Welcome to Gaia! ::

HighTail Cafe (Furry Guild)

Back to Guilds

HTC is your one stop for all things furry on Gaia! 

Tags: furry, anthro, anthropomorphic, LGBT, roleplay 

Reply HighTail Cafe
Did my first M-Shift Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kit Kat Purrpurr

Dangerous Ladykiller

10,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:13 pm
Ryu Kei Shou Kawazu
Kit Kat Purrpurr
I decided to go with a cat that seemed close enough to me to shirt into, and that car would be a jaguar. cat_3nodding

This will all see weird to you guys, but I still want to post it. Because it means a lot to me if I can post it and not been seen as way too weird cat_sweatdrop

Anyway, here was my experience. Mind you I did this on my bed lying down with my eyes closed until I opened them and started moving around.

"I'm not sure how much time I spent being shifted. But I definitely did.

I've never felt the way I did. At first I was seeing tunnel vision, and my view was small. I had to think of every detail about what I was. But, as time we t on, my view got wider. And I did more things automatically. Like yawning the way they do, and growling. I roared. I really roared.

And every time I roared, I felt this burning sensation starting in my gut, then slowly working its way through my body. I felt my eyes vibrating in their sockets. I don't even know how to do that. And my limps were vibrating.

At one point, I was envisioning climbing up a tree, but then suddenly my vision went grey. I couldn't see anything, I wanted the fog to be clear. So I growled and snarled and roared. And eventually, I felt the vibrating reach its peak, and then stop. And I could see. See very very clearly (my eyes were closed the whole time).

Clearly.

As a jaguar.

I envisioned a landscape not known well by jaguars; a grassy field with almost no trees. I began to pant in the hot sun and felt the heat getting under my fur. Flies started bothering me and I shook my head. I looked around and spotted what looked like a jungle of sorts off in the distance. So I started off at a run towards it. About midway to it, I began to get really thirsty, so I lifted my head in the air and sniffed. I could smell a spring not far off, and when I get there, I leaned down to the water and lapped it up with my tongue. When I turned around to head back, I came face to face with another jaguar. We exchanged growls and angry looks, but I managed to get past him. When I arrived at the forest, I climbed up a tree and laid down in the branches. And I knew. I could open my eyes and be a jaguar.

So I opened my eyes actually, and I could still see the landscape. Even if I was looking directly at my room, I saw a faded image of the plain. And I still felt like a jaguar. I got down off my bed because Temari (my cat) kept trying to get in my room by annoying me with her scratching at the door. So I snarled at the door and she stopped. Then I jumped back on the bed and laid down again, where I set my head down and relaxed for a few minutes.then I realized I would have to become human again, so I had to envision myself with my human features again. And slowly, I became human again. I'm all good now."
astral projection has been reported that vibrations occur during, so if astral were a part of the mind then it would have been easy to change your form in it perhaps.

Either that or I think you hypnotized yourself.

I wouldn't be sure as to which.

But I'll probably do this again today.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:18 pm
Kit Kat Purrpurr
Ryu Kei Shou Kawazu
Kit Kat Purrpurr
I decided to go with a cat that seemed close enough to me to shirt into, and that car would be a jaguar. cat_3nodding

This will all see weird to you guys, but I still want to post it. Because it means a lot to me if I can post it and not been seen as way too weird cat_sweatdrop

Anyway, here was my experience. Mind you I did this on my bed lying down with my eyes closed until I opened them and started moving around.

"I'm not sure how much time I spent being shifted. But I definitely did.

I've never felt the way I did. At first I was seeing tunnel vision, and my view was small. I had to think of every detail about what I was. But, as time we t on, my view got wider. And I did more things automatically. Like yawning the way they do, and growling. I roared. I really roared.

And every time I roared, I felt this burning sensation starting in my gut, then slowly working its way through my body. I felt my eyes vibrating in their sockets. I don't even know how to do that. And my limps were vibrating.

At one point, I was envisioning climbing up a tree, but then suddenly my vision went grey. I couldn't see anything, I wanted the fog to be clear. So I growled and snarled and roared. And eventually, I felt the vibrating reach its peak, and then stop. And I could see. See very very clearly (my eyes were closed the whole time).

Clearly.

As a jaguar.

I envisioned a landscape not known well by jaguars; a grassy field with almost no trees. I began to pant in the hot sun and felt the heat getting under my fur. Flies started bothering me and I shook my head. I looked around and spotted what looked like a jungle of sorts off in the distance. So I started off at a run towards it. About midway to it, I began to get really thirsty, so I lifted my head in the air and sniffed. I could smell a spring not far off, and when I get there, I leaned down to the water and lapped it up with my tongue. When I turned around to head back, I came face to face with another jaguar. We exchanged growls and angry looks, but I managed to get past him. When I arrived at the forest, I climbed up a tree and laid down in the branches. And I knew. I could open my eyes and be a jaguar.

So I opened my eyes actually, and I could still see the landscape. Even if I was looking directly at my room, I saw a faded image of the plain. And I still felt like a jaguar. I got down off my bed because Temari (my cat) kept trying to get in my room by annoying me with her scratching at the door. So I snarled at the door and she stopped. Then I jumped back on the bed and laid down again, where I set my head down and relaxed for a few minutes.then I realized I would have to become human again, so I had to envision myself with my human features again. And slowly, I became human again. I'm all good now."
astral projection has been reported that vibrations occur during, so if astral were a part of the mind then it would have been easy to change your form in it perhaps.

Either that or I think you hypnotized yourself.

I wouldn't be sure as to which.

But I'll probably do this again today.
Slightly on topic but once I had a dream I was a tree frog lol.  

Ask Jappleack

Greedy Consumer

Kit Kat Purrpurr

Dangerous Ladykiller

10,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:20 pm
Ryu Kei Shou Kawazu

That's pretty neat :O I had this one dream where I was Leela from Futurama (the whole storyline of the dream was pretty weird), and I remember jumping from these huge trees to other trees, and that was really trippy.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:28 pm
Kit Kat Purrpurr
Ryu Kei Shou Kawazu

That's pretty neat :O I had this one dream where I was Leela from Futurama (the whole storyline of the dream was pretty weird), and I remember jumping from these huge trees to other trees, and that was really trippy.
When I was the treefrog the streets were flooding so I went uphill, then ti was sunny and someoen was chasing me and up the steep road, and I noticed cars driving so I got under them so the dude would stop chasing me lol.  

Ask Jappleack

Greedy Consumer

Kit Kat Purrpurr

Dangerous Ladykiller

10,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:30 pm
Ryu Kei Shou Kawazu
Kit Kat Purrpurr
Ryu Kei Shou Kawazu

When I was the treefrog the streets were flooding so I went uphill, then ti was sunny and someoen was chasing me and up the steep road, and I noticed cars driving so I got under them so the dude would stop chasing me lol.

Lol wow xD dreams can be so weird. Haha  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:31 pm
Kit Kat Purrpurr
Ryu Kei Shou Kawazu
Kit Kat Purrpurr
Ryu Kei Shou Kawazu

That dream isn't close to as wierd as some of my other ones lol. Also nice avi.  

Ask Jappleack

Greedy Consumer

Kit Kat Purrpurr

Dangerous Ladykiller

10,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:32 pm
Ryu Kei Shou Kawazu
Kit Kat Purrpurr
Ryu Kei Shou Kawazu
Kit Kat Purrpurr
Ryu Kei Shou Kawazu

That dream isn't close to as wierd as some of my other ones lol. Also nice avi.

Haha thankies :3  
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 7:13 am
Heya. Interesting experience you had with your M-shift, Kit Kat.
I happen to be both a furry and a therian.
I'm still working on my own M-shifts. I know my theriotype is lynx, having done some work on shifting before. I still get what are called phantom shifts from time to time. ("feeling" lynx ears on my head and such. The phantom ears sometimes move too, and I can feel that movement on my head. Also get what feels like phantom version of a lynx's face tufts.) I'll have to try working on M-shifting more. smile

Also, the site you linked may not be the best resource as far as my kind of shifting goes, since it seems like they feel that P-shifts are possible and I personally don't. I don't want to debate that topic though, as many people have fought about it for a long time. lol.

I think that this:
http://therian-guide.com/?page=Shifting
is a better guide for what I experience personally. It also explains what I mean when I describe phantom shifts.  

Feral Marshmallow Lynx

Feline Shapeshifter

9,100 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Over Easy 100
  • Hunter 50

Kit Kat Purrpurr

Dangerous Ladykiller

10,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 11:38 am
Feral Marshmallow Lynx

I personally feel that p-shifts are just a complete mind trick that are basically an m-shift taken farther than it probably should. But I'm not going to debate about them sweatdrop

I really want to induce more phantom-shifts, as I don't experience them, be it on purpose or without warning.  
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 3:27 pm
Kit Kat Purrpurr
Feral Marshmallow Lynx

I personally feel that p-shifts are just a complete mind trick that are basically an m-shift taken farther than it probably should. But I'm not going to debate about them sweatdrop

I really want to induce more phantom-shifts, as I don't experience them, be it on purpose or without warning.

I'll link you in a PM to a book on practicing shifting I picked up. It's a really good one for general knowledge on the subject. For now though, I have to log out. smile  

Feral Marshmallow Lynx

Feline Shapeshifter

9,100 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Over Easy 100
  • Hunter 50
HighTail Cafe

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers