Welcome to Gaia! ::

Something Magical

Back to Guilds

This is a place where pagans, witches, and others who wish to know can come to learn from each other, and grow! 

Tags: Wicca, Pagan, Magic, Witchcraft, New Generation 

Reply *~General Discussion and Debate~*
////The Broom Closet\\ Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

broken_bleeding_angel

Desirable Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:07 pm
rmcdra
Sorry not really.

I'd have to know what verses he's using to justify this "saved" stance of his and what he means by "saved" (i.e. is it a one time deal or can it be lost) to be of help.

You could just tell him that your one of the Other People and you don't need salvation since you were never YHVH's to begin with.

Other People

I want to say thank you as well. That has actually helped explain a lot of things for myself. ♥  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:23 pm
broken_bleeding_angel
rmcdra
Sorry not really.

I'd have to know what verses he's using to justify this "saved" stance of his and what he means by "saved" (i.e. is it a one time deal or can it be lost) to be of help.

You could just tell him that your one of the Other People and you don't need salvation since you were never YHVH's to begin with.

Other People

I want to say thank you as well. That has actually helped explain a lot of things for myself. ♥

btw im in love wih your siggy >.< i keep watching it  

iiEatCandii

broken_bleeding_angel

Desirable Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:28 pm
iiEatCandii
broken_bleeding_angel
rmcdra
Sorry not really.

Other People

It's hypnotic, yes? XD And thank you. I tend to get a lot of comments on it.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:36 pm
broken_bleeding_angel
iiEatCandii
broken_bleeding_angel
rmcdra
Sorry not really.

Other People

haha yeah, i wish some anime people were real!! and im not even that much into anime sweatdrop but yush your siggy is hypnotic and im now your official siggy stalker! twisted hehe  

iiEatCandii

broken_bleeding_angel

Desirable Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 1:37 pm
iiEatCandii
broken_bleeding_angel
iiEatCandii
broken_bleeding_angel
rmcdra
Sorry not really.

Other People

haha yeah, i wish some anime people were real!! and im not even that much into anime sweatdrop but yush your siggy is hypnotic and im now your official siggy stalker! twisted hehe

Lol sweet. I'll add you to my mental list.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:28 am
@Sidney and Broken

NP. My only personal qualm with this article, and most neo-Pagan writings concerning Christianity, is that they imply that all of Christianity is sexually repressive and is obsessed with eliminating anything that can be seen as being sexual and granted this is the image projected by most Christians and it's leaders.

While yes there are sects and fringes that are and were anti-sex and sex negative, overall Christianity is more concerned with keeping it's usage in context of agape and also from keeping sex from becoming "cheapened" since it is believed by some sects such as Catholicism and the Eastern Orthodoxy to convey a Mystery that they believe would be lost if it became mundane and followed what they believe to be an improper form.

Edit: It should also be noted that Judaism, Catholicism, and the schismatic Orthodoxies do distinguish between types of sin and many sexual sins tend to be on the lowest order of sins. American Christians though tend to make sexual sins out to be the gravest of offences for whatever reason.  

rmcdra
Crew

Loved Seeker

11,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Contributor 150

broken_bleeding_angel

Desirable Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:35 am
rmcdra
@Sidney and Broken

NP. My only personal qualm with this article, and most neo-Pagan writings concerning Christianity, is that they imply that all of Christianity is sexually repressive and is obsessed with eliminating anything that can be seen as being sexual and granted this is the image projected by most Christians and it's leaders.

While yes there are sects and fringes that are and were anti-sex and sex negative, overall Christianity is more concerned with keeping it's usage in context of agape and also from keeping sex from becoming "cheapened" since it is believed by some sects such as Catholicism and the Eastern Orthodoxy to convey a Mystery that they believe would be lost if it became mundane and followed what they believe to be an improper form.

Edit: It should also be noted that Judaism, Catholicism, and the schismatic Orthodoxies do distinguish between types of sin and many sexual sins tend to be on the lowest order of sins. American Christians though tend to make sexual sins out to be the gravest of offences for whatever reason.

True, but take a look at their Sex Education classes in their schools. Their's either no such class, and if there is one it's a very breif session during P.E. A lot of them think that if they teach their students about it, they'll be making babies like crazy, which is not always the case. But this is because most (want to say all but then that would include those of other cultures too) public schools are based on Judao-Christian type teachings (At least that's what it is up here in Canada).

They're most likely worried about teenage prgnancy getting out of hand. What with the numbers of teenage mothers rising, so would their concern. Especially if it was a single teenage mother who happened to be a member of a church. if she asks for help, money wise, they generally have to give it to help that girl and her child out. And certain people in any church will find a million things wrong with this and complain and protest until they get their way.

And voila! Sex is bad.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:56 am
That was a really interesting article, thanks for posting it. It answered a few things I'd been wondering about for a while. What bothered me about it though, was how the writer's tone throughout most of the article is just screaming "My religion is better than yours, and I'm better and smarter than you". Yet he writes as though it's the Christians who are stuck up about religion. :/  

Little Batwing
Crew

rmcdra
Crew

Loved Seeker

11,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:14 pm
broken_bleeding_angel

True, but take a look at their Sex Education classes in their schools. Their's either no such class, and if there is one it's a very breif session during P.E. A lot of them think that if they teach their students about it, they'll be making babies like crazy, which is not always the case. But this is because most (want to say all but then that would include those of other cultures too) public schools are based on Judao-Christian type teachings (At least that's what it is up here in Canada).
I thought Canada was more so secular than the US. Yeah that's common of sects that teach the humanity is totally depraved. It's common of Protestants who make up a good portion of North America.

Quote:
They're most likely worried about teenage prgnancy getting out of hand. What with the numbers of teenage mothers rising, so would their concern. Especially if it was a single teenage mother who happened to be a member of a church. if she asks for help, money wise, they generally have to give it to help that girl and her child out. And certain people in any church will find a million things wrong with this and complain and protest until they get their way.

And voila! Sex is bad.
Now there's a secular reason I hadn't considered. I'm serious here I didn't.

See growing up in the South US there's this idea that floats around that anything you do is bad because humanity is totally depraved. Meaning anything instinctual just provided more "proof" for how wicked humanity really is. rolleyes I figured for a lot of areas it was probably this.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:15 pm
Little Batwing
That was a really interesting article, thanks for posting it. It answered a few things I'd been wondering about for a while. What bothered me about it though, was how the writer's tone throughout most of the article is just screaming "My religion is better than yours, and I'm better and smarter than you". Yet he writes as though it's the Christians who are stuck up about religion. :/
I got that vibe too.  

rmcdra
Crew

Loved Seeker

11,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Contributor 150

broken_bleeding_angel

Desirable Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:31 pm
rmcdra
I thought Canada was more so secular than the US. Yeah that's common of sects that teach the humanity is totally depraved. It's common of Protestants who make up a good portion of North America.

Not really. We're more accepting of other cultures as they say, but we do not always incorperate them nor recognize them in schools.

rmcdra

See growing up in the South US there's this idea that floats around that anything you do is bad because humanity is totally depraved. Meaning anything instinctual just provided more "proof" for how wicked humanity really is. rolleyes I figured for a lot of areas it was probably this.

Well if you look to the basic root of this, it's greed/money. People are actually looking at how much this will cost them. For school programs, guest speakers, classes, contraceptives. They all cost money.

Most think that if they do not tell them about it, they will not know about it. Which I find is ignorant and blatantly stupid on their part because kids will still get curious. And what with the internet and media now, how is it not hard for these children to know?

And once a child is born there is an average of $10,000 spent on that child alone in it's first year of life. And that ammount grows with every year it is alive. Now if the mother is young and single, and just for fun let's say she's living on her own. She is now eligable not only for just her Baby Bonus, but for Welfare as well, which taxes on everyone.

In conclusion I think that everyone would benefit if people were properly educated on such things. Regardless of religion and such.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:36 pm
broken_bleeding_angel

Not really. We're more accepting of other cultures as they say, but we do not always incorperate them nor recognize them in schools.
Ah

Quote:

Well if you look to the basic root of this, it's greed/money. People are actually looking at how much this will cost them. For school programs, guest speakers, classes, contraceptives. They all cost money.

Most think that if they do not tell them about it, they will not know about it. Which I find is ignorant and blatantly stupid on their part because kids will still get curious. And what with the internet and media now, how is it not hard for these children to know?

And once a child is born there is an average of $10,000 spent on that child alone in it's first year of life. And that ammount grows with every year it is alive. Now if the mother is young and single, and just for fun let's say she's living on her own. She is now eligable not only for just her Baby Bonus, but for Welfare as well, which taxes on everyone.

In conclusion I think that everyone would benefit if people were properly educated on such things. Regardless of religion and such.
Agreed.  

rmcdra
Crew

Loved Seeker

11,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Contributor 150

iiEatCandii

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:58 pm
broken_bleeding_angel
rmcdra

rmcdra

you know what pisses me off the most about it, is that its the same people making the decision to not have these programs that complain the most about the taxes and such and point fingers at the kids who were ignorant to it because they didnt spend a few bucks on the programs.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:19 pm
iiEatCandii

you know what pisses me off the most about it, is that its the same people making the decision to not have these programs that complain the most about the taxes and such and point fingers at the kids who were ignorant to it because they didnt spend a few bucks on the programs.

Well technically the kids arenèt ignorant, thy're just not educated about it. And you're right. It is the parents/people in charge to blame. Parents are also responsible for teaching their children safe sex methods. Possibly even more so if a school/group does not provide one.

I think the thing that bothers me the most about this is that the girls who get knocked up, with out any education, are looked down upon and mistread by their society. I don't think that's right.  

broken_bleeding_angel

Desirable Sex Symbol

rmcdra
Crew

Loved Seeker

11,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:36 pm
broken_bleeding_angel

Well technically the kids arenèt ignorant, thy're just not educated about it. And you're right. It is the parents/people in charge to blame. Parents are also responsible for teaching their children safe sex methods. Possibly even more so if a school/group does not provide one.

I think the thing that bothers me the most about this is that the girls who get knocked up, with out any education, are looked down upon and mistread by their society. I don't think that's right.
No it's not. What's worse is that Christianity teaches that it's members are not supposed to do that.

...Let's not turn this into a Christianity bash thread. I'm not saying that it is now but I see it potentially delving that way. Also it's not productive to our own personal paths.  
*~General Discussion and Debate~*

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff