Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mama Ame
Vice Captain

Shy Conversationalist

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:25 am
Zphal
Mama Ame
Seriously what is with Cassandra Clare and writing male protagonists that I cannot stand?

What do they do? xd Or not do. Or both.

They're freaking assholes. Granted the one has a reason. But he reminds me too much of her character Jace from the Mortal Instruments and I cannot stand Jace.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:36 am
Mama Ame
Zphal
Mama Ame
Seriously what is with Cassandra Clare and writing male protagonists that I cannot stand?

What do they do? xd Or not do. Or both.

They're freaking assholes. Granted the one has a reason. But he reminds me too much of her character Jace from the Mortal Instruments and I cannot stand Jace.

Dang. xd  

Zphal
Captain

Shameless Humorist

24,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Guildmember 100

Mama Ame
Vice Captain

Shy Conversationalist

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:34 pm
I want to finish this book before April ><  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:23 pm
Charlotte's Feathers ended up being about a transgendered woman. You didn't find out until the very end that the character Charlotte was transgendered. I liked that. During the story the boyfriend makes no mention that she was biologically male. There was really no hint (to me) of it.

It was sad though. But good. Short read. I think its still free on amazon. I don't know if I would pay for it (probably not) but a free read? Definitely recommend.  

Mama Ame
Vice Captain

Shy Conversationalist

Mama Ame
Vice Captain

Shy Conversationalist

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:03 pm
My goal for this month is at least 7 books. I've done 6, then 4, then 6. I'd like to beat out my other months this month.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:07 pm
On the list this month are:

Order of the Phoenix
Half Blood Prince
Deathly Hallows
The First Confessor
The Golden Compass
The Subtle Knife
The Amber Spyglass.

And also Clockwork Princess if I am able to buy it, which I should be able to seeing as my birthday is this month.  

Mama Ame
Vice Captain

Shy Conversationalist

Mama Ame
Vice Captain

Shy Conversationalist

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:46 pm
Plus random freebie reads when my kindle is charging. I can usually read those in a day though since they tend to be short and badly written haha.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:51 pm
I realize now that I really WAS a teenager when I read Order of the Phoenix.

I mean it still is my favorite Harry Potter book because Sirius plays a major roll and it introduces Luna and Tonks but...my God Harry was a ******** overly emotional teenager. Dear Lord...  

Mama Ame
Vice Captain

Shy Conversationalist

Mama Ame
Vice Captain

Shy Conversationalist

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:22 pm
I'm currently 3 weeks ahead. I'd like to finish all these Harry Potter books by next Sunday. That way I can be even more ahead...  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:02 pm
Charge you piece of s**t ><

I wish I had my hard copies of Harry Potter right now. But they WERE in Arizona. I bet Daniel's step mom got rid of them though. All my books and anime crying  

Mama Ame
Vice Captain

Shy Conversationalist

Mama Ame
Vice Captain

Shy Conversationalist

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:03 pm
Light is still red. Turn green light. Turn green.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:06 pm
Oh my God Order of the Phoenix WHY are you taking me so long to read? I know you're nearly 900 pages long but I can read the first book in like a day and a half. So that logic would mean I SHOULD be able to read the 5th book in about a week. No. It is ENDLESS. And I love this book. Ughhh  

Mama Ame
Vice Captain

Shy Conversationalist

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:15 pm
Mama Ame

I mean it still is my favorite Harry Potter book because Sirius plays a major roll and it introduces Luna and Tonks but...my God Harry was a ******** overly emotional teenager. Dear Lord...

I would have to say that Half Blood Prince is my favorite book from the Harry Potter series. It's been awhile since I've read any of the books but I know that one really stood out to me in comparison to the others.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:36 am
Prof. Moonie
Mama Ame

I would have to say that Half Blood Prince is my favorite book from the Harry Potter series. It's been awhile since I've read any of the books but I know that one really stood out to me in comparison to the others.

Half Blood Prince is a really good one. I like that you start learning a lot more about Snape and hes not just "That a*****e teacher that hates Harry." Plus the end was exciting with the whole "Is he good or bad?"

My least favorite is actually Chamber of Secrets. Which I know is a really popular one. I don't dislike it (because I don't dislike any of the books) but it just left the least impact on me.

I think the 4th impacted me a lot because to me the fourth book is when it really changed from a kids series to an all ages series. That's what I love about them. They grow with the characters. The first book is about eleven year olds and it has a light happy feeling to it. By the last one its MUCH darker.  

Mama Ame
Vice Captain

Shy Conversationalist

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 3:22 pm
Mama Ame
Prof. Moonie
Mama Ame

Half Blood Prince is a really good one. I like that you start learning a lot more about Snape and hes not just "That a*****e teacher that hates Harry." Plus the end was exciting with the whole "Is he good or bad?"

My least favorite is actually Chamber of Secrets. Which I know is a really popular one. I don't dislike it (because I don't dislike any of the books) but it just left the least impact on me.

I think the 4th impacted me a lot because to me the fourth book is when it really changed from a kids series to an all ages series. That's what I love about them. They grow with the characters. The first book is about eleven year olds and it has a light happy feeling to it. By the last one its MUCH darker.

I wasn't that fond of Chamber of Secrets either. Goblet of Fire was okay... but placed towards the bottom for me. Though I do agree that it does seem to be the turning part from the happy childhood to dark coming-of-age.  
"COS" ^Can O Spam^

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff