Submit

Skaeryll

Dangerous Spotter

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 3:19 pm
The Eleventh AK
Trenn Flashkill
The Eleventh AK
Trenn Flashkill
Not sure if there's a solid definition for it, but I consider a remake to be a game rebuilt from scratch.
Wouldn't that make it an entirely different game... and... therefore... not a remake? ._.
No. As an example, Final Fantasy III for the DS is a remake. Chrono Trigger for the DS is a port.
Did they do anything other than update the graphics to 3D for FFIII? I didn't really pay attention to it

They changed up the story a bit and added another job.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 3:44 pm
I think David is completely and totally missing the point.  

Trenn Flashkill
Vice Captain

Skaeryll

Dangerous Spotter

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 4:19 pm
Trenn Flashkill
I think David is completely and totally missing the point.

Yeah. lol  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:28 pm
I think that you are all nitpickinga pretty ******** stupid point.

Let's just agree that they're doing this:
Putting Ocarina of Time with Masterquest on the 3DS, with improved textures, and lighting, and even some improved models and areas.

Sound good?

That's the thing they're doing.

Now who here thinks that it should really have a budget price point, much like a New Play Control title?  

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

Nomega

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:01 pm
[Kegan]
who here thinks that it should really have a budget price point, much like a New Play Control title?

Huh...?  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:13 pm
[Kegan]
I think that you are all nitpickinga pretty ******** stupid point.

Let's just agree that they're doing this:
Putting Ocarina of Time with Masterquest on the 3DS, with improved textures, and lighting, and even some improved models and areas.

Sound good?

That's the thing they're doing.
...which means it's not a remake. I summed up my point in less words than yours.  

Trenn Flashkill
Vice Captain

alsoknownasak

Clean Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:18 am
ARGUMENTS OVER WORDS

DON'T CALL IT THAT IT DOESN'T FIT MY DEFINITION

wait what was this thread about again
oh yeah zelda  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:02 am
I was kinda hoping they'd give the game the orchestrated treatment.

The music means a lot to me in a game. About as much as graphics, but maybe not as much as gameplay.

I might hold out on buying into for a while simply because I'm bothered by how timid this "remake" is. Which is to say that it's hardly able to be called a remake at all. It is, in all sense of the word, a port, much like the "New Play Control" games, which also featured enhancements to controls, high-resolution textures and things like better lighting.

All the people who get butthurt because I say that need to step back and look at it objectively, as someone who doesn't take Nintendo's business as their own personal pride... Which a lot of you guys do!

If it's New Play Control style, I kinda expect the New Play Control price.

I've already gone out of my way to own this game on two other systems. I'm not exactly a cheap-a** when it comes to playing good games, but I'm sure that's what I'll be called. (And I already have been, twice.)

I think I'm making a pretty valid point, here, and it's being dismissed, because I'm in a very dyed-in-the-wool Nintendo Fan forum. (Imagine going into Neogaf and trying to make a cogent point about how emulation hurts software developers.) I just happily shelled out 250 for the 3DS, but please Nintendo. Go easy on my wallet :I  

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

Trenn Flashkill
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:30 pm
You think it's dumb to argue over simple words, but "remake" and "port" are two fundamentally different ideas and can completely change your perspective of a game. There is nothing underwhelming about this game. It's a port. It always was. I don't remember anyone saying that OoT and Starfox were being completely remade. Any improvement at all is icing on the cake. In that sense, OoT 3D is shaping up incredibly well. Better than most ports, honestly.

As for price, you can't set that precedent. Hard work is going into this game, and it is being sold retail. Sell this game cheaper than normal, and you'll be virtually locked into a price cap for future ports. Besides, the content within the game completely justify a $40 price tag. The justification being that any one with a 3DS will buy it regardless.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:04 pm
Forty dollars is a steal for this game. It's the best-reviewed game in the history of all of gaming, and it won that title back when game journalism wasn't so biased and corrupt, too. I don't care if you can get it on the VC for ten, and I don't care that New Play Control games (which had nothing new besides the controls, for the record) were thirty. This will be the definitive version, and I think everyone knows that.

If you don't think their improvements are worth it, get it on the VC for ten. Simple as that. If you want to play it in 3D with redone graphics and other improvements, suck it up and dole out the forty, because it probably won't drop in price very soon.

It's sort of like Animal Crossing. Everyone always complains about how that series never adds anything new, and then they go out and buy it anyway, at full price, because the new version of that game is -always- the definitive version! Seriously, who ever had the urge to go back to Wild World after City Folk came out? I sure didn't. I'm sure I'll leave City Folk for dead once the 3DS entry comes out, too.  

Waynebrizzle

alsoknownasak

Clean Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:00 pm
trenn flashkill... king of words  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:24 pm
The Eleventh AK
trenn flashkill... king of words

That's MR. King of Words, you peon.  

Trenn Flashkill
Vice Captain

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:31 pm
New Play Control Metroid Prime 1 and 2 had higehr resolution textures. They talked about it in the Dev. video journal for Metroid Prime Trilogy.

Suck my d**k. >:I

Also, Do you think I'd really mind if they set a precedent of taking 10 or even 20 off the price of the ports? I wouldn't. They're probably become the best selling titles of the summer among 3DS games.

What ever happened to "Greatest hits," anyway?  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 4:06 pm
I'm not worried about any remakes from Nintendo.

I mean, seriously.

Did you see what they did with Heart Gold and Soul Silver?
Did you see all the extra s**t? All the ballin' s**t?

God.
Honestly.
Better than the original.
Aside from the music.

O WATS DAT U DON'T LIKE DA NEW MUSIC>!

BOOOOOOMMM!!!

GAMEBOY SOUNDS ACCESSORY, ACTIVATE!!!!
HNNNNNNNGH

Nope.
Not worried about Nintendo Remakes at all.  

Kuzodav

Eloquent Conversationalist

Nomega

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:11 pm
Just wait for the announcement that the entire game is going to be controlled with the stylus.

Maybe now Nintendo will realize why the other DS Zeldas were shitty.  
'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff