Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Realse of spiritual energy? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Deoridhe
Crew

Fashionable Fairy

11,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:29 pm
CuAnnan
Describe what you mean.
Use simple english.

Hi Cu. heart

jacard
Deoridhe
jacard
she is one of my good friends, she said she can't teach me to control energy work, before I learn to control my other emotions.

That seems silly to me. Forms of control in one area can move to be used in another. Humans are very good at generalizing experiences.

In terms of getting rid of excess energy - I've been doing a lot with ablutions recently after interacting with my clients (I work with Adults with Persistent Mental Disorders). Usually these aren't as complete as the Muslim ones (though I have begun to consider carrying bottles of water in my trunk for on-the-spot ablutions) and mostly involve running water over my hands and washing my face.
Quote:

Yeah, Injust finished reading robert bruce's "energy work" and that gave me great ideas for releasing the energy.

Care to expand on that?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 5:34 pm
Deoridhe
CuAnnan
Describe what you mean.
Use simple english.

Hi Cu. heart

jacard
Deoridhe
jacard
she is one of my good friends, she said she can't teach me to control energy work, before I learn to control my other emotions.

That seems silly to me. Forms of control in one area can move to be used in another. Humans are very good at generalizing experiences.

In terms of getting rid of excess energy - I've been doing a lot with ablutions recently after interacting with my clients (I work with Adults with Persistent Mental Disorders). Usually these aren't as complete as the Muslim ones (though I have begun to consider carrying bottles of water in my trunk for on-the-spot ablutions) and mostly involve running water over my hands and washing my face.
Quote:

Yeah, Injust finished reading robert bruce's "energy work" and that gave me great ideas for releasing the energy.

Care to expand on that?

Well in robert's book he had a chapter on energy backup that one might incounter while doing energy work. He stated that if this happens one needs to dumb the energy back into natur. They could use water, and as the water runs over them they can dump the energy into the water, or tehy could go out into nature and just release all their bent up engery that they have acquired while doing energy work.

What are these ablutions you speak of?

jacard

Deoridhe
Crew

Fashionable Fairy

11,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 5:54 pm
jacard
Well in robert's book he had a chapter on energy backup that one might incounter while doing energy work. He stated that if this happens one needs to dumb the energy back into natur. They could use water, and as the water runs over them they can dump the energy into the water, or tehy could go out into nature and just release all their bent up engery that they have acquired while doing energy work.

Muslim ablutions occur before prayer; I just use them to wash free energy/confusion/emotional responses to my clients.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:13 pm
Deoridhe
jacard

Muslim ablutions occur before prayer; I just use them to wash free energy/confusion/emotional responses to my clients.

Mk  

jacard

Collowrath

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:49 pm
Deoridhe

I do this as well pretty regularly, both to remove my own contaminations or contamination I've picked up from someone else.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 7:14 pm
Collowrath
Deoridhe

I do this as well pretty regularly, both to remove my own contaminations or contamination I've picked up from someone else.

My tradition doesn't have that concept, and I don't personally approach it that way, but I know Nuri uses ablutions to dissipate miasma, which would be similar - yes?  

Deoridhe
Crew

Fashionable Fairy

11,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200

Collowrath

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 7:50 pm
Deoridhe
Collowrath
Deoridhe

My tradition doesn't have that concept, and I don't personally approach it that way, but I know Nuri uses ablutions to dissipate miasma, which would be similar - yes?

Very much so. The concept in my tradition stems from Hellenic and Slavic sources, though the terminology I use is a little different that I think you'd find in either.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 7:58 pm
Collowrath
Very much so. The concept in my tradition stems from Hellenic and Slavic sources, though the terminology I use is a little different that I think you'd find in either.

What are the Slavic sources? I know the Hellenic root concepts (someday it would be interesting to divide into "purity/no concept of purity" groups and see what we can discover from the comparisons) but not the Slavic.  

Deoridhe
Crew

Fashionable Fairy

11,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200

Collowrath

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:27 pm
Deoridhe
Collowrath

What are the Slavic sources? I know the Hellenic root concepts (someday it would be interesting to divide into "purity/no concept of purity" groups and see what we can discover from the comparisons) but not the Slavic.

I find a spiritual level in some cultural practices my family retains, alongside some folk understandings that aren't necessarily explicit, but that I think point to an understanding of "purity," such as with pisanky (the symbols, uses of the pisanky) and in attitudes toward some of the creatures of Slavic myth.

I thoroughly admit though, that these are colored by my Hellenic practice and personal theology and probably aren't mainstream understandings.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:56 pm
Collowrath
Deoridhe
Collowrath

I find a spiritual level in some cultural practices my family retains, alongside some folk understandings that aren't necessarily explicit, but that I think point to an understanding of "purity," such as with pisanky (the symbols, uses of the pisanky) and in attitudes toward some of the creatures of Slavic myth.

I thoroughly admit though, that these are colored by my Hellenic practice and personal theology and probably aren't mainstream understandings.

You mean the act of making the pisanky eggs then burying them or breaking them?  

Deoridhe
Crew

Fashionable Fairy

11,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200

Collowrath

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:38 pm
Deoridhe
Collowrath
Deoridhe
Collowrath

You mean the act of making the pisanky eggs then burying them or breaking them?

Yes - the act of making pisanky is sacred in and of itself. The symbols and colors are important in that as well. Some znaci (sometimes znaky, Tea uses zanky I think) and some colors contain explicit references to purity/cleanliness. For instance, symbols such as swirls are meant to "trap" a contaminant (usually as some evil force, like illness, or a creature like a vlkolak or devil).

Burying them or breaking them are often part of Spring fertility rituals - the symbols and meanings of the egg/s being buried or broken are meant to work as sympathetic magic.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:41 pm
Collowrath
Yes - the act of making pisanky is sacred in and of itself. The symbols and colors are important in that as well. Some znaci (sometimes znaky, Tea uses zanky I think) and some colors contain explicit references to purity/cleanliness. For instance, symbols such as swirls are meant to "trap" a contaminant (usually as some evil force, like illness, or a creature like a vlkolak or devil).

Burying them or breaking them are often part of Spring fertility rituals - the symbols and meanings of the egg/s being buried or broken are meant to work as sympathetic magic.

You know, somewhat amusingly, all of my recent pisanky eggs have been honoring various gods.  

Deoridhe
Crew

Fashionable Fairy

11,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200

Collowrath

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:47 am
Deoridhe
You know, somewhat amusingly, all of my recent pisanky eggs have been honoring various gods.

xd

In the Spring I make one in honor of Jarilo's return, and in the Fall, in memorial of His death.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff