Submit

Reoakee

Beloved Lunatic

19,875 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:36 pm

He laughed very embarrassed at the worship she still heaved on him. “Cari you couldn’t scare off a kit. You’re the most gentle and energetic fox I know. Yes you’re forceful but there isn’t a mean hair on your whole body.” He leaned over and peered closely at her fur for a moment before pulling back and smiling. “See I just checked and I couldn’t’ find one.” He shook his head. “I wish I’d known sooner that you favored me so much. I’d had a crush on you since I saw you. Honestly I never thought I’d see you and me as mates. You’re so cute I thought for certain that you’d end up with a strong and dominate male.” He kept his eyes on the path he wanted to go and was heading that way. “There are times when I still find myself waiting to wake up from this dream and find you gone.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:30 pm
“What? Really,” Cari asked, having to actually stop for a moment and give her fur a look-over herself. “I can’t tell what a mean hair would look like, so I can’t tell what to look for,” she finally said in a mournful voice, giving up her search and continuing forward again. “See, that’s another thing that makes you special! If you say I don’t have any though, I’ll believe you!”

Arrin’s confession that he was afraid he’d wake up one day to find Cari had run off with a more dominant male made her snort just a bit. “Silly, you’re plenty dominant! You just don’t have the same energy level as me, but there’s nothing wrong with that!” She shook her head. There were types out there with energy levels similar to hers that were about just as flaky, and those relationships never tended to work out cause they were always running off and doing different things. The only other “dominant” foxes were the kinds that were controlling; Cari ran from those the moment they showed their true colors!

jinxgirl5

Alien Loiterer

Reoakee

Beloved Lunatic

19,875 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:17 pm

Arrin grinned Cari was so cute. A part of him wondered if she would believe anything he said but the logical part of his brain told him that was silly. Cari was really smart and probably knew that he was just kidding. Even if he weren’t he knew he could say that she didn’t have a mean hair on her body and it would be the absolute truth. Cari was so sweet he didn’t think she could ever have a true dark thought.

Shrugging a bit he didn’t really think Cari was right, but he was willing to concede the point so that she didn’t worry about him. If he were a more dominate male then he would have a better way to steal Cari off for some time to snuggle her and make her feel special, and tell her that he was ready to perhaps expand their family if she wanted. He decided to emphasis the last part given their earlier conversation. He wanted to move at a pace that was comfortable to her. It would mean nothing to Arrin if Cari agreed to his wants if she would be miserable or upset by it or with him. So far this trip made him realize just how much light Cari had brought into his life and how much he craved it.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:19 pm
((XD It's funny, cause he is stealing her off for snuggles and to make her feel special and such.))

The pair marched along in relative silence for several long minutes, each lost in their own little worlds of thought. Or at least Cari could tell Arrin was lost in thought, and sometimes it was good to quiet down and let him think. It baffled her that he rarely had flattering thoughts of himself, even when she tried pointing out all the good she saw in him.

So she had more energy than him. Who didn’t she have more energy than? Arrin was able to steer and direct that energy in very noninvasive ways whenever he could see where Cari’s enthusiasm was carrying her a bit too far, so that she only spotted the steering when all was said and done. He wasn’t the type to manipulate, as all his steering was by way of suggestions that she was free to ignore or take as she pleased. His was a quiet power, and in a world of very dominant personality types quiet powers got greatly over-looked. Silly of them, because quiet types worked best when loud types weren’t thinking them competition.

There was no doubt in Cari’s mind that if someone loud and confident and everything Arrin said he wasn’t swaggered up right now and tried to make a move on Cari, Arrin could beat him. Even if her memory was wiped clean so that she didn’t recognize him, Cari was positive that Arrin would win her all over again. That was just who he was, and she adored him.

((Wanna do a time skip to wherever they're going to?))  

jinxgirl5

Alien Loiterer

Reoakee

Beloved Lunatic

19,875 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:39 pm
(Yes but the silly boy doesn’t think that he’s really doing that. He thinks dominate as big and tough picking her up and carrying her off.)
The trek was long and Arrin even had to stop once more to rest but Cari was so sweet and understanding about his pain. It made him feel a bit spoiled to be honest, but he tried to complain as little as possible. This was supsoed to be a trip for them both to have fun not to have him whine all the time after all.

He smiled when he saw he was close to the little den he had planned on staying. “We’re here Cari.” He picked up the pace a bit until he was looking at a small hole half covered in glittering ice crystals. Inside it would be warm and cozy while the light would spakle inside and let them see the weather outside. There was a small hillside with scattered rocks the den dove into looked mostly like a snow mound at the moment but that just made it seem a bit more dreamlike to Arrin. “I promise it’s warmer than it looks, especially with the two of us.” He nudged her softly with his nose hopeing she liked it. “The land is good and solid for running and there aren’t too many sharp rocks under the snow so it should be fine if you feel like bounding free and clear. The snow is soft for rolling and building.

“What do you think Cari?” He knew there was enough roots and vegetables that he could get dinner for them both easily and the hunting here was good or so he was told, but he really wasn’t much of a hunter so if Cari wanted anything he would try but he couldn’t guarantee meat.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:00 pm
((Nevermind that she would chew off the ears of anyone who tried to do that to her XD))

“It’s very shiny,” Cari replied promptly, casting the den interested looks while keeping one eye on her surroundings at the same time. It was a bit of forest similar to any number of bits of forest she’d been in before, though she was pretty sure she’d never been in this particular spot because she’d have remembered that den. She loved exploring such things when she found them, though she did so with more caution now than she did in the past after she’d come across a very unhappy skunk family…

“We better hope the sun doesn’t decide to make too many uncovered appearances, or else all the snow and ice will get so shiny that we’ll go blind,” she added with a chuckle, remember the rare moments of clear weather that her team ran practice over snowy ground. Snow blindness absolutely sucked!

She padded towards the den curiously, making a furrow through the snow. “There’s nothing livin’ in there, right? Cause you know most places out of the snow and even vaguely warmer than outside usually have occupants.”

jinxgirl5

Alien Loiterer

Reoakee

Beloved Lunatic

19,875 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:19 pm
(the silly boy doesn’t think about that though. He only sees Cari as active and sweet. A bit bounce and could do harm that way but never intentionally. To him she’s just to nice for that. *pets the poor silly boy* so naïve.)
He nodded it was indeed shiney. “The den twists a bit further back so that the light won’t blind us.” He grinned at her. “You know I thought the same thing but I was assured there would be nothing living in the den and that it was safe to use.” He remembered a time when Cari had stayed downwind of the camp for a while. He never asked her about it but it was a small tribe and word traveled fast. So her asking if the den was uninhabited was no surprise to him. He clucked and headed toward the den it didn’t take him long to figure out why there would be nothing in the den when he arrived. Behind the ice was a wall of snow. They’d have to dig out the snow before getting into the den. It was clever since there was only space for a fox and a half with that wall there and he could clearly see that space was unoccupied. “Well we might have to do some more work before we can sleep tonight but at least we can be fairly sure it’s empty and probably warmer than out here.”

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:52 pm
Cari made a little hmph sound, her expression somewhere between wary curiosity and a pout. “Well unless someone’s checking on it daily that doesn’t mean it’s safe.” She craned her neck and peered over into the small opening. “There’s plenty of room in there for a critter. One of us could fit in there just fine as it is now. And we’re not the only creatures on the mountain with claws and the ability to burrow.” She eyed the wall of snow dubiously, looking for hints of tampering. “If fact, if it was me I’d try to make a way in that didn’t involve getting rid of all that snow. It blocks the wind out and helps keep heat in, so that the front is like a buffer between you and the cold outside.”

Not that Cari didn’t think the cave was a pretty place! It would certainly be interesting to explore, especially depending on how big the inside really way. She was just a lot more cautious about sleeping in it than Arrin appeared to be.

jinxgirl5

Alien Loiterer

Reoakee

Beloved Lunatic

19,875 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:54 am

He supposed she was right, but it was odd to see Cari so serious. Normally their positions were reversed. He sat back blinking at her. “Well we could dig into that back part and check carefully. And if we dug back far enough behind the ice then it could be a little round about to help block the wind.” He drew a C in the snow at his feet to indicate the path they would be taking to get into the den if they followed his idea. It wouldn’t be hard and it would be easier than trying to find a different entrance. He looked at her question wondering if she would agree to his plan or to perhaps modify it. “Still you’re absolutely right. Caution first. Any suggestions?” He was wondering what she would come up with. He knew she was smart after all she knew how to think on her feet and help keep her team safe on the run, but rarely did he get the chance to see her work from so close up.

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 7:58 pm
“Nope, that sounds perfectly acceptable,” Cari quipped cheerfully. She’d sat down when Arrin had started tracing his plans out in the snow. Now she stood and shook the damp whiteness out of her crimson fur, practically bouncing in place. “Oooh, I’ll race ya! First one to dig through into a back entrance wins! I dunno what, but we can work out the details afterwards!”

She gave Arrin a dose of large, sapphire blue puppy eyes. Almost literally, since she was part dog after all. She didn’t get to challenge Arrin to contests very often, since most of their energy went into tasks for the tribe and they usually just wanted a good snuggle at the end of the day. At least Cari knew she did since she often initiated said snuggles in the form of a pounce.

But Arrin always looked happy and willingly leaned into the snuggle (once he got his breath back; sometimes Cari didn’t know her own strength!), so Cari was pretty sure Arrin liked the snuggles too.

jinxgirl5

Alien Loiterer

Reoakee

Beloved Lunatic

19,875 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 10:58 am

And just like that with safety and caution addressed Cari was back from team sled dog to just Cari. He was amazed how easily she analyzed the possible dangers and then once an acceptable solution was offered relaxed back into that playful spirit. He really couldn’t find any fault with the shift after all it was Cari no matter which ‘mode’ she was in. He loved her regardless even if he was never as brave,cunning or as strong as her. He loved ever faucet of her personality.

Unable to stop himself from giving her anything she wanted when she looked at him like that he smiled. “You’re on.” Knowing she was faster and stronger than him he wasted no time in dashing off to start digging. That cute way she was looking at him pleading for a race was simply to much Arrin found himself putting his all into the digging hoping to beat her. It wasn’t for victory just that he knew she would have more fun, and so would he, if he gave it everything he had.

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 9:27 pm
((RNG to see who wins? I call odds!))

Cari giggled with happiness as Arrin made the first move. She was so glad to see his confidence level had risen, that he would start taking initiative when she proposed a game of some kind. It used to be she’d have to prompt him and he would hold back a little. His shyness was actually adorable, really, but it was nice to see this side of him and how much he seemed to enjoy everything.

She bounded forward and landed feet-first in the mound of snow a few feet from Arrin. She paused only long enough to be sure they weren’t getting in the way of each other, then began to set into the snow with a will. White powder flew! She didn’t have the deep chest muscles of some of her kind who pulled the main weight of the sleighs and cargo, but she was still strong from all the running and tried to use her large paws to maximum advantage.

jinxgirl5

Alien Loiterer

Reoakee rolled 1 20-sided dice: 9 Total: 9 (1-20)

Reoakee

Beloved Lunatic

19,875 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 11:27 pm
Seeing Cari digging out of the corner of his eye only made Arrin increase his fevered pace. His paws found the snow to be fairly tightly packed with small chunks of ice here and there. He hoped that neither he nor Cari ended up hurt on these. He trusted her tough pads and quick mind to keep her safe though. After all she was far more used to the ice than he was. Still he had grown to love it well enough with Cari to show him how.

Bit by bit he found himself letting go with his mind and really starting to enjoy himself. There was a true smile on his face while he worked. His muscles were a bit grumpy with him but he didn’t care. There was just something so pleasing about being able to work to his fullest. The snow fell way before him and he was certain he was getting close to a break through. He had lost track of who was further ahead in their game and had no idea if Cari would be on the other side to greet him of it he would have to wait for her for the first time ever.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:10 pm
Cari quickly lost herself in the rhythm of movement and muscles. Her movements became a little slower, but deeper and stronger. Piles and snow and ice gave way before her, though she had enough of a frame of mind to shove it away from Arrin and his snow pile so they didn’t get blocked in if they had to use this spot as an exit.

Suddenly the snow gave way beneath her paws, falling inward into a cavern. Cari paused for a moment in her digging, just a few seconds to breathe in the scent of the air flowing from the cavern and making sure there was nothing in front of her that might bite. Ascertaining that it was safe, Cari plowed forward and found herself in a little ice cave, scarlet fur covered in bits of snow.

She turned around with a huge smile to see if Arrin had beat her or if she was the first, giving herself a quick shake-off as she did.

jinxgirl5

Alien Loiterer

Reoakee

Beloved Lunatic

19,875 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:52 am
As the last bit of ice and snow gave way under his paws he was greeted by Cari’s huge smiling face. He gave her one back though he was still covered with snow and small bits of ice. She had beaten him inside but the look of joy on her face right now made Arrin feel like he was the victor instead. Moving over to her he nuzzled her softly. “Well I do believe I lost but you know what I think I still have a counter measure left.”

His eyes twinkled mischief which was very rare for him. “revenge!!” With that he proceeded to shake off the snow that had built up on him by kindly and quickly spreading all over Cari laughing. It was just in good fun and he knew she really wouldn’t mind. Once fairly cleaned off he looked at his love to see her face. “I can’t believe how fast you can dig Cari. I know I’ve seen you train to dig pack mates out of the snow in case of emergencies but you’re amazing.”  
RP Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff