View Results

acfaerie

Friendly Grabber

9,150 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 5:23 pm
"Don't hold back, if you don't like it. I won't say it. Just a custom where I'm from." he gave her a half smile as they walked further inward. He could still smell the supplies left from when they had cleaned his wound earlier that day. He turned his attention to her. Her delicate skin, neatly placed hair, and her eyes that glistened in the dim tent light made his heart skip a beat. He could barely swallow as his hands started to get clammy from the situation. So close to her and the aroma she gave was toxic. His mind started to jumble. He looked at her closely as her lips parted.

His lips thinned as his eyebrows furrowed. Remember what? He wondered as he kept his gaze on her as she surveyed the room. His thoughts were jostled again as she spoke. His memories were unreliable. Trust in others wasn't going to happen. He wanted to believe she was safe while he was out but he couldn't be certain. He only had her word and he wasn't sure it was enough at this point. He just hoped she hadn't been locked up while he was unable to stand. Nothing seemed to point in that direction but he still remained a skeptic.

"I told you, not to worry. It will take a lot to get rid of me. You look well. Have they been treating you kindly?" he relaxed his face and stance as he stood by her while she sat in the cot. He rather enjoyed the way she'd smooth out her dress at certain occasions and wondered where she had picked it up.

That was news, he vaguely remembered having a conversation with the man about the farmer but other things were a bit blurry. "Well as long as they are okay." he let his voice trail off as he observed something else was on her mind. At least it looked to be the way as she kept veering from his glance.

"Is something going on, Katrina?" the puzzled expression he gave probably would make anyone pass by laugh just a little. A sniff. Smoke? Someone cooking? Jasper looked back at her and proceeded to listen to her intently. Dangerous? How would she know that? Did she think the french would still come after them? They weren't anyone of importance so why would they go through all that trou-- his thoughts faded as Dieter made his presence. It made Jasper shuffle a bit more upright and raise his eyebrow.

He saw Katrina start to struggle as he pushed her for more information. She looked like she was ready to crack. Quick what should he do? Throw the cot at them? No that wouldn't give them enough time for a getaway. At least not a safe one. More like a getaway to death. He had to come up with something and he had to make it fast. The body movement placed himself between Dieter and Katrina and made it so he looked him straight in the eye. If you had seen the size of this man, this would have been intimidating. He took a gulp of air and exhaled deeply and said

"We've given you all we know, we cannot help you for we know nothing else, right Katrina?" he looked at him sternly and spoke again not letting her answer. "If what you say is true, we need to flee or run or hide. I don't want her to be in the middle of this. I still want to marry her." He pleaded with Dieter. "If we must fight, take me." He looked over at Katrina. "If this is what I have to do to protect you, I will." He frowned at Dieter. "I don't want to die a virgin. Make sure a soldier is by me." he said under his breath as he had gotten a little closer to Dieter. He tried to make sure Katrina didn't hear it, he was sure she'd make a comment if she did.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 2:50 pm
"Yes, please. I do wish you would stop calling me that, so thank you. Do people dress up as dolls in your time?" She asked quite perplexed by this strange custom, she obviously looked rather confused by this.

"Going on... I do not understand." She started to say but she waved that aside. They had other problems to deal with. First, staying in this village was not a good idea. With the impending French attack. Thinking of that, she was feeling guilty and scared at wanting to leave. She had a full speech planned to try and convince Jasper that they should leave, but her intended remark was interrupted by Dieter which caused her to pale visably. He had the worst timing. Which only fueled her guilt at wanting to leave. She grew nervous when she heard the French were already here. But, they had said they would not be attacking for another week. She thought she would have time to warn everyone. Wait, there would be fighting and Dieter would not be wasting his time talking to them. Still, she wondered what Dieter meant. She knew the others in the town distrusted her, she got glares and looks when she had gone to visit Jasper the past two days. She had thought it was because Jasper had been wearing a French soldier's uniform.

Watching Jasper trying to distract Dieter, Katrina hid her face in her hands trying to block it all out. Make it all go away. She felt bad that Jasper had no clue what was going on yet still stood his ground like that. She was wanting to run and hide, but if the French were already there, was it too late? Eyes wide, Katrina could not believe what she was hearing. "What??? No! You have no idea what is at that camp. I heard...." She blurted as she stood. She paled as she stepped back and almost tripped on the cot. Forgetting that Jasper was just trying to get Dieter to not question her. She looked from Jasper to Dieter before she took a deep breath and admitted, "I overheard them saying if they meet resistance, they would slaughter any... well language I will not say... You should run now. They have cannons, and guns. They are joining forces with another army, and you all are severely outnumbered...." She said nervously while she smoothed her dress once more out of habit. She realized she should have said something earlier, but she was hoping it would all go away.

Dieter watched Jasper speak and knew the young man was being mostly sincere. Though, Jasper still spoke in a strange way, which was quite suspicious. Dieter guffawed when the boy offered to fight with them. Clapping Jasper on the back about to tease the scrawny boy when Katrina blurted her concern. And here it was, what she had been hiding the past two days. Dieter had tried letting his wife talk to the girl, seeing how she was a timid little thing, but she had a strong streak of bravery hidden within. Katrina sighed and looked away as she softly added, "I should have said something earlier but I kept thinking there was still time. Surely something can be done still, there are five days left.... There must be some way to avoid all this. Perhaps there can be a truce..." She tried to look small as she stood there her wide eyes and pale face. She fidgeted with her hands while she continued talking. "I... was scared you would think me of some French spy if you knew I understand French. Though I must admit, I am not the best at speaking it. "

Dieter paused as he watched Jasper's reaction, as well as watched Katrina. He had already known the French were going to attack. His brother's farm was enough of a reason to retaliate, but a second army, that was news. They would have to follow through with their plan tonight. And take the camp before they joined forces with the other army. "Bringen Sie ihm was zu sagen, wir gehen heute Abend ihr Lager zu nehmen." He said, switching to German, the broken English would be useless with such sensitive information. "Neen." She said quite sternly. "Wir haben einige Kämpfer und wir brauchen sie alle zu kämpfen. Er wird sicher sein, wird es andere. Das ist unsere einzige Chance." Dieter tried reasoning with her. "Dan kom ik bij." Katrina said with fear in her eyes but she tried to act brave. "Dumme Frau! Nein! Es ist nicht sicher." Dieter said, sounding quite upset then he turned to Jasper experated. "Tell her, not safe for her to come fight." Katrina scoffed as she crossed her arms. "He cannot control me. I am coming if he is going, besides I cannot teach anyone French in such short time." Dieter looked frustrated as he glanced at Jasper again.  

outlaw trinidy
Captain

Adorable Lunatic

acfaerie

Friendly Grabber

9,150 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 3:04 pm
Caught between a newspaper and a news stand, Jasper tried piecing together what was going on with what he knew in Swedish but it was to no avail.
"You guys have to stop switching languages like that, It is giving me a headache." He said as he tried to wrap his brain around the current situation.

Katrina knew French. And German. And English? But how? And how was that not suspicious? Did she intentionally bring them here? He dismissed the idea from his mind by her reactions throughout their whole time together. He didn't think she'd put herself though that.... maybe she wanted to put him through some sort of test? Was this a field test to be an editor? This felt too real to be faked. He wasn't sure what to do or who to trust now.

"Why didn't you tell me you knew French in the bush?" he now looked at her, fairly closed for comfort. His nostrils flared a little. "Is there anything else you are hiding from me?!" he said sternly as Dieter's expression changed.

"She comes I guess. There is no way to argue with her." He said with a shrug. He expected answers, and hoped they would be fast.

A few soldiers started rustling at the entrance and came in and motioned for Dieter to follow.
He gave the "one moment" signal which was universal in every language and he disappeared out of the hut.

He started feeling a tingle on his neck that traveled to his head and made his hair grow a little shaggier with red streaks. His chest got slightly larger along with his arms and height. He sneezed and thought he was getting sick until he looked at his hands and arms and had an alarmed expression on his face.
"Did they do this to me?!" He whispered to Katrina as he was frightened by the changes his body had produced. "What did they give me?" He asked her as he sat himself down on the cot, he let his fingers wander through his longer hair as he was in a daze. This wasn't happening right? This was all a dream.... and all because he tried to be polite....

"That is the last time I am kind to a Dane...." He said under his breath as his eyes met Katrina's again as he pleaded with her for answers.

((he won't change til later.... this was part one change... delayed magical changes))  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 6:02 pm
Katrina blushed when she realized she yet again switched to her native tongue and left Jasper out of the loop. "Do forgive me, Dutch is much easier to speak in than trying English. There are some words that do not translate well. If you wish, I could try translating."

When he turned to her, and showed his anger; Katrina visibly shrunk. She tried to answer but the words got caught in her throat. Backing up further she found she was at the wall. "They had guns, I was scared..." She said softly, guilt showed when he asked if she was hiding anything else. Try as she may, she had no answer for that.

Dieter stayed quiet while he watched the two bicker and fight. Strange that Katrina would keep her knowledge of French from her lover, but she admitted she was not very good with speaking it. He did not fully understand this, but he frowned when Jasper said there was no arguing with Katrina. If they wanted to learn anything in the French tent; Katrina would need to come with. Which meant the risk went back up again.

Dieter was trying to think of a plan, while trying to wrap his head around these two strange young people when he was called back outside. Motioning Jasper and Katrina to wait, he headed outside. Actually glad to be away from the chaos inside. His relief was short lived when he learned the French soldier had almost managed to escape. They would have to deal with the real threat; then figure out what to do with Jasper and Katrina. They were young and foolish, but they were no threat. Perhaps they might be useful though. Dieter sighed while he tried to control this new mess.

Katrina was quiet as Dieter left, she could not look at Jasper without feeling upset. She was not sure what to say, and she was quite sure he was still mad at her. His sneeze drew her attention first, then the subtle change. She did not notice it at first but she realized his hair had changed. ...Did he grow taller? Katrina thought then blinked and shook her head, denying seeing any changes. It was hard to deny the hair though. When Jasper started to question it, she had no answer. "Maybe it is stress?" She dumbly stated. Then looked away fearing he was still mad at her.

As she glanced back, wondering what a Dane was; she caught his eyes and looked helpless. "I really don't understand... I am sorry I lied about knowing French. I was so scared and I just want to go home and find my sister... It's all my fault.... but I don't know how to fix it..." she said fearing tears would come once more. This was becoming a very frustrating day.

Dieter returned, with a grim look on his face; blood splatter was on his clothes. Obviously his mood had soured. He pointed to Jasper then the clothes they had left near the cot. "Change to soldier. We leaving in hour. Katrina, teach him. Get us in camp." Was all he said before he left.

Katrina's legs finally gave out as she slid down the wall and sat in a ball, hugging her legs. This is really happening....  

outlaw trinidy
Captain

Adorable Lunatic

acfaerie

Friendly Grabber

9,150 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 8:47 pm
He had paced around the hut while he had spoken and had paused to briefly look at Katrina. He was completely out of his element. He hadn't gone to war. He heard about the draft and how people were being sent out to the War but he didn't question it. Rules were rules. The Government was the government.

As a concerned citizen of New York, he wasn't there on either side. He wasn't planning on being a part of history let alone "re-live" it. Their time and effort to help their captives had been already allotted. Anything they would have owed them should have been repaid by now.

"Katrina." his hushed voice turned urgent.
"While I was out, did you notice of any ways we could escape this? Or is there no where to go?" He searched her eyes for the answer. Whatever she responded though... he knew they would be met with resistance. There would be trust issues again if they were caught. It seemed like there was no way around it.

He nodded and listened and paused. He mulled over a lot of scenarios that could happen.

"I guess..." his thoughts trailed off. "Sorry, do--Katrina." he looked at his hands. They looked a bit foreign to him but he didn't know why. This new place. These people. This girl. All of it was a bit too strange for him.

His responses were automatic as if part of him knew what to do, part of him guessed, and part of him hoped for the best.

"So... French huh?" He said with an arched brow.
"Care to tell me what else you are hiding? I need to make sure I can trust you. You can ask me anything as well if ya want. You, see I got nothing to hide." He let his finger tips pull through his hair as it felt a little bit on the longer and thicker side than before... he brushed the thought away.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:27 pm
Katrina looked at her hands while she tried to calm down. "I honestly did not notice. These people seem nice, they are just scared with what is going on. They took care of me while you were out. Please, don't hurt them." She said softly, not sure if he would do anything. After all, he was rather violent at the French camp. And his outburst earlier had startled her. Reminding her, he was capable of being violent.

She looked up and her lips started to quiver as she fought the well of emotions surfacing. "I was not trying to hide it. What would you do if you knew French? There was little opportunity to admit I knew their language. The soldiers were being horrible and the people here were willing to let you die if you were French." She covered her face as she started to cry again. "I can't.... I just can't." She said through her sobs. She had been trying to act brave ever since she had lost her sister. She figured that she would not be able to locate Lillith if she did not try her best. For over two days, she had been keeping a smile on her face and trying her best.  

outlaw trinidy
Captain

Adorable Lunatic

acfaerie

Friendly Grabber

9,150 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:52 pm
He softened his look and straightened himself out. What did she really think of him? As a barbarian like those people that attacked? He paused and his eyebrows furrowed as he looked away from her. She didn't know him. He didn't know her... He hadn't given her much of him to see but that of survival.
"I won't hurt them, I just want to find a way away..." he said softly.

The rush of emotions that took hold of her alarmed him as he tried to comfort her afraid they would hear them.
"Lady. I don't know what you are going through, this wasn't the day I had planned out either." He said offering a clean sleeve. He lowered it as she hadn't looked over.

"I'm sorry if it came out harsh. I just don't like not knowing or being lied to." He said as he stood closer to her. He made sure not to make any sudden movements towards her.

He looked over at her after he stared at his hands. "You know, we are going to have to keep each other safe. I'm only trying to make sure we stay alive. And I know I didn't say it.." he coughed and blushed a little looking away.

"Thanks...for saving my life. It's okay to not be brave, ya know." He said as he kept his face from her gaze. His face very hot now as he scratched his head.
He sighed.

"We will be forced to go with them one way or another." he said aloud. He waited for her to calm down a bit more.

"Whenever you are ready, I'd be honored to learn." He tried not to press her but he knew time had started to run out for them. He went over to a chair and sat down.

"Just take your time, I'll be here. If you don't want me to be violent with the others too I won't. Just tell me what you want." he said and he waited.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 6:01 pm
"I doubt there is anywhere to go." She said softly, so softly a normal person would be unable to hear her.

She politely declined the sleeve as she tried to control herself. "Yes, that is quite true... How is your arm?" She asked, being reminded he had been hurt. And here I am feeling sorry for myself... She thought, ashamed.

She looked up at him when he apologised. "There are things that are hard to explain... I am sorry if it seems like lies to you."

She understood that, but she was not sure what one could do in this situation. "I ..." She hesitated then smiled warmly. Eyes closed as she turned her head to the side. She nodded. "I will try my best." She said earnestly. And she blushed when he thanked her.

"I did what anyone would do." She then chuckled. "I am glad you survived. I would like to meet you, once this is all over."

Exhaling slowly, Katrina stood and fussed with her dress in her typical nervous fashion. "Well, I do not know what words they want me to teach." She hesitated then added,

"And... while I find violence awful, please... just be careful..." She paused then decided she would help while there. "I will try to make myself useful and gather the papers in the tent. I can translate them." She decided with a nod and she started to pace.

"Well, Hello is rather simple. Bonjour. Well I suppose this can be useful... On m'a dit de vous soulager. Which roughly translates to, I was told to relieve you. Oh, and Je vis quelque chose là-bas. I saw something over there." She started to rattle off ideas then flushed bright red as she realized she gave him no time to pronounce anything.

"I am rather nervous. I never have been a teacher before. Which one do you want to try learning first? Is there anything you can think of that may be useful?"  

outlaw trinidy
Captain

Adorable Lunatic

acfaerie

Friendly Grabber

9,150 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 6:43 pm
"It's doing better." he mustered and he pressed his lips together in thought. He jostled his arm a little. He still felt it but it was becoming bearable. He didn't know what to think of her apology and her answer. His head swarmed with questions he wanted answered but he knew that it wasn't the time to ask. They had to fight the french... and find out what they could to to beat them... or fool them.... not sure how they were going to overcome it he refocused his thoughts towards her.

"Time didn't give us any advantages, that's for sure." he scratched the back of his neck in thought. He smiled at her and nodded back.

"I would like that as well." his rough stare softened as he began to relax a little more. He nodded to her comments to be careful in acknowledgement.

She was cute when she was in thought and she paced. She was not like the teachers he had been exposed to. He enjoyed this much more. He tried to remember...

"Bon- what? Bon joor?" he tried to follow all the words but it went too fast.
"Hey la---Kat. I can understand you are nervous but we will get through this I'm a pretty fast learner. All of those sound great. Maybe a couple other commands and questions too."

They went over words back and forth. Jasper had to repeat a few longer sentences more than 7-8 times but he started to get the hang of it.

He was slowly starting to feel comfortable until a group of soldiers rushed in and yelled something about "hurry" and "need to go"? That was all he could make out of what they had said.

He looked at Katrina. "I guess we are out of time?" he started to get as nervous as she was when she first started the lessons. He looked around to get his disguise on.

He armed himself and looked over at Katrina. "You can't go there dressed like that. You should probably dress as a soldier as well so we can be more effective as a team." He said as he looked over and tried to wait for her to make a decision.

They split up into teams. The two of them were paired with two of the soldiers dressed as regular civilians so that they could keep an eye on both of them and report what happened at the French campsite.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Guns fired, smoke filled the air as well as the shouts from both sides of the field. They crawled through the tall grass on the outskirts of the battle.

They coughed and the soldiers behind them started to talk to each other about strategies and what to do at the actual Campsite.

They got to the farthest tent that was to the left of the french campsite and started to whisper and devise a plan.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 1:31 pm
Katrina was pleased to learn his wound was doing better. She had feared the worst when she had seen him bloody like that. She had half a mind to scold him, for scaring her like that. But she kept tight lipped of her worries, and smiled as she said,

"I am glad to hear you are healing well."

She tried to act proper, and tried to hide her feelings. She was a bit confused as to how he talked to her, and she was uncomfortable being around a young man she did not know. She had been raised away from boys, only seeing the at special dances her family hosted, or went to.

She nervously laughed as she blushed, apologising for her mistake. She nodded, however and tried repeating the sentences, and a few of the words he needed to learn. She added, Où sont les autres gardiens? Où est la tente principale? Où est le capitaine? On a besoin là-bas.

After some time, Katrina was starting to be reassured this plan was not completely dangerous. When Dieter returned, with a villager dressed like a soldier; Katrina grew nervous again. Especially seeing the other villagers with weapons. The others were dressed in their normal clothes, like Dieter.

Jasper and Katrina were told to hurry, Dieter then left the soldier dressed as a Frenchman, who would lead them to the wagon. Katrina was beginning to suspect something had happened to Dieter. He was not in his jolly mood she had come to know these past few days.

Being reminded she was not dressed properly, Katrina grew pale. She did stick out like a sore thumb. She paused, then frowned. she did not want to let Jasper go with them alone, he did not understand German, nor did anyone there know French. She knew she could find some papers that would be helpful. While every part of her wanted to stay behind, Katrina knew she had to go. There was a knock at the front door showing Ida, with a bundle of clothes in her arms. "Dies ist eine Krankenschwesteruniform. Ich habe versucht, machen Sie es Match." She said. Katrina paused as she translated then she smiled. "U maakte het uniform? Dat heb je goed gedaan!" She said, accepting the handmade uniform. She paused then glanced at the men in the room. Jasper needed to get changed as well, but there was no privacy. As if reading Katrina's mind, Ida gestured for Katrina to follow her to the back and she held up a sheet. Hesitating, Katrina then started to change.

Exiting the makeshift tent, Katrina was wearing a French Nurses uniform, and bonnet. Her hair neatly tucked underneath except for some stubborn bangs that wanted to rest on her forehead. She blushed as she nervously smoothed out her dress, getting great praise from Ida with nods and "Sehr hübsch." being told. She glanced over at Jasper to see if he was done getting changed as well.

Brought to the wagon, Katrina kept close to Jasper, rather liking that the villagers all assume Jasper is her betrothed. It saved her from leering eyes and "charming" words. Next to Jasper sat a villager, and another sat next to Katrina. Something must have happened to make Dieter distrust them. He was up front, controlling the horses. To pass the twenty minute ride, Katrina quizzed Jasper with some of the French words she had taught him.

When they were close to the campsite, Katrina, Jasper and the other French dressed soldier, were all told to get off. They would be sneaking in, while the others distracted the frenchman over the hill. Feeling her heart pounding in her chest she was surprised her mouth was dry, and she felt a slight pounding in her head. She had never willingly gone into danger before, it was rather exciting in some ways, scary in others. Katrina took a deep breath then exhaled softly. There was the sounds of battle in the distance, but she pushed that from her mind as she started walking towards the camp. If anyone were carefully watching, they would see her hands were shaking.

The others could come up with whatever plan they liked. I am not being near violence. She thought to herself as she continued marching ahead, quite stubbornly. She would play the part of a French nurse, and grab those papers. Maybe hear what their plan was. There would be less soldiers now, with Dieter's group fighting with them. Her heart ached, trying not to worry about everyone and the danger they were in. She just reached the entrance to the camp, hesitated then took a deep breath and walked as if she belonged.  

outlaw trinidy
Captain

Adorable Lunatic

Passing through time

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out