Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Elven Brotherhood & Sisterhood

Back to Guilds

Elven Guild 

Tags: Elven, Role Play, Hang out 

Reply The Elven Brotherhood & Sisterhood
Ask Xander! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 134 135 136 137 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Xander Tarbert
Crew

Greedy Genius

3,900 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 9:35 pm
Rwanda is ready to send troops to Sudan to be part of a UN mission planned for the country now a peace settlement has been signed to end a 21-year civil war, a military source in Kigali said.

"Within the framework of the UN Mission in Sudan, Rwanda has been asked to provide a 200-man strong company to establish the UN headquarters" in Khartoum and the main southern town, Juba, a senior army officer told AFP.

"The government of Rwanda agreed to the request and we are supposed to prepare troops," said the officer, who informally speaks for the central African country's army.

"The indication is that they would leave, or that part of the company at least, would leave 45 days after the mandate is given," he added.

The Khartoum government and rebels of the Sudan People's Liberation Army (SPLA), which had since 1983 fought for an end to Arabic and Islamic domination of the mainly Christian and animist black south, in January signed an overall peace accord.

The United Nations plans to send in a mission to monitor implementatation of the military and political terms of this agreement and the officer here said the Kigali government expected a UN Security Council green light within anything between days and "a couple of weeks' time."

Rwanda has already deployed troops in Sudan's western Darfur region, where separate rebel groups are fighting a government-backed Arab militia accused of atrocities against the local black population, but that mission is an African Union one and the main task of the soldiers is to protect AU observers.

Rwandan President Paul Kagame went to Khartoum late last month for talks with government officials there.

I Yahoo'ed it. ninja  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 4:18 am
Who will take over the world, donuts or cheese?

surprised  

Erisad

Cassandra022

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 7:34 am
Xander Tarbert
Rwanda is ready to send troops to Sudan to be part of a UN mission planned for the country now a peace settlement has been signed to end a 21-year civil war, a military source in Kigali said.

"Within the framework of the UN Mission in Sudan, Rwanda has been asked to provide a 200-man strong company to establish the UN headquarters" in Khartoum and the main southern town, Juba, a senior army officer told AFP.

"The government of Rwanda agreed to the request and we are supposed to prepare troops," said the officer, who informally speaks for the central African country's army.

"The indication is that they would leave, or that part of the company at least, would leave 45 days after the mandate is given," he added.

The Khartoum government and rebels of the Sudan People's Liberation Army (SPLA), which had since 1983 fought for an end to Arabic and Islamic domination of the mainly Christian and animist black south, in January signed an overall peace accord.

The United Nations plans to send in a mission to monitor implementatation of the military and political terms of this agreement and the officer here said the Kigali government expected a UN Security Council green light within anything between days and "a couple of weeks' time."

Rwanda has already deployed troops in Sudan's western Darfur region, where separate rebel groups are fighting a government-backed Arab militia accused of atrocities against the local black population, but that mission is an African Union one and the main task of the soldiers is to protect AU observers.

Rwandan President Paul Kagame went to Khartoum late last month for talks with government officials there.

I Yahoo'ed it. ninja

xd

Not quite what I was thinking of but I actually found that educational smile

What came first, the chicken or the egg?  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 11:12 am
Erisad

surprised

Me. But cheese will be a strong ally of mine.  

Xander Tarbert
Crew

Greedy Genius

3,900 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Xander Tarbert
Crew

Greedy Genius

3,900 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 11:14 am
Cassandra022
xd

Not quite what I was thinking of but I actually found that educational smile

What came first, the chicken or the egg?

The thing that layed the egg. Shortly after that the omlet.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 11:25 am
Do you think that adults with old/sick/disabled parents should take their parents to live with them or put thier parents in homes?  

Cassandra022

Xander Tarbert
Crew

Greedy Genius

3,900 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 4:48 pm
Depends on each family. If I had babies or little kids allready in the house, or knew that no one would be in the house with them for periods of time, I would but mine in a home. But I would want to find a good home for them, one that wouldn't, you know, rob them. On the other hand, if I knew I could take care of them I would.

Every situation is different.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 5:14 pm
3nodding makes sense

Do you like apple pie?  

Cassandra022

Xander Tarbert
Crew

Greedy Genius

3,900 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 7:00 pm
Eh. Apple pie's ok. I like cherry and blueberry more.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 8:22 am
Who lost in the final game in the NEPSAC Tournament?  

Mouse of the resistance

Xander Tarbert
Crew

Greedy Genius

3,900 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 11:09 am
Someone who didn't win.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 11:29 am
Xander Tarbert
Someone who didn't win.
*Gasp* You're right!  

Mouse of the resistance

Erisad

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 12:32 pm
Xander Tarbert
Erisad

surprised

Me. But cheese will be a strong ally of mine.

Good choice. whee  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 2:16 pm
Why don't I make atleast 175 dollars an hour? gonk  

Liandrin

Cassandra022

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 2:50 pm
Would you rather move to rural Alabama or move into a hut?  
The Elven Brotherhood & Sisterhood

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 134 135 136 137 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff