Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
gay pride on gaia Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Pompette

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:50 am
Barrett Jaeger
RavennaGrimoire
Barrett Jaeger
At the risk of sounding like a typical bigot, I ask, "What's the point of gay pride?"
I, for example, don't have "Straight Pride", I simply have pride. Not too much (well, that's debatable), not too little.
That is, what is it about being gay that makes you proud, rather than being proud of who you are instead?
I like to tell people that I'm not proud of being an American, and neither should anyone else be, not because I hate America (because I don't), but because I had no control over that bit. I, and, indeed, everyone else (in my opinion, at least) should instead be proud of their accomplishments, not heritage, sexuality, etc.

Does this make any sense to anyone, or am I just rambling?

There's no straight pride because people don't hate you for being straight. You're the social "norm" and we as gays are not.

I think you've missed the point of what I what I was trying to say. However, that was to be expected, as the wording isn't what I would have wanted. Sadly I can't exactly explain much more than I had in my original post, so I don't know what I could do to help you understand what I meant. It was hard enough to get it to make as much sense as it did, after all. sweatdrop

Dagger, let me try to summarize what you stated. Basically you're said that gay's, bisexuals, etc. isn't anything but just a sexuality, like straight people - only different preferences, therefore it's just another natural thing and there's no need for you to express it, unless someone asks you if you're gay or whatever. I think...honestly, this is my opinion, which is probably similar to what you stated, is that there really is no need to show your pride on your own individual. I think people like that don't realize that their sexuality is just another normality in this world. But, I also think they do it to show homophobes that they're not afraid of them and don't care what they think - but still, I think that's being a bit too exposing or a tinsy bit overboard. I mean, having gay pride wristbands/necklace/bracelet/etc. is one thing, since it's just showing that you do have pride in your own self. But wearing too many rainbow things..Eh..I don't know how to word it out, but I think you get what I'm saying. I can understand having pride in who you are, but really..there's no need to put it out there too much. A gay pride wristband/necklace/bracelet/etc. would already put it out there for people. xd  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:05 am
iShotElmo8D

Dagger, let me try to summarize what you stated. Basically you're said that gay's, bisexuals, etc. isn't anything but just a sexuality, like straight people - only different preferences, therefore it's just another natural thing and there's no need for you to express it, unless someone asks you if you're gay or whatever. I think...honestly, this is my opinion, which is probably similar to what you stated, is that there really is no need to show your pride on your own individual. I think people like that don't realize that their sexuality is just another normality in this world. But, I also think they do it to show homophobes that they're not afraid of them and don't care what they think - but still, I think that's being a bit too exposing or a tinsy bit overboard. I mean, having gay pride wristbands/necklace/bracelet/etc. is one thing, since it's just showing that you do have pride in your own self. But wearing too many rainbow things..Eh..I don't know how to word it out, but I think you get what I'm saying. I can understand having pride in who you are, but really..there's no need to put it out there too much. A gay pride wristband/necklace/bracelet/etc. would already put it out there for people. xd

For a second there I thought I had offended you. I'm glad to see differently. I definitely didn't mean that sexuality is just preference, but otherwise you hit the nail on the head in your translation of my message.  

Prussian Imperial Guard

Fashionable Lunatic

8,650 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Autobiographer 200

Pompette

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:43 pm
Barrett Jaeger
iShotElmo8D

For a second there I thought I had offended you. I'm glad to see differently. I definitely didn't mean that sexuality is just preference, but otherwise you hit the nail on the head in your translation of my message.

Haha, nahhh..I was wanted to summarize what you said since others misinterpreted you. lol

Oh, and nono, I did not stated that you saw it as a preference. It's not at all.  
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 7:42 am
As often as i do in real life, which is almost never. pride is not a very good thing in my opinion, not just gay pride, any kind of pride. besides I don't go around in real life with a sticker o telling people I'm gay, why do it here?  

Sin Error

Elder

7,850 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Invisibility 100
The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers