Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gold Diggers and Pollwhores Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild where you can do polls, polls, and more polls. Whist making friends and competing in numerous free competitions 

Tags: polls, gold, anime, active, friends 

Reply Gold Diggers and Pollwhores
Nitemare and Angelic... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you remember when an Angelic Headband was worth months of questing?
  Yes
  No
View Results

GoldDiggingWhore
Vice Captain

Generous Lover

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:10 pm
You know that little blue unicorn thing that you see next to your avatar at the top of the screen? The item that it tries to sell you when you click on it is a RIG, Random Item Generator. They're generally worth about 100K each, which is like a buck fifty for one, but if you get them bundled, you can get 9 for $10. Dollar for dollar, it's probably the best real money to gold value on the site (MCs aren't worth it since they cost more and aren't worth as much...at least they weren't last I checked).

And Blue, I don't think you can do Booty Grab on your phone...sorry sad  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:26 am
GoldDiggingWhore
You know that little blue unicorn thing that you see next to your avatar at the top of the screen? The item that it tries to sell you when you click on it is a RIG, Random Item Generator. They're generally worth about 100K each, which is like a buck fifty for one, but if you get them bundled, you can get 9 for $10. Dollar for dollar, it's probably the best real money to gold value on the site (MCs aren't worth it since they cost more and aren't worth as much...at least they weren't last I checked).

Ah, that makes sense.  

ShadowedMoonlight

Ruthless Sweetheart

GoldDiggingWhore
Vice Captain

Generous Lover

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:09 am
ShadowedMoonlight
Ah, that makes sense.

Oh, and as a bonus, they also actually tend to increase in value after a while. Like, take the thing we were just saying about the Pink Giftboxes and how too many of them were flooded into the system. Well, the fact that RIGs are only around for a limited time, but have the same sort of gimmick inside them, but for totally different items, they actually end up with staying potential. As long as people like the items inside.

That said, Sage has done a great job with past RIGs showing what a ripoff they are to buy, open, and try to sell. He's demonstrated that you can lose a lot of Gold really fast that way. I just hold onto mine for a year or more and then sell them all for a million or more.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:41 pm
Is this the sort of this sage would know about?

Of course.

Basically, when interest in booty grab started to wain Gaia figured they could up the usage of it again by making certain fish that dropped pink gift boxes such as Grunny Subs.

This meant as well as getting say 500 - 2000g per game you could get a pink box each game if you were lucky, thus leading to a flood of pink boxes and a drop in the value of all items inside. On top of that later on as interest wained again they made it so that if a player caught a box from you tank you had a chance to get it too.

So in short supply skyrocked as general interest also wained meaning huge supply with little interest I.E mass deflation.

The scarfs will not deflate because of course they were the DEC 03 DI (read former MCs). I dont expect the price to change more than a mill or so in the next few months either though.  

gdapw
Crew

Friendly Friend

13,925 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Flatterer 200

RedCowGirl

Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:02 pm
gdapw
Is this the sort of this sage would know about?

Of course.

Basically, when interest in booty grab started to wain Gaia figured they could up the usage of it again by making certain fish that dropped pink gift boxes such as Grunny Subs.

This meant as well as getting say 500 - 2000g per game you could get a pink box each game if you were lucky, thus leading to a flood of pink boxes and a drop in the value of all items inside. On top of that later on as interest wained again they made it so that if a player caught a box from you tank you had a chance to get it too.

So in short supply skyrocked as general interest also wained meaning huge supply with little interest I.E mass deflation.

The scarfs will not deflate because of course they were the DEC 03 DI (read former MCs). I dont expect the price to change more than a mill or so in the next few months either though.

if we ever get married your in charge of the finances babe

also what about the achievement scores whats all that about????  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:56 am
RedCowGirl

This post needs a like button.

Achievements...um...frankly, I don't know what the point is to them aside from just being for show. They certainly don't seem to actually DO anything. Sage had all of the achievements at one point though, so he might know.  

GoldDiggingWhore
Vice Captain

Generous Lover

BlueCowGirl
Vice Captain

Questionable Millionaire

6,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:47 pm
GoldDiggingWhore
RedCowGirl

This post needs a like button.

heart heart heart hahahaha

GoldDiggingWhore

that is why i would pay someone to do it for me... maybe when i steal my friends net i can do it but like today i'm to busy doing other stuff  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:47 pm
Well...

Basically it was invented as a way to show how gaia elite you are. But also a secondary tool both to teach people how to use different features as well as drive participation back into some features which are being used less. Also to drive more participation in new events from older users.

There has been much talk about what they will be used for (and I mean from devs) but the general idea was at some point you could trade your points for some gaia items as well like a seperate form of currency similar to wing stickers in a way.  

gdapw
Crew

Friendly Friend

13,925 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Flatterer 200

AssassinCowboy

Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:10 pm
gdapw
Well...

Basically it was invented as a way to show how gaia elite you are. But also a secondary tool both to teach people how to use different features as well as drive participation back into some features which are being used less. Also to drive more participation in new events from older users.

There has been much talk about what they will be used for (and I mean from devs) but the general idea was at some point you could trade your points for some gaia items as well like a seperate form of currency similar to wing stickers in a way.

ohhhh good lord... not another form of currency... crazy... CRAZY  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:00 am
AssassinCowboy

At least this one is nontransferable.  

GoldDiggingWhore
Vice Captain

Generous Lover

RedCowGirl

Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:40 am
GoldDiggingWhore
AssassinCowboy

At least this one is nontransferable.

... yet  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:44 am
RedCowGirl
... yet

If they do, they are even sillier in the head than I thought.  

GoldDiggingWhore
Vice Captain

Generous Lover

BlueCowGirl
Vice Captain

Questionable Millionaire

6,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:06 am
GoldDiggingWhore
RedCowGirl
... yet

If they do, they are even sillier in the head than I thought.

um.... look back throughout the years... yeah... 'nuf said!  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 3:03 pm
When you can cash them, I believe your total achievement worth dosent chance, just your spendable achievement points (that way you can still be recognised for your achievement elitism).

But of course when the items are released then they will work similar as items brought in the treehouse.  

gdapw
Crew

Friendly Friend

13,925 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Flatterer 200

GoldDiggingWhore
Vice Captain

Generous Lover

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:49 pm
Huh. Well, that's still stoopid >.>