Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Chronicles of Magesc

Back to Guilds

A breedable/changing pet shop guild for role play. 

Tags: Magesc, Soudana, Seren, Abronaxus, Dragon 

Reply ⊶» Ϻɑɢєsc «⊷
Questions and Feedback Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Fluffesu

Fluff Seeker

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:48 am
Q: Kind of tagging off the above question - do bonded Drakeins get their own items from helping in a fight?

A: No. The melded magics of a bond are seen as 1 person by the Dragon's soul as it dies so it leave only 1 orb behind when a bonded pair kills it.
And since Bondeds are technically not a character in their own right (being attached permanently to thier bonded an all that) the magescian gets the items only.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 8:29 pm
Q: Do dragons have personal names?
A: They do indeed have names. They just tend to not tell them to non dragons! After all, what's the point in talking to food/toy/enemies?
Their names are ancient and rather eccentric, so no Joe, Bobs or the like. Maybe something like T'ythiss.  

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:54 am
Q: Can all of the items at Peddler's Rock be bought using Dragon Souls as currency? Some aren't listed as such. For ingredients, what would the exchange rate be?

Also, how does a civilian path cahracter get crafting materials? Do they have to buy them?

A: Unless it has a listed price for Dragon souls, assume the item cannot be bought with them.
Civi's just buy any items they need at their local city/village market.
To do this, just post and buy the items like you normally, do, but write up a solo of them purchasing it at a local market or from Arick himself.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:02 pm
Fluffesu

Q: I was looking at the breeding post, and I spotted that Drakeinians can breed with Magescians! So, would the child take the race of just the Magescian parent, or would the Drakeinian make it like.... half Dovaa or something?

A: The child born would be half Drakein (so potenitally look like a Rhaze type I think?) but act like a dovaa for all purposes. They are born to a clan and can't choose one like a dovaa does. Otherwise treat them like a Dovaa hybrid!
They cannot change into a full blooded Drakein.. until they reach master! Then they may either choose to take their other half's master special (dovaa: dragn form, Ord/Obliv: companion) or they may choose a Drakein form. Since they are not feral Drakeins (full blood) they cannot become Drakeinians. That is a special state, plus they have no need to do so since they already have 2 legs.

The looks are currently up for debate! This answer may change!  

robot kitten

Tipsy Pirate

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 5:19 am
Q: Some additional questions on the subject of half drakein:

They are born with a clan from their drakein half, but if their other half was Dovaa, could they also choose a second clan?

Would their expert stage Drakein form be on the lines, or be unique lineart?

And a general drakein breeding question... Drakein are born into their clans. Is this inherited from their parents or are they so mixbred that you can have a peisio born to an ayrala and a ysali?

A: We are still discussing the Dovaa/Drakein mix clan choosing, so no answer for you there right now. Personally, I say no.. but that's just me... Others may have different ideas. Will get back to you on this after it has been discussed further!

And they would get their Normal Drakein form which is just like the normal lines, though you can request edits if you wish. But any special edits will need to be based off their Magescian form!
If they are an Oblivionite hybrid and have a skull in their art already, you may translate that to a Necrokein line art!
If they are Peisio clan and have not had wings included in their art and character, you may choose to have the Merkin lines.
If they are an Orderite hybrid, with an Ayrala clan and wings are a big part of them, than you may choose to have Alkien lines.
If a parent was one of these specials, than you have a chance at getting the special lines as well.
Horns can be edited in to match their tow-legged form and frills and so on if you so desire. But the colorist may say they are not up to doing some edits and you'll have to talk to them about that.

As for mixing the clans of Drakeins: You inherit one of your parents clan. So a Peisio from a Ysali and Ayrala Drakein breeding cannot happen. You must be a Ysali or Ayrala in this case.

~robo  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:56 pm
Q: A question about Race leader rps.
If a character cannot or would not ICly talk to their race leader for whatever reason, how do we deal with alternatives?

A: You can use another character or figure as a stand in as opposed to your designated race leader, as long as the presentation of the orbs fulfills the same general role. I.e. if, perhaps, your character is raised in a secluded village that is separate from their race leader or if they are a hybrid, they may go to a person they respect or someone who is otherwise in a position of power and worthy of being presented trophies such as orbs.

Q: If they want to interact with a leader, but for reasons cannot do an in-person setup, can the race leader rp be done via a letter- as in, they send a letter or package to the race leader?

A: I see no reason why not, since this fulfills the same general intent of an orb turn-in with the same result. So long as it meets word requirements.
You may want to use Arick(shop keeper) as your "leader" or messenger to which leader you are trying to reach.

Special case:
Quote:
Okay, what about an Obliv sending orbs to Aevah? Drac's Rae lives amongst Ords and is practically one of them except for his race.

Quote:
Ohh, that's different, but I remember seeing something about that.

Hmm, okay I will say that WOULD REQUIRE a letter almost, or stand in for him. As he wouldn't be allowed to see Aevah directly I wouldn't think. So maybe his parents would do it for him or deliver the letter or someone of Ord blood anyway. smilies/icon_smile.gif

But yeah I can see Aevah compassionately taking in an Obliv IF they have given her reassurance that he is with them. But the parents/guardian would have to do that I think. If an Ord was to try with Draco, though. He wouldn't be keen on the idea for sure. Just because he's a hardened heart and wishes all Ord dead. So it is situational.

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:57 pm
Q: How would a mage living with people not of their race learn race-appropriate magic?

A: Perhaps seek out a tutor of their race or practice on their own from spell books in trial and error fashion? Up to you, I would think.

Q: Is it possible to have a mage who uses a not-imprinted sword?

A: Yes. Different classes are allowed to carry additional weapons with them that they are not imprinted to, so there's no reason a mage shouldn't be able to carry a sword. It simply won't have any of the benefits that their imprinted weapon will have (obviously) and function purely as an ordinary sword that gives no actual battle statistics (unless it's an item weapon you acquire from an adventure or some such).  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:58 pm
Q: How malleable is weapon design? Like, can you have a bladed scepter?
A: This is doable. But it needs to remain recognizable as the original staff/scepter. Bladed scepter is a bit much, but you can have it end up like a club... just realize that a scepter is maybe 2 feet long and not the sturdiest of things so don't go abusing it too much or it'll break! If you really want a weapon but are a mage, you may have one, it just won't be an imprinted one. I would say go this route rather than make your scepter into a weapon.

Staffs are staffs: no adding a spear tip to it. That makes it something else.
Realize that staffs/scepters of Mages are used to channel power and not be used as a weapon unless you are very very desperate. They aren't made for hitting things really.

Q:Can the 'scepter' be a 'spellbook'?
A: No. Scepter is a wand like object. It helps you channel your magic, a spell book is something that is used to recite spells/rituals and help you remember stuff. Not a channeling device at all.  

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:00 pm
Q: can you trade items- say an item you win but dont actually wan't- for an item you DO want?

A: With other players, yes, if you find someone who wants to make the trade. Do so in an RP! Then post in stat thread asking for the items to be exchanged.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:30 pm
ADDENDUM/CLARIFICATION OF MY PREVIOUS QUESTION:

Q: I meant, as in, trading it in the shop for another item in the shop.

A: Oh yes if it's of equal value, than you may. If the item isn't in the shop, than ask Brolis how much it's price is.  

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 3:35 am
Q: Are Feral Drakein/Drakeinian allowed to buy various items/weapons/etc to boost their stats from Arick?

A: Yes! Though they can't use a weapon as well as a magescian cause no hands! They can use them.. just very poorly, so include that in rp's if you do them :3 A Drakein will always be the most dangerous when using claws and teeth. (plus magic!)  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 1:24 pm
Q: Do civilians ever utilize magic in their day to day jobs, or is magic just for mages?"

A: Yes they can and do. However, most Civi's are not trained in battle magics so they don't use those. Civi's also tend not to be strong magic users, a farmer may have some small magics to help around the house or in the fields, ranchers may know some spells of healing or calming to help with animals, but nothing too earth shaking.
Shop owners who sell magic items now, they would have access to some of the cooler spells.  

robot kitten

Tipsy Pirate

robot kitten

Tipsy Pirate

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 1:27 pm
Q: Concerning Civilians: Are they only allowed to have one Profession Master? Or can they have multiple, so long as it's within the same craft? Such as... three teachers in Enchanting?

A: Civi's normally wouldn't have an enchanting teacher unless they were going the path of scholar/or enchanter of things.... so if they had a job that involved magic use. So 3 teachers for Enchanting is a no-no. 1 in enchanting, 1 in alchemist magic, 1 in some other magic would be okay, but not 3 from 1 type.
Why go to multiple teachers for the same subject?
Also, to have multiple paths/professions, make sure they are related in some way! These professions are their livelihoods and I doubt a smith will have enough time to go and learn to be an alchemist while maintaining his job...

Q: So if she went the path of the scholar (which the Civi path thread says includes teachers, enchanters, and magical healers), she wouldn't be just limited to one of those things? She could do all three?

A: Yes and no. Choose one for now, then later once she's mastered one, she can start branching out. So for example: she starts learning as an apprentice enchanter, and then (after having learned and now is considered proficient to run her own business) later she decides to take on an apprentice and become a 'teacher' of enchanting while learning how to be an alchemist/herbalist on the side.

But as an Apprentice, stick to one! As she grows, add more to her if you want! So start as an enchanter, then go to learn healing after an event or something, then later as an adult, take an apprentice under her wing to teach heals or enchanting or both! So no, you aren't restricted to just one job... except for apprentices XD They get one then later branch out..  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 9:06 pm
I have a question about a specific adventure.

Q: In the marketplace adventure, can you go to multiple stalls and do the prompts there in a single adventure, or do you need to do multiple adventure threads to visit all the stalls and get the items?

A: You can visit all the stalls in one adventure, just make sure each stall gets 300 words (I think I had written somewhere in there.. hmm.. it's been a while since I wrote it XD)  

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100

robot kitten

Tipsy Pirate

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:29 am
Q: Can knives and daggers be a ranged weapon? Or are they melee only meaning you must take the path of a warrior?

A: It would be based on how you want your character to use them. Do they throw from a distance in hopes of assassinating the foe? Or do they sneak in close and personal for a back stab?
Thrown daggers would probably look like this. Throwing knives aren't going to be the best of melee though they can be used as such. (Like Legolas also uses his arrows to poke people's eyes out XD). They have no hilt which means an opponents blade can just slid along down the knife to cut your hand.

A melee knife is more like this . They have hilts that mess up the throwing and aim, but can be thrown in a tight spot.

This applies to most weapons that can fit into either category. How are you going to use it? Like a ranged weapon, or up close and personal? Ask a staff member if you aren't sure!  
⊶» Ϻɑɢєsc «⊷

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff