Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply :[ The Fifth Age ]:
[PRP] Butterflies and babbles? (Alma and Elarinya) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Seiana_ZI

Codebreaking Conversationalist

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 6:54 pm
Alma was confused, but in some ways, Elarinya was more confused.

So she was predicting what the other one would say, so she said her words for her? That sounded a lot like an imaginary friend to her. She knew about those! One of the tall old ones said they were common for kids and they were really cool to have because they showed a lot of imaginativeness.

It would take a lot of imaginativeness to imagine a whole conversation too! Elarinya knew it would take a lot of work to pretend to be someone else while still being the same self... She couldn't really do that easily! Maybe she should try it.

A faerie who was green with black hair? That gave her a description, at least. Elarinya took another look in the tree. "So your Grannie is a faerie? Are you a faerie?" She wanted to know what those wings were...

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 7:13 pm
As it didn't look like Ela was questing her Grannie being real-real, Alma calmed down. Nodding about her Grannie being a fairy, she paused when asked what she was. Thinking back she says, "Momma is a nym..nymph. I look like Momma." Looking back at her wings as best she could, Alma ended up turning in circle to glance at them. She and Momma were the only two she knew that had the same wings. The antenna were different between her and her Momma but she assumed she'd get an extra one if she ever got big. Momma said she wouldn't.  

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

Seiana_ZI

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:16 pm
Alma seemed much less upset, which would probably make it easier for Elarinya to find out more about the imaginativeness.

A nymph? She had never heard of a nymph. Was it like the tall ones that were mean, or was it a kind of race that she shouldn't be bothered by? And she said her Grannie was a faerie--were the nymphs like the faeries but not? Elarinya pondered this briefly, flying around Alma a few times for good measure while she thought about what she was--before seemingly skidding to a stop in mid-air.

"I've never seen a nymph! I've seen some other odd things but not a nymph!" Elarinya clearly didn't think 'odd' was an insult, because she clapped her hands together at this. "Are all nymphs imaginative?"

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:08 am
Alma kept watching Ela fly around her, attempting to keep her always facing the other. For her, all she had seen was her Momma, Grannie and the illusions Grannie used to teach. She had a working idea of most of what was on the island back when her Grannie and Mother roamed last.

By Ela's reaction after saying odd things, Alma smiled too. It was positive because she wasn't being laughed at and Alma would take it. "Momma doesn't seem to be, she doesn't like playing with me anymore, but she is nice though. Grannie says I am special." She closed her eyes a moment and beamed. Her momma might not think much of her, but she knew her Grannie did.

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

Seiana_ZI

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:50 pm
So her Momma sounded like a mean person who wouldn't play with her. Maybe she made Grannie because Momma wouldn't play with her anymore? Elarinya pondered this, fluttering around in the air as she tried to make a picture of what the little nymph's home life was like. Did she have a home? They walked a lot. Maybe she didn't...

Elarinya pondered this for another few moments before moving on and going back to swirling around the other girl. "Why's your Momma so mean?" Instead, she would ask about her Momma, who was the meanie nymph.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:16 pm
Alma fluttered close to the ground, eyes cast down in a sullen expression. She didn't understand much of what was going on but knew without a doubt it was her fault, "I am bad, Momma says I am broken." She remembered clearly the day her mother threw that one at her. All she saw was what she believed to be anger.

How she was broken she didn't know, but she had to be. "Momma said I never grew that I shouldn't be like I am, I am broken." Landing fully on the grown she twirled the toes of her foot before kicking the dirt a little. How any of this was her fault she had no idea, but it had to be her fault.

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

Seiana_ZI

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:18 pm
Broken?

Elarinya seemed confused by this, tilting her head. The other kid had a crazy imagination full of Grannies and rock fish, but that didn't make her broken, did it? Elarinya had been a kid for a long time too! She didn't know that was weird or anything ... there was no way it was too weird if she was a kid too right? She was awesome!

She blinked. "I've been a kid for a while too!" She twirled around. "Your Momma is a meanie butt. Not your fault you're a kid! Kids are awesome, they're not tall and old and babbly about stuff like the tall old adults are."

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:38 pm
Casting her eyes up when she heard Ela talk. Each word helped picker her up and she started her wings going again. Smiling brightly she asked, "Really?" So she wasn't the only one? Maybe she'd always be small and Ela seemed to think that was okay.

"Momma isn't a meanie butt.." She tried to defend her mother mother simply because she was her mother and all she had ever known.

Grannie said she was okay the way she was, so maybe she really was. "Kids get to play more adults don't seem to have much fun." At least nothing she understood.

Asking finally she inquired, "What do you do for fun?" Most the games she knew involved what her Grandmother made. How did one play if they didn't have a Grannie?

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

Seiana_ZI

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:45 pm
Of course her Momma was a meanie butt! They said Alma was broken! She definitely was a little weird but she wouldn't call her broken or nothing. That would be mean and not true.

"Of course she's a meanie butt!" stated Elarinya, like this was an obvious fact, swirling around in the air as if to punctuate this. "People who aren't meanie butts don't call people broken! Calling people broken is really mean. Not fun." Elarinya shook her head, seemingly ashamed of the behavior, before swirling back to face Alma in the eyes, coming back to what Alma had asked her. What did she do for fun?

It was a harder question for the little Cave Guardian to answer than she expected, and she frowned a bit, thinking about this. What did she do that was not just kinda a thing everyone did? "I explore!" Not everyone did that! "Around here. And ask a bunch of questions. I like questions."

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:17 pm
Alma frowned and looked towards the trees almost convinced her mother would just appear and scold her. Worried looks around started to fade and she protested, "She's my Momma, only one I have." Momma wasn't always nice but she cared, Alma believed.

Exploring brought to mind her Grannie and she stayed excitedly, "You'd like my Grannie, she could show you places you wouldn't believe! Can't touch but see." The idea of just exploring this area seemed a little boring but maybe the cave was bigger?

"Do you ever leave?"
Questions were a lot fun, after all.

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

Seiana_ZI

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:34 pm
"So? Doesn't make her not a meaniebutt."

Elarinya tilted her head, surprised that Alma did not seem to agree at all with how mean her Momma had to be if she called her broken and all that. None of the people she knew ever called her broken. Maybe really fast and kind of annoying sometimes but she never got the broken line. That was just mean. Pae'il couldn't be broken anyway without dying, right? Like a twig.

Sometimes, Elarinya's mind went off on as many tangents as her lips moved fast. "I'm sure your Grannie," her imaginary friend Grannie, "is great! But nope! I stay here. That's where I belong." Elarinya said this so matter-of-factly that it would probably be obvious not much was going to change her mind about that. For whatever reason, she thought the cave that was making her awesome was the place she needed to be the entire time.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 7:48 am
Alma struggled over that idea so she decided to drop it. Her Momma was her Momma and the only Momma she had.

Grinning, Alma was proud that Ela said her Grannie was great. She took it to mean that Ela believed her Grannie was real-real. However her smile fell to a confused frown. "You don't leave?" How could she explore if she was just around here.

That did give her a few ideas, "Books are like exploring! Grannie and even Momma read to me sometimes." They were like what Grannie did only you had to picture it instead of being able to see it. "You are real-real, I bet there is more real-real around. I could find you neat stuff! Seashells! Fishies! 'Nanas! Pretty flowers!" Exitedly she listed off some of the things she liked that she was sure she could find.

If Ela didn't leave how could she see seashells? Alma always loved the idea of being near the water but had never been for real-real.

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

Seiana_ZI

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 9:08 pm
Elarinya nodded when Alma asked if she didn't leave. Didn't she just say that? That repeating was kinda silly. Too bad she couldn't just like, say what she said again without saying what she said again...

Books? Elarinya had seen some books before. Some of the people around her read these things that looked kinda boring. She wasn't certain if she wanted to bore herself when she would rather be flying around in circles or up higher and staring at the sky. That was more fun than that... besides, there was so much to picture in the sky!

"There is probably more real stuff around," that much was obvious to Elarinya, and it was a bit confusing Alma had to clarify that. "I'm sure you could find it pretty easily! I don't think seashells are very close to here, though. I haven't seen any..."

And she would not let this little girl lure her away!

It was her job to stay, she never left ever.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 6:31 am
If there was a lightbulb over her head, she wouldn't be the least bit surprised. That aside. Alma had an idea. Giggling suddenly she started fluttering excitedly. "Well, if you can't leave I could go and bring back real-real stuff!"

It could be a game. A seek and go find real-real! The child had always wanted a to see a real-real lake and shells. If she wanted to see it, reason said her friend might as well!

Could she bring real-real stars? No reason why not. There were all sorts of wonders she had seen in her life now she could find the real thing and share!!

Ooc: I figured out how to post on my cell but not how to bold will fix after work  

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

Seiana_ZI

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:25 am
Wait, the little girl was offering to bring her stuff back?

... Was this a tricksy? ...

Elarinya eyed her cautiously after the offer, trying to decide if she should actually take it or not. Well, it wasn't like she could get yelled at if she didn't get stuff herself, right? It wasn't like she was leaving her post to go get the stuff. At the same time, though, was she really supposed to be asking 'nymph'-things to get her stuff? What even was a nymph, really?

She scratched her head. Being a guard was tricky.

Elarinya's more childish side won out, and eventually, she nodded enthusiastically. "Okay!" If someone else could get her cool stuff from the isle that she was unable to get, that would be cool! Then she could show it to other people too. Maybe there was important stuff hidden around that might be important to guarding or something. Then the others would wanna see it.

Swirling around in the air, Elarinya giggled. She seemed rather cheerful with the upcoming prospect. "Find some cool stuff!"

:[ The Fifth Age ]:

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff