Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
Saying the word "fa**ot" Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

PandoraCaitiff

7,300 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:58 pm
I hate the word (hate the n-word too). There's no excuse for it these days. And "bundle of sticks" is a more useful phrase.

I also hate how the word (and suffix) "f**" has been institutionalised by websites lie 4-chan and Encyclopedia Dramatica crying

iMito
And yes, you guys are right a f*****t is a bunch of sticks, but they're a bunch of sticks that was used to burn gay people during the Holocaust.

No they weren't. The killings were done in gas chambers, and the disposals were done in incinerators (or on wooden pyres in a few cases)  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:33 pm
So... I'm black, I mainly grew up in "white" communities, and when there was a decent black population where I am I'm disowned by every nationality. I never use the word in question, and would care less about people "using the N word."(as if we're in Harry Potter and certain words are forbidden. stare ) The problem is even if you're not saying something in fear of offending someone you're bound to offend someone, and only the immature are offended by something as generic as words. I say we should just ditch syntax and call it good.  

GBlackastone

Romantic Genius

HerSlushie

5,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 5:14 pm
If theyre your friend why the hell would they care what you call them for luls?  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:12 pm
I don't like how you say most black people. But anyway, no matter how much we think its ok its pretty stupid to call eachother something and expect others not to be able to. People get the impression that if we can do it, they can do it, so no one should be surprised when they get called these things if they use the words themselves. So I don't use either word. I don't consider myself a "******" and i dont consider myself a "f*****t" because to me, those words imply negative conotations.  

NegaScott_7x7

O.G. Shapeshifter

7,800 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200

Chocobo Fluff

Noble Inquisitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:12 pm
Well-I'm not denying I've used that word- but I'm not ignorant
of what it really means... which is a bundle of sticks/cigarrettes.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:29 pm
I happen to be a huge fan of cursing, my father even calls me his little sailor! But I dislike the word f*****t and f**. Well, f** as in cigarette is fine. But I use queer, dyke, lesbo, homo and all that in good fun with my friends. Most of my friends are straight, and I'm bisexual. Sometimes if one of them will hug me, I'll push them off and say "Get off me, lesbo!" And they know I'm joking.

But if someone said something like that and they weren't LGBT, (I'm including Allies in that) I would be extremely offended. Double standard, whatevs.  

MissDemeter

xDolei

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 2:46 am
I don't say f*****t much, unless i'm like angry at someone, but I call myself a f** all the time xp  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:50 pm
MissDemeter
I happen to be a huge fan of cursing, my father even calls me his little sailor! But I dislike the word f*****t and f**. Well, f** as in cigarette is fine. But I use queer, dyke, lesbo, homo and all that in good fun with my friends. Most of my friends are straight, and I'm bisexual. Sometimes if one of them will hug me, I'll push them off and say "Get off me, lesbo!" And they know I'm joking.

But if someone said something like that and they weren't LGBT, (I'm including Allies in that) I would be extremely offended. Double standard, whatevs.

This is a social issue. For men, the popular anti-gay statement is, "No Homo" which is very similar to your, "Get off me, lesbo." The reason why we say this is because we are insecure with a situation or a person (or ourselves) and to society says that it's all a big joke. I don't think it is; it's associating certain behaviors with being homosexual and others with being heterosexual. We try to separate the two so much, but that's not what sexuality is. If I enjoy a hug from a guy friend, that doesn't mean that I'm sexually stimulated by it; If I hug a girl, that doesn't mean I'm automatically turned off by it. It bothers me when we try to box ourselves in like that.

*Edit* By the way, the only word that I know I shouldn't say is retarded and I'm working on not saying it anymore.  

Arthuritis592

Wolf of Eternal Moon

5,150 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:11 pm
i find it annoying when people say "oh thats so gay" its stupid it has no meaning whatsoever but i cant help but laugh -internally- when kids get in fights cause someone called them a f*****t  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:52 pm
PandoraCaitiff
I hate the word (hate the n-word too). There's no excuse for it these days. And "bundle of sticks" is a more useful phrase.

I also hate how the word (and suffix) "f**" has been institutionalised by websites lie 4-chan and Encyclopedia Dramatica crying

iMito
And yes, you guys are right a f*****t is a bunch of sticks, but they're a bunch of sticks that was used to burn gay people during the Holocaust.

No they weren't. The killings were done in gas chambers, and the disposals were done in incinerators (or on wooden pyres in a few cases)

Hate both of those words as well. And yes actually I believe it was around the witch burning that gays were also burned. Supposedly they weren't even worth tying to a prye, so they just burned them on a large pile of sticks.

f** is/was actually an English slang term for a cigarette.

So really, people are ignorant for not even knowing how the words they used originated or even what the meaning is. People disgust me stare  

Kyoki DirzettE

6,750 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Meeatu

5,250 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Regular 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:22 pm
Bitchy pirate
I say f*****t all the time, like but its always the striaght people that tell me that i shouldn't use that word
Meh, I like the word f*****t~

Good on you!
After all, it's the intent behind a word that makes it offensive.
Used in a non-aggressive context, f*****t is a wonderful word.

And hell, I don't even think you should take offence when it is used in aggression, it is meant to mean homosexual, which really isn't an insult anyway, punch them in the face for trying to insult you, knee them in the crotch for doing it poorly, and forget about it razz

The word doesn't offend me.
The mentality surrounding it's use, as well as the way it's used itself does.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:24 pm
RoxyChick2003
Plus, a f*****t is a bundle of twigs, and a f** is a cigarette, while a homosexual means one thing and one thing alone. xd It just seems more specific to me.

You must be a terribly unpoetic person.
If we only spoke in the most specific, direct way, what a boring world it would be.

Ornamentation (especially litterary) is the spice of life.  

Meeatu

5,250 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Regular 100
  • First step to fame 200

Sarah_L_Awesome

5,350 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:35 pm
nope don't use it, if you use it then the straight people decide that apparently, they can use it all the time then you wake up to "Wake up fa****, it's morning"

It's never happened to me but it's my theory  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:04 am
f*****t is a funny word, dyke is annoying, I just like lezzie and sometimes homo/lesbo. But those tend to annoy me too. I think it depends on a case to case basis. But just joking around with my friends.  

Missy Murderess

Eloquent Elocutionist

8,050 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Elocutionist 200

Missy Murderess

Eloquent Elocutionist

8,050 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:08 am
Vociferous Virtuoso
Honestly, African Americans can claim the right to say the 'N' word, but people say it all the time and it's just not right in my opinion. N*gger means an ignorant person, and that's just rude to call someone. No one, INCLUDING AFRICAN AMERICANS, should say the 'N' word.
So on that note, I believe same goes for F**got. No one should say it, it's rude and it subliminally spreads homophobia.

"But people say ******** all of the time, and that's acceptable!"
F - Fornication
U - Unlawful
C - Carnal
K - Knowledge
It's a legal and appropriate acronym for the word RAPE, which is more a curse word than ******** is.

Words are used out of context all the time (e.g - f**got, n*gger, f*ck, a**, etc.) and it gets on my nerves. They're all normal, everyday words, and yet they're used out of context to mean bad things. Not only is it linguistically and grammatically incorrect, but it can be hurtful in some cases.

No one should say f**got, unless they're talking about a bundle of sticks, no one should say f*g unless they're talking about cigarettes. Or at least that's my opinion.

Dude, it's not linguistically incorrect. Languages change over time, the ONLY time they don't is if they're dead. Something in latin you say now, will still hold the same meaning a couple millenia later. While in the english language who knows? Maybe s**t will be short for shitaki mushrooms that everyone survives on?  
The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff