Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Artificial vs. Natural? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sivirs

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 5:11 am
missmagpie
Dammit! I almost want an excuse to try it now!

That's exactly what I said, too! surprised

--

Quote:
I may write a script to echo out a blessing a few times, just so the webserver "says" the blessing and, thus, is sanctified.

That sounds pretty awesome. I've mostly messed around with making sigils and using them as wallpapers/screensavers, as well as just using the physical computer itself as an altar area and warding it and whatnot. Occasionally I tried using screensavers as meditational focuses, but I've never been much good at meditation of any sort. Just staring at the monitor for long enough with the right music on can make for a hell of a trance state though.

Computer is fussy and incomprehensible and has a life of its own now, but that's par for the course with ANY computer, so I can't take credit. *sigh*

But the day I get an IM from a deity is the day I will die happy. cool  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 5:17 am
reagun ban
missmagpie
Just had to say it: That's so cool! Geekiness aside, that's one of the most creative banishings i've ever heard of. Dammit! I almost want an excuse to try it now!

All we have to do is get a photo of that fundy who keeps showing up at the moots.... then, oh yes... then she will feel our wrath..... fwa ha ha ha ha.... I mean magic can only be used for pure good reasons

LOL. But of course it would be a pure and good reason because it's one of them DAMN X!ANS! HOW DARE THEY SHOW THEIR FACE AT A PAGAN MOOT? IS NOTHING SAFE FROM THEIR MURDEROUS FUNDY WAYS!?!? And we all know fundys don't count as actual human beings... blaugh It'd be more amusing if she ever said anything. Then we could have some fun twisted  

Pelta

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 5:32 am
Bumper Sticker that is echoing in Tea's ears:

"Why get real? Plastic is cheaper and comes in prettier colours!"  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 5:35 am
Sivirs
missmagpie
Dammit! I almost want an excuse to try it now!

That's exactly what I said, too! surprised

--

Quote:
I may write a script to echo out a blessing a few times, just so the webserver "says" the blessing and, thus, is sanctified.

That sounds pretty awesome. I've mostly messed around with making sigils and using them as wallpapers/screensavers, as well as just using the physical computer itself as an altar area and warding it and whatnot. Occasionally I tried using screensavers as meditational focuses, but I've never been much good at meditation of any sort. Just staring at the monitor for long enough with the right music on can make for a hell of a trance state though.

Computer is fussy and incomprehensible and has a life of its own now, but that's par for the course with ANY computer, so I can't take credit. *sigh*

But the day I get an IM from a deity is the day I will die happy. cool

I'm totally computationally (if that's a word) illiterate, but couldn't you in theory create codes to do certain things, like your generic whatnot spells, save them and use them when you needed them? And I'm sure the vast world of the internet could have some huge benefits and uses... I'm really hazy on computer-speech, but it'd be like what Reagun said about the blessing. It sounds like a good idea anyway. You'd have to ask someone else if it's actually feasable. We already know that it's possible to have a damn good divination program. Thanks Reagun! xd  

Pelta

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 5:56 am
Here's an idea in the same theme. Audio recording on a standard tape of a devocation or banishing that can be played, then erased with a strong magnet.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 6:02 am
TeaDidikai
Here's an idea in the same theme. Audio recording on a standard tape of a devocation or banishing that can be played, then erased with a strong magnet.

I have one word for you, madam.

Furby.  

Sivirs

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 6:14 am
Sivirs
TeaDidikai

Furby.
~FRENZY KILL KILL KILL KILL!!!!!~

Wouldn't they be prime examples of Glossolalia?  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 3:49 pm
Sivirs
TeaDidikai

Furby.
Kick. a**! rofl  

Tsuzuki

Sivirs

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 4:58 pm
Tsuzuki
Sivirs

Furby.

Kick. a**! rofl

Yeah, if they'd advertised Furbies as portable coven members they probably would've sold better.

One coven member short for that important rite?! Never fear! Just program the proper dialogue into your Furby and set it loose!

I can imagine any number of insidious things to do with furbies, using them as host bodies for servitors or pre-existing entities and the like, but I'm too much of a wuss to try most of them out. 'Cause.. ehm.. furbies scare me to begin with, no telling how freaky they'd be with an actual entity inside them.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 1:07 am
missmagpie
I'm totally computationally (if that's a word) illiterate, but couldn't you in theory create codes to do certain things, like your generic whatnot spells, save them and use them when you needed them? And I'm sure the vast world of the internet could have some huge benefits and uses... I'm really hazy on computer-speech, but it'd be like what Reagun said about the blessing. It sounds like a good idea anyway. You'd have to ask someone else if it's actually feasable. We already know that it's possible to have a damn good divination program. Thanks Reagun! xd

Oh, technically it's feasable. Chaos Magic has mechanisms for using computers as magical tools (then again Chaos Magic has mechanisms for using anything as magical tools) and depending on how I word the spell, I could get everyone who uses the system to un-knowingly contribute to the spell..... that would, of course, be immoral and wrong..... but just think of the ends.....  

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Pelta

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 2:25 am
reagun ban
missmagpie

Oh, technically it's feasable. Chaos Magic has mechanisms for using computers as magical tools (then again Chaos Magic has mechanisms for using anything as magical tools) and depending on how I word the spell, I could get everyone who uses the system to un-knowingly contribute to the spell..... that would, of course, be immoral and wrong..... but just think of the ends.....

Lol. You could also then link the codes on a website. Then you start one of those sites where you can "Click on this button! Get a free love spell! Only 5.99 a click!" You'd be rich!
As to the other thought... Although it would be 'immoral and wrong'... damn you could work up some powerful s**t. Considering the amount of people with access to the internet who just randomly surf the web... I think you might have something there reagun. Not that i'd condone such a thing... It's just a brilliant idea. I think more people should really look into the more modern tools available. The use of a computer in magic really does have so much potential that i can't even begin to fathom (mostly because i can't even manage standard html redface )  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 4:58 am
missmagpie
(mostly because i can't even manage standard html redface )

HTML is so passe. I can teach you XHTML, if you like. It makes a good deal more sense, it's more counter intuitive and it's standards compliant.

Hell, I can probably teach you web programming.  

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Pelta

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 5:09 am
reagun ban
missmagpie
(mostly because i can't even manage standard html redface )

HTML is so passe. I can teach you XHTML, if you like. It makes a good deal more sense, it's more counter intuitive and it's standards compliant.

Hell, I can probably teach you web programming.

I don't doubt it biggrin ! Thanks! Anything really basic would probably be appreciated. I'm not looking to design my own website or anything, but at the moment I don't even know how to add pictures to my sig or cut up quotes. It's all rather embarrasing sweatdrop . And anything like technomancy is WAAAAAAAAAAAY out of my league. I'll leave that to the people who actually know what they're doing.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff