happy - JUST LIKE WOOL BEASTS," Right this hadn't been a rescue operation for Doctor Muerte, though gog knew he needed one to get himself out of those doldrums. This was about Poepoe and his magical flock of happiness woolbeasts. Poepoe was his friend and furthermore woolbeasts were just great. His zealous nature for all things good for the initiative took over, "Aprife! Poepoe has a bunch of really cute woolbeasts at his hive and I think it's imperative that we get those woolbeasts for the initiative. Because woolbeasts are cute, and they are also useful, but mostly they're cute. And Teety can give them hugs and be happy." He threw in the doctor for good measure, a tactic learned from arguing with Byakko. But ZEFFER would let me do it, merm.

Melancholies
I'm sorry

saeduck
save the sheep save the doctor save alternia

purplerosesbeauty
A mission from gog

Alternia RP

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers