Submit

Bardess Ookami

Devoted Bibliophile

14,700 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 8:29 pm
"You are not tied to the land in the ways I am. If you do not like this climate, why not travel to warmer reaches?" Harvest asked.

"Yeah, you heard her, hit the road," Nate said, earning another tail thawp from Harvest.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:44 pm
Jade shrugged nonchalantly, "That was kinda the plan. I mean, migrating to warmer places suits the birds so why not me, right? But I can't stay away forever, I mean, I have a few connections up here. Friends...or something like that." She looked off wistfully into the distance, "It would be nice to get away for a while, but I guess I gotta come back sometime. Maybe not put down roots like you, but sometimes it's nice to see some of the same sites once or twice."  

Angelique DelaMort

Moonlight Phantom

12,900 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150

Bardess Ookami

Devoted Bibliophile

14,700 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:54 pm
"You mentioned the birds. They do return when the weather warms, do they not?" Harvest asked. "And often they bring seeds and pollen and other bits on their feathers to share with those along their route. Just because to travel now, seeking warmth does not mean that you should ever feel you cannot return when the climate you seek does. We are not entering an ice age, my friend. There will always be a chance for you to come back, without freezing."  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:05 pm
"Yeah," Jade agreed. "That's what I'm saying. Get a little change in scenery, a little change in perspective then maybe come back...at least I'd have a few stories to tell, you know?" She shook her head, "The only thing is I gotta do all this on my own feet and it makes for a long trip..."  

Angelique DelaMort

Moonlight Phantom

12,900 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150

Bardess Ookami

Devoted Bibliophile

14,700 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:43 am
"Yes," Harvest agreed. "But is the point the destination, or is there not something to be gained from the journey as well?" She smiled warmly. "You said yourself that you would return with stories, where if not in travel, did you plan to come across these tales? Further, be it a journey, a garden, or a crafting project, what is nearly half as satisfying as something you did successfully by your own efforts? What fruit tastes half as sweet as that which you have grown and tended yourself?"  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 2:27 pm
Jade kicked her head back and laughed jovially, "From where I'm sitting the fruit I haven't gown tastes pretty sweet too, as a matter of fact. But I get what you're saying. The journey's the priority, not the destination. Though considering some of the weather we've had around here lately, I might argue that pretty violently - a new destination out there in the lovely bright sun, that's my dream and I'm sticking to it." She paused and added, "At least until it gets too warm out there and I have to trek my tail all the way back here." She giggled at the thought.

"How about you, Harvest? I mean, I get that you're a homebody and all, but have you ever considered going out into the world? Or at least taking a little vacation? Might do you some good, you and that little birdy friend of yours. He could even take you back to his own lands, some place with bright sun, crashing waves....you might even find some new plants worth growing out there in the big old world. Or at least something new and delicious worth puzzling out how to bring back, grow, and of course eating! I don't mind saying I specialize in that particular part and if you ever need a taste tester you're more than welcomed to call on me."

Angelique DelaMort

Moonlight Phantom

12,900 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150

Bardess Ookami

Devoted Bibliophile

14,700 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:36 pm
"You are welcome to come and taste what I grow any time," Harvest said with a warm smile. "And if you wish to bring me back any fruit and seeds you find, I would happily learn from you, and try and plant something new. However, the world of adventure and travel... is not for me. I worked hard to find this place, and it is where I have put down roots, in every way. I have no desire to go elsewhere."  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:28 pm
"Well, the live of travel and great adventure isn't for everyone," she agreed. "And I'll see if I can bring back any seeds for you, a pay back for this meal you've so graciously served today. Though I really can't help with growing anything...that'll have to be all you, lady."  

Angelique DelaMort

Moonlight Phantom

12,900 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150

Bardess Ookami

Devoted Bibliophile

14,700 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:33 pm
"Knowing that one appreciates the fruits of my labors is enough to give me the strength to work all the harder. It is all the help I need. Friendship can move mountains, did you know that?" she asked gently, flicking Polly before he could open his beak.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 6:42 pm
"That a fact?" the mare replied with a grin. "I'll have to keep an eye out for that on my travels."  

Angelique DelaMort

Moonlight Phantom

12,900 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150

Bardess Ookami

Devoted Bibliophile

14,700 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:18 pm
Harvest smiled. "Hopefully, you'll come back and tell me every wonderful thing you saw, someday," she said warmly.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:32 pm
"I'll be sure to do so," Jade said stretching her legs trying to gear up to get on the move again. She'd already been stopped too long and it made her itchy. Her legs were made for walking and that's what she had to do. "Thanks again for your hospitality, I hope our paths cross again."  

Angelique DelaMort

Moonlight Phantom

12,900 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150

Bardess Ookami

Devoted Bibliophile

14,700 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:27 pm
"Nature willing, my path will ever be here, and once again you shall share a repast with me," she said with a warm smile. "Feel free to take some food for your journey. May it be a safe and enjoyable one, may you learn much, and realize how much more there is beyond."  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 3:52 pm
"Well I can't promise you that second one....but a bit of food for the road, that I'll take you up on!" She grinned backing a few berries into her bag.  

Angelique DelaMort

Moonlight Phantom

12,900 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150

Bardess Ookami

Devoted Bibliophile

14,700 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:38 am
She smiled warmly, and helped her friend to select the best treats to carry with her, suggesting things that would keep better, and squish less. In truth, there was a small part that did envy her new friend, and did wish to journey with her. But it was a very small part, and easily pushed aside. It wasn't the travel that she envied, it wasn't the desire to leave that moved her. No, she realized she was lonely. Polly was sweet, and she loved her plants, but it just wasn't the same as having another Soquilli here, keeping her company, chatting with her. She would be less, when Padme left, she would be less, and more alone. She had not realized before quite how alone she was. It was not enough to get her to leave the fields she had worked so hard to tend, but the awareness WAS enough that she vowed to keep her eyes open for passing strangers that might just stay a while and talk, that might just become friends....  
Open/Private Canon IC RP

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff