17,900 Points
  • Team Peyo 25
  • That One Hero 500
  • Super Jumper 500
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:23 am
Shanna66
xXGabriella-ShadowfireXx
Shanna66
they are adorable! i love hairless rats. i know ive said im not getting anymore but if i ever see a hairless or patchwork hairless im getting it, they look like chubby little kangaroos
I really wanted to find a patchwork hairless but those are harder to find. Im planning to get one more male to make a trio. It will be a hairy male so help with warmth in the cage. The two I have are named now. They are Tyki and Debitto.

ive seen a patchwork for sale at the exotic pet store i go to once a few years ago. i was still living with my dad and only had boys and the patchwork was a girl so i couldnt get her. i ckeck their rodent section every time i go just in case they get more
The pet store I go to I can order a certain kind of rat if I want but you will never know if you would get girls or boys. lol. A petstore in Macomb, IL they some times get Blue Dumbo rats and I really want a male.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:26 am
xXGabriella-ShadowfireXx
Shanna66
xXGabriella-ShadowfireXx
Shanna66
they are adorable! i love hairless rats. i know ive said im not getting anymore but if i ever see a hairless or patchwork hairless im getting it, they look like chubby little kangaroos
I really wanted to find a patchwork hairless but those are harder to find. Im planning to get one more male to make a trio. It will be a hairy male so help with warmth in the cage. The two I have are named now. They are Tyki and Debitto.

ive seen a patchwork for sale at the exotic pet store i go to once a few years ago. i was still living with my dad and only had boys and the patchwork was a girl so i couldnt get her. i ckeck their rodent section every time i go just in case they get more
The pet store I go to I can order a certain kind of rat if I want but you will never know if you would get girls or boys. lol. A petstore in Macomb, IL they some times get Blue Dumbo rats and I really want a male.

thats how the reptile store is here. im still on the hunt for captive bred male croc skinks and they keep telling me they will order them for me but they wont know if they are captive bred or even the gender until after they get them in  

Shanna66
Captain

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200

xXGabriella-ShadowfireXx

Angelic Vampire

17,900 Points
  • Team Peyo 25
  • That One Hero 500
  • Super Jumper 500
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:42 am
Shanna66
xXGabriella-ShadowfireXx
Shanna66
xXGabriella-ShadowfireXx
Shanna66

thats how the reptile store is here. im still on the hunt for captive bred male croc skinks and they keep telling me they will order them for me but they wont know if they are captive bred or even the gender until after they get them in
That sux. My hubby wants me to breed my boys but I told him first I have to find and get a female that is in really good health and that has a good bloodline. I know a really good rat breeder but I have to get her number from a friend. Hairless rats can have alot of medical problems if they arent bred right. You are suppose to breed a hairless male to a hairy female. Then breed a rat from that litter (usually a female) to a hairless to get stronger hairless rats.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:42 am
xXGabriella-ShadowfireXx
Cowgirl-with-heart
xXGabriella-ShadowfireXx
Shanna66
just be extra careful, cause those two are big rats, and I guess males can be harder to introduce than females, but I have never had males myself, that's just what I hear.
I take precaution when introducing rats. Even females. So I know all that people say on how to do it. The new one wont be housed with them until he is bigger but will have play time in a large and deep plastic tote/tube for a hour a day. C=
oh good xD have you ever had males before? I want to try them, but I am used to females, so IDK, my mm doesn't ever want to have males, the torpedo testicles are not attractive to her xD  

Cowgirl-with-heart

Friendly Nerd

5,650 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100

xXGabriella-ShadowfireXx

Angelic Vampire

17,900 Points
  • Team Peyo 25
  • That One Hero 500
  • Super Jumper 500
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:43 am
Cowgirl-with-heart
xXGabriella-ShadowfireXx
Cowgirl-with-heart
xXGabriella-ShadowfireXx
Shanna66
just be extra careful, cause those two are big rats, and I guess males can be harder to introduce than females, but I have never had males myself, that's just what I hear.
I take precaution when introducing rats. Even females. So I know all that people say on how to do it. The new one wont be housed with them until he is bigger but will have play time in a large and deep plastic tote/tube for a hour a day. C=
oh good xD have you ever had males before? I want to try them, but I am used to females, so IDK, my mm doesn't ever want to have males, the torpedo testicles are not attractive to her xD
No I havent. XD But I really like males more now. LOL  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:44 am
xXGabriella-ShadowfireXx
Shanna66
xXGabriella-ShadowfireXx
Shanna66
xXGabriella-ShadowfireXx
Shanna66

That sux. My hubby wants me to breed my boys but I told him first I have to find and get a female that is in really good health and that has a good bloodline. I know a really good rat breeder but I have to get her number from a friend. Hairless rats can have alot of medical problems if they arent bred right. You are suppose to breed a hairless male to a hairy female. Then breed a rat from that litter (usually a female) to a hairless to get stronger hairless rats.

i didnt know that. what happens if you breed 2 hairless rats together?  

Shanna66
Captain

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200

xXGabriella-ShadowfireXx

Angelic Vampire

17,900 Points
  • Team Peyo 25
  • That One Hero 500
  • Super Jumper 500
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:45 am
Shanna66
xXGabriella-ShadowfireXx
Shanna66
xXGabriella-ShadowfireXx
Shanna66

Females dont lactate well and they usually let the babies die unless they are a carrier of a hairy rat.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:49 am
xXGabriella-ShadowfireXx
Shanna66
xXGabriella-ShadowfireXx
Shanna66
xXGabriella-ShadowfireXx
Shanna66

Females dont lactate well and they usually let the babies die unless they are a carrier of a hairy rat.

O.o wow  

Shanna66
Captain

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200

xXGabriella-ShadowfireXx

Angelic Vampire

17,900 Points
  • Team Peyo 25
  • That One Hero 500
  • Super Jumper 500
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:51 am
Shanna66
xXGabriella-ShadowfireXx
Shanna66
xXGabriella-ShadowfireXx
Shanna66

O.o wow
yeah I didnt know that until I was researching before I got the rats last week. I was surprised too.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:17 pm
xXGabriella-ShadowfireXx
Cowgirl-with-heart
xXGabriella-ShadowfireXx
Cowgirl-with-heart
xXGabriella-ShadowfireXx
Shanna66
orly? I might try to convince her again, my only issues are I worry about aggression, I would hate for them to suddenly not get along, but it should be ok if I got only brothers....  

Cowgirl-with-heart

Friendly Nerd

5,650 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

xXGabriella-ShadowfireXx

Angelic Vampire

17,900 Points
  • Team Peyo 25
  • That One Hero 500
  • Super Jumper 500
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:23 pm
Cowgirl-with-heart
xXGabriella-ShadowfireXx
Cowgirl-with-heart
xXGabriella-ShadowfireXx
Cowgirl-with-heart
orly? I might try to convince her again, my only issues are I worry about aggression, I would hate for them to suddenly not get along, but it should be ok if I got only brothers....
Males will fight no matter what like girls do. But if you get them from the same litter and at the same time they usually get along very well. Otherwise you have to do introductions really slow and have an extra medical cage just in case. I have a plastic one on hand since I lost Nox. I been very paranoid about my rats since she died.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 4:20 am
xXGabriella-ShadowfireXx
Cowgirl-with-heart
xXGabriella-ShadowfireXx
Cowgirl-with-heart
xXGabriella-ShadowfireXx
Cowgirl-with-heart
Males will fight no matter what like girls do. But if you get them from the same litter and at the same time they usually get along very well. Otherwise you have to do introductions really slow and have an extra medical cage just in case. I have a plastic one on hand since I lost Nox. I been very paranoid about my rats since she died.

8 of my rats have been boys, most from differetn places and different ages. ive never had an issue doing intros. ive read that unaltered boys are the toughest to do intros with but i never had an issue with it. sure there werre a few rat squabbles but never any blood. the only time i had troubles with my boys was when pickles decided he no longer liked his cagemates alive so i had to house him alone.

but my girls seem so much more at ease with each other, even the boys that were best friends would squabble every once in a whiole. the only time ive hear my girls squabble was when i only put in one egg or piece of pizza for them to share  

Shanna66
Captain

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200

Cowgirl-with-heart

Friendly Nerd

5,650 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:54 am
Shanna66
when pickles decided he no longer liked his cagemates alive so i had to house him alone.
sweatdrop that is what I am worried about lol, but I think the males have less health issues, and they are sposed to be calmer (SPOSED to be lol) so IDK....  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:22 am
Cowgirl-with-heart
Shanna66
when pickles decided he no longer liked his cagemates alive so i had to house him alone.
sweatdrop that is what I am worried about lol, but I think the males have less health issues, and they are sposed to be calmer (SPOSED to be lol) so IDK....
that usually only happens with old age. I heard that some older rats rather be alone then have cagemates with them.  

xXGabriella-ShadowfireXx

Angelic Vampire

17,900 Points
  • Team Peyo 25
  • That One Hero 500
  • Super Jumper 500

Shanna66
Captain

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:13 pm
Cowgirl-with-heart
Shanna66

its suposed to be pretty rare. all my time on goosemoose and i think i was the only one with a male like that.  
Pets & Animals Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff