So long and thanks for the memories. 

Tags: Nintendo, Gaming, Video games 

Reply 'Tendo Cult~
Pokemon. Should it stay, or get cancelled? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Should the pokemon t.v. show be cancelled?
  hell yeah!
  No way D<
View Results

Gielwich

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 1:49 pm
NicholasEl
Get rid of Team Rocket and the show would probley be 30 times better. I can't stand them the most. Though the new epoisodes flat out suck.

The only reason that Team Rocket is there is because they were suppose to be comic relief characters.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 4:50 pm
They could tell the exact same stories with new Pokemon and none of us would like it.  

Meta_Fish
Captain

GrowingDandelion

5,600 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Junior 100
PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 4:16 pm
Topaz4293
NicholasEl
Get rid of Team Rocket and the show would probley be 30 times better. I can't stand them the most. Though the new epoisodes flat out suck.
well you can't get rid of them completely, you still need them in there for conflict. Every story needs a protagonist, an antagonist, a plot (Pokemon needs a good one of these too), a conflict...sometimes multiple (Make the trainer have some mental conflict to make it more interesting). And characterize every thing a little more clearly, Yes Brock loves all the pretty girls (even some that are questionable) but why? Because he's a guy isn't a good reason.

I may just be a little over the top with this though since the animes I like to watch are psychological thrillers.
Well, there was that Freudian analysis that made Ash out to be in a coma and it's all his subconcious. (I remember when my English Lit class all swarmed around that. The picture was in the yearbook.)

They should just leave it on. It's seriously not as bad as the piece of crap show they'll put on to fill the time slot. And I don't want to deal with the crying/rageing 10 year old I'll have to endure.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:28 pm
So like, I didn't even know the show was still running. -Late-  

Retro Love Machine

shappyshap

7,950 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 12:04 pm
I lost track of the storyline a long time ago(when they introduced all those new pokemon), it seems like every episode I watch has a contest in it of some sort or/and Team Rocket gets humiliated by the main characters....AGAIN. sad
They should discontinue it...I used to be a fan of pokemon a few years ago, but now...it's just weird.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:34 am
Eh, the anime died after Hoenn for me completetly like I still watched the seasons after but my main big deal about the anime I have that bothers me no matter what...how the hell...is Ash...still 10 years old after all these damn journeys? @_@  

Seruni

Friendly Friend

5,850 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200

LiNkMaN07

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:47 pm
They keep running out of ideas with the anime and the games so if they can spice up the anime and make it like the good old times again, then theres no need to cancel it.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:54 pm
ASH KETCHUM. He took FOREVER to go through Hoenn, while it took me four weeks. He should also know if anything that sounds too good to be true is a frickin' Team Rocket setup. I only like the movies because they show how much the legendaries pwn.  

Cognitohazard

Mind-boggling Abomination

19,575 Points
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Nerd 50

Cognitohazard

Mind-boggling Abomination

19,575 Points
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Nerd 50
PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:59 pm
Skai Cerulean
Eh, the anime died after Hoenn for me completetly like I still watched the seasons after but my main big deal about the anime I have that bothers me no matter what...how the hell...is Ash...still 10 years old after all these damn journeys? @_@

Actually, I think he turned 11 in the first Pichu Bros. Short. But really, he should be at least TWENTY by now.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:24 pm
I honestly haven't watched pokemon since the original series, but I agree with everyone else that A it's not going to get pulled cuz it makes money and B You don't have to watch it if u think it sucks.  

astrophe

otawara

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:37 pm
pokemon diamond and pearl is the best show ever

i love contests

i love bidoof

heart  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:51 pm
As much as I hate to say this, I think they should end it now and savor all the good years they've had before they make it any worse. But I DO like all of the new Pokémon they made up.  

x-D o o m K i t t a y-x

Dangerous Lunatic

8,150 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Xilo The Odd

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:46 pm
i'm thnking remake of the original first season, just better animation, more content, less filler episodes, closer to the original japanese episodes, within reason.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 7:23 am
I think Ash in the series is actually older than 10, now. I think he's supposed to be something like 15; The 'new people' who come in every season are always the young ones.  

Zylo Allouette

6,750 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Befriended 100
  • First step to fame 200

ForsakenSwordsman

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 2:31 am
The latest series of Pokémon, the series based on black and white, seems like a fairly decent return to form.

Sure they got rid of Brock (bastards) but it at least feels fresh..even Team Rocket feel a bit more interesting again. I think they've dropped contests too and just returned to focusing on little adventures and badge collecting etc.

Oh and the new opening is fun too, it updates every episode so that keeps it at least somewhat worth watching, hope they keep it the same for the Western release.

Even if the new season wasn't good though there'd be no point in canceling a series which (in Japan at the very least) continues to perform solidly.  
'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff