Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina

Back to Guilds

Welcome to Deus Ex Machina, a humble training facility located on a remote island. 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities
[ORP] HALLOWEEN AT THE BULL - ALL WELCOME Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:59 am
Dawson arrived terribly late but in particularly good spirits. He was clad in a white toga (that revealed a rather hairy, freckled, and round body, as well as part of his tattoos) and sandals (with hobbit-like hairy feet to boot), with a golden laurel and a set of ram horns substituting in for his usual trucker hat that night. He'd been serious about the hair gel part: his hair, which had grown back to its usual shaggy length, had been teased out into a wild dark mane that might have looked appropriate for Dragon Ball Z, and his face and arms had tiger stripes painted on courtesy of Syn (whom enjoyed the mix of lion and tiger and had been happy to offer her help in dressing up).

"YOOOOOOOO!" he roared as he entered the bar, looking rather pleased with himself at the bellowing volume and overall mood. And, well, his costume as well. Dawson was a little body shy, but his weapon had told him to own it, and so loudly he would.

Beelining for the bar, he took a seat by Ms. Gogo herself, giving her a small poke. "You started without me?" he whined playfully.

xxNio Love

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 11:41 am

Al offered a fresh cold beer to the new arrival, "I'm not sure what you are man but this is on the house."

medigel

Melody was fashionably late as promised and arrived in a black lacy dress with black feathers decorating her shoulders and hair. She had on a beaked flat mask that was black and covered in sequins with black feathers all along the edges. She recognized Dawson rather quickly and approached him and his company. She was also offered a beer, but turned it down. She much preferred something with taste. "Hello there chimera-man," she curtseyed. "I believe we've met on the intranet?"

Saliru

Cluttered Hunter

baby_gwing

Fanatical Raider

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 2:34 pm
"Indeed." Kyle agreed with a smile, tipping the glass to his lips. "Me too. I don't think the Death lead will be very pleased if I stuck more tubes into his assistant and rendered him out of commission for a longer period of time than was necessary." He chuckled at the thought, knowing that these weren't empty threats since he wasn't one to put up with or walk away from the dramatic s**t that people like Mark would try to pull off in the infirmary and in doing so, take up their time unnecessarily.

"I like working in the infirmary. I was just one exam short of being qualified as a doctor when the s**t that the shadows pulled ruined my life." He related, looking somewhat sombre now as he reminisced on his past. "I don't know how I landed up in Sun but this is the closest thing to what I wanted to be so I'll find some way to make it work out. What about you?"

hanging gallow

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 7:45 pm
Noah had tracked down some old clothes he could rip up and spent some time over drawing fake wounds on his arms and face, and had, a little begrudgingly, gotten a pair of pointed ears to clip into his hair. He had not gotten a collar, and Laz's totem was still wound around his wrist instead. When he came in, he spotted Pey at the bar almost immediately; he stopped, caught between embarrassment and stubbornness. He wasn't going to leave, just because she was here.

It looked like she was with someone, a tall blond guy Noah didn't recognize, and Noah gingerly checked his feelings about that, like poking at a sore tooth to see if it still hurt. Mostly, he found, he felt relief, still tinged with the guilt he felt about hurting her. But there was no jealousy or upset, and that reassured him. He hoped that the new guy would be better for her and to her than Noah had been.

He found a table off to the side instead of going up to the bar itself, and waved to Al when he looked in that direction, but didn't interrupt.

Beejoux
just thoughts, feel free to ignore

Saliru

prolixity

Shameless Enabler

17,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200

Nio Love

Enthusiastic Lunatic

17,350 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Campaign Manager 500
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 8:07 pm
A beer was placed in front of where her head rested, and she rose her hand up to give a thumbs up to the person responsible. When she heard Dawson's voice, it managed to finally make her want to raise her head, but her effort only went so far. At first, his blurry image made sense. He was all covered in white, and his expression was just as precious as usual.

Then she noticed the horns, and wings, and everything not appropriate for the character, and her eyes narrowed to slits.

This day was not going to go well.

She parted her lips to ask him about it, but they shut before they managed a peep when another woman showed up to take his attention away. One eyebrow went up, then another, and Maebe felt the sting of anger already creeping into her inebriated blood, trying to convince her that somehow, this was Dawson's fault.

But it was not, and never would be, Dawson's fault.

So instead of snapping at her - and inevitably him - her head just dropped back down to the table, slamming into it hard enough to knock her unconscious. Unfortunately, Thaw cared about her too much to let that happen, and she was just left with an aching headache, and the sound of any shred of holiday happiness fluttering away from her fingertips. Goodbye, little shred. Goodbye.

medigel
saliru

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 8:21 pm
"Ah, thanks, dude!" he called after Al before taking a gulp of his new free drink. Finally, something that wasn't straight from the can...

The glint of sequins caught his eye before Melody drew near, and he beamed upon her approach. "Dragon lady! Hehe, glad you could make it, girl, y'look good!" He looked pretty shabby compared to both her and Maebe.

Maebe. s**t. Uh.

"Melody, this one in the bitchin' Gogo costume here's Maebe. Maebe, this one's a newbie Moon--"

Thunk.

Dawson made a startled noise as Maebe's head dropped to the table, and for a moment he was afraid she had literally drunk herself into oblivion already. Setting his drink down, he hovered over her with unsure hands trying to ease her back up. "Ah, s**t...Mayb, you still with me?"

Nio Love

Saliru

medigel

Anxious Spirit

Nio Love

Enthusiastic Lunatic

17,350 Points
  • Campaign Manager 500
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 8:43 pm
"No." Maebe muttered, clearly conscious but unwilling to act like it. "I've abandoned this mortal coil."

You would hate it in hell. It is terribly overcrowded, and boiling hot.

I'd survive.

Then you will survive here, too, you melodramatic child.

Maebe groaned with the annoyance of being sassed by an invisible entity, and pulled her beer closer to hug it to her still-fallen head.

medigel

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 11:05 pm
“I doubt he would.” Matt laughed, thinking about how the death lead had merely just appeared in a portal in front of him and dumping Mark into his arms. Of course Matt had asked for it, but it didn’t mean that he wasn’t the most thrilled about it, besides with how he was dragging Mark across the ground it was likely they would have had more to deal with later.

“Oh, what school did you attend? I was in the residency stage of doctorial school before joining.” Avoiding the entire subject of what had caused it for him, and noting the other man’s face decided to avoid his as well. “Well if you ever wanted I am sure you could one day switch fraction or at least I gather that is an option. I have thought about maybe moving to life but moon seems better suited for me. For whatever reason I seemed more inclined to constantly volunteer to help whenever I have free time, enough that I hardly sleep.” He grinned at Kyle before sipping at his drink.

baby_gwing

stella cinere

Ice-Cold Codger

baby_gwing

Fanatical Raider

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 3:32 am
"You didn't say... which specialty were you in?" The younger Sun asked, looking somewhat chipper at the realization that Matt, like him, was once a doctor in training too. "I was at the University of Notre Dame School of Medicine in Sydney. Not a dean's lister by a far stretch but I think I got by not too shabbily." Kyle related, carefully avoiding any mention of what had happened to get him to where he was today. With time, that could be something that he was willing to share about himself with a select few around him though certainly not now and not over some drinks on Halloween's at the Bull.

"I'll give that some thought. See if I'll be allowed to work the front line both as a combatant and a medic at the same time perhaps?" He proposed on the fly, nursing his drink before setting it back down to gaze intently at the other hunter. "That's fine and dandy though I suppose that you don't need me to remind you that you'll be doing those you're tending to a disfavour if you're not in your top form due to fatigue?" He didn't mean to lecture the Moon on this really but he knew all too well about the potential danger posed to their patients when they themselves were compromised in any way. That in itself was something that was unacceptable to him on a very personal level.

hanging gallow

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:55 pm

Melody smiled at Dawson and then the Gogo apparently named Maebe. "Hello to you too! You look very pretty." She was not sure what that particular brand of Gogo was exactly, so simply assumed she was supposed to be dressed like the other kind. "But, what is your helmet for?"

medigel

Nio Love

Al saw you there Noah and after he was sure he had offered everyone present their beer he slunk on over. Gut sucked in and hips swaggering beyond what is likely appropriate. He sliiid the tray of beer in front of Noah. "Woof woof there stranger. You look like you could use a tall one with a lot of head." He waggled his eyebrows at poor Noah. To be fair, there was a fair bit of foam left to the remaining beers so it wasn't completely inaccurate.

Prolixity

Saliru

Cluttered Hunter

Xaki

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 2:44 pm
The gentle elbow to his ribs didn't hurt him in the least. The teasing tone was something Sin easily replied to. "But I'm not a stranger.." Sin feigned a wounded expression. "And think of me like a sheep in wolf's clothing. See, nothing dangerous? I'm perfectly innocent!"

"Have a drink, mingle." He gently pushed Kylee in the direction of the bar, but he didn't intend on leaving her alone. He came with her, to another side where it wasn't so crowded.

Melodine Cantus

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 4:55 pm
The tweed jacket had been found at the thrift store on leave some time ago, and Zeke had tucked it away in his closet, saving it for a rainy day. With Ever so busy as of late, it had been a relatively bone dry summer. The Lifer was absorbed in his work, and until very recently the Mist hadn't successfully pulled him away from the labs for more than a few hours at a time. Zeke wasn't sure if this new willingness to step away from his research was temporary or not, but he might as well take advantage of it while he could.

So he'd pulled the tweed jacket out, elbow patches and all, and he'd paired with with a button down and sweater combination, and a pair of his nicest jeans. Instead of his usual boots, he'd also pulled out the pair of nicer loafers from the back of his closet.

His glasses sat on the top of his head on the way to the bar, and were only knocked back down to rest on his nose as he walked through the door--

--and came to a dead stop two steps inside, eyes widening behind dark frames as he took in the impressive amount of skin showing. In general, and specifically on the Lifer.

{Not embarrassed anymore, eh boil?}

Apparently not.

Quietly, he crept up behind the other man, and when he was close enough he brought both hands up to lay them on pale shoulders, voice lower as he leaned in to talk in Ever's ear. "And here I thought I'd have the advantage tonight."

and be blue

Beejoux

Wrathful Demigod

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 6:48 pm
"Fer costumin' purposes a'course," he told Melody brightly, trying to cover up for this less than ideal first impression Maebe was making. "You ever seen the movie? She took it real serious fer Halloween."

Leaning in closer, he continued in a hushed voice, "You want I should take you outta the party then?"

Nio Love

Saliru

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 7:14 pm
A quiet, almost unheard snort was muffled out from underneath her helmet.

When Dawson leaned in to whisper at her, she turned her head and gave him a look, before reaching over and placing her hand on his cheek.

"'The ******** out of here." She muttered affectionately, before pushing his face away. "I'll be fine. The dead can still drink." And finally she rose to sit up straight, gave herself a few seconds for the inevitable dizziness, and finally turned her eyes to level an unimpressed gaze at Melody. "Thanks." She deadpanned.

The beer was finally lifted to her lips, without actually moving her head, or tearing her eyes away from the woman. She drank a long sip, set the beer down, and suddenly smiled.

"Don't mind me. I'm drunk."

medigel
saliru

Nio Love

Enthusiastic Lunatic

17,350 Points
  • Campaign Manager 500
  • Ultimate Player 200

stella cinere

Ice-Cold Codger

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 8:01 pm
“Specifically diseases. Pathology and infectious diseases not that it really does me any good here.” Hunters were mostly immune to most diseases with their new gained abilities; same with how they were able to sustain so much damage. “University of California, third in my class.” He would have been higher but the traveling home and to the hospital had eaten some of his valuable study time. Not that he minded it had been for her anyways. She had always been more important.

“Maybe, I think Abbi talked about being some sort of battle nurse at one point. I am not entirely sure how she was going to pull that off either but I am sure there is something you can do.” Matt took another sip of his drink, the expression on his face settled into something a little darker as his brows knotted. “No, I take my job rather seriously in the infirmary. If I did anything that would jeopardize another hunter’s health it would be my fault and I don’t like making mistakes. I learned what my limits are, and I don’t go beyond that point.” The ice clanked in the glass as he swirled the scotch in it, he had always been a perfectionist at his craft and a lot of pressure to make it so. “Anyways we are here for a break, let’s not talk about too much work ok.” There was a faint smile he put on his face glancing back at Kyle.

baby_gwing

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces