.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Abandoned Swamplands [IC]
[EVENT] Rescue Mission - Over! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
Meepfur rolled 1 12-sided dice: 9 Total: 9 (1-12)

Meepfur
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:19 pm
((Meanwhile...others may split off/roll to find Asami! 1d12 per character, each character only gets one roll. First to match my number will discover her.))

Kaelyndra

I Lady Kiya I rolled 1 12-sided dice: 1 Total: 1 (1-12)
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:32 pm
Kurogoke continued on her way as no one answered her first set of calls. She wasn't going to give up that easy. She could hear other's in the distance also searching, but she paid no mind to them, they were doing exactly what she was doing. She tried not to let their voices, and movements distract her as she went.

"Is anyone there?" She called out in a soft voice, perhaps she wasn't saying it loud enough. "We're here to help you." She added. She felt helpless as she glanced around. She smelled like a mixture of mud and smoke now. Even if most of the smoke was no longer there, it was still easy to get the smells on you. Especially passing brush with it.

"I hope this comes out easy." She muttered to herself. Not that she cared about the black streaks from the burned plants, it was the smell that got to her. The smell of animals and plants that had been burnt. It saddened her

I Lady Kiya I

Obsessive Fairy

xKOVAKtheWOLFx rolled 1 12-sided dice: 9 Total: 9 (1-12)

xKOVAKtheWOLFx

Trash

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:46 pm
Waliohifadhiwa gave out a sigh, glad that no one had yet even caught him, nor even noticed his smell! Horsing around, but avoiding anymore unnecessary ash to fall onto his furry pelt, he continued his lumbering, wondering how one of these beasts would react if he were to find one of their own in an ill state of mind.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:18 pm
Karima fell quiet, eyes, ears, and nose hard at work to try to pick up signs of the lost. It was difficult, not knowing exactly who was lost, and she felt at a disadvantage compared to those who had been here, and perhaps knew the missing. It was not a pleasant sensation, and it rankled. It was not an easy thing to push aside in order to focus on the task at hand, but damn if she wouldn't give this her best shot.  

Excited Apathy

Obsessive Hoarder

Kaelyndra

Liberal Streaker

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:46 pm
xKOVAKtheWOLFx

User Image

Asami had fallen asleep to a certain company and woken up without it.

It had bothered her to such an extent that she'd sequestered herself into the hollow of an old, rotten log and waited it out. When she heard voices, Asami poked out a delicate dark nose to investigate.

What she found was an equally cold, wet nose against hers.

The small juvenile let out a shriek which turned into a full out scream and her rump smacked against the back of the old log. The large badger face, however, was not moving from its spot.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:53 am
Kaelyndra

Waliohifadhiwa stood his ground, not moving, but was still frozen. It was a rather hilarious scene for him, having the monster being afraid of him! This would have been, and always would, be the closest that he would ever be to a lion without even getting eaten. Panicking, his thoughts told him to fight back, but all he wanted was someone to play with.

Once the screaming begun to die out, Walio began to giggle cheerfully, awkwardly, filled with uncertainty. He knew that close enough the cub's pride was nearby, but how close was what he wondered. For now, his eyes were fixed on the bright red and designs. How interesting.

xKOVAKtheWOLFx

Trash

Rennekae

Dapper Werewolf

8,600 Points
  • Married 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Streaker 200
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:32 am
User Image

Kira had awoken two days earlier to see smoke billowing heavily from a location not too far away. Her instant reaction was to head that way and see if anyone needed assistance - after all, where there was smoke, there was fire. Throughout the entire journey, she never regretted her choice, and now she had finally arrived at the site of the fire - a dried-out swamp. Or, the flame-scorched remains of one at any rate.

Surveying the scene, Kira's eyes widened and a small gasp escaped her. Her hackles rose as she thought of all the creatures that may have been caught in the fire. Raising her muzzle and opening her mouth slightly, she drew in the scents around her - and immediately fell into a fit of alternated sneezing and coughing. She had managed to catch a scent, however, and when the spams subsided she carefully sniffed it out again; it was the scent of a small group of lions, coming from inside the burnt-out swamp. Cautiously, she took her first pawstep into the ash, and padded toward the group swiftly but stealthily. Whether or not these lions needed help, they might not be as friendly as her.

Meepfur rolled 1 12-sided dice: 11 Total: 11 (1-12)
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:42 pm
Before Chemankari got a chance to get any closer to the whoever-it-was she thoguht she saw, she was quite interrupted by a scream. The lioness high-tailed it to the scene, expecting to see something awful, but it was just...a ratel? Well, and one of the missing youths. Let's not forget that part.

As the juvenile was more important, the honey badger was more or less ignored for now. "Asami!" It had to be her, since she was unmistakably bright red. "Are you alright?"

((Others may roll to find...Endesha! Once again, 1d12 per character, and the first to match my number finds her.))
Kimaria

Meepfur
Vice Captain

Kaelyndra

Liberal Streaker

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:04 pm
It seemed that a staring contest was in order. Asami sized up the ratel, the ratel surveyed her red markings. The red cub didn't take the time to blink.

Thankfully, a heroic adult saved her from dry-eyes and crippling fear.

Warily, she moved her eyes from the dangerous creature to the newly arrived female. Asami squinted and almost recognized her. The lioness smelled familiar.

So Asami nodded, eyes flicking between rodent-creature and adult. Then, she slowly crept out from the old log, squeezing warily by the ratel and bursting into a dead run to the safety of Chemankari's back legs.

Despite mud and a plethora of sticks in her mane, the red juvenile remained unharmed.

Dame NightFury rolled 1 12-sided dice: 7 Total: 7 (1-12)
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:11 am
Morska'Zelena nodded in agreement. "I think that's a smart idea. And two heads and noses are better than one, especially when one nose doesn't want to sniff without getting ash and smoke stuck in it." Morska'Zelena turned her head to the side, for a few more coughs, but they weren't as bad as before. She really hoped they found the other lost ones sooner rather than later, even as relief flashed through her as two more lions were found, granted one by a ratel, but still, she was found. That was what was important.

"It's nice to meet you, Euphe. I'm Morska'Zelena. I think my eyes and ears are going to be more use than my nose until after this all settles. Do you know how it started?" Morska'Zelena asked Euphe as they started to search the area together. Not arriving for the group event in time, Morska'Zelena knew she missed a lot, including what could have started the fire that made the swamp so - heavy and dry. Less a swamp and more of a wasteland in some areas.

Dame NightFury

Romantic Lunatic

7,700 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Inquisitor 200

Das Tor

Romantic Enabler

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:20 pm
Ecavi

When he asked her to come closer, Daima did so, and then braced herself for the weight of another against her own. Seeing a fellow pride member in such a state...she couldn't help but feel a bit guilty. "I'm sorry we didn't come sooner." Hopefully, they would find everyone that was missing...and find them alive. The thought of anything otherwise...chilled her.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:46 pm
Waliohifadhiwa raised his fur a bit, now frightened that there was now another one of them, this time an adult right behind him. Was the older one going to think that he was about to eat one of their young?

He shook his head completely confused. As the cub dashed out out the log, he waited as it reached the older one. Now that the log was all his, he noticed what a mess it was, and that it smelled much to like lion to be his new hiding spot!

Cautiously exiting the log staring at the two with innocent eyes, the ratel made a safe exit to the bushes. Heaving for breath after his scare, he sniffed the air to find the direction of home, but could not leave yet. Not when the lions were out.

xKOVAKtheWOLFx

Trash

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:44 pm
Chasasa gave his best attempt at a chuckle, already starting to sound more lively now that he was on his feet, even if he didn't start off walking right away. He needed a moment to feel confident his legs really would hold him, but it seemed they wouldn't be his problem.

"Don't be," he said, clearing his throat but stopping short at the twinge of pain it caused, "I'm fine, really."

Mental checklist.. his legs were fine, his head a bit foggy but that seemed to be passing quickly, his throat and lungs still hurt but that wasn't critical. He really was fine, he just wasn't smart enough to have gotten out of the smoke quickly. With that settled, he suddenly became aware of how much louder everything had gotten in just a few minutes since his discovery.

"Where is everybody?" he asked, taking a tentative step in the direction Daima had come from, hoping it was the direction to get to the group.

Das Tor

I Lady Kiya I rolled 1 12-sided dice: 7 Total: 7 (1-12)
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:45 pm
Determined, Kurogoke continued. She heard others were finding some that had been lost. She was relieved, but knew there were still other's out there. Time was running out, she felt. All she could hope that soon everyone who was reported missing would show up soon enough. She wanted everyone safe, and back to the others of the pride.

Her ears went up, and she started to focus. She heard a faint scream, though she was sure it was probably her imagination. It liked to play games upon her in situations that seemed dire for her to be attentive. She took several steps, and each step gave a sort of crunch to it. Dried dead leaves of plants were under, ones that the fire had yet to get to.

Everything seemed grim, but she tried to think of happy endings that this would bring. So far, one had been found, she wasn't sure the actual number count. In fact, she hoped it was more than what she could hear in the distance and assume from the sounds. "There's always a silver lining in a dark cloud" she told herself over and over again The worry continued to fall over her, however.

I Lady Kiya I

Obsessive Fairy

Zosie rolled 1 12-sided dice: 8 Total: 8 (1-12)

Zosie

Fashionable Bear

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:55 pm
He had been almost invited in to help, rather casually by another of the lionesses, so he wasted no time. Baatar could hear flurries of half-conversation, but his find was focusing entirely on the goal, and the possible lives at stake here. He had no time for social chit-chat.

The grey lion kicked himself for not having assessed the situation here at his immediate arrival. It was dusty, covered in ash, and smelt like a fire had been raging through the entire area. How could he miss that? How could he assume this was usual?

There was nothing usual, however, about the group of lions and their frantic search. He heard a shreik, and his ears pinned back to his head, red eyes glaring around rapidly. He continued searching. Compared to the Greenwood monster, this was a piece of cake, well, sortof. He hadn't actually helped yet.

[IC] Abandoned Swamplands [IC]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff